PDA

View Full Version : Broonaldo-Sellick skipper

goosano
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Will it maketh the man or is Mowbray just nuts?

Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8500799.stm)

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Is this what they term "jumping the shark?" in the US*?

Seriously twinned with the Robbie Keane "adventure" makes you think - I mean is RK gonna get them the title? And even then he's gone come the summer no?

SB never struck me as captain material. Neither did Katie when at Hibs. The way I saw it, Hibs gave KT the captaincy to keep him at the club and/or get around the wage structure issue. Side benefit is it ups the selling on price. Clubs that do that devalue the captains role IMHO.

* Dramatic action to turn things around. Coined after poor viewing figures for Happy Days! resulted in the writers creating a plot where the Fonz jumps a shark - it failed.

Jim44
05-02-2010, 07:03 PM
there was a good bit in the sun (yes, there was) think it was Tuesday or Wednesday talking about Broon leaving, " wild reports in a failing glasgow newspaper"

The Brown, Mowbray, Jackson carry on seems to have died a death. Has Jackson taken fright at Celtic's threat of legal action or have Celtic just roared for effect and then cowered back into their shell? There's definitely something fishy going on. :I'm waiti

mim
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Imagine making someone who is simply not good enough for Celtic (copyright Jack Reagan) as captain. :wink:

down-the-slope
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Imagine making someone who is simply not good enough for Celtic (copyright Jack Reagan) as captain. :wink:

:tee hee:

Jamesie
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
This is excellent news.

Brown is far from "Celtic minded" and will hardly be the inspirational captain the fans crave.

I really hope the board fully back both Mowbray and Brown though - top marks! :thumbsup:

jacomo
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't think this will be a popular decision with the fans, but with Mowbray having shipped out the old clique, not many candidates left.

A bold move, though.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 10:42 PM

:faf: :top marks

greenlex
05-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Boyhood Rangers fan Celtic Captain. The natives are gonna love that..

essexhibee
05-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Brooowney is a left back these days dont you know! :wink:
Loved the way it ripped the armband off that thug Loovens.