PDA

View Full Version : how many more clubs will cheer us on to 2nd

d campbelton
05-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Been on the a Aberdeen forum just to see what they were saying about us getting gow and how given every opportunity Magoo always but always climbs up Celtics arse praising them instead of looking after his own club runnings.Anyway it was interesting to read more than a few are wanting us to finish 2nd or even 1st which i think is quite good of them,even if there is not much love between us and there supporters.My question is how many more clubs do you think feel this way out of interest

KerPlunk
05-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Excellent first post. :bye:

Keith_M
05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I can only say that I'd feel happy if another scottish club, outside of Hearts, were to beat the OF to 1st or 2nd place.

Well, maybe not this season as I'd be gutted it wasn't Hibs, but normally that would be the case.

davemcbain
05-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Even on kickback there are numerous coded references to how they want us to win the league. For instance the term Hobo is defined below:

H.o.b.o. Hopefully Oldfirm Beaten Off

I'm sure there are many others if we look closely enough

joe breezy
05-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I can only say that I'd feel happy if another scottish club, outside of Hearts, were to beat the OF to 1st or 2nd place.

Well, maybe not this season as I'd be gutted it wasn't Hibs, but normally that would be the case.

I'd love to see Aberdeen win the league over Rangers, Celtic or Hearts so I understand their feelings. Same goes for Dundee United.

Woody1985
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd like to see a team break the old firm dominance but if someone else won the league it would probably help them get a stranglehold on at least 3rd place each season. I think it would have big implications if both of the OF didn't make European groups stages and bring them down a few pegs.

It would have been interesting to see the impact on Scottish football, rivalry aside, had those ***** across the road managed it that season.

tony higgins
05-02-2010, 11:46 AM
My memory of the great Aberdeen side of the 80s was that the Dons fans became very arrogant with their success.
And that threw up the casuals.

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 11:48 AM
My memory of the great Aberdeen side of the 80s was that the Dons fans became very arrogant with their success.

Which is of course understandable why you dont like them-if that's what your saying- but who wouldn't be like that

Sudds_1
05-02-2010, 11:49 AM
If we finish 2nd (or god forbid 1st) does that mean we not only get CL entry but also shoot straight into the EPL with whatever other half of the uglies remains?

.I mean the top 2 teams in the SPL have outgrown the rest and are light years ahead..........so we're told :devil:

Greenway
05-02-2010, 11:51 AM

Absolutely, anything to stick it to those OF fans who think that they win everything just because they've a divine right to. It's never anything to do with having much bigger squads who are getting paid 5 times more than everyone else. It's simply that everyone else isn't trying hard enough to match them.

What's great about things now is that they can't even afford our players anymore. So whilst we might still lose some, it's to the Championship or EPL. No more unsettling players and nicking them for peanuts. Now every SPL team can takes points off them, which is good for the Scottish game.

As an aside, just how great was it to see the great Robbie Keane hardly get a touch the other night. Perhaps he just isn't good enough for a tough league like the SPL. :greengrin

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd like to see a team break the old firm dominance but if someone else won the league it would probably help them get a stranglehold on at least 3rd place each season. I think it would have big implications if both of the OF didn't make European groups stages and bring them down a few pegs.

It would have been interesting to see the impact on Scottish football, rivalry aside, had those ***** across the road managed it that season.

I dont think it would have mattered too much as the money situations weren't so harsh and the television deals were pretty poor in comparison to today. But the implications the season when hearts came second i'd imagine have really hurt the huns due to the money being split so unevenly

tony higgins
05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Which is of course understanable why you dont like them-if that's what your saying- but who wouldn't be like that

Just giving my honest account of what i remember at the time.

Dr Jimmy
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
:fishin:
Been on the a Aberdeen forum just to see what they were saying about us getting gow and how given every opportunity Magoo always but always climbs up Celtics arse praising them instead of looking after his own club runnings.Anyway it was interesting to read more than a few are wanting us to finish 2nd or even 1st which i think is quite good of them,even if there is not much love between us and there supporters.My question is how many more clubs do you think feel this way out of interest

:fishin:..............:bye:

Sudds_1
05-02-2010, 11:58 AM
To be honest, I don't give a rats erkie what other clubs think. Hibs don't need their approval.......nor do we need their fanbase support/patronage/good wishes or whatever you're suggesting.

If we finish second (or first) we'll have done it because we're good enough........and that will be a matter for the Hibs family to celebrate.....

.........the rest can do as they please.... :agree::greengrin

tony higgins
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
To be honest, I don't give a rats erkie what other clubs think. Hibs don't need their approval.......nor do we need their fanbase support/patronage/good wishes or whatever you're suggesting.

If we finish second (or first) we'll have done it because we're good enough........and that will be a matter for the Hibs family to celebrate.....

:top marks

Bob1875
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I work with a jambos who would be happy for us to top the OF due to their hatred for them.

tony higgins
05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I work with a jambos who would be happy for us to top the OF due to their hatred for them.

What do they really say when your not there.

Franck is God
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Until the Romanov arrived I was generally happy for them to beat either of the Old Firm, even when they won the cup in 98 I was happy for my Jambo mates, I wasn't going to help them celebrate but i know how I would have felt had it been us.

Then when Romanov took over that level of arogance from the Jambo's that I had almost forgotten about from 85-86 suddenly came back and so did my dislike for them.

Now I just hope for injuries (not career threatening as that's not nice) and suspensions from any of their games.

d campbelton
05-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Was not suggesting anything mate,was only asking a question

Green_one
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Many would welcome the splitting of the OF though not neccesarilly supporting the Hibs - just anyone

I do not really care - we stand alone:flag:

Really funny as it kills the EPL arguement (Celtic would be holding US back) and would probably kill Rangers financially if we knocked them off a CL position.

Aaahh if only

Phil D. Rolls
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM

Welcome aboard mate.

Personally, I don't think other clubs give a toss about how we do. It's only the Yams who are totally caught up in an illusion of being special. Mind you, they are - as in "special needs" and "special Olympics".

They were arrogant. What was our excuse?

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I want Hibs or Dundee utd to finish 2nd, not fussed which team tbh, any team to finish above celtic does me.

lEXO
05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
They were arrogant, but their casuals came out of the fact that they were getting set about at a lot of away games in glasgow etc.Much the same as how ours came about.

Rory89
05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
You would assume that apart from Hearts and Rantic, everyone else would like us to change things a bit, but it isn't always the case it seems. If you look on sites like pieandbovril.com which is for supporters of all Scottish teams, Hibs are getting a fair amount of stick, and they get crucified every time we slip up (Falkirk fans being by far the worse). Even when we win it's "hardly the world beating performance we've been made to believe they're capable of, believe me they'll crash and burn soon and finish miles behind the old firm".

I don't understand the mentality of Scottish football fans, we moan all day about the old firm and their dominance and their disgusting fans, then when someone else threatens to challenge them that team get treated with similiar contempt.

If all the other Scottish clubs but "the big 2" are "diddies", then really unless the team challenging is a rival, the only thing stopping you getting behind your fellow diddies is jealousy. Scottish people don't like others "getting above their station", hence why whenever someone we've built up becomes too famous, we suddenly all hate them.

Killiehibbie
05-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Any reasonable person will be willing Hibs and Dundee Utd to keep winning games, except against their team, if it means the weegies don't fill the top 2 places.

hfc rd
05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Quite a couple want us to finish 2nd. A few Dundee United supporters have said that they wouldn't mind being able to see hibs split the OF. The only team I know that don't want to see us split the OF are the yams. Just a bunch of jealous b*******.

monktonharp
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Quite a couple want us to finish 2nd. A few Dundee United supporters have said that they wouldn't mind being able to see hibs split the OF. The only team I know that don't want to see us split the OF are the yams. Just a bunch of jealous b*******.there seems to be a little more than jealousy. from experiences,and IMHO there is an underlying hatred of all things Hibs these days from that Gorgie mob,and it's rubbing off on me:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
there seems to be a little more than jealousy. from experiences,and IMHO there is an underlying hatred of all things Hibs these days from that Gorgie mob,and it's rubbing off on me:wink:

They were told they were in a different league from us, and now that they realise what that means they are feeling a bit foolish. Not the smartest buttons on the jacket.

HibeeDaz6270
05-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I want Hibs or Dundee utd to finish 2nd, not fussed which team tbh, any team to finish above celtic does me.

How about

1. Celtic
2. Hibs
3. Rangers

Unlikely yes, but the league is not over yet.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
How about

1. Celtic
2. Hibs
3. Rangers

Unlikely yes, but the league is not over yet.

Even I can't see Celtic or Hibs clawing that 10/12 point Rangers advantage back unless...... :idea: ....the huns go into administration and get the usual 10 point deduction.

HibeeDaz6270
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Even I can't see Celtic or Hibs clawing that 10/12 point Rangers advantage back unless...... :idea: ....the huns go into administration and get the usual 10 point deduction.

A wee win for us at ibrox on the 14th. And celtic win the 2 remaining old firms!..it will obviously take celtic to hit form, but i think theres a long way to go. I think come the end of the season, if rangers win the league it will be only by 3-4points at most. Just my opinion though, i could be well off!

Franck Stanton
05-02-2010, 06:46 PM
A wee win for us at ibrox on the 14th. And celtic win the 2 remaining old firms!..it will obviously take celtic to hit form, but i think theres a long way to go. I think come the end of the season, if rangers win the league it will be only by 3-4points at most. Just my opinion though, i could be well off!
An awful lot of "if's" there mate, lets keep it real, in my opinion we will be doing really well to finish 3rd as D'Unt are breathing down our knecks still. Dont get me wrong, would love to see us split them but, sorry, just cannae see it this year.

MGmick
05-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Perhaps but it won't be from us.

joe breezy
05-02-2010, 06:55 PM

If we win our game in hand and beat them at Ibrox we will be 6 points behind them

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I doubt anybody is actively "cheering us on" to anything. They'll be too busy supporting their own teams, and rightly so.

chrisski33
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM

hear hear!