PDA

View Full Version : Yams Submariner ploughs a fortune into the Hearts Youth System

C I Hibee
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I was talking to my brother in law on the phone this evening( Yes I did marry into a family who love a twirly) and he came out with this line, 'because Hearts have ploughed a fortune into their Youth system they just need to steady the ship and hold on for a couple of years and it will all come good'
My question is have they? :cool2:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I've heard they've got an excellent under-fives set up.

These promising youngsters will all be about ten, when Hearts go belly up............

Mikey
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
The yams have convinced themselves that they have the best kids in the land. This league table suggests otherwise...........

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s41

The batch that they've been blowing off about for the last couple of years have pretty much all left the club now. That's how good they were :wink:

McD
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I was talking to my brother in law on the phone this evening( Yes I did marry into a family who love a twirly) and he came out with this line, 'because Hearts have ploughed a fortune into their Youth system they just need to steady the ship and hold on for a couple of years and it will all come good'
My question is have they? :cool2:

They can't have much of a youth setup, since they can only get onto their training pitches in the mornings of a weekday, when all the schools are still in, so no laddies can train for them.

matty_f
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
The yams have convinced themselves that they have the best kids in the land. This league table suggests otherwise...........

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s41

The batch that they've been blowing off about for the last couple of years have pretty much all left the club now. That's how good they were :wink:

Even last year, when we won three trophies at 19s, the Yams were claiming they were better. :crazy:

Kevvy1875
04-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Most of their youth players probably became fed up when they realised they couldn't work with the 1st team coach because he wasn't legaly entitled to(Rix).

So while Rix was down the polis station signing the 'register' the Jambo's young uns would have been like 'f this' lets find a decent club. Been all downhill since then:agree: