PDA

View Full Version : Huns moaning about finances again; protest at Hibs game (merged)

Captain Trips
04-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Old Walter has hinted that Rangers off field problems will get worse.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g2eWrLIa4W72taz7nUuaL-40DZ6g

Fingers crossed they do:agree:

seanraff07
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Old Walter has hinted that Rangers off field problems will get worse.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g2eWrLIa4W72taz7nUuaL-40DZ6g (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g2eWrLIa4W72taz7nUuaL-40DZ6g)

Fingers crossed they do:agree:

I heard their going to be really bad by about the end of this season.:agree:

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Was disheartened that the predicted jumble sale never happened this January but if the Huns problems have merely been postponed rather than cancelled then that'll do.

One or both infirm in disarray? Lovely stuff, serves you right for buying domestic dominance and get it wrapped right roond ye!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2010, 06:04 PM
'Spose there are a few different ways to take those comments. When you see the amount of their debt, no wonder they were whoring the club to the EPL and trying out the cross border switch as a sh*t or bust strategy. One thing is for sure though, and that is that Wattie is very much the public face of Rangers just now. Not Murray, or that fud Bain. And Wattie doesn't give a tuppeny toss if he telling the fans a different story from we were hearing earlier. Not exactly selling the club!!!

ScottB
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
They made a lot of noise about not selling Boyd, but I'm guessing he hasn't signed a new contract?

They'll lose several of their key players in the summer, presumably Boyd and Bougherra at least. Other than some Bosmans I'd think they go after lower end SPL players as replacements.

In short, if we keep our squad together and add a few more of quality then they will be there for the taking next year.

Spike Mandela
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Had the misfortune tonight to listen to an hour long Rangers special on Radio Scotland tonight with Chick Young and that repulsive David Edgar of the Rangers Trust!

Apparently the hard done to Rangers fans can't take the situation at Ibrox any more! Never mind winning titles and favourites for the treble this year the poor wee souls have to put up with another window with no signings and the nasty nasty man from the bank is wanting some of his money back. Outrageous!

Now they are planning a protest before the Hibs game. Can anyone muster any sympathy at all for this shower of bigoted, glory hunting fuds:grr:

7Hero
04-02-2010, 07:35 PM
i n reply to your question,

no !

Hibs Class
Had the misfortune tonight to listen to an hour long Rangers special on Radio Scotland tonight with Chick Young and that repulsive David Edgar of the Rangers Trust!

Apparently the hard done to Rangers fans can't take the situation at Ibrox any more! Never mind winning titles and favourites for the treble this year the poor wee souls have to put up with another window with no signings and the nasty nasty man from the bank is wanting some of his money back. Outrageous!

Now they are planning a protest before the Hibs game. Can anyone muster any sympathy at all for this shower of bigoted, glory hunting fuds:grr:

I can. I hope they heckle their team from the first minute to the last, with the exception of the hordes streaming hopelessly to the exits ten minutes from time on the back of a convincing beating.

Baldy Foghorn

nope.............:greengrin

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 07:36 PM

:boo hoo:

Their plight makes me want to cry, we should do a Live Aid style event to raise money for the poor wee lambs.

As an aside it's the perfect time and place for re-hashed Vlad Notes! (Murray Money?)

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-02-2010, 07:36 PM

I think we should buy their players and stick them in the reserves

Killiehibbie
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I hope there is mass protests after the game with hundreds of arrests when they get ****ed 6-2.

lapsedhibee
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM

I always wondered why they call themselves the "Wee Arrow People". Is it because they all have very sharply pointed heads? :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Some songs to goad them......

Money's too tight to mention.....
Money,Money Money......
Dirty Cash......
3 coins in a fountain.....

Anything by Johnny Cash............

hey big spender's.......

your'e gonna spend f*** all....

Hakim Sar
04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
it was all very well when the bank was giving them the money - but they feel that they are above having to pay it back

the protests include asking all rangers supporters to close their bank accounts

its a guerrilla tactic - if the man on the street has to pay his loans on time so must the huns. There is no 2 ways about it

rather than blame the bank blame david murray!!!!!!! who's businesses have collapsed btw

eejits

Spike Mandela
04-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Money,Money Money......
Dirty Cash......

hey big spender's.......

YouTube - Johnny Cash Hurt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go)

:devil:

Hibercelona
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I always wondered why they call themselves the "Wee Arrow People". Is it because they all have very sharply pointed heads? :dunno:

Sharply pointed white hoods more like.

I hope they do complain and kick up a fuss. Would be great to see them selling off Boyd, Miller and Davis in desperation, only to replace them by pish.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
:boo hoo:Buh-ly, can you spare a dime? :greengrin

They're already ethically and morally bankrupt, so why not go the full nine yards?

Baldy Foghorn
With cap in hand, my begging bowl,
Our money is no more.....

All together now...............:singing:

The cry was no defenders

KB1
What I really love about them is how they can come with statements like this "Lloyds should accept the £18,000,000 that is offered and be grateful for it or they will get nowt"......eh no....how about they say you owe us £31,000,000 either give it to us or we will start to sell your assets and get our money that way!!! You borrow it, you pay it back......deluded peasants

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Money,Money Money......
Dirty Cash......

hey big spender's.......

I'll get that started on the 14th :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll get that started on the 14th :greengrin

I will join in, will be lovely to see the currant buns in a wee paddy.....

Ritchie
04-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Money,Money Money......
Dirty Cash......

hey big spender's.......

that would be class... the whole hibs support....

"the minute you walked in the joint DUH DUH"

hahahaaaaa

weonlywon6-2
04-02-2010, 08:14 PM
They made a lot of noise about not selling Boyd, but I'm guessing he hasn't signed a new contract?

They'll lose several of their key players in the summer, presumably Boyd and Bougherra at least. Other than some Bosmans I'd think they go after lower end SPL players as replacements.

In short, if we keep our squad together and add a few more of quality then they will be there for the taking next year.

it was all doom and gloom from walter and he was effectively warning people that its not looking good.

will be curious if they start to stumble and the fans will start to drop away as well,as has happened with celtic,19,000 down against us,their nearest challengers.

dont get this though,rangers,huge in comparison to hearts ,30 million in the red and blatantly toiling,hearts nearer 40 million,fraction of the size and "alls well" !!

dinnae get it???

jacomo
04-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Bad news and misery emanating from both sides of the Old Firm and Hearts too.

God must be a Hibby. :thumbsup:

Houchy
04-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Is it just a coincidence that the advert at the bottom of the article is for debt management and IVA's:greengrin

Gatecrasher
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I heard the end, a text message was read out asking for the help of the fans and clubs from around the SPL, aye right

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
:boo hoo:

Their plight makes me want to cry, we should do a Live Aid style event to raise money for the poor wee lambs.

Any excuse to sing a bit of "feed the weegies"

Sir David Gray
04-02-2010, 08:36 PM
There just HAS to be some sort of reaction to this by the Hibs supporters who are there that day.

They're practically begging us to take the mickey. :greengrin

ginger_rice
04-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Just confirms what I've always suspected.

The Huns are revolting :greengrin

Woody1985
04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I heard the end, a text message was read out asking for the help of the fans and clubs from around the SPL, aye right

:faf: SERIOUSLY?! Are they ****ed in the heid?

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
:faf: SERIOUSLY?! Are they ****ed in the heid?

Didn't you realise? The rest of the SPL need Rantic to dominate. It's for our own good. :rolleyes:

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
There just HAS to be some sort of reaction to this by the Hibs supporters who are there that day.

They're practically begging us to take the mickey. :greengrin
How about chucking coins at the Rangers fans if they're that skint?

Woops, maybe no eh :devil:

Biggie
04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
It's an absolute farce...jeez they've overspent for the last 20 odd years and now the chickens come home to roost...maybe now they will have to live within their means...****ing diddums.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
it was all doom and gloom from walter and he was effectively warning people that its not looking good.

will be curious if they start to stumble and the fans will start to drop away as well,as has happened with celtic,19,000 down against us,their nearest challengers.

dont get this though,rangers,huge in comparison to hearts ,30 million in the red and blatantly toiling,hearts nearer 40 million,fraction of the size and "alls well" !!

dinnae get it???

Let me try and explain it to you then.

First of all, the debt levels at The Big Team have been greatly exaggerated by a hobo conspiracy within the entire Scottish media, who will try anything to paint Hearts in a bad light.

The debt that they DO have, they owe it completely to themselves because Vlad owns Ukio Bankas.

Finally, fans of a wee team like Hibs couldn't possibly even begin to understand the complex nature of finances at gigantic organisations such as Heart of Midlothian FC.

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion that you may previously have had.

:wink:

CraigHibee
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
the protests include asking all rangers supporters to close their bank accounts

eh?? i never realised huns had bank accounts! i always thought they kept their money in a giant buckie bottle! :greengrin

Green_one
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Whatever happened to - 'No-one likes us , we dont care'?

You said its yourselves - NO-ONE LIKES YOU!!!

Maybe the mini huns will give support :greengrin

Spoilt ugly children

Actually , they could have a joint protest with their chums - Celtic

Biggie
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I think I'll actually OPEN a f'ing Lloyds bank acct if they do this...I reckon that's got more chance of other teams fans support than they welts

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm with Lloyds bank :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Can we not get some notes made up similar to the Vlad notes we used for the Jambos?

Iain G
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM

It's an ironic name, given that most rangers fans you meet always seem to miss the point... :rolleyes::confused:

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Not a lot they can do about it. They borrowed lots of money, the bank have said 'no more' and 'it's time to start paying it back'. So, 'you can't have any more of our money to buy new players and pay them big salaries and you have to sell some the players you already have.'

Is there something about this that's so hard to understand? Even ******ed Huns should be able to grasp that. What do they expect a bank to do? Say 'it's okay, go on spending our money. We don't mind.'

Must be about the most pathetic 'protest' ever.

EuanH78
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Bad news and misery emanating from both sides of the Old Firm and Hearts too.

God must be a Hibby. :thumbsup:

Dunno about that, He hasn't always been so kind to us. Maybe the big fella has seen the light though :wink:

Iain G
04-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Not a lot they can do about it. They borrowed lots of money, the bank have said 'no more' and 'it's time to start paying it back'. So, 'you can't have any more of our money to buy new players and pay them big salaries and you have to sell some the players you already have.'

Is there something about this that's so hard to understand? Even ******ed Huns should be able to grasp that. What do they expect a bank to do? Say 'it's okay, go on spending our money. We don't mind.'

Must be about the most pathetic 'protest' ever.

Not at all Bob, the most pathetic protest ever involved one or two of these choice items of headgear... http://www.randlltd.com/images/black_hat2b.jpg :wink:

joe breezy
04-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Where's your money gone
(Where's yer money gone?)

far far away....etc etc

Ed De Gramo
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
'Rangers won't go into Administration but they'll have to adopt a Leeds policy of buying in bosman signings and play the youth players' says Rangers Supporters gadgie David Edgar....he also took a veiled dig at Hibs in his interview on the fitba phone in...:grr:

PaulSmith
04-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Lloyds Lloyds super Lloyds, super Lloyds bankers...to the tune of Joe, Joe super Joe!

Sir David Gray
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
'Rangers won't go into Administration but they'll have to adopt a Leeds policy of buying in bosman signings and play the youth players' says Rangers Supporters gadgie David Edgar....he also took a veiled dig at Hibs in his interview on the fitba phone in...:grr:

The guy is an absolute tube.

What did he say about Hibs, out of interest?

Ed De Gramo
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
The guy is an absolute tube.

What did he say about Hibs, out of interest?

Rangers will go from being a big team down to the level where Hibs are....

sadtom
04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
maybe we could display a "you deserve BATTERED" OR "you deserve a slap" banner?

HibeeMcGinn1
04-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Where's your money gone
(Where's yer money gone?)

far far away....etc etc

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lloyds Lloyds super Lloyds, super Lloyds bankers...to the tune of Joe, Joe super Joe!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Getting tickets on sat for this game and cannot wait

hfc rd
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I hope they do. Those huns deserve it.

HibeeMcGinn1
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
£12mil for Tore Andre Flo surely didnt help :faf: :faf: :faf:

Hibby70
04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
"donald muir, youre a banker, youre a banker"

Sylar
04-02-2010, 09:55 PM
"Glasgow Rangers have no cash, ohoh-oh-oh-oh-oooh,
Glasgow Rangers have no cash, ohoh-oh-oh-oh-oooh,"

To the tune of "Glasgow Rangers Champions".

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Not at all Bob, the most pathetic protest ever involved one or two of these choice items of headgear... http://www.randlltd.com/images/black_hat2b.jpg :wink:

Happy to stand corrected there, Iain. NZ still treating you well, I trust?

Kevvy1875
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Is it just a coincidence that the advert at the bottom of the article is for debt management and IVA's:greengrin

I thinks these forum providers have software that pick up on key words that are typed and they automaticaly put up a relevant advert....seen it before with forums. Clever stuff.

Either that or I win a prize for having the most vivid imagination on .Net:agree:

IndieHibby
04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Rangers will go from being a big team down to the level where Hibs are....

Bollocks. They'd love to be in our position. Twat.

GGTTH

Ed De Gramo
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Bollocks. They'd love to be in our position. Twat.

GGTTH

Indeed, when he said that...I switched the radio off...the guys a grade one pranny!

O'Rourke3
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
We're simply depressed :dunno:

Gerard
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
How the mighty have falllen!
Are there any players that might be good enough to play for Hibs??????????
G

iwasthere1972
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM

I can only muster :faf: and :faf: and :faf: and :faf:

Rangers F.C. :bye:

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 07:09 AM
GIRFUY David Edgar. Your entire club stinks, from the way you bought success right to the way you club quietly but successfuly endorses the fans general Hunnery.

Oh dear, the big bad bank wants the millions we borrowed back, how dare they? It's a disgrace! Maybe I should do that with my bank loan, see if it works.

You see, Mr Edgar, your club got itself into debt in order to buy dominance. Minty Moonbeams is all grown up, he's a businessman. He knew what he was doing when he took the loans out, so don't take it out on the banks. Besides, you still have a lot going for you. This may offend some here, but you have the best stadium in the country, you might even win the treble this season (of course we'll be doing all we can to prevent at least two of those trophies) and you've had a level of domestic dominance unparalleled in world football. Why be so sour about it?

So maybe that firm grip you have on the domestic scene now looks likely to falter because the chickens are home to roost? So what? I thought it was more competition from the Diddy Teams you so desired? "We welcome the chase"? - bunkum! You fear the chase!

If you're very lucky you might end up like Hibs, low debt, modern stadium, right end of the SPL. If not you may end up more like Leeds or Livi - think about that next time you have a dig at Hibs.

PS: I've visited the RST website. What's one of the images used along the top of the page? about 6 or 7 Red Hand of Ulster flags. Tells me all I need to know about the odious institutions which are RFC and the RST.

Stonewall
05-02-2010, 08:08 AM

dinnae get it???

I think the point is that taken on its own Rangers debt is perfectly manageable.

Rangers, however is a subsidiary of of Murray International whose overall debt is eyewateringly large and the bank is wanting it reduced. Hence the need to cut back and ultimately sell off Rangers.

Isn't it great to hear uncle Wattie complaining that he hasn't got tens of millions of someone elses money to spend and why isn't anyone in the press picking him up on it?

cwilliamson85
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
What if Rangers do the treble? where will all that money go!?!

:confused:

PaulSmith
05-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Donald Muir, bank, bank, bank...Doanld Muir, bank, bank, bank

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I will join in, will be lovely to see the currant buns in a wee paddy.....
too right, i love getting into them

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 09:01 AM
btw why any johnny cash song?

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 09:07 AM
What I really love about them is how they can come with statements like this "Lloyds should accept the £18,000,000 that is offered and be grateful for it or they will get nowt"......eh no....how about they say you owe us £31,000,000 either give it to us or we will start to sell your assets and get our money that way!!! You borrow it, you pay it back......deluded peasants
:top marks
i know, i might go to the bank and say i'm only paying £50,00 for £100,000 mortgage and you ARE GOING TO BE GRATEFUL WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, chances. We should get ER ticket office to say na were only charging a tenner for adults and a fiver for children for your tickets, and whatever we make you'll get, now like it or lump it. We should also only pay half price for their food i.e. a pie is 1.80-or whatever price it is- say na mate 90 p and you should be grateful. I really hate them soo much

Keith_M
05-02-2010, 09:39 AM
btw why any johnny cash song?

:hmmm:

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 09:45 AM
As I said in another thread:

GIRFUY David Edgar. Your entire club stinks, from the way you bought success right to the way you club quietly but successfuly endorses the fans general Hunnery.

Oh dear, the big bad bank wants the millions we borrowed back, how dare they? It's a disgrace! Maybe I should do that with my bank loan, see if it works.

You see, Mr Edgar, your club got itself into debt in order to buy dominance. Minty Moonbeams is all grown up, he's a businessman. He knew what he was doing when he took the loans out, so don't take it out on the banks. Besides, you still have a lot going for you. This may offend some here, but you have the best stadium in the country, you might even win the treble this season (of course we'll be doing all we can to prevent at least two of those trophies) and you've had a level of domestic dominance unparalleled in world football. Why be so sour about it?

So maybe that firm grip you have on the domestic scene now looks likely to falter because the chickens are home to roost? So what? I thought it was more competition from the Diddy Teams you so desired? "We welcome the chase"? - bunkum! You fear the chase!

If you're very lucky you might end up like Hibs, low debt, modern stadium, right end of the SPL. If not you may end up more like Leeds or Livi - think about that next time you have a dig at Hibs.

PS: I've visited the RST website. What's one of the images used along the top of the page? about 6 or 7 Red Hand of Ulster flags. Tells me all I need to know about the odious institutions which are RFC and the RST

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 09:51 AM
As I said in another thread:

PS: I've visited the RST website. What's one of the images used along the top of the page? about 6 or 7 Red Hand of Ulster flags. Tells me all I need to know about the odious institutions which are RFC and the RST
Someone also shares my pure hatred toward the twat of a man

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 10:20 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Whambulance.jpg

Keith_M
05-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm really confused about the recent bid for Rangers by the South african based consortium. It was reported that they bid £18M for Rangers and this was turned down as not enough. Their fans have since stated that Lloyds should accept the £18M instead of holding out for the £30M they're owed.

Now, I'm no real financial whizzkid, but that doesn't make sense. The £18M was a bid for the club, which would go to the current owner, David Murray. Once the consortium had paid him for the club, the club would still have a £30M debt to Lloyds, surely? Or am I just being a bit simple?

marinello59
05-02-2010, 10:29 AM
They really are like petulant children stamping their feet because the grown ups have told them play time is over. I love that they target the bank whilst Murray hides himself away. Why are the press and the Rangers fans giving him such an easy time over this? He was quick enough to grab the headlines when times were good.

ancient hibee
05-02-2010, 11:34 AM
No you're not because you are quite correct.Most of the Rangers shares are owned by Murray's companies so that is who gets the money if the club is sold.The complication is that with the large debt due by the Murray empire Lloyds may have taken the Rangers shares for security against some of the borrowing so they might have a say in the price.Take Celtic out of the equation and Rangers income this season will probably still be more than the other SPL clubs put together.

Iain G
05-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Happy to stand corrected there, Iain. NZ still treating you well, I trust?

Yes, lovely sunny day, been at the Rugby 7's (corporate hospitality), Scotland were rubbish but plenty of fine ladies wearing not a lot, so can't complain :) All good with your good self I hope :wink:

Bad Martini
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
...can anyone muster any sympathy at all for this shower of bigoted, glory hunting fuds:grr:

I think I'd rather cut off a number of my own body parts, remove my internal organs, eat my own *****, drink my own urine and smack myself in the jaw 6207 times declaring an unashamed love of all things hun than feel a modicum of remote sorrow for them, their current plight, their financial woes, their constantly being victimised by everyone, their ugliness, their stupidity, their vulgarity, their lack of employment, their general being and everything else that goes with the over indulged, sectarian bloated baggage that is glasgow rangers fc.

In fact, I'd go further to suggest I'd love nothing more than to see them in the **** forever more. I'd love nothing better than to see them endure and long, slow and painful footballing demise and indeed, I'd love good old uncle watty to be there to see it all, the traiterous glory hunting ******* he is.

That said, I'm a little biased as I rather don't like the odious, disgusting, vile, minging, horrible, biggoted, stinking, rancid, putrid, stupid, moronic shower of ********s that is the collective aka as the current buns, huns and general follow followers of rangers.

ENDOF

Saorsa
05-02-2010, 11:46 AM

Now they are planning a protest before the Hibs game. Can anyone muster any sympathy at all for this shower of bigoted, glory hunting fuds:grr::hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
05-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I wonder how long it is till the Huns ask us to bail them out, because it will be for the good of Scottish football.

Dr Jimmy
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
The RST are an absolute laughing stock, their argument that Lloyds should accept £18M instead of the £31M due because if they don't the fans will withdraw their accounts from the bank is ridiculous.

There is no way Lloyds could justify a £13M write off to their shareholders without exploring every avenue, selling assets being the obvious one followed by administration, I would also imagine Lloyds would be at the very top of the list of creditors that would get paid if the club did eventually go into administration (albeit at a reduced rate).

Even if they did accept this stupid offer, what bank would touch Rangers going forward and how much would any bank charge for an overdraft facility?

The other point that the RST seem to forget is David Murray still holds tens of millions of pounds worth of shares, if by some unbelievable reasson they solve the debt problem by Lloyds accepting the £18M, how are they going to get Murray to part with his shares for nothing or are they expecting him to continue owning the club?

Every club in Scotland could rack up mammoth debts in the pursuit of glory and many have, but the huns should take a reality pill and realise they have got themselves into this mess and they have to pay to get out.

Part/Time Supporter
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
What if Rangers do the treble? where will all that money go!?!

Rangers lost > £12M last season (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/12/rangers-losses-debt-accounts), when they won the double and reached the CIS final (ie they couldn't possibly have generated any more money from domestic football), but they got papped out of Europe in the first round. With lower costs this year (punting most of the fringe players last summer) and some CL money they should just about break even. Any profit => the bank.

JimBHibees
05-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Personally think Smith should zip it. So what they might have to sell a few players so does any team that has overspent. Chick Young is such a lame mouthpiece that anything Walter says is accepted and no further questions asked. A bit like Pravda. Rangers have and will continue to have a very strong squad so Smith's bleatings are pathetic.

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Yes, lovely sunny day, been at the Rugby 7's (corporate hospitality), Scotland were rubbish but plenty of fine ladies wearing not a lot, so can't complain :) All good with your good self I hope :wink:

Very nice, settled back into Edinburgh to the extent it's like I've never been away, though I miss the sailing in Mayo. But there are loads of Jambo's to torment, which is always good sport.

The ladies are wearing considerably more than where you are, but given Merchiston's proximity to Gorgie, that's perhaps not entirely a bad thing.

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
The RST are an absolute laughing stock, their argument that Lloyds should accept £18M instead of the £31M due because if they don't the fans will withdraw their accounts from the bank is ridiculous.

There is no way Lloyds could justify a £13M write off to their shareholders without exploring every avenue, selling assets being the obvious one followed by administration, I would also imagine Lloyds would be at the very top of the list of creditors that would get paid if the club did eventually go into administration (albeit at a reduced rate).

Even if they did accept this stupid offer, what bank would touch Rangers going forward and how much would any bank charge for an overdraft facility?

The other point that the RST seem to forget is David Murray still holds tens of millions of pounds worth of shares, if by some unbelievable reasson they solve the debt problem by Lloyds accepting the £18M, how are they going to get Murray to part with his shares for nothing or are they expecting him to continue owning the club?

Every club in Scotland could rack up mammoth debts in the pursuit of glory and many have, but the huns should take a reality pill and realise they have got themselves into this mess and they have to pay to get out.

Agree totally. They are Yam-deluded if they think that fanpower is going to make a difference to a bank, and that Lloyds will be blackmailed in this way. When it comes to Lloyds v Rangers FC and/or MIM, there's only going to be one winner, and they won't be wearing red, white and blue.

Lofarl
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Repossessed
Skinter than all the rest
Skinter than anyone
Anyone I've ever met

Call of the loan sharks
We'll pay you next Wednesday.

Alan62
05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
The Rangers Supporters' Trust is a ridiculous organisation and that David Edgar strikes me as being a complete fool. I heard him one night on the Real Radio phone in (where they seem to think he's some kind of visionary leader) calling for the boycott of Lloyds.

Frankly, Edgar's sums left a lot to be desired. He had some notion that even 1000 'average-earning' (around £20,000 per annum) Rangers' fans pulling their accounts from Lloyds would somehow inflict a £20 million loss on Lloyds. What the plonker clearly failed to understand is that the margin on current accounts is pretty thin so Lloyds won't be bothering too much about that threat.

There is no way that Lloyds (whose major shareholder is the UK Government) can go writing off such a high-profile debt and it is highly unlikely that David Murray will be too keen to give away his shares for nothing - especially considering the huge losses that his business empire has sustained through its support for Rangers over the years.

So Rangers are stuffed financially unless they can tempt another Sugar Daddy to bail them out. That particular scenario appear increasingly unlikely.

The bitter pill that the Rangers' fans must now swallow is that their club must do all the things that our beloved leader did to our club some time ago - reduce debt to manageable levels, reduce the club's cost base (largely player salaries) and work within an annual budget that is a sustainable percentage of annual turnover. In order to achieve that, Rangers would have to sell assets and would have to replace their current high earners with players who command far lower salaries. And that means a horrendous period of transition and, long-term, a reduction in the overall quality of their playing staff making them less likely to win all the time.

Walter Smith talks about the dark days ahead but for those of us who support a club that is built on a solid (and sustainable) financial foundation, it could be the beginning of a golden era.

Antifa Hibs
05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Lifted from another forum, quote from followfollow...

PROTEST AGAINST LLOYDS BANK - SUNDAY 14th FEBRUARY v HIBS VIDEO - http://tinyurl.com/ykarjxs (http://tinyurl.com/ykarjxs) Let your voice be heard. On Sunday the 14th of February we play Hibs at home with a 1.30pm kick off. We shall be handing out leaflets and posters before the game. We will also be holding a protest inside the ground to show our disgust at the way the bank is trying to hold the club and the fans to ransom. The protest will come in the tried, tested and successful shape of banners inside the ground aimed at those who are currently dragging us through the mire. A protest inside the ground shall have the biggest and best visual impact with regards to getting the message across and with the Sky TV cameras being there, we shall gain even more coverage. We need volunteers to distribute the flyers. We need volunteers to help us into the ground with the banners. We need each and everyone of you to get this message across. We need you to donate any sum you can towards the making of the banners (we have a Bluenose in the trade who can print these in plenty of time for the 14th of February) Donations shall be received through PayPal and a link shall follow. Any surplus will go to a good cause. http://tinyurl.com/LloydsProtestBanner (http://tinyurl.com/LloydsProtestBanner) Let's make it clear and concise. WORDS OF WISDOM FROM WALTER "I think you need to be blind to think we don't have a problem that for a team of our standing we should not have and my concern is that that will continue. "We are only left to do what we have to do on the pitch and try as hard as we can and we are doing that. "For whatever faults we all have, from myself all the way down through the players, they don't lack a desire to try as hard as they can to win the game and they are managing to do that. "We are delighted to be in the final, but anybody who thinks it is going to get better in the summer is deluding themselves." - Walter Smith Let's make it happen. BEARSPROTEST@YMAIL.COM Support the Facebook Anti-Lloyds page - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=photos...id=257485890255 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=photos&ref=nf&gid=257485890255#!/group.php?gid=257485890255) --You are receiving this message because you are a member of the forum located at: http://followfollow.proboards.com/index.cgi (http://followfollow.proboards.com/index.cgi)

Perfect oppurtinity to get torn into these c***s. Mind the vlad bank notes, any chance of hun variation? maybe a cheeky wee banner perhaps? Any suggestions?

Mikey
05-02-2010, 08:07 PM
"You're only here for the protest..........."

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM

You have GOT to be KIDDING !!!.

Is that for real, is there a link somewhere that I can go into to see for myself.

Though having said that, perhaps we should help them I shall consult my list of causes who may want my support and see if I can find them.

The new Hearts stand fund
Ku Kux Klan
The fund for skint bankers
The regenerate Gorgie fund
The Japanese Whale hunters rest home
The National Front
Kombat 18
The Countryside Alliance
The N.R.A. ( USA )

That is not an exhaustive list, but I just dont seem to be able to find them.

Not surprising really though. Who would want a repulsive entity like that on a list of organisations looking for support.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2010, 08:17 PM
You're skint and you know you are. :greengrin

sunshine1875
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Banner - "For every £1 you spend, we will spend £5"

seanraff07
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Banner - "For every £1 you spend, we will spend £5"

I'm hoping you mean Rangers spend a £1, Hibs spend £5, and... every £5 us Hibs fans spend, they trampy Rangers fans spend £1.:agree:

Cool_Hand_Luke
05-02-2010, 08:26 PM
:singing:One Donald Muir....there's only one Donald Muir :singing:

silverhibee
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Lifted from another forum, quote from followfollow...

Perfect oppurtinity to get torn into these c***s. Mind the vlad bank notes, any chance of hun variation? maybe a cheeky wee banner perhaps? Any suggestions?

Hun bank notes, thousands of them, and as the teams come on to the park, release them in to the huns end, wee need to do something to noise up the unwashed, lets spoil there mickey mouse protest big time.:hnet:

Monts
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
:singing:
We are Lloyds TSB
We hate the huns and we want money
If you dont pay, trouble there will be
Your more screwed than John Terry

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
At the Manchester UEFA cup final they had a banner stating 'The bears are back'.

I think one of our own with 'The bears are broke' would be a start.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2010, 08:32 PM
To the tune of "Oh the bluebells are blue". Hopefully they'll play this song before the match or at half time;

Oh the Rangers are skint
Oh the Rangers are skint
Oh the Rangers are skint
Oh the Rangers are skint

Monts
05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
To the 'Wheres your mama gone' Tune

Wheres your money gone, wheres your money gone :greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Or what about this to the tune of "Play up Pompey";

"Pay up Rangers
Rangers pay up"

sunshine1875
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping you mean Rangers spend a £1, Hibs spend £5, and... every £5 us Hibs fans spend, they trampy Rangers fans spend £1.:agree:

Yes - the point here if you are not aware is that Murray stated a few years ago that "For every £1 Celtic spend, Rangers will spend £5". Now, I think Hibs are spending more money on transfers (not wages).

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Already sent an E Mail of ..... erm .... support.

:devil:

sadtom
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
An old school 'argentina' style tickertape display with monopoly money during their half time protest.

Hainan Hibs
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Have "Money's too tight to mention" BLASTING out in the South Stand. Full volume the *****:agree:

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Have "Money's too tight to mention" BLASTING out in the South Stand. Full volume the *****:agree:

:top marks I think not:wink:

Hainan Hibs
05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
:top marks I think not:wink:

Got carried away there and thought it was at ER:greengrin

Someone infiltrate Ibrox:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
The cry was " We're not spenders?"

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
The cry was " We're not spenders?"

I think that might clash with the chant for Allan McGregor:

'The cry was sex offender.'

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
We're up to our knees in.......debt.:agree:

blueisthecolour
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
We're up to our knees in.......debt.:agree:

Change knees to neck and you might be closer to the truth.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
:top marks
Change knees to neck and you might be closer to the truth.
:faf::faf:

WarringtonHibee
05-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Haha, the Huns are royally screwed.

Typical Weegies, they're just completely ******ed. Wanting the bank to write off a £30m debt? If that's the case they can write off my overdraft whilst they're at it. :wink:

Monts
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Go pay off your loans
Go pay off your loans
The spending is over
Go pay off your loans

WarringtonHibee
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Get your notes out
Get your notes out
Get your notes out for the Huns
Get your notes out for the Huns

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Go pay off your loans
Go pay off your loans
The spending is over
Go pay off your loans

:top marks:faf:

Rule the banker, the banker rules the huns

greenlex
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Go pay off your loans
Go pay off your loans
The spending is over
Go pay off your loans
This is a must :thumbsup:

An Leargaidh
05-02-2010, 10:01 PM

As they say in Limerick, "I wouldn't give them the steam off me piss!" :greengrin
I hope they go bust, and Castle Greyskull gets demolished and the space is used as an overflow car park for Braehead shopping centre :faf:

I'd give a lot of money (if I had it) to watch Greyskull tumble as the bulldozers waded in. :take that

An Leargaidh
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM

That is superb! :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Cammy :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Rangers never, never, never will pay loans....... :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Rangers never, never, never will pay loans....... :greengrin

(c) Rev Ian Paisley.

Green'nWhite
05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
It's an absolute farce...jeez they've overspent for the last 20 odd years and now the chickens come home to roost...maybe now they will have to live within their means...****ing diddums.

That will be incapacity benifit and sellin dodgy gear down the boozer then. Is Boyd not already on the sick!!

Criswell
06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
You have GOT to be KIDDING !!!.

Is that for real, is there a link somewhere that I can go into to see for myself.

Though having said that, perhaps we should help them I shall consult my list of causes who may want my support and see if I can find them.

The new Hearts stand fund
Ku Kux Klan
The fund for skint bankers
The regenerate Gorgie fund
The Japanese Whale hunters rest home
The National Front
Kombat 18
The Countryside Alliance
The N.R.A. ( USA )

That is not an exhaustive list, but I just dont seem to be able to find them.

Not surprising really though. Who would want a repulsive entity like that on a list of organisations looking for support.

You're right, these are really worthy causes that deserve all the love and support we can give. However, let us not forget other equally deserving cases;

The Ex-Nazi Concentration Camp Guards Retirement Home
The Dr Harold Shipman Memorial Fund
Befriend a Paedophile Scheme

Bad Martini
08-02-2010, 11:23 AM
...ye know, if the Huns do decide to withdraw their personal accounts with the bank, I'd wager we could get the rest of the anti-hunnish hordes in Scotland to open accounts, JUST, to piss them off :greengrin

...anyone know any yams with time to write an open letter to the Scottish public (Salmond wid dae right enough) suggesting we all open more accounts with the bank, get some shares......................then demand a return on our investment. £30m from the huns ought to do it :greengrin