PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Tickets.....

HH81
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Not been up since it changed to the new system of getting in.........

As Im coming up with the GF thought it would be best to sit in West Upper or some better seats than the east, would it be best to ring and book tickets or would it just be ok to turn up on the day and get them no bother?

Sorry for another ticket post!

:thumbsup:

greenlex
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM

As Im coming up with the GF thought it would be best to sit in West Upper or some better seats than the east, would it be best to ring and book tickets or would it just be ok to turn up on the day and get them no bother?

Midweek John I think you will be ok getting them on the day. Having said that it wouldnt do any harm paying now and collecting on the night.

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Midweek John I think you will be ok getting them on the day. Having said that it wouldnt do any harm paying now and collecting on the night.

But if you buy them now remember the £1.50 per ticket booking fee. :grr:

greenlex
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Good Point. Robbing Barstewards. It depends on how much he likes his good laydee. £1.50 to secure a decent seat might just land him his Nat King later. :greengrin

Removed
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM

Are you being ironic :confused: Just so I know whether to give it :grr: or answer the question :greengrin

HH81
05-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Stick that I will just get them on the night then..... Thought that fee was just if they posted them out!!

:grr:

Removed
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Stick that I will just get them on the night then..... Thought that fee was just if they posted them out!!

:greengrin

You've moved to the right place for that attitude :agree:

HH81
05-02-2010, 09:48 PM
:greengrin

You've moved to the right place for that attitude :agree:

Hope your not saying i'm a tight git :greengrin

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 09:48 PM

John, that booking fee seriously pisses me off and Hibs really want to have a look at it. I completely understand it when they were printing off tickets and sending them out but now that season ticket holders have plastic cards that matches like cup ties can be added to electronically there really is no justification for this charge in my opinion.

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 09:51 PM
As Im coming up with the GF thought it would be best to sit in West Upper or some better seats than the east,

Such a thing doesn't exist I'll have you know.

Removed
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Hope your not saying i'm a tight git :greengrin

:wink:

My wife is from Halifax. My father in law is the tightest person I have ever met. Maybe that means he'll have it all stashed away somwhere :greengrin

Removed
05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
John, that booking fee seriously pisses me off and Hibs really want to have a look at it. I completely understand it when they were printing off tickets and sending them out but now that season ticket holders have plastic cards that matches like cup ties can be added to electronically there really is no justification for this charge in my opinion.

:agree:

I got it added online to my bairns card yesterday (just in case it was a sellout you know) and was hit with £1.50. On an £8 ticket :grr: :grr:

Booking fees should be waived for ST holders imo. Only justification is if it needs a paper ticket to be issued but even that is still a rip off imo

HH81
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
:wink:

My wife is from Halifax. My father in law is the tightest person I have ever met. Maybe that means he'll have it all stashed away somwhere :greengrin

Saving money is a good thing though, we get taught it very well down here

greenlex
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Saving money is a good thing though, we get taught it very well down here
Halifax or BOS? :greengrin

HH81
06-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Halifax or BOS? :greengrin

No comment :greengrin

HH81
07-02-2010, 09:16 PM
If I go down to the ground Tuesday and buy them does this class as booking early and a £1.50 fee attached? or does this only apply to online/telephone sales?

greenlex
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
If I go down to the ground Tuesday and buy them does this class as booking early and a £1.50 fee attached? or does this only apply to online/telephone sales?
No booking fee if you go to the T.O. in person John so yes only internet/phone sales.

seanraff07
07-02-2010, 10:30 PM

I got it added online to my bairns card yesterday (just in case it was a sellout you know) and was hit with £1.50. On an £8 ticket :grr: :grr:

Booking fees should be waived for ST holders imo. Only justification is if it needs a paper ticket to be issued but even that is still a rip off imo
There will only ever be sellouts if it's Hearts or the Old Firm, maybe Aberdeen IMO, so in the future if it isn't any of them i wouldnt bother booking it cause you'll be fine just paying at the gate and it will save you a wee bit of money.

Toaods
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
My wife is from Halifax.

Ask her if she ever saw Kenny Carter at The Shay. :cool2:

Removed
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
There will only ever be sellouts if it's Hearts or the Old Firm, maybe Aberdeen IMO, so in the future if it isn't any of them i wouldnt bother booking it cause you'll be fine just paying at the gate and it will save you a wee bit of money.

You've obviously not noticed any of my posts on previous PATG threads :greengrin

The only reason I bought my laddies ticket online is because of what happened at the meadow game. Didn't expect that to be anywhere near full and as I have a top up for myself but not for my boys I went to the ticket office about 12 on the day of the game to save the £1.50 fee only to be told their seats were already sold. I asked for one close only to be told there werent any nearby. I then asked if I could be moved so we could get 2 seats together and the girl told me the only 2 seats left were low down right behind the goal. I was shocked but glad I'd went to the TO early. Surpise surprise when we got in it was nowhere near full and we could eaily move to better seats. What happened was that all the tickets had been passed to the turnstiles for PATG and removed from the booking system (Thanks Arab :wink:)

I wanted to sit in my own seat for the Montrose game and again could have ran the risk that my other 2 seats hadn't already been sold or wouldn't be on the day but didn't chance it and booked online, much against my own principles.

Removed
08-02-2010, 08:28 AM

I did and she said she never went to the speedway but could hear it from their house.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 09:48 AM

They charge you £1.50 to book a "free" Hibs Kids ticket as well. :bitchy:

Got my old man his book (well a book about him anyway :greengrin) for his Christmas. Started reading it myself before I wrapped it - the folk that didn't like him didn't seem to be holding back.

The Big No.9
08-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Dont agree with the booking fee but can understand why.

Depending on how you pay for it (credit/debit card) Hibs will get charged a percentage by the bank (think it can be up to 4%) and will get charged for sales under £50 that are paid by card also.

If you pay cash there should not be any charge IMO

£1.50 isnt too bad compared to some booking charges you get.