PDA

View Full Version : Greggs yams nhc. What does it all mean?

Lofarl
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
As I sit here on the train waiting at bathgate it occurs to me that writing this post will kill some time.

Now at work today I called my jambo workmate a yam. What does yam actually mean? I can't remember hearing it when I was a laddie. It's funny cos I use the term so often. Also I get that NHC mean non hibs content, but the term greggs eludes me. I thought it was all Nade content at first. Anyway trains underway now.

MyJo
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
a yam is another name for the sweet potato.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CJiMltRI5UQ/R9FiJ8VIjqI/AAAAAAAACwQ/KpbpD0gtdpg/s400/yam1.jpg

as you can see the sweet potato is a little bit deformed looking and bloody-turd maroon in colour just like our city neighbours.....therefore the term "yam" to describe the cretins was coined.

Moulin Yarns
06-02-2010, 01:05 PM
And Greggs is the source of all football rumours,

as in "David Beckham was buyng a Steak bake in Greggs on Elm Row"

Silver Fox
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
And Greggs is the source of all football rumours,

as in "David Beckham was buyng a Steak bake in Greggs on Elm Row"

Nearly but not quite............

I was in Greggs on Elm Row yesterday for the customary steak bake when I overheard a conversation in the queue, Some bloke wearing a Hibs jacket was telling his pal that we were trying to get Beckham on loan in the summer.

ie the footballer himself isn't in Greggs its the rumours overheard whilst queueing in such establishments.

:hnet: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Nearly but not quite............

I was in Greggs on Elm Row yesterday for the customary steak bake when I overheard a conversation in the queue, Some bloke wearing a Hibs jacket was telling his pal that we were trying to get Beckham on loan in the summer.

ie the footballer himself isn't in Greggs its the rumours overheard whilst queueing in such establishments.

:hnet: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

You just missed him, he had got on the number 22 bus :greengrin

Silver Fox
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
You just missed him, he had got on the number 22 bus :greengrin

It was the No.26 to Clermiston, allegedly. :wink:

sleeping giant
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
It was the No.26 to Clermiston, allegedly. :wink:

Capucho:agree:

MyJo
06-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Capucho:agree:

Cruyff :rolleyes:

sleeping giant
06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Cruyff :rolleyes:

Capacho was on the bus first IIRC.

Silver Fox
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Jose' Antonio Reyes. :faf:

MyJo
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Capacho was on the bus first IIRC.

Cruyff had to lend him the busfare

Jones28
06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
NHC: No Hibs Content :agree:

jacomo
06-02-2010, 03:19 PM
NHC: No Hibs Content :agree:

If a thread is labelled "NHC", Hibs.net ettiquette obliges you to post a message on that thread bemoaning the lack of Hibs-related content on a Hibs message board.

And employ this wee fella if you so wish: :grr: