PDA

View Full Version : Dare we dream ?

cheltenhamhibee
07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Not wishing to be a jinx, but do you think like me think this best chance we have had in many many seasons to win the SC ? i'm really starting to believe its oor year:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greenway
07-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Not wishing to be a jinx, but do you think like me think this best chance we have had in many many seasons to win the SC ? i'm really starting to belive its oor year:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

STOP Dreaming right now......., it's only going to jinx everything.

We don't have a chance, I'll all come apart very soon, we've just been lucky, we're really not very good.

There that should sort it.:greengrin

Now lets have no more of that.......

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 01:50 AM
STOP Dreaming right now......., it's only going to jinx everything.

We don't have a chance, I'll all come apart very soon, we've just been lucky, we're really not very good.

There that should sort it.:greengrin

Now lets have no more of that.......

:agree:

Allow me to say this in advance to avoid the agony of saying it later.

"There's always next year".

Diclonius
07-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Can we close this thread?

Purehibee_MYB
07-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Can we close this thread?

True dat...if this was facebook, I would like this! lets just look at the positives so far... least the filthy boys down the road haven;t got as far as us.:devil:

Beefster
07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Not wishing to be a jinx, but do you think like me think this best chance we have had in many many seasons to win the SC ? i'm really starting to believe its oor year:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The best chance we had in years was 2006.

As of now, Killie, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers are still in the cup. All capable of putting a spanner in the works.

James Connolly
07-02-2010, 07:07 AM

:hide:

YehButNoBut
07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I think this will be one of the toughest years to win the damn thing.

In previous years one or both of the Old Firm have gone out as have Dundee Utd & Aberdeen, they are all still in it this year.

Lets hope the draw is kind to us again on Wednesday and take it from there.

weonlywon6-2
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM

In previous years one or both of the Old Firm have gone out as have Dundee Utd & Aberdeen, they are all still in it this year.

could do with the old squirm going out or at least one of them,need a good draw on wednesday however with the team we have i do fancy our chances to go to any ground.

ggtth :thumbsup:

PaulSmith
07-02-2010, 08:16 AM
No, no, no. Consign yourself to the fact that we'll never win the cup as it makes life so much more stress free!

p.s any Jambos reading in, you're absolutely ****ting yourself about Hibs winning the cup aren't you, nothing else from now until May to interest yourself I suppose though (expect wondering where you'll find £17m quid)

down-the-slope
07-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Given we can beat any team on our day...but have proved we can also lose to any team on a given day...LIVI anyone:boo hoo:

then there is a long way to go...a home draw and some SPL pairings in the draw (us excepted:wink:) would be handy though

KeithTheHibby
07-02-2010, 08:36 AM

So far the draw has been kind.

We have possibly the best squad in a few years with a mix of youth and experience.

Stay clear of injuries and suspensions for the key players.

Yes we have a chance however the amount of times I have said that in the last ten years is staggering.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Beep beep beep

HibbyAndy
07-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Wee birdie tells me as its now the Qaurter finals the hot and cold ball will be introduced, So theres every likelyhood we will draw the Uglys home or away.

Jaz
07-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Not really.

We've had two good home draws. Won both games easily. Why does this make it a better chance to win the Cup than any other year where we are the quarter finals?

The OF are both still in.

A quarter final draw away to Rangers or Celtic and suddenly its as difficult as it gets.

If we are 3-0 with 5 mins to go in the Final against Ross County then I might (might) just be thinking it's "oor year"! :agree:

Wilson
07-02-2010, 09:18 AM
If we are 3-0 with 5 mins to go in the Final against Ross County then I might (might) just be thinking it's "oor year"! :agree:

Rookie error. That would be 5 minutes plus stoppage time. Plenty of time to f*** it up :grr:

If we win the bloody thing I'll be waiting for weeks afterwards for some technicality to emerge calling the result into question!

Hibs and the Scottish just don't go.

cad
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM

:no way: No way will we win it ,we will crash and burn .

:tsk tsk: Awfi thread by the way

:cup: Hope yer right :wink:

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
if we win the cup ......what will the yams have to sing about? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Not really.

Who's in goals?

Jaz
07-02-2010, 09:35 AM
if we win the cup ......what will the yams have to sing about? :confused:

If <when> we do win the Cup.......everything changes!!

Jaz
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
If we are 3-0 up with 5 mins to go in the Final against Ross County then I might (might) just be thinking it's "oor year"!

Who's in goals?

Me!

davym7062
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM
if the draw comes up

rangers v celtic
dons v utd
hibs v ross county

i still dont think we'll win it:agree:

s.a.m
07-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Nope. You've blown it. Big time.:rolleyes:

cheltenhamhibee
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM

the auld firm are nowhere near as strong as they have been in previous years, aberdeen are gash the now, are the arabs that hot either ? just think that this is our best chance ages:thumbsup:

cheltenhamhibee
07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
never heard so much pessimisstic rubbish in my life, next it'll be gypsy curses for no buying bloody heather !!!! or we cannae win it cos there's a Y in the day

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
At least we're still in the cup, unlike the Yams.

While I'm on that subject, Fat Jeff Knew.:wink:

blackhibee
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Well by the law of averages we will win it sometime. But not in my lifetime. We always seem to be quite innovative when it comes to the Scottish Cup, finding new ways to bugger it up.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
The best chance we ever had of winning it was that year where all we had to do was win 5 games in a row and it was ours. I still cant believe we blew it.

:devil:

southfieldshibby
08-02-2010, 12:24 AM
yes. we will win it.

akita
08-02-2010, 12:31 AM
How you can say after 2 easy home ties that this could be our year!!! We've had better chances in the past with better teams than we've got just now... It's looking like one of the strongest 1/4 finals and 1/2 finals for many a year.....

Can we win it????? Yes of course we can...

Will we win it???? Every chance not

southfieldshibby
08-02-2010, 12:40 AM
How you can say after 2 easy home ties that this could be our year!!! We've had better chances in the past with better teams than we've got just now... It's looking like one of the strongest 1/4 finals and 1/2 finals for many a year.....

yes. we will win it.

seanraff07
08-02-2010, 12:44 AM
yes. we will win it.
Maybe not this year. Maybe in the next few years... hopefully.

southfieldshibby
08-02-2010, 12:48 AM
maybe not this year. Maybe in the next few years... Hopefully.

yes! We will win it.........this year!

hibsbollah
08-02-2010, 07:23 AM

its in the bag:agree:

Speedway
08-02-2010, 10:29 AM
We're oot in the next round.

We'll pass 110 years without winning it comfortably.

cheltenhamhibee
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM

is it though !!! when was the last time we were in this league position with stonger teams ? the ugly sisters are no where near as strong as they have been in the past, the arabs and sheep are not exactly world beaters are they ??? even the yams are bricking it this year !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keith_M
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn the witch!

:wink:

the_ginger_hibee
08-02-2010, 11:40 AM
We will win it in 2012.

I text one of those 'We know everything' question numbers things. 2012 is our year, and Hearts wont win it again till 2026 or something. I'll take that tbh! :greengrin

Bad Martini
08-02-2010, 11:41 AM
We're ****ing taking it this year.

You watch.

And, we're taking third anaw.

Probably because I did NOT put my usual bets on with Willie Hills where I'd rake in the dosh IF these events do transpire but, I'll live without the guaranteed £20k in bet winnings to see the Scottish Cup coming doon Easter Road.

I had a word with the almighty. This is bagged and sorted. God is a Hibby, he told me. And as you will note, the yams season is over now tae. I asked for that anaw and just wait til ye see what he's got in store for the huns :greengrin

ENDOF

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'll agree it's our year when all other SPL competition is removed. And Division One too.

rubber mal
08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
In the words of Stephen Patrick Morrissey:

How dearly I would love to get carried away
But I once had a dream and it never came true

Speedway
08-02-2010, 12:31 PM
In the words of Stephen Patrick Morrissey:

How dearly I would love to get carried away
But I once had a dream and it never came true

And time is against me now.

Bad Martini