PDA

View Full Version : NHC Willie Miller

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I can't find the thread about Willie Miller getting a smack in the jaw on Saturday night but I see the story made the front page of the Sun today. Apparently his businesses are going bust and he's in massive debt so some debt collector gave him a smack.

Obviously their source hasn't heard about the confidentiality act. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Well I hope for your sake your manager doesn't read this:grr::grr:

:greengrin

matty_f
04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I can't find the thread about Willie Miller getting a smack in the jaw on Saturday night but I see the story made the front page of the Sun today. Apparently his businesses are going bust and he's in massive debt so some debt collector gave him a smack.

Have you never heard of the Gloating on an Internet Forum Act? :dunno:

KerPlunk
04-02-2010, 12:45 PM
If you can be arsed, info is here :-

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=537&act=1&mid=2122949791

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Have you never heard of the Gloating on an Internet Forum Act? :dunno:

No.

marinello59
04-02-2010, 12:49 PM
He managed the unlikely feat of failing with a Harry Ramsden franchise and owed, IIRC, over £650K to his creditors.
Fast forward a few years and he opens another chippy just around the corner from his previous business and manages to lose another £350K of other peoples money. The man has some neck to even show his face around Aberdeen just now.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
He managed the unlikely feat of failing with a Harry Ramsden franchise and owed, IIRC, over £650K to his creditors.
Fast forward a few years and he opens another chippy just around the corner from his previous business and manages to lose another £350K of other peoples money. The man has some neck to even show his face around Aberdeen just now.

Presumably Calderwood had a "free chippys" clause in his contract.

matty_f
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
No.

:tee hee:

marinello59
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM

N'ah you're confusing him with Nade. The 'free chippy's' clause is just below the 'free McDonald's' clause and just above the 'free playing - wages optional' clause

:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM

The poster who started the thread later deleted it.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Looks like the guy that supplies fish to easter road is a bit more careful who he deals with.:greengrin

bawheid
04-02-2010, 01:11 PM
No.

Was he asking you? :devil:

Edit: Oh yeah, he was. :doh:

bigstu
04-02-2010, 04:40 PM

agreed, how these guys get away with it i'll never know! open one business & then it fails so they leave the debt & move on a open another business! The creditor in question who had a word with him in Soul bar comes from a family who you don't really want to be getting on the wrong side of. Miller is mug

iwasthere1972
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
If you can be arsed, info is here :-

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=537&act=1&mid=2122949791

I remember reading it on the Press and Journal page here.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1584247?UserKey=

That's his third restaurant to shut down. 12 staff lost their jobs. Sounds like the starting 11 and a sub.

Should've called in that guy Gordon who played for the huns :greengrin as he knows a bit about restaurants.