PDA

View Full Version : One concern amongst all the good news (Ian Murray contract)

MB62
05-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry for being the one to mention a wee bit of down side stuff but, I believe Ian Murray has still to sign a new deal with us and really was hoping this would be done during the January window.
Does this mean he is still free to sign a pre-contract with another team, or does that also have to be done during the transfer window?

TBH, I am now a bit concerned that this has not be sorted and feel Ian is maybe about to leave us again at the end of the season.

C'Mon Rod, let's get this one sorted out ASAP.

franks
05-02-2010, 02:07 PM
He can sign a pre contract at any time as he has less than 6 months left on his contract.

I am confident he will sign for us if offered a decent contract which his displays deserve.

MB62
05-02-2010, 02:17 PM
He can sign a pre contract at any time as he has less than 6 months left on his contract.

I am confident he will sign for us if offered a decent contract which his displays deserve.

Well his displays certainly merit it, so get it sorted Rod.

GreenCastle
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
If Yogi wants him to stay I am sure he will :agree:

Though if it was announced sooner it would be great :agree:

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Can't see him staying at ER. There are two offers on the table, one from Hearts at £17.6 m, but I've heard the huns will go to £18 m.

The_Sauz
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
They could loan him out to celtc for £100000 per week :wink:

Leithenhibby
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Sorry for being the one to mention a wee bit of down side stuff but, I believe Ian Murray has still to sign a new deal with us and really was hoping this would be done during the January window.
Does this mean he is still free to sign a pre-contract with another team, or does that also have to be done during the transfer window?

TBH, I am now a bit concerned that this has not be sorted and feel Ian is maybe about to leave us again at the end of the season.

C'Mon Rod, let's get this one sorted out ASAP.

This does need to be addressed ASAP, as you say.

IM is a massive part of the balance in our team, would miss his tough Eric Schaedler type crunching tackles....:cool2:

Mon RP, get it sorted.:grr:

Tinyclothes
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Even though I want him to stay, IF he does go then I've got every faith that Yogi will sign someone just as good, if not better.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Keeping Murray is a must for us and is arguably more important than any of the new signings that Hughes has made so far.

:pray:

Oscar T Grouch
05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Can someone clarify something for me please? Everyone seem to want Rod to get stuff sorted still. I thought Scott Lindsay was our new CE, is he no, in which case should it no be him sorting these sort of things? Just curious likes:wink:

Golden Bear
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep.

Mr Hibs must stay.

Leithenhibby
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Even though I want him to stay, IF he does go then I've got every faith that Yogi will sign someone just as good, if not better.

I agree. BUT the window has now closed.

I do appreciate that some players will be available but I would stick with the :devil: I know..:wink:

MB62
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Can't see him staying at ER. There are two offers on the table, one from Hearts at £17.6 m, but I've heard the huns will go to £18 m.

Well there's absolutely no way we can match these offers, unless of course we loan ourselves £20m.

Ach that's me just being daft, nobody can do that.

Oh, wait a minute.....

Vini1875
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I wondered about this too and would guess that Hibs might be in a dilema as far as his fitness/health is concerned. It may be that Hibs are offering one year while IM is looking for 2 or 3 years. The doctors at Hibs will also have some say as to the length of the contract. At Murray's age 29 in March, he'll be looking for at least one more decent pay day and hoping to be playing for another 5 or 6 years.

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Can someone clarify something for me please? Everyone seem to want Rod to get stuff sorted still. I thought Scott Lindsay was our new CE, is he no, in which case should it no be him sorting these sort of things? Just curious likes:wink:

this may be the case but the tash is a much better target

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM

RP does the deals - and last I heard both sides were NOT talking :boo hoo:

RoslinInstHibby
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM

heard different mate......

MountcastleHibs
05-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I was thinking about this earlier funnily enough... Starting to get really worried Ian will be leaving us at the end of the season.

I hope not, but there doesn't seem to be too much being said about the current situation. I understand this is the Hibs way, never to comment on anything until it is official and papers are signed, but you'd like to think we'd be hearing rumblings of a deal if it was close or not...

MB62
05-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Aye, but given your recent exclusives, that was probably about 6 years ago.

URGENT, IAN MURRAY IN NEW CONTRACT TALKS :greengrin

Bob1875
05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Why would Hibs leave it till when he can talk to other clubs? I dont think he'll sign a contract. I hope we dont sing "Murray sign the deal" because clearly that doesnt work. He's still human and will want as much dosh as he can get.

Golden Bear
05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Why would Hibs leave it till when he can talk to other clubs? I dont think he'll sign a contract. I hope we dont sing "Murray sign the deal" because clearly that doesnt work. He's still human and will want as much dosh as he can get.

It's only natural that he wants as much dosh as he possibly can - but at the same time he's already stated that he wants to stay with Hibs.

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Cant see IM leaving hibs TBH, Infact if he does ill bring my old gimp mask out from the cellar and wear my rubber jumpsuit and sit in a bath full of beans outside ER telling all and sundry im a poofter with a sick sense of humour.

MB62
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Cant see IM leaving hibs TBH, Infact if he does ill bring my old gimp mask out from the cellar and wear my rubber jumpsuit and sit in a bath full of beans outside ER telling all and sundry im a poofter with a sick sense of humour.

EXCLUSIVE: Ian Murray has just signed a pre-contract deal with Hearts.

Cannae wait for this one Andy, when you doing it? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Aye - ma info is week+ auld .. I havenae sought an update. Sincerely hope you're right - MADNESS to let him go!

Aye, but given your recent exclusives, that was probably about 6 years ago.

URGENT, IAN MURRAY IN NEW CONTRACT TALKS :greengrin

You're getting on ma thrup'nies! :wink: :greengrin

hfc rd
05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Really need to sign him up on a new deal. The guy is simply a legend!

Hibs On Tour
05-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Oh dear... Carlsberg don't do impetuous postings but...

If there was ever a posting begging to be dredged up again sometime down the road to much hilarity...

Hope not too - only now its not only because IM would be such a loss to our team... That image is just so wrong on so many levels!

:greengrin

BSEJVT
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I think Murray does a fantastic job for Hibs and I would be delighted if he signed a new contract with us.

I dont think though that he will unless he has no offers from elsewhere.

Of all of our top players IMO Murray's is the position we have most cover for.

Its far easier to buy a competent left back, not that we would need to, with little impact on the team than it would be to replace Stokes or Deek.

I would guess Yogi has a player budget, not a budget per player.

It says a lot to me that he has signed 3 goalies and another forward rather than meet IM's requirements.

If I were IM I would want to be on par with our top earners.

If I were RP / Yogi I would think that type of money may be spent strengtheing elsewhere where we have far less cover.

Shame, Murray is everything a supporter wants at his club.

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Ian Murray has just signed a pre-contract deal with Hearts.

Cannae wait for this one Andy, when you doing it? :greengrin

:worried::worried::worried:

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM

I am keeping this noted :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I am keeping this noted :greengrin

:grr::grr:

:hilarious

:notworthy:

IWasThere2016
05-02-2010, 04:06 PM
:grr::grr:

:hilarious

:notworthy:

See ma new sig :devil:

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
See ma new sig :devil:

:faf::faf::faf:

Yer a bad man G :boo hoo::boo hoo:

RoslinInstHibby
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Aye - ma info is week+ auld .. I havenae sought an update. Sincerely hope you're right - MADNESS to let him go!

i dunno how well it is or isn't going, but talks are still happening

borstalboy
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
IMO Murray should be signed on a good contract and be made Club Captain!

He epitomises everything we wont at our club!

:jamboak:

EskbankHibby
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Cant help thinking Hibs are doing all this wrongly.

When arguably your player of the season enters the last 6 months of his contract surely the only sensible thing to do is to banish him to the stands as he is clearly killing the club.:dunno:

Playing a model professional whilst negotiating with him in an adult manner is classic wee team behaviour imo.

Ray_
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM

I believe it was Rod who was at the training ground until late deadline day to finalise any action!

Rory89
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Give him a wage to match the top earners at the club and the captaincy from Hogg and he'll stay.

mjhibby
05-02-2010, 05:03 PM

He will be wary of leaving after his career suffered before.Im sure he is trying to get as good a deal as possible and not force yogis hand too much.Depends if murrays agent is out for a wedge of course.Hope he stays but leave yogi to do the right thing for the club.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2010, 01:13 AM

Hope Rodders does the right thing and lets Ian Murray leave. :wink:

Now where did I leave my video recorder. :cool2:

:faf: Andy I hope you keep your promise - your dad would be proud of you. :dizzy:

silverhibee
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM

Will Aldi beans do.:devil::wink::thumbsup:

MontrealHibs
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Keeping Murray is a must for us and is arguably more important than any of the new signings that Hughes has made so far.

:pray:

Yes because we would be sitting challenging for a CL spot without Anthony Stokes goals...

hibsbollah
06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Yep.

Mr Hibs must stay.

I think thats pushing it a bit:greengrin 'Ihun' ring any bells?

Www1875hfc
06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Heard hibs and Ian are miles apart in agreeing new terms.
Dundee and a cypriot side are believed to be vying for murrays signature.

iwasthere1972
06-02-2010, 10:40 AM

:thumbsup: Looks like the beans, bath and gimp mask could still be on.

Franck is God
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Ian Murray is a good player and I'd rather that he was part of our squad than not but if he refuses a decent contract offer and leaves then so be it.

As for making him captain to get him to stay, he was captain when he allowed his contract to run down last time.

There are a number of players in our first team that are harder to replace that Ian Murray.

keep the faith
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
What worries me is that the least time he was out of contract we heard that talks had broken down, then silence, then it turned out at the end of the season he had signed a pre contract with der hun.

Like an earlier poster said, I would rather give Murray a new deal than sign that third keeper.

Come on Ian - You know the grass is not greener!!!

Andy74
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Ian Murray is a good player and I'd rather that he was part of our squad than not but if he refuses a decent contract offer and leaves then so be it.

As for making him captain to get him to stay, he was captain when he allowed his contract to run down last time.

There are a number of players in our first team that are harder to replace that Ian Murray.

Aye I'm wit that. Good player but if he wants to walk again then fair enough. Our wage is good enough for the likes of miller and stokes.

TRC
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
As much as I like Murray in the side, I think we could replace him with a player of equal or better ability, however could we replace his passion for the Hibees and the fact he wajnts to f*** the Yams at every opportunity I think this would be a difficult task:thumbsup::jamboak:

hfc rd
06-02-2010, 12:58 PM

I also heard Dundee are monitoring Murray's situation and are ready to pounce for him, along with Micheal Stewart, Charlie Mulgrew and Kevin Kyle.

Andy74
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I also heard Dundee are monitoring Murray's situation and are ready to pounce for him, along with Micheal Stewart, Charlie Mulgrew and Kevin Kyle.

If he wants to go to Dundee and they want to pay him more money then more fool both of them!

Diclonius
06-02-2010, 01:07 PM
If Dun-****ing-dee are willing to pay more money for him than us I will be raging.

It's a matter of principle that we should offer higher wages than clubs like that. So embarassing if he were to move there.

truehibernian
06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Not heard about the Dundee interest however I know that Cardiff are the front runners if IM decides to leave.

Andy74
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
If Dun-****ing-dee are willing to pay more money for him than us I will be raging.

It's a matter of principle that we should offer higher wages than clubs like that. So embarassing if he were to move there.

Rubbish. Pay what people are worth. If others pay more that's up to them. Dundee will end in tears yet again.

Golden Bear
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
From today's Daily Express:-

One man Hughes is desperate not to lose is defensive Stalwart Ian Murray, who is close to agreeing a new contract with his current deal set to expire in the summer.

"I'd like to think in the next week or so that'll be tied up" said Hughes. Fingers crossed, Ian Murray will be with us for the next few years"

That's a bit more encouraging but there's obviously still work to be done.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM
From today's Daily Express:-

One man Hughes is desperate not to lose is defensive Stalwart Ian Murray, who is close to agreeing a new contract with his current deal set to expire in the summer.

"I'd like to think in the next week or so that'll be tied up" said Hughes. Fingers crossed, Ian Murray will be with us for the next few years"

That's a bit more encouraging but there's obviously still work to be done.

Get the east stand announced on Thursday after beating Aberdeen, then Murrays new contract announced on Monday after beating rangers!!! :thumbsup:

jacomo
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Aye I'm wit that. Good player but if he wants to walk again then fair enough. Our wage is good enough for the likes of miller and stokes.

That assumes that Murray has been offered parity with Miller and Stokes.

scoopyboy
09-02-2010, 10:15 AM

IMO he won't be offered what Miller and Stokes get.

Rodders probably sees a sell on value in those two that Ian Murray doesn't have.

Peevemor
09-02-2010, 10:16 AM

Well I hope they don't all eat and drink too much. :greengrin

Dibben
09-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Just read about this just now. Fingers crossed it all happens! Could be a week of big announcements!
:-)

BH.

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TQM= Thought you said Rod and IM were miles apart?:greengrin:devil:

Might not need to dust down my gimp mask afterall.:cool2:

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM

:grr: Botox. What am I going to tell all those people who bought tickets for the main event? They're no getting their money back so think again. I've even splashed out on "Andy masks". :greengrin

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 07:15 PM
:grr: Botox. What am I going to tell all those people who bought tickets for the main event? They're no getting their money back so think again. I've even splashed out on "Andy masks". :greengrin

Andy masks..:hilarious

Mon Ian son. sign the deal :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-02-2010, 07:49 PM

As I said they were last I'd heard which was a wee while ago, A

Silver Fox
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I think Ian deserves a new, better contract, he has proved himself when there were doubts about his fitness, he's been Mr Consistent, imho. :agree:

RoslinInstHibby
15-02-2010, 04:04 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin