PDA

View Full Version : NHC John Terry dropped as England captain; replaced by Rio

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Reported on SSN.

John Terry has done nothing wrong. All coaching manuels state that if the full back leaves a hole its the centre backs job to fill it.

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Reported on SSN.

John Terry has done nothing wrong. All coaching manuels state that if the full back leaves a hole its the centre backs job to fill it.

Its just a rumour at the moment its NOT confirmed but looks increasingly likely he HAS been dropped as England captain.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Reported on SSN.

They said THAT on SSN????? Also, which Spanish coach are you quoting exactly? :wink:

Broken Gnome
05-02-2010, 02:43 PM
The English media really do like wringing out every bit of drama possible before a major tournament.

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
They said THAT on SSN????? Also, which Spanish coach are you quoting exactly? :wink:

Should have pointed out the bottom bit wasn't on SSN:faf:

Educate me on the spanish coach.

steakbake
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Stop the world. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Should have pointed out the bottom bit wasn't on SSN:faf:

Educate me on the spanish coach.

You said "Coaching manuels"

Manuel is a Spanish name

Manual is the word you were looking for :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Apparently Terry has lost the captains armband, but Cappello has asked Bridge to have a look under the bed...:duck:

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
You said "Coaching manuels"

Manuel is a Spanish name

Manual is the word you were looking for :greengrin

Your in the wrong job, give up admin and do stand up.:top marks

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Would I get a gig at Ibrox though or do you prefer to stick with that pathetic non-entity Andy Cameron?

PS: I'm not an admin so my resignation would be pointless :greengrin

KerPlunk
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
The English media really do like wringing out every bit of drama possible before a major tournament.

Wait until the Lampard / Ferdinand / Gerrard / bevvy of hookers / barnyard animals / ketamine & alcohol fuelled sex romp in a chalet at Minehead hits the redtops.

P.S. Congrats, Uncle Richey. :cool2:

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Am an Admin and akin boot you clean of this forum if a want :devil:

Hibercelona
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Terry quoted in the mirror:

"I just don't get it. The manager told me to make better use of my tackle and to "get up" more. He also encouraged me to try and score from many different positions. I took all of these things into consideration, gave it a go and now I lose the captaincy".

Mikey
05-02-2010, 03:13 PM

:smokin

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
If true totally deserved.

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Would I get a gig at Ibrox though or do you prefer to stick with that pathetic non-entity Andy Cameron?

PS: I'm not an admin so my resignation would be pointless :greengrin

You got the job:wink:

AC doesn't do it anymore, he was no where to be seen for a while then only last week he was reading out the teams and doing the half time draw, let's hope he was just standing in, you can think yourself lucky you only had to listen to him a couple of times a season I had to listen every other week.

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2010, 03:25 PM
If true totally deserved.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH :devil:

But, please tell us why.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Terry vows to continue giving everything for England.

It's a non story. England should have either left Terry as captain or punted him from the natinal team. He'll still be playing a major role at the world cup and will just get Rio to shout out his orders for him.

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2010, 03:39 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH :devil:

But, please tell us why.

How can you keep a man like that as captain of England? Especially as Bridge is his England teammate, Not setting the best example is he?:bitchy:

Part/Time Supporter
05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
They should make Crouch captain, not much danger of him running off with the other WAGs.

:greengrin

MSK
05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
They should make Crouch captain, not much danger of him running off with the other WAGs.

:greengrinUnless he woo's them with his robotic dancing after he scores ..:greengrin

YouTube - Peter Crouch Robot Dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDXxHU3re1Q)

lapsedhibee
05-02-2010, 03:58 PM
and the paragon of virtue that is Rio Ferdinand appointed in his place. :dizzy:

CB_NO3
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Take it off a sex addict and give it to a drug user lol:wink:

Killiehibbie
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
and the paragon of virtue that is Rio Ferdinand appointed in his place. :dizzy:

What they get up to in their own time should not affect their standing on a football pitch. Terry must be more worthy of the job than Ferdinand but remember they're footballers and as prone to being ***** just as much, if not more, than the next man. Problem is they get paid that much they've lost touch with the real world.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
What they get up to in their own time should not affect their standing on a football pitch. Terry must be more worthy of the job than Ferdinand but remember they're footballers and as prone to being ***** just as much, if not more, than the next man. Problem is they get paid that much they've lost touch with the real world.

Gotta wonder whether Ferdy's alleged habit does stay off the pitch though. He snarls on it in a way reminiscent of Diego "Chemically Enhanced" Maradona at his snarliest.

(Agree, hyperpaid fuds the lot of them.)

erin-go-bragh87
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM

I disagree. To be captain of your club or country you need to have the respect of the players you play with. If the rest of the squad look at him and think he would do it to any one of them and obviously doesn't care about losing their trust.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I disagree. To be captain of your club or country you need to have the respect of the players you play with. If the rest of the squad look at him and think he would do it to any one of them and obviously doesn't care about losing their trust.

:agree: Wonder how many of the WAG's will turn up at the England World Cup celebrations party and if any will be introduced to JT. :devil:

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2010, 05:23 PM
How can you keep a man like that as captain of England? Especially as Bridge is his England teammate, Not setting the best example is he?:bitchy:

To whom?

The public? The public want a winning team, and don't give a monkeys what their football idols do elsewhere. I give you George Best, Ronaldhino, Derek Riordan.

The team? I'll give you whatever odds you want that there are frictions and factions in every team, club and national. It's a part of the job to work with folk you can't stand and don't respect. We all have to do it in our own jobs.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Gerard has been promoted to Vice Captain. :faf:

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Gerard has been promoted to Vice Captain. :faf:

Oh, that will get them the moral high ground. :rolleyes:

Woody1985
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Capello's job is to win the WC. Not set examples.

JT has more temptation and beautiful women around him than most of us will ever know. So what, he pulled his mates ex. If any of my mates exes were that hot I'd be in there. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Capello's job is to win the WC. Not set examples.
JT has more temptation and beautiful women around him than most of us will ever know. So what, he pulled his mates ex. If any of my mates exes were that hot I'd be in there. :greengrin

If the part in bold was correct then I hardly think that Capello would have demoted John Terry. Personally I think he should have either kicked JT out the England team or leave him as captain. All Capello has done is take his armband away but the guy will still play a huge part in England's quest to win the World Cup.

ancient hibee
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Driving a Bentley-having sex with a 17 year old in it-cutting a swathe through the female population of SE England while having the little woman at home-peeing in the pub-earning £180000 plus endorsements a week-I would think the rest of the team think he's the dogs bollocks.

NOLA
05-02-2010, 08:02 PM
should have picked Lampard for the captain.

SloopJB
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Football rumours site obviously carries no weight in terms of factual reporting but people are talking.

I am sending this to the editor of this page. If you chose to publish, please feel free to adjust my post if it is legally 'iffy'..if this isn't true I will never post on here again, I have that much faith in my source.

First things first. The last footballer involved with Bridge's Mrs is Frank Lampard. Now the interesting bit. It seems to everyone at the moment that the whole Terry thing is a bit of a storm in a tea cup. So a footballer ****s another's wife. So what? Happens all the time. The thing is, this is the tip of the iceberg. I have no intention of naming my source, but insiders at Chelsea are preparing for the real scandal. It's not just Bridge's Mrs he's been ****ging, there's an allegation of another girl. Not a woman, a girl. Although she is now over the age of consent, she wasn't when the affair started. Let the fireworks begin..Anon (this time) {editor's note – I have to say this isn't the first time this allegation has been sent in, and also allegations of him betting on matches (involving himself) and other offences. I have to reiterate that these are allegations and that these rumours are not representative of the views of the site itself!}

ArabHibee
05-02-2010, 09:33 PM
To whom?

The public? The public want a winning team, and don't give a monkeys what their football idols do elsewhere. I give you George Best, Ronaldhino, Derek Riordan.

The team? I'll give you whatever odds you want that there are frictions and factions in every team, club and national. It's a part of the job to work with folk you can't stand and don't respect. We all have to do it in our own jobs.

:top marks

Who cares? I don't. All this guff about kids looking up to him as captain of England. What a load of crap.

O'Rourke3
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Another view. Anyone on that much money PER WEEK ought to have a decent haircut. I'm loving the English Press getting into their captain, the more damage to their WC hopes the better. :agree:

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 09:43 PM
This whole sorry story pretty much proves money can't buy you class.

John Terry- 2 first names, pumping his mates ex missus behind his birds back.
John Terrys' Dad- Cocaine dealer(the NOTW alleges)
John Terrys' mum and sister- Shoplifters

If he wasn't a well paid football player then his family would be prime candidates for a slot on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Jim44
05-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Was it not Bridges' ex-girlfriend ? And if so, as an 'ex' it lessens the potential for trouble between the players. Surely the issue is about Terry's cheating on his wife. While far from condoning this, it is a personal issue between him and his missus and I don't think it warrants his removal from the captaincy. I'm sure a sizeable number of his fellow professionals are as guilty as him when it comes to 'playing away from home', if I can use a relevant footballing term.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Was it not Bridges' ex-girlfriend ? And if so, as an 'ex' it lessens the potential for trouble between the players. Surely the issue is about Terry's cheating on his wife. While far from condoning this, it is a personal issue between him and his missus and I don't think it warrants his removal from the captaincy. I'm sure a sizeable number of his fellow professionals are as guilty as him when it comes to 'playing away from home', if I can use a relevant footballing term.

Maybe it's just me but if one of my best mates(and by all accounts Terry and Bridge were) was cheating on his wife with my ex girlfriend i would be far from happy about it.

greenlex
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Maybe it's just me but if one of my best mates(and by all accounts Terry and Bridge were) was cheating on his wife with my ex girlfriend i would be far from happy about it.
Why? She's your ex. Whats it got to do with you?

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Well first of all there are bound to be doubts that it may have been going on while you were together.

Secondly theres a fair chance one of my best mates wife would also be a friend of mine. I don't know about you but if i found out my mate was cheating on his wife i wouldn't be particularly impressed by him.

Jim44
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM

On reflection, you're probably right. I think I'm making too much of the 'ex' factor and the problem being simply between him and his wife.

Removed
05-02-2010, 10:20 PM

My best mate at uni and I had an agreement not to get involved with each others ex's no matter what. Don't really know why but it seemed fairly sensible to both of us, save any aggro and all that.

Well I caught him at it with one of mine so I gave him a kicking. Curtailed his ****ging activity for a few weeks. We didn't talk after that.

John Terry thinks he can just do what he wants imo. He needs a swift kick in the baws as well.

Hibby 2005
05-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I guess you need to choose yer mates better :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
It's not all bad news for Bridge. He's being comforted by Cheryl Cole.

Whey aye man. :cool2:

Removed
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess you need to choose yer mates better :greengrin

:agree:

He is a hun, I should have realised he couldn't be trusted.

Wasn't all bad memories though - he came into the East with me the day Souness made his debut and then got sent off. I did enjoy that - he suffered, maybe even more than that kick in the nads :devil:

GlesgaeHibby
06-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Betfair still taking bets on next England captain! Easy money to be made on Rio surely?

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Well first of all there are bound to be doubts that it may have been going on while you were together.

Secondly theres a fair chance one of my best mates wife would also be a friend of mine. I don't know about you but if i found out my mate was cheating on his wife i wouldn't be particularly impressed by him.

I think you're missing the point. This isn't about mates. It's about WORK. It's about getting a job done.

We all work with folk we dislike, even those we hate. But we have little choice... work with them or beat it.

Killiehibbie
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Betfair still taking bets on next England captain! Easy money to be made on Rio surely?

For almost his entire career Rio has been compared to another West Ham hero and now he has the chance to follow him into immortality by captaining his country to World Cup glory.

What a load of s hite.
How can they compare him to Moore? Not easy money if he fails or forgets to attend another drug test before he pulls the armband on.

Houchy
06-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Saw that aswell... 1.22

I was under the impression that it was all confirmed and thought it was still there in error.:confused:

Killiehibbie
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Saw that aswell... 1.22

I was under the impression that it was all confirmed and thought it was still there in error.:confused:

I think he has to make it onto the pitch and kick off next game as captain.

Woody1985
07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
If the part in bold was correct then I hardly think that Capello would have demoted John Terry. Personally I think he should have either kicked JT out the England team or leave him as captain. All Capello has done is take his armband away but the guy will still play a huge part in England's quest to win the World Cup.

I think there's probably been other factors putting pressure on his, such as FA sponsors etc.

The fact that he's demoted him will become irrelevant IMO. As you point out he will still be a major influence in the team and how they play so it really makes no difference, again IMO.

Woody1985
07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Football rumours site obviously carries no weight in terms of factual reporting but people are talking.

I am sending this to the editor of this page. If you chose to publish, please feel free to adjust my post if it is legally 'iffy'..if this isn't true I will never post on here again, I have that much faith in my source.

First things first. The last footballer involved with Bridge's Mrs is Frank Lampard. Now the interesting bit. It seems to everyone at the moment that the whole Terry thing is a bit of a storm in a tea cup. So a footballer ****s another's wife. So what? Happens all the time. The thing is, this is the tip of the iceberg. I have no intention of naming my source, but insiders at Chelsea are preparing for the real scandal. It's not just Bridge's Mrs he's been ****ging, there's an allegation of another girl. Not a woman, a girl. Although she is now over the age of consent, she wasn't when the affair started. Let the fireworks begin..Anon (this time) {editor's note – I have to say this isn't the first time this allegation has been sent in, and also allegations of him betting on matches (involving himself) and other offences. I have to reiterate that these are allegations and that these rumours are not representative of the views of the site itself!}

Oh no, what a great loss to the 'make up a bull**** 'rumour' and post it here site'.

I wonder why people waste their time on there. Just think up a rumour in your head, saves time scrolling through others whom have taken the time to post up their thoughts. BTW Rooney is about to sign for Hibs.

Killiehibbie
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Saw that aswell... 1.22

220 if you want to back him now. The terms must be next competitive game. £338,000 of £395,000 matched on Ferdinand all the way down to 1.05 no such thing as free money.