PDA

View Full Version : What is "the cause"? (Celtc content)

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Stumbled onto Kerrydale street:jamboak: and saw the heading with a picture of Tommy Burns and the statement,

"Played for a people and a cause"

What is the "cause" Celtic fans talk about?:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Irish politics and all that schtick.

Celtc being your poor oppressed huddled masses, etc, even though most people nowadays would consider them to be every bit as much (if not more so) the establishment club as the Huns.

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
We'll never understand. We're not "celtic minded"

The Baldmans Comb
04-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Stumbled onto Kerrydale street:jamboak: and saw the heading with a picture of Tommy Burns and the statement,

'The Establishment' and British Unionism I'd guess given the clubs long standing links with the Labour Party through countless West of Scotland's Toon Cooncillors, MP'S and MSP's culminating in the daddy himself: Chairman: Mr John Reid to say nothing of thousands and thousands of supporters.

Thrown in Billy McNeil and Bobby Lennox and their unionist agenda at the last Scottish election and I'd thought 'The Cause' is pretty clear.

Down with the Rebels (Boo Hiss) and Up with the Establishment (Hurrah Hurrah).:wink:

hibsbollah
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Jack Regan's yer man for this:agree:

I've often wondered the same thing myself, it seemed like an inflammatory thing for Burns to say if he meant the Irish republican cause...

jacomo
04-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Is it something about rescuing poor Irish labourers who are struggling to find work in North London, and giving them a home in Glasgow?

Worth absolutely every penny - make sure you spend generously on the merchandise, Sellick fans. Without your support, this sort of thing simply wouldn't be possible.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 09:24 PM
The 'cause' is about marketing a plastic, comfortable version of 'rebellion' and 'resistance' to the Irish diaspora, and cleaning them out in the process.

It's basically the Glass model, and it's contingent on a bigoted, supremacist, pro-establishment 'anti-matter' organisation playing their role and rallying another section of the white working-class against the supposedly 'excluded'. Enter Rangers. Step forward the Old Firm.

The biggest scam ever perpetuated on simpletons in these islands.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Jack Regan's yer man for this:agree:

I've often wondered the same thing myself, it seemed like an inflammatory thing for Burns to say if he meant the Irish republican cause...

Tommy Burns has morphed into some sort of god since his death. When i reality he was a manager that tapped up players from non old firm clubs, to get them to sign for celtic. He even came out when working for Scotland, telling anyone who'd listen, that players who played for hibs and teams like that didn't have the experience that old firm players had, and old firm players would be probably be picked before them. He might be dead, but he was still an old firm apologist.

Woody1985
04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I was reading on the BBC earlier re Smith's comments on Rangers, I laughed when a Rangers fan called a Celtic fan a polythene leprechaun. :faf:

monktonharp
04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I was reading on the BBC earlier re Smith's comments on Rangers, I laughed when a Rangers fan called a Celtic fan a polythene leprechaun. :faf:so,what did the Celtic fan call the hun?:yawn:

EuanH78
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
The 'cause' is about marketing a plastic, comfortable version of 'rebellion' and 'resistance' to the Irish diaspora, and cleaning them out in the process.

It's basically the Glass model, and it's contingent on a bigoted, supremacist, pro-establishment 'anti-matter' organisation playing their role and rallying another section of the white working-class against the supposedly 'excluded'. Enter Rangers. Step forward the Old Firm.

The biggest scam ever perpetuated on simpletons in these islands.

Nicely put, couldn't agree more. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
04-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Tommy Burns was like Princess Di....

Except he wasn't the PEOPLE's prince

lapsedhibee
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Tommy Burns has morphed into some sort of god since his death. When i reality he was a manager that tapped up players from non old firm clubs, to get them to sign for celtic. He even came out when working for Scotland, telling anyone who'd listen, that players who played for hibs and teams like that didn't have the experience that old firm players had, and old firm players would be probably be picked before them. He might be dead, but he was still an old firm apologist.
He definitely is. It was in The Daily Record. Pages 1-28463846834.

marleyhib
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
who gives a flying

NOLA
05-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Down with the Engilsh Imperialist landlords! that's the Cause!

Bristolhibby
05-02-2010, 07:05 AM
so,what did the Celtic fan call the hun?:yawn:

A c word

Siralbertkidd
05-02-2010, 07:12 AM

Cause Its A Grand Old Team To Play For? :dunno::dunno:

Or in Robbies case cause its a seventy grand team to play for.

tony higgins
05-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Thought the new buzz phrase was "Celtic Minded"