PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Hibs players returning to ER

sunshine1875
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Following on from the McNeill thread, which recent ex-Hibs players still playing football would get a GOOD reception and which a BAD reception.

I always remember the reception we gave Alan Rough when he return to Hibs (playing for Celtic) "There's only one Alan Rough, one Alan Rough". In the next 45 minutes he let in three goals. Thanks, Alan.

Good Reception "There's only one *******"
Murphy
Jones
Sproule
O'Connor

Bit of both
Brown
Whittaker

Bad Reception
Killen
Stewart
Thomson
Brown (goalie)
Zibbi

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Fletcher, Boozy, (GOOD)

Cameron1875
05-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Konte - Good:scarf:

essexhibee
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Bad for Gary Own Goal Caldwell. When the big t***r started giving it to east after his goal in the Hibs 3-2 Boruc game at ER under Collins. Big head fud.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Maybe Johnny Boy can tell us what it was like when St Pat came back in a Celtic top?

O'Rourke3
05-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe Johnny Boy can tell us what it was like when St Pat came back in a Celtic top?

Can't rememebr the game but do remember thinking PS with the League Winners medal - can't be that bad. After one season, Jackie Mac proved we hadn't done so badly out the deal either. No better Hibbie desreved the medal, only pity it needed to be Stein's Celtic that got him there. Jock Stein knew a player when he saw one.....

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Things were different back then - no messageboard lynch mobs for example :wink:

As far as I can recall he was not booed but my only real lasting memory was how sad I felt at seeing my hero playing for an opposing team.

Years later Pat told me that when he arrived at Parkhead the players and staff were all really friendly and that the fans were good to him but, and I quote "It just wisnae right, it wisnae Hibs"

:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Can't rememebr the game but do remember thinking PS with the League Winners medal - can't be that bad. After one season, Jackie Mac proved we hadn't done so badly out the deal either. No better Hibbie desreved the medal, only pity it needed to be Stein's Celtic that got him there. Jock Stein knew a player when he saw one.....

25,000 at ER for his testimonial against them would be a good marker.
Can't think of any reason in the world why Pat Stanton would get anything other than a hero's welcome.

O'Rourke3
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
:agree:
25,000 at ER for his testimonial against them would be a good marker.
Can't think of any reason in the world why Pat Stanton would get anything other than a hero's welcome.

Franck is God
06-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Following on from the McNeill thread, which recent ex-Hibs players still playing football would get a GOOD reception and which a BAD reception.

I always remember the reception we gave Alan Rough when he return to Hibs (playing for Celtic) "There's only one Alan Rough, one Alan Rough". In the next 45 minutes he let in three goals. Thanks, Alan.

Good Reception "There's only one *******"
Murphy
Jones
Sproule
O'Connor

Bit of both
Brown
Whittaker

Bad Reception
Killen
Stewart
Thomson
Brown (goalie)
Zibbi

I personally have never had a problem with players leaving, its annoying when it seems that they have engineered the move through the press but for them its just a job. Even if they are fans of the club they still have to
treat it as a career and do whats best for them.

Interesting looking at your list the only players that expressed a desire to leave are on your good reception list. Jones and Murphy wanted to leave and weren't shy about people knowing it.

Killen, Stewart, Zibi & Brown were released at the end of their contracts and Thomson was sold after hs agent got his best mate Keith Jackson to write some crap about his poor Mum not being able to afford to shop at Waitrose or something....