PDA

View Full Version : Yams Deluded Jambos

glow1875
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
I had to post this...

Work beside a yam , tbh a good lad and an intelligent guy. Anyway the poor sod went all the way through to Fir Park on Tuesday by train for the Semi.

He hated it, he almost left at half time, when they weren't even losing, it was so bad.

I was winding him up about the whole Billy Brown/Gary Locke situation, when he came out with "aye but to be fair, the warm up they did on Tuesday looked good, I was really impressed"

"Sorry", says I, "the warm up?"

"Aye, before the match, they were doing nice drills and passing movements, it was very professional."

"Are you serious? Surely the fact you got outplayed by St Mirren, you're 30 million in debt, you have no strikers, these should be of more concern?"

"Yeah maybe, but it gave me a bit of hope for the future. I think we'll be alright."

Ahem. Straws. Clutching at... :Ummm:

Jim44
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Didn't want to start another Yam thread so thought I'd just add this on here. On a thread asking why "I'd rather be Hearts than Hibs because............" this post stood out above the rest - "to be honest what makes us think we are better than hibs .the last few seasons we have been **** . run by a tosser .the managers are muppets(puppets) .our debt is shocking and mad vlad can **** us right up if he decides to do a runner n sell the land 2 a house builder".
As you might expect the poster was speedily banned. What would they be like in the face of real criticism? :faf:

HibeeMcGinn1
05-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I had to post this...

Work beside a yam , tbh a good lad and an intelligent guy. Anyway the poor sod went all the way through to Fir Park on Tuesday by train for the Semi.

He hated it, he almost left at half time, when they weren't even losing, it was so bad.

I was winding him up about the whole Billy Brown/Gary Locke situation, when he came out with "aye but to be fair, the warm up they did on Tuesday looked good, I was really impressed"

"Aye, before the match, they were doing nice drills and passing movements, it was very professional."

"Are you serious? Surely the fact you got outplayed by St Mirren, you're 30 million in debt, you have no strikers, these should be of more concern?"

"Yeah maybe, but it gave me a bit of hope for the future. I think we'll be alright."

:faf::faf::faf:

on a serious note, it seems to me that they just cant understand how much they are stuggling just now

007 Mickey Weir
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
It is weird. I came into work on Tuesday after they got pumped by St J's. i was expecting the angry look and we are pish. But no. The comment was how good was the game on Sat.............I was speechless! 'You lost' I said. The answer was' Ahh the result didn't matter, JJ and co are back. WE ARE BACK!!!'. It was then ' we will sign Kyle.......we will sign.... blah blah blah........MENTAL!! Still they believe.
This on top of the Smeltic fan also beside me going on and on about how they are now gonna win the league. Keano is the best player ever. I even took a bet that he would score in EVERY game he plays in. Ha ha ha that was a quick fiver for me. Killie 1 v Keano 0........

We really have it good. We need to remember this.

seanraff07
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
It is weird. I came into work on Tuesday after they got pumped by St J's. i was expecting the angry look and we are pish. But no. The comment was how good was the game on Sat.............I was speechless! 'You lost' I said. The answer was' Ahh the result didn't matter, JJ and co are back. WE ARE BACK!!!'. It was then ' we will sign Kyle.......we will sign.... blah blah blah........MENTAL!! Still they believe.
This on top of the Smeltic fan also beside me going on and on about how they are now gonna win the league. Keano is the best player ever. I even took a bet that he would score in EVERY game he plays in. Ha ha ha that was a quick fiver for me. Killie 1 v Keano 0........

We really have it good. We need to remember this.

I can't believe they said how good it was, they had one shot on target against them, and it was a big scrap in the box in the last minute.
That alone should be able to sum up their performance.:agree:

Dibben
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Perhaps Vlad should petition the SFA to finish the game 20 mins before kick off!

Maybe then they'll be European champions!!

:greengrin

BH.

Disc O'Dave
05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Tell you what, maybe we have it all wrong........maybe the 90 minute part is just a side show, it's the warm-ups that really show how good a team is....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172074&highlight=warm+up

The warm-up, the last hope for the happiest clapper in bad times, or the doomest gloomer in good times...

:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
it actually shows how far they have slumped when a home defeat by a poor Aberdeen side, followed by two defeats in a row by St Johnstone and St Mirren are actually being touted as progress in some quarters. I had to pinch myself on Wednesday to check that they had lost.

jgl07
05-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I had to post this...

Funnily enough the pre-match warm up was what impressed me most about Kilmarnock under Jefferies.

You mate could have a point.

But then again......

magpie1892
05-02-2010, 11:47 PM
it actually shows how far they have slumped when a home defeat by a poor Aberdeen side, followed by two defeats in a row by St Johnstone and St Mirren are actually being touted as progress in some quarters. I had to pinch myself on Wednesday to check that they had lost.

I was at the HMFC v. AFC game and, to be fair, the Dandies were hot that night...

Alex Trager
06-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Didn't want to start another Yam thread so thought I'd just add this on here. On a thread asking why "I'd rather be Hearts than Hibs because............" this post stood out above the rest - "to be honest what makes us think we are better than hibs .the last few seasons we have been **** . run by a tosser .the managers are muppets(puppets) .our debt is shocking and mad vlad can **** us right up if he decides to do a runner n sell the land 2 a house builder".
As you might expect the poster was speedily banned. What would they be like in the face of real criticism? :faf:
this was the thread i announced their official bite to the imagine post on thursday night

RickyS
06-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I had to post this...

I reckon there must be a disease these Yams are born with (what could we call it:jamboak:) deluded beyond belief. there are a few intelligent Yams I know but its like flickin a switch as soon as talk of the pink ladies starts.
I was shakin my head the other day, when I reminded a mate of a comment he made when we signed Stokesy. He reckoned neither Stokes, Deek or Nish were good enough for them and he would not take any of them on a free. when asked if he had reviewed his comment, he reckoned as much as they have all scored goals, none were important! Nish was a 1st div player and Deek and Stokes were luxuries.
I said, well we can have luxuries when we have 9 other good players beside them, they couldnae cos they're all pish:greengrin

and the best one (with his best serious face on) he would have no problem if Big Nade signed a new deal..........cos Messiah Jim will get him scorin goals.

I just stopped after that, realising that he, like them all, is past the point of no return

Pedantic_Hibee
06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
When St Johnstone fans on their respective messageboard come out with comments like "Sucks to be a Jambo"......you know that your team are absolutely Rafael Scheidt.

Sergey
06-02-2010, 05:22 PM
When St Johnstone fans on their respective messageboard come out with comments like "Sucks to be a Jambo"......you know that your team are absolutely Rafael Scheidt.

Speaking of messageboards, I notice that our beloved neighbours have had to set up a temporary forum.

What possessed them to change servers on a Saturday afternoon?

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
At least 'Jeff' managed to halt the losing streak this Saturday.

Nailrod
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Speaking of messageboards, I notice that our beloved neighbours have had to set up a temporary forum.

What possessed them to change servers on a Saturday afternoon?
Hmm... :hmmm:

Changing servers on a Scottish Cup Saturday afternoon, with lots of exciting games to follow...

Nope. it's no good. I can't figure it out :dunno:

thebakerboy
06-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Interesting to see on their temporary forum the peek for viewing was at 0306 AM , always thought they were a bunch of Vampires, this explains the colour of their strips:devil::devil:

Sergey
06-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hmm... :hmmm:

Changing servers on a Scottish Cup Saturday afternoon, with lots of exciting games to follow...

Nope. it's no good. I can't figure it out :dunno:

Maybe the supporters forum is linked to Ukio and they've pulled the plug for non-payment?

It's almost the 7th February in the land of the Lith.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
A yam in my football team bet me £10 on Thursday nite that they will finish above us in the league?!?!?! :confused::greengrin HE approached ME and asked ME for the bet!!!!!!!! I genuinly could not believe what I was hearing, nor could any of our teamates! That was one nite after st mirren?!?! I literally will never get an easier tenner. Even if i was to find one lyin on the pavement tonite it would be more effort to bend down and pick it up. Incredible.