PDA

View Full Version : An evening with Willie Young & Grant Stott (charity auct. 9 April, Woodburn Miners)

david woods
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks to the advice and contacts I got on here, I've now booked Willie Young and Grant Stott for my charity auction at Woodburn Miners on 9th April (Tried for John Rowbotham, Eric Davidson and John Gaghan but all booked out already).

If any of you are interested in coming along, here is the link to the flyer on our website, or send me a pm.

http://www.classroomintheclouds.org/news/?id=46

Cheers to all who posted suggestions :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Possible sticky :dunno:

david woods
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
How do you mean?

Saorsa
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
How do you mean?He means having your thread stuck at the top of the board (where it is now :greengrin ) so it disnae fall off the 1st page :agree:

david woods
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Ah, superb! After all these years of reading I'm still learning new .net speak... :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
If Will Youngs going i think ill go :agree:

Evergreen is one of my favourite songs.

MSK
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
If Will Youngs going i think ill go :agree:

Evergreen is one of my favourite songs.Oo-er missus ...5412

PC Stamp
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
One of the best after dinner speakers I've heard is Willie Young, along with former Man City star and one of the first million pound footballers, Steve Daley!

Hibs90
07-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Personally would avoid the Woodburn area though. :greengrin

david woods
10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks Meeko, top way to help me advertise this event and encourage people to come!

As it happens I've never had any trouble at all at Woodburn club, though I am aware of the area's reputation (I live in Lonahead, and know quite a few people who live there).

Unless you are planning to get pisd up, leave the club then go looking for bother in the surrounding area I'm pretty confident that there wont be any trouble on the night.

Of course no one can guarantee that, but thanks to your post, many people might not bother to take the chance now. Cheers mate, dunno what your agenda is but this is a charity night to raise money and comments like that are really not helpful :grr:

KWJ
10-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Someone find out why Willie Young booked Tony Rougier at the Shyberry Excelsior after giving big Tony the free kick. Was totally stunned.

I'm actually serious!

:greengrin

Hibs90
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks Meeko, top way to help me advertise this event and encourage people to come!

As it happens I've never had any trouble at all at Woodburn club, though I am aware of the area's reputation (I live in Lonahead, and know quite a few people who live there).

Unless you are planning to get pisd up, leave the club then go looking for bother in the surrounding area I'm pretty confident that there wont be any trouble on the night.

Of course no one can guarantee that, but thanks to your post, many people might not bother to take the chance now. Cheers mate, dunno what your agenda is but this is a charity night to raise money and comments like that are really not helpful :grr:

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to put anyone off for your charity event. Was more of a joke.

Disc O'Dave
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Getting slightly back on track....

Willie Young spoke at a Dinner I organised on Friday night...he was fantastic. Without knowing I has a Hibs man, we did get a few mentions. We're not a "sports" audience however, and his routine on all subjects was hilarious, and had the diners in tears of laughter at points.

If you can get along to see Willie for this event, I would urge you to do so, and help a great charity into the bargain.

Dave

Martin
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
One of the best after dinner speakers I've heard is Willie Young, along with former Man City star and one of the first million pound footballers, Steve Daley!

Agreed Cliff - his story of Dick Advocaat on the line is hilarious

Beefster
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM

Despite not being a native, I used to go to Woodburn Miners fairly regularly for nights out, sportsman's breakfasts etc so have left there 'tired and emotional' on more than a few occasions and have never had any bother in Woodburn whatsoever so I can second your experience.

H18sry
15-04-2010, 02:50 PM
How did your event go, how much did you manage to raise? Hope it went well:thumbsup:

HarpyHibby
15-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I was in the small hall next door and I heard only 6 people turned up ?

monktonharp
15-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I actually considered going,but got no corteous reply to a PM,sent to the OP.nuff said.