PDA

View Full Version : Alan Gow's goal (merged)

The Keeper
06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
..Was sublime. We were right in line with him, and the control he showed while waltzing through the Montrose back line was ace. The finish, from a tight angle against a goalkeeper playing at the top of his game, was superb. Great signing!

Mikey
06-02-2010, 05:51 PM
He looked good and it was a very good goal.

That draws him level with Witteveen in the goal scoring charts :smokin

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
He looked good and it was a very good goal.

That draws him level with Witteveen in the goal scoring charts :smokin

To be fair, Gow will get to play more Scottish cup games than pitweem.

MussyHibby
06-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Great goal and a couple of nice passes with a decent left peg. :agree:

Lighter framed than I remember him.

down-the-slope
06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Taller than I remember - at least compared to our smurf midfield....useful for getting to Spoonys whipped crosses, as I think he will be fighting with Nish for that role behind Stokes...also with such a sweet left peg deeks will be under pressure on the left side

hibbymark
06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Great to see him get of the mark in his first game .He is no nade but i dont remember him ever being prolific. The strenth of the bench/squad with guys that can come on and make a difference is frighting. Lets enjoy these players while we have them. We all know its not always like this... Good times..............

hibernian tv
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
This goal can be viewed on the front page of the official site - it appears on the viewing screen (you have to wait until the ad has played through but it is worth waiting on)

RoYO!
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Taller than I remember - at least compared to our smurf midfield....useful for getting to Spoonys whipped crosses, as I think he will be fighting with Nish for that role behind Stokes...also with such a sweet left peg deeks will be under pressure on the left side

we're not getting deeks involved enough and i feel he is wasted on the left.
so if the left can become Gow's hopefully we'll see more of Deeks picking up the ball in the middle of the park.

see what happens today if we get him into those positions :wink:

Malthibby
06-02-2010, 06:50 PM
If I was uber critical I would point out it was against a poor defence which was knackered, but it was a very sweet goal from someone who cannot be match sharp. Said elsewhere that Gow & Benji looked good together, & also agree that Riordan's time with the ball is compromised by his wing position. So many good players to accommodate.....
GG

weedgiehibbie
06-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Same here, seemed taller than i thought - must be those pasties down in plymouth Green Army!!!! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
brilliant debut goal by gowser, just a shame he didnt celebrate by taking his strip off, a bit of this would have warmed up us females:wink:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs211.snc3/21873_297340074192_529584192_3476406_3059427_n.jpg

maybe he is waiting til its a bit warmer and also a league match booking isnt as bad a cup one:greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
brilliant debut goal by gowser, just a shame he didnt celebrate by taking his strip off, a bit of this would have warmed up us females:wink:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs211.snc3/21873_297340074192_529584192_3476406_3059427_n.jpg

maybe he is waiting til its a bit warmer and also a league match booking isnt as bad a cup one:greengrin

OMG is he Johnny Collins's love child?

:greengrin

fatbloke
06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Found this gem as the OP in an Alan Gow thread.

Has just scored for hibs.

It fills me with rage when i hear that we didn't want him yet we can't buy a fffkin goal!
_

What planet are these plums on they didn't want him shoorly shum mishtake ya deluded jambo tw@.

First of many I hope - BTW are we looking to sign him long term or just till season ends?

NOLA
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM

john Collins would have liked Gow at Hibs :wink:

--------
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM

No - he's demonstrating a wee bit of intelligence and not doing something he would get a yellow card for.

He's a good signing and we need to get him on a permanent deal ASAP.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM

It fills me with rage when i hear that we didn't want him yet we can't buy a fffkin goal!
_

What planet are these plums on they didn't want him shoorly shum mishtake yo deluded jambo tw@.

First of many I hope - BTW are we looking to sign him long term or just till season ends?

I'm guessing he meant VLAD didn't want him so the Jambo is technically correct! They are deluded though so I might be wrong :greengrin

oconnors_strip
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
No - he's demonstrating a wee bit of intelligence and not doing something he would get a yellow card for.

He's a good signing and we need to get him on a permanent deal ASAP.

thats why i said "a league match booking isnt as bad a cup one". :greengrin

--------
06-02-2010, 07:11 PM

_

What planet are these plums on they didn't want him shoorly shum mishtake yo deluded jambo tw@.

They were alleged to be in for Riordan - nothing came of it.

They were alleged to be in for Stokes - nothing came of that either.

They were alleged to be in for Gow - nothing there either.

Whether they really interested, or whether it was all just horsefeathers to keep the Deluded Ones onside, I have my doubts. I really don't think any footballer of any degree of intelligence would think about signing for Hearts right now.

But it must be rather annoying to be the supporter of a team that can't buy a goal in any but the most unlikely circumstances to think that with a wee bit of honesty and credibility, they could have had those three as their strike-force. Must really irk Jumbo, too. Especially since they're all ours. :devil:

Hibee_Lisa
06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
This is a good one

"Ayee Montrose is a hard team to score aginst right enough. Notice how stokes cannae score against teams like Irvine meadow or Montrose."

How many goals has Stokes scored in the spl ah that will be 13,shame hearts can only dream of one of their strikers scoring as many :faf:

Mikey
06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
What planet are these plums on they didn't want him shoorly shum mishtake ya deluded jambo tw@.

It's the official line over there. That way it doesn't look like the wee team was his preferred choice :wink:

Jonnyboy
06-02-2010, 07:14 PM
This is a good one

"Ayee Montrose is a hard team to score aginst right enough. Notice how stokes cannae score against teams like Irvine meadow or Montrose."

How many goals has Stokes scored in the spl ah that will be 13,shame hearts can only dream of one of their strikers scoring as many :faf:

:faf:

C'mon Stokesie, goals against the OF and Hertz are just no good enough laddie :greengrin

Cropley10
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
They were alleged to be in for Riordan - nothing came of it.

They were alleged to be in for Stokes - nothing came of that either.

They were alleged to be in for Gow - nothing there either.

Whether they really interested, or whether it was all just horsefeathers to keep the Deluded Ones onside, I have my doubts. I really don't think any footballer of any degree of intelligence would think about signing for Hearts right now.

But it must be rather annoying to be the supporter of a team that can't buy a goal in any but the most unlikely circumstances to think that with a wee bit of honesty and credibility, they could have had those three as their strike-force. Must really irk Jumbo, too. Especially since they're all ours. :devil:

My view is that they do offer decent wages - probably more than we do most of the time. The difference is - I think - we also share with the player a generous percentage of any future profit the Club make when selling a player, whereas I can't see Vlad doing that.

Not paying players on time, restricting bonuses and the general merry go round and team interference means that only players motivated solely by cash sign for them over us - eg D.Barr.

Of course this becomes a vicious circle - the more players who overlook them the worse it will get. Brilliant!

Hibercelona
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
"Mr Romanov didne wanum, therefore we didne wanum".

iwasthere1972
06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
..Was sublime. We were right in line with him, and the control he showed while waltzing through the Montrose back line was ace. The finish, from a tight angle against a goalkeeper playing at the top of his game, was superb. Great signing!

Well impressed with first showing. Keep it up Alan. :thumbsup:

RickyS
06-02-2010, 07:56 PM

_

another one...

Makes me laugh when some on here were giving i large about stokes and Gow giving it
"he's ****e "
"Good he's crap anyway "
"Hibs can have him he crap "

what ****in planet are these planks on:jamboak:

this boy seems sensible tho and confirms what we all suspected

They all count .

How many do you think we would of scored against montrose?

I'll leave it untill he scores against better oposition then shall i. wich he will.

There's some amount of clueless bawsacks on here like.

hfc rd
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
What a superb goal to score on your debut. Gow looks like a good player that peformance from the bench.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I think Gow could be a big player for Hibs this season.

GreenCastle
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Gow, Benji and Zoomer on form :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2010, 08:07 PM
what makes me laugh is their constant belief that everything is gonaa be ok.

If Mr Romanov says we dont need a striker, then Glen and whoever else are obviously the next worldbeaters.

IF we can get Larry playing, he'll be better than Gow. They've been waiting for this to happen for over 2 years.

If JJ sayd Ryan Stevenson is the next Paul Hartley, then that is exactly what will happen.

We are struggling in 6th, and out of both cups, £30m in debt and I hate 90% of our players, but its still better than being an aids ridden gypo!!! (who happen to have a good team, are beating us to players, have next to no debts, are challenging for 2nd, and are building a shiny new stand) :top marks Thats Yam logic for you!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM

That's sexist.... :grr:

Part/Time Supporter
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
another one...

Makes me laugh when some on here were giving i large about stokes and Gow giving it
"he's ****e "
"Good he's crap anyway "
"Hibs can have him he crap "

what ****in planet are these planks on:jamboak:

this boy seems sensible tho and confirms what we all suspected

They all count .

How many do you think we would of scored against montrose?

I'll leave it untill he scores against better oposition then shall i. wich he will.

There's some amount of clueless bawsacks on here like.

Cringing with jealousy

:agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Fine debut and fine goal, albeit against atrocious opposition, he's unlikely to get to face such lame 'defending' again this season.

oconnors_strip
06-02-2010, 08:25 PM
That's sexist.... :grr:

im sure some men would be happy to see gow take his strip off aswell:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2010, 08:26 PM

You're only jealous cause Los Yambolinas got Darren Barr.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM

I'm a wee bit worried that the blonde at the bottom right of the pic has the name Alan Gow under her pic :greengrin

oconnors_strip
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm a wee bit worried that the blonde at the bottom right of the pic has the name Alan Gow under her pic :greengrin

thats what alan dresses up as on a saturday night:greengrin

but he can do what ever he wants if he plays well and scores like he did today:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
thats what alan dresses up as on a saturday night:greengrin

but he can do what ever he wants if he plays well and scores like he did today:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-02-2010, 08:22 AM

:jamboak:

The vast majority of Hibees according to that song the Jambos sing..... :greengrin

Expecting Rain
07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Gow just might be the difference to us achieving something this season.