MWHIBBIES
07-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Another great goal for blackpool today.

We are very very silly.

Greenway
07-02-2010, 12:16 AM

We are very very silly.

To be fair he went to Cardiff for a good bit of cash, and lots of expectation. Lasted about 5 mins, before they decided they had made a mistake. Hopefully he will have a decent career somewhere and good luck to him, but I'm hardly upset that it's not us.

PS: In case you hadn't noticed, we've got Riordan, Stokes, Nish, Benji and now Gow. All of them score goals, so I'm not sure what you think we've missed out on.

Cool_Hand_Luke
07-02-2010, 12:17 AM

We are very very silly.

Dont think we are...he never got his act together until Q.O.S and got his move from there.
Personally think he is a decent enough player..but who would you have him replace in the current team :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
07-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I didnt say i would want him now but the last few years he could have done a job imo and i agree out strikers now are better.

Pete
07-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I didnt say i would want him now but the last few years he could have done a job imo and i agree out strikers now are better.

I saw his name creeping up on sky sports as he seems to be scoring for fun right now....but I didn't believe it was the one who was once with us.

Good luck to him and I'll never forget that goal against the huns.

Is he still a porker?

MWHIBBIES
07-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I saw his name creeping up on sky sports as he seems to be scoring for fun right now....but I didn't believe it was the one who was once with us.

Good luck to him and I'll never forget that goal against the huns.

Is he still a porker?Didnt look fat at all.

Blackpool game was on exteded highlights on football leauge show and he looked the best player on the park.

Owain_1987
07-02-2010, 01:29 AM
To be fair he went to Cardiff for a good bit of cash, and lots of expectation. Lasted about 5 mins, before they decided they had made a mistake. Hopefully he will have a decent career somewhere and good luck to him, but I'm hardly upset that it's not us.

PS: In case you hadn't noticed, we've got Riordan, Stokes, Nish, Benji and now Gow. All of them score goals, so I'm not sure what you think we've missed out on.

He went to Swansea don't get them mixed up :grr: He to slow and greedy anyways.

Nailrod
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
He went to Swansea don't get them mixed up :grr: He to slow and greedy anyways.
I saw him play several times for QoS and one of the things that struck me was how unselfish he was, even at that level.

poolman
07-02-2010, 02:30 AM

We are very very silly.

And who would you leave out to put him in the team

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 02:53 AM
I reckon he could do a job in the SPL. :agree:

For Hearts. :wink:

Kaiser1962
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Dont think we are...he never got his act together until Q.O.S and got his move from there.
Personally think he is a decent enough player..but who would you have him replace in the current team :greengrin

Undoubtedly he has a bit of quality about him or he wouldnt have been at Rangers or here in the first place. I think his problem area is between his ears. Can anyone remember we used to have a forward who scored for fun in the reserves week in week out but when played in the first team just didn't really have it, unfortunately. Graham something? Ended up at Dundee I think?

I'm_cabbaged
07-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Undoubtedly he has a bit of quality about him or he wouldnt have been at Rangers or here in the first place. I think his problem area is between his ears. Can anyone remember we used to have a forward who scored for fun in the reserves week in week out but when played in the first team just didn't really have it, unfortunately. Graham something? Ended up at Dundee I think?

Harvey? :confused:

Kaiser1962
07-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Harvey? :confused:

Thanks. My brain was starting to shut down.

HibbyAndy
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Some people on here havent been here long enough to work out the irony yet.

Dobbie id take back in a heartbeat.

Toaods
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Didnt look fat at all.

then we weren't silly after all....perhaps it was he who wasted 3 years of a highly promising career by finding the attraction of MacDonalds too difficult to resist.

Hibby Bairn
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Typifies scottish football and footballers. Just as talented as many others at top flight but physical and mental attitude just not there......until it is too late. I think as a country we are finally realising this and guys like Wotherspoon and Hanlon have their heads screwed on the right way.

Franck is God
07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Dobbie was a talented striker even at Hibs but was only ever good enough at the time to be a sub. He has improved a lot since then but there have been other players leaving that I have regretted more.

I personally was far more disappointed when Paul Hartley left as I always thought he had a lot more to give. At least Dobbie 'so far' hasn't come back to haunt us in the same way....