http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8499638.stm

Really good interview with Hughes :agree:

jae
05-02-2010, 03:29 AM
"Billy's ma pal. Who said the gaffer is" :faf::faf:

Quality from Yogi :greengrin

Calvin
05-02-2010, 05:19 AM
I think he likes taking people's scalps!

Good interview though, Gow in the team on Saturday :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2010, 07:03 AM
yet another fantastic, motivational interview with the boss. :thumbsup:

KerPlunk
05-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Given that Onkel Wattie is all doom & gloom re. the Huns financial "woes" and Mowbray is like a deer in the headlights at the moment, Yogi is fast becoming a bit of a meeja darling. :wink:

That was a great interview though - when was the last time a Hibs manager got 12 minutes positive face time from BBC Glasgow ?

cockneymike
05-02-2010, 10:48 AM
That was a great interview though - when was the last time a Hibs manager got 12 minutes positive face time from BBC Glasgow ?

The last time Yogi's interview was on the web? :wink:

I totally agree though, come's across as a good guy, fair minded, intelligent, funny, but serious about our chances and not getting carried away.

I can't believe i ever doubted his appointment - Yogi yer a legened!

:notworthy:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Lots of good stuff and spoken from the heart. One little gem I picked up was his view on John Rankin and the contribution Ranks makes to the midfield. Clearly that view is at odds with a fair few Hibbies but at the end of the day the player must be doing what's asked of him or he wouldn't be in the team.

My own view is that McBride's return has released Miller to do what he does so well and it's accommodated Rankin's fondness for running about all over the place :greengrin

McHibby
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I really liked this sentence when he was talking about signing Gow on loan:

"I'm delighted to bring him to my club."

Judas Iscariot
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Could listen to Yogi ALL day :top marks

col02
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
If Yogi is happy with Rankin then that is good enough for me. Could be that his movement off the ball creates time and space for the likes of Miller and McBride to retain possession in tight areas and then set up attacks. Never understand the criticism the likes of Rankin, Nish and Hogg take. World beaters they may not be but they are solid and reliable players.

HibeeDaz6270
05-02-2010, 06:00 PM
If Yogi is happy with Rankin then that is good enough for me. Could be that his movement off the ball creates time and space for the likes of Miller and McBride to retain possession in tight areas and then set up attacks. Never understand the criticism the likes of Rankin, Nish and Hogg take. World beaters they may not be but they are solid and reliable players.

I am not a rankin fan at all, as i like to see players with good football ability, good touch etc. Although as Yogi said, its all about having the right balance, and Rankin brings something different to the team, which is mainly 100% hard work, week in week out. He is frustrating to watch, however he does add to the balance of the team.

WeAreHibs
05-02-2010, 06:14 PM
With interviews like that, Jonathan Ross will be wanting him on soon.

Top man!

Gaffer1875
05-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Great interview, really enjoy listening to them prior to games :thumbsup:

7Hero
05-02-2010, 06:58 PM
yogi is brilliant ...

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2010, 07:06 PM
To me seems like the perfect antedote for all the kack we've had to endure media-wise since I can remember - starting with Miller. I even remember AM being so dour after away victory in Europe! I defy anyone to make the phrase "we showed we're winners tonight" sound more dull.

IMO the amazing thing is its as if you imagined as a fan how your ideal manager would behave on screen he's pretty much got it all. I think we gotta acknowledge and appreciate it whilst its there - nout as constant as change.

Aubenas
05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Every time I listen to Yogi, I'm more and more impressed. He talks the talk and has the team walking the walk. And I love the way he says definItely, instead of definAtely - cos definAtely drives me mad!!!!
GGTTH :thumbsup:

NOLA
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Once again Yogi telling it like it is, so refreshing:thumbsup:

sunshine1875
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
"you still have to put the ball in the net and we done it twice"

Gow for Saturday, definately.

Hughes:not worth:not worth:not worth

Compare him to Jumbo Jim - there is no comparison.

down-the-slope
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Cuts out the guff and keeps it real...likes the way he was honest about Hibs and SC

HFC07
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Fantastic interview, Speaks a good game :thumbsup:

essexhibee
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I can't believe i ever doubted his appointment - Yogi yer a legened!

:notworthy:
I have to say i myself was one of the doubters, and dare i say it a real doubter of Kevin McBride aswell, :devil: i thought OH no when Yogi started bringing in falkirk players. Im really glad that i have been proven wrong, the board trust Yogi, i trust his signings (No more Keenans et al) and although we not be the finished article we are on the right path. He doesnt get carried away and is realistic, a great manager.

The one signing for me that has to opitimize Yogi was gaining the signature of the King of Hibs this season - Liam Miller. Getting this guy was a fantastic move, he is sheer class, a midfield mystro. Yogi has the eye, thats why i am preety sure that Alan Gow will be a good player for us. I think we should get a flag like the one often seen at the Emirates Stadium! Not Arsene but In Yogi we Trust!

bornahibby
05-02-2010, 10:16 PM
The only thing I was worried about with Hughes whenever he was linked with the job in the past and when he first got the job was how he came across in interviews. I always thought was he was saying was intelligent, but the way he said it sounded, well, thick.

However, since he has come here I could not be more proud of him and the club when interviewed. He IS Hibs.

Aubenas
05-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Gow for Saturday, definately.

Grrrrrr!:grr:

BT58
06-02-2010, 09:41 AM
liked the comment to cheek young,,,,,,,were playing your second team st midden on saturday,,,cheek nearly choked his self :faf::faf::faf:
hb

Broken Gnome
06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Remember all the 'no ex-players' comments when Mixu left? Granted if that's paired with actually being a good manager then it helps, but the fact Hughes knows the club and knows where Hibs' ambitions should lie is a major factor in this turnaround.