PDA

View Full Version : can you still be a supporter

d campbelton
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Speaking to my mate tonight he was slagging me of saying i was a crap supporter as i don't go to as many games as he does,i freely admit this is true i have 3 young boys one low income wage.mine,and a house to run.Any games i do go to i have to save up long and hard for as i like to take my eldest and make a day of it with him,compared with his single child free out every weekend not a care in the world one big party life.Don't get me wrong I'm not a supporter who only attends cup final games,i dont go i have too much respect for the fans who go every week spending there hard earned cash there for investing in the team and club.Besides i don't what to be labeled as a supporter who only attends once every few years to see hibs and then only at hamden.So my question is can you still be a good supporter {note i said good not loyal} even though you cant make every game.

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
No. You're a fan, not a supporter, as you don't support the club financially.

FACT.

END OF.

Don't post on the Uberfan thread.

:greengrin

HibeeDaz6270
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Of course you can, im sure you make as many games you can, and aslong as you always see yourself as a hibee win lose or draw, then yes you are a supporter of Hibernian F.C:agree:

HibeeDaz6270
05-02-2010, 10:41 PM
No. You're a fan, not a supporter, as you don't support the club financially.

FACT.

END OF.

Don't post on the Uberfan thread.

just because he doesnt attend games, doesnt mean he doesnt support Hibernian F.C, Im sure he has bought many Hibs shirts etc in his time.

SvenNeil
05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
It's people like you that deserve the respect of others to even get to a game.

You are a fan - and no doubt yer kids will be too :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Speaking to my mate tonight he was slagging me of saying i was a crap supporter as i don't go to as many games as he does,i freely admit this is true i have 3 young boys one low income wage.mine,and a house to run.Any games i do go to i have to save up long and hard for as i like to take my eldest and make a day of it with him,compared with his single child free out every weekend not a care in the world one big party life.Don't get me wrong I'm not a supporter who only attends cup final games,i dont go i have too much respect for the fans who go every week spending there hard earned cash there for investing in the team and club.Besides i don't what to be labeled as a supporter who only attends once every few years to see hibs and then only at hamden.So my question is can you still be a good supporter {note i said good not loyal} even though you cant make every game.

Glory hunting bassa. :agree:

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 10:47 PM
just because he doesnt attend games, doesnt mean he doesnt support Hibernian F.C, Im sure he has bought many Hibs shirts etc in his time.

Kids don't do irony nowadays do they? :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Of course you are still a good supporter.

I don't get to many games these days as i live in Aberdeen, work some weekends and also play football most Saturdays. However i'm as passionate about Hibs as anyone, this despite the fact my passion for pro football in general has dwindled the last few years.

Removed
05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Glory hunting bassa. :agree:

:agree:

Bet he's got Sky & ESPN as well :grr:

And I don't want to be a loyal supporter, leave that to BITC. I prefer committed or dedicated :greengrin

sixtwo
05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I have been a hibs fan since i was 3. I am now 32. Through those years i have been a hibee at primary school when i could only afford some games-when my parents could afford to give my neigbour the couple of quid to take me. I have been a hibee when i was at high school when i saved up my lunch money to go on a saturday and I have been a hibee as an adult. There has been times when i could afford to pay a few friends in, and there has been times when i have asked a mate to pay me in, there has been loads of times where i have been so skint that i have sat with a radio to my ear trying to decipher the old firm weedgie ***** just to hear if we have a chance against st mirren. /now i am fortunate enough to have a season ticket, i am proud but i do not feel any more of a hibee than i have done for the rest of my hibs supporting life.

The fact is, you know yourself how much of a hibee you are. You could go to every game and know **** all or go to no games but kick every ball and cheer us evry step of the way.
only you know how much of a hibee you are:notworthy:

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
:agree:

Bet he's got Sky & ESPN as well :grr:

And I don't want to be a loyal supporter, leave that to BITC. I prefer committed or dedicated :greengrin

:agree: 3 posts in 18 months. Where was he during the Mixu era. Decided to jump aboard the good ship lollipop when the results are going our way.

Bet he's only doing this now so that by the time we are in the Scottish Cup final he will have loads-a-posts and be scrambling for a seat at Hampden. :greengrin

:devil:

James.
05-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Sounds like a good supporter to me, you sound like your making the effort & sacrafice to make it to ER every now & then. Get your boys out on a paper round so they can join the Hibs Kids :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:07 PM
My brother thinks he's an uberfan because he goes every week

to the newsagent to get his Sunday Post to read all about his beloved Hibees. :notworthy: :notworthy:

d campbelton
05-02-2010, 11:09 PM
:agree: 3 posts in 18 months. Where was he during the Mixu era. Decided to jump aboard the good ship lollipop when the results are going our way.

Bet he's only doing this now so that by the time we are in the Scottish Cup final he will have loads-a-posts and be scrambling for a seat at Hampden. :greengrin

Take no offence mate but already said i don't go to the finals out of respect for fans like yourself and others as i don't want to be known as a glory hunting ******* who only attends hamden.If your offended or pissed at the post i apologise

Hainan Hibs
05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll only assess if you are a supporter when I can observe when you leave a match.

If I even sense you are about to get off your arse before the final whistle then help me god:grr:

(Being serious, aye, definitely a supporter)

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Take no offence mate but already said i don't go to the finals out of respect for fans like yourself and others as i don't want to be known as a glory hunting ******* who only attends hamden.If your offended or pissed at the post i apologise

See the use of :devil: in his post.

This means he's up to this :fishin: and winding you up.

Especially at the back of 12 on a Friday night. To get a serious response from anyone at this time of night is pushing it a bit! :greengrin

I also agree with Hainan Hibs that the time you leave the match is crucial.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM

No need to apologise it's just a bit of a "leg pull". Anyway nothing would stop me going to Hampden for a final regardless of how many games I had gone to in the years prior.

Toaods
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Campbelton, look.........I wish you were whisky.:woohoo:

:tee hee:

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 11:18 PM
No need to apologise it's just a bit of a "leg pull". Anyway nothing would stop me going to Hampden for a final regardless of how many games I had gone to in the years prior.

What was it you said?

Oh aye.............. glory hunting bassa!

d campbelton
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
See the use of :devil: in his post.

This means he's up to this :fishin: and winding you up.

Especially at the back of 12 on a Friday night. To get a serious response from anyone at this time of night is pushing it a bit! :greengrin

I also agree with Hainan Hibs that the time you leave the match is crucial.
Thanks for the for that lol,and when i do go i like to my moneys worth so i stay till the whistle goes no matter the score.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:20 PM
What was it you said?

Oh aye.............. glory hunting bassa!

That only applies to "others". :wink:

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the for that lol,and when i do go i like to my moneys worth so i stay till the whistle goes no matter the score.

Then you are a supporter in my eyes then, not like these part-timers that leave 5 minutes early to "beat the rush" :rolleyes:

HibbyScott
05-02-2010, 11:22 PM

Congratulations Campbelton, you can now officially be promoted to "Uberfan" :greengrin

surreyhibbie
05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
As long as Hibs are in your heart, you are a supporter mate. :wink:

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:25 PM

:thumbsup: Welcome to the real fans corner.

Peeps who leave before the match with lame excuses like catching a bus/train, got small children, promised the wife they wouldn't be late home or have got an elderly person with them :grr:

I never leave before the final whistle. :smug:

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Then you are a supporter in my eyes then, not like these part-timers that leave 5 minutes early to "beat the rush" :rolleyes:

Have a feeling there's more legs in this thread. :devil:

Oh and the so called "rush" finished about 1953. :greengrin

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Have a feeling there's more legs in this thread. :devil:

Oh and the so called "rush" finished about 1953. :greengrin

I love :hnet:

Wembley67
05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
i no longer go to the games as i cant be arsed, i'll go to the odd derby and cup game but i really dont give a toss of others opinion of my hibs supporting status - each to their own eh?

Hainan Hibs
05-02-2010, 11:38 PM
i no longer go to the games as i cant be arsed, i'll go to the odd derby and cup game but i really dont give a toss of others opinion of my hibs supporting status - each to their own eh?

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:46 PM
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Try breathing into a brown paper bag. If that doesn't work then try a white one. :agree:

Toaods
06-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm an Inverted Uberfan

....I try my best to be the last one in the West Lower every game.:cool2:

ironmike
06-02-2010, 01:43 AM
I have been a hibs fan since i was 3. I am now 32. Through those years i have been a hibee at primary school when i could only afford some games-when my parents could afford to give my neigbour the couple of quid to take me. I have been a hibee when i was at high school when i saved up my lunch money to go on a saturday and I have been a hibee as an adult. There has been times when i could afford to pay a few friends in, and there has been times when i have asked a mate to pay me in, there has been loads of times where i have been so skint that i have sat with a radio to my ear trying to decipher the old firm weedgie ***** just to hear if we have a chance against st mirren. /now i am fortunate enough to have a season ticket, i am proud but i do not feel any more of a hibee than i have done for the rest of my hibs supporting life.

The fact is, you know yourself how much of a hibee you are. You could go to every game and know **** all or go to no games but kick every ball and cheer us evry step of the way.
only you know how much of a hibee you are:notworthy:

:top marks best post i've read here in a while!

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2010, 02:13 AM
It makes no difference whether you attend games or not, it's how committed to the club you feel. There can be many reasons for not going to games;

1) Finances - you don't have the cash. Many fans have been priced out of football over the years.
2) Location - people move for work/career advancement or meet partners from other parts of the world.
3) Dependents - people have child care responsibilities or other family/social commitments.
4) Work - some people have jobs which require them to work on Saturday's.

I've been a Hibs fan for 30 years. Due to some of the circumstances above I've ranged from 40 to 2 games a season. I've had a near perfect attendance with some garbage Hibs teams (early Miller, Williamson) and missed loads of good ones during the McLeish and Mowbray era. No matter how many games I get to, I never feel more or less a fan.

Speedy
06-02-2010, 02:27 AM

Out of interest, does this include people who leave their seat and watch injury time on the tv in the stadium?

Lucius Apuleius
06-02-2010, 04:00 AM
What is your website like?

jabis
06-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Thank God I didn't read this new uberfan thread last night.

:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
06-02-2010, 08:15 AM
You are as much a supporter as the guy who is lucky enough to have some spare cash but lives to far away to afford to go to every game. It's about how you feel when we do well and when we do bad and how you feel when you talk about our club to those who dont support it or know about it.

Bostonhibby
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
It makes no difference whether you attend games or not, it's how committed to the club you feel. There can be many reasons for not going to games;

1) Finances - you don't have the cash. Many fans have been priced out of football over the years.
2) Location - people move for work/career advancement or meet partners from other parts of the world.
3) Dependents - people have child care responsibilities or other family/social commitments.
4) Work - some people have jobs which require them to work on Saturday's.

I've been a Hibs fan for 30 years. Due to some of the circumstances above I've ranged from 40 to 2 games a season. I've had a near perfect attendance with some garbage Hibs teams (early Miller, Williamson) and missed loads of good ones during the McLeish and Mowbray era. No matter how many games I get to, I never feel more or less a fan.

:thumbsup: says it all for me.........

MrSmith
06-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Once a Hibee always a Hibee!

I'm in the same position. I get to maybe a couple of games per season and like you do not buy cup tickets so not to deprive home and away fans of attending.

However, having three boys and bringing them up to be in the 'Hibs way' I still fork out around £120 per year on strips. Not a lot going into the club but it is the best I can do for now.

:notworthy:

hibiedude
06-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Your 100% a fan\supporter of Hibs forget the super fans comments because if you listen to them they'll have you believe that nobody supports the club better than them. :faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Unless you leave 5 minutes from the end, at least 4 times a season,plus once a season, you must approach the turnstyle, get to the front, turn round and leave just before entering, you cant really call yourself a fan.

ArabHibee
06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Your 100% a fan\supporter of Hibs forget the super fans comments because if you listen to them they'll have you believe that nobody supports the club better than them. :faf::faf:

Gonna be leaving early again today? :greengrin

hibiedude
06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Gonna be leaving early again today? :greengrin

Not sure yet i'm looking for a new excuss because I cant keep using the' I'm going out tonight or the trains are running a limited service to Bathgate rubbish I used in the past :greengrin:

Beefster
06-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Some folk treat being a Hibs fan as some sort of competition to see who's the most committed, who can put Hibs above their wife/kids/whatever. Hence the recurring 'why leave early?', 'who goes for a piss mid-game?' and so on and on.

Most don't need to validate their existence by defining themselves against other Hibs supporters though.

If I was the OP, I wouldn't give two hoots about anyone else's opinions on how 'good' a supporter he is.