- imagine losing one of the derbies by seven goals
- imagine that that match was at home
- imagine that that match was also played on New Year's Day
- imagine only winning two derbies in fifteen years, from 1968 - 1983
- imagine being relegated three times in five years
- imagine Peter Shields
- imagine taking two years to be promoted from the First Division
- imagine Francis Liddell
- imagine your famous literary supporter suggesting your ground would more appropriately be converted into a car park
- imagine being minutes from administration
- imagine revering Wallace Mercer
- imagine McDonald and Jardine (who couldn't go wrong)
- imagine 17,000 fans on a jamboree and what could go wrong?
- imagine wearing a silver strip for silverware
- imagine a Bobby Ball lookalike in tight shorts making a sub's appearance with less than twenty minutes to go
- imagine him scoring
- imagine him scoring again
- imagine both those goals happening with only seven minutes to go
- imagine how it wouldn't have mattered one Wester Hailes head-butt if St Mirren hadn't capitulated at Love Street the very same afternoon
- imagine 3,000 'Wee Team' supporters watching their side, predictably, lose at home chanting, ironically, 'we're gonnae win **ck all' as the tranny transfers your misery
- imagine 45,000 swapping Gorgie's grim ghetto for that of Glasgow
- imagine wearing a silver strip for silverware
- imagine it couldn't happen again, could it?
- imagine John Hewitt after 5 minutes
- imagine John Hewitt again
- imagine Billy Stark
- imagine Walter 'Zico' Kidd getting sent off, the first captain to suffer that ignominy in a cup final
- imagine Joy Division Colquhoun's greeting puss
- imagine John Robertson's greeting puss
- imagine regularly gaining odd goal victories or undeserved draws with your local rivals, but not making any significant challenge for trophies
- imagine regularly qualifying for Europe, but never even making a semi-final
- imagine signing Shug Burns
- imagine throwing bananas at Mark Walters
- imagine being left behind when football hooliganism went casual and several well-known hertz supporting hoolies turning out in the Stone Island uniform of the CCS instead
- imagine changing your strips once a year, long before it became widely prevalent
- imagine your chairman wasting money he could have used to develop your team or your ground on a ridiculous media trip
- imagine being stupid enough to defend him
- imagine how stupid you felt less than 18 months later when the much-maligned 'Wee Team' won a trophy, while your then drought celebrated its 29th birthday
- imagine losing the last derby of the century and not one of you remaining at full-time
- imagine selling the family silver to finally win some silverware
- imagine trying to justify why you think the easier-to-win Scottish Cup really is more important than the harder-to-win League Cup
- imagine selling thousands of tickets for important cup matches in the latter each season, yet still trying to say you don't care
- imagine that, of course, you do, of course, you'd love to see that cup, any cup, on an open-top bus parade
- imagine pretending you're a 'big' team
- imagine only averaging 1,500 more per home game than a 'Wee Team'
- imagine two teams from another city - 60 miles - away, having shops in your city's central business district
- imagine that the fact you've got a wee shop in the St James Centre makes it alright
- imagine the best chance of a non-OF club winning the league in a generation and sacking him
- imagine the cast of Gorky Park running your club
- imagine extras from Gorky Park playing for your club
- imgine 'believing' any utterance from the lips of Vladimir Romanov
- imagine Russian wolf hats
- imagine Union Jacks
- imagine Red Hand of Ulsters
- imagine the footballing Gary Glitter being made your manager
- imagine the bald, likeable guy off Scotsport (who once relegated Hibs) being made his number 2
- imagine failing to sell even half your tickets when you thought you'd lose at Easter Road
- imagine conceding six goals
- imagine failing to sell even half your tickets when you'd thought you'd lose at Easter Road again
- imagine conceding a goal after only 29 seconds
- imagine having only won 3 more league derbies than your rivals since August 1994, but still boasting about 'traditional superiority'
- imagine losing 1-0 to Hibs reserves
- imagine the winner was scored by 'Rat-Boy' Riordan
- imagine one of your wannabe CSF bams fi Fife trying to attack him and getting a second prize
- imagine Marshall's Chunky Chickens
- imagine George Foulkes as your people's champion
- imagine Gary Mackay's ugly pus
- imagine Gary Mackay laughing at Mickey Weir two years ago when Hibs drew Rangers in the Scottish Cup, live on BBC Scotland
- imagine Gary Mackay's tempting-fate-prayer in the Evening News a few weeks ago that 'this might be Hibs season'
- imagine how low and empty you would feel if the 'Wee Team' did actually win the 'Big Cup'
- imagine crying
- imagine being a Jambo

MacBean
04-02-2010, 04:58 PM
:top marks

matty_f
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
:faf:

linlithgowhibbie
04-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Imagine writing all that!:wink:

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 05:17 PM

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
:top marks Awesome. Somebody able to post that on www.fourteenpointsbackandplayedagamemorethanthewee team.co.uk (http://www.fourteenpointsbackandplayedagamemorethanthewee team.co.uk)? :greengrin

H18sry
04-02-2010, 05:33 PM
:top marks Awesome. Somebody able to post that on www.fourteenpointsbackandplayedagamemorethanthewee team.co.uk (http://www.fourteenpointsbackandplayedagamemorethanthewee team.co.uk)? :greengrin

Link doesny work :grr:

:devil:

Alex Trager
04-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I can assure you they will be looking at this in utter astoundment, but -obviously- wont post anything about it.....however i take it upon myself to dare any jambos who are a registered user on jk to post about this.

tony higgins
04-02-2010, 06:23 PM

.Sean.
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I'd post it masel', however i'm banned :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
04-02-2010, 06:57 PM
You could have saved yourself some time and the last points sums it totally for me and I am others as well.

- imagine being a Jambo :faf:

Alex Trager
05-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I knew one of them would bite, even if they disguise the title, after reading this last night they want to have their fellow yams reinstate the reasons as to why they follow such a dross club i.e. they have been subject tp the truth and now feel it necessary someone tells them why they support them and notus, so the can feel better about themselves
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71750 (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71750)
I also enjoy how they have a much more superior history than us, how is this true? they sent 17 men or something to war, very well, they have one over us there, but thats the ONLY one thing over us. Also wh look at history when the future is yet to happen, its no good dwelling on the past

Bostonhibby
05-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I knew one of them would bite, even if they disguise the title, after reading this last night they want to have their fellow yams reinstate the reasons as to why they follow such a dross club i.e. they have been subject tp the truth and now feel it necessary someone tells them why they support them and notus, so the can feel better about themselves
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71750 (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71750)
I also enjoy how they have a much more superior history than us, how is this true? they sent 17 men or something to war, very well, they have one over us there, but thats the ONLY one thing over us. Also wh look at history when the future is yet to happen, its no good dwelling on the past

:agree: just been in , best one was the geographically challenged one who thought " Hearts were Edinburgh and Hibs are not" Heart of Midlothian seems pretty specific to me, we at least have the cities name in the badge and have a better than 5% chance of playing in it for the forseeable future!

The war stuff is simply their distorted view of history, its about some brave men who might have had a conection to a football club also volunteering to go to war, neither Hearts or anything affiliated to them sent these men to war and I doubt Hearts were uppermost in their mind when they went, no more than anyone who supported Hibs, Celtic or Motherwell had that as their primary reason for going, or dare I say, how they would first want to be remembered either. If that makes them feel better, superior or even virtuous, fine.