PDA

View Full Version : Gow snubbed Hearts & Aberdeen (merged)

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, i had a scan but never saw anything

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1868_5916452,00.html

CapitalHibs
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Said as much on his first interview for HibsTV

The_Todd
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
He's got his head screwed on, that's for sure

"There was a possibility of my going to Hearts and to be honest it was nearly a done deal right up to the last day there - but once Hibernian came in I knew where I wanted to go."

Archie70
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Like so many Hearts related interviews it has been lost in translation.

What he actually said was "I'd love to play for the big team with a chance of winning this years League Cup, I'm looking for the opportunity to improve my wheel barrow race technique alongside world cup stars in front of 400 000 at the megadome but sadly the Messiah isn't looking for a forward"
:wink:

PC Stamp
03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Said as much on his first interview for HibsTV

Seems that's where Teamtalk nicked it from being as he only just arrived in Edinburgh today and hasn't spoken to anyone else from the meeja yet! :wink:

Ireallywasthere
03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Think this explains his decision quite well
"I wanted to move back home and obviously I was good friends with John Hughes having worked with him before, so there was an opportunity for me to come and play for a good football side" :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
It's my new signature, that quote.

Sums up the difference between ourselves and the motley selection of reprobates masquerading as Hearts footballers under the watchful eye of CheerUpJimmyBackstabber.

Never really had anything against CheerUp before, he's given us three fantastic results in our history, but the big fat disaster sold his soul and integrity to earn some extra dough the very second he hopped aboard the Good Ship Romanov and in stabbing a fellow manager in the back in the shameful way that he did (epitomising the way that grubby wee club is run), he's went right down in my estimations.

Put it this way, if you were Alan Gow, looking to further your career and earn a crust, which option would you take?

Club A: Joining a club where you'll earn a decent salary, get absolutely full use of a state of the art training complex where you get encouragement to stay behind and hone your art; be trained under the watchful eye of a manager and coaches who are given full licence to manage you, train you and develop your skills to the very best of their ability without hindrance; be able to get the fans views on the unofficial club messageboard without worrying the server will crash because an extra ten bigots have logged on; playing in a stadium that is well on its way to competion; playing with players who are all in it together, the team spirit embedded into the personnel which more often than not has saw the team pick up points when it seemed unlikely and lastly, playing with those same players who are playing to a very high standard and are committed to the club crest.

Or-

Club B: Joining a club that is a circus in all but name where they'll offer you a better contract but it's not guaranteed you'll get paid, get limited use of a rented training complex whereby if you haven't traipsed off the astroturf by midday, you're in danger of disappearing under a gaggling stampede of moon-faced Metallica-fuelled students wearing hoodies wanting a game of hockey; be trained under a backstabbing manager who has very little say in whether you'll be playing at the weekend whilst nervously looking over your shoulder at the three dodgy Eastern Europeans with the trenchcoats on scribbling furiously onto a notepad and making phonecalls to an absent landlord who will decide from hundreds of miles away whether you'll be substituted in the 68th minute or not; logging onto the club's unofficial messageboard to get the fans views only to see your match ratings slide off the front page thanks to neanderthals and bigots lining up to bum said absent landlord; playing in a pink stadium with a wooden stand that's liable to disintegrate in a gale force wind; playing with players who can't be ersed, who feign injury on a constant basis and treat the place like a holiday camp; seeing all your hard work in winning possession, harrying up the field taking defenders on and watching your good work go to ruins as you realise your perfectly weighted through ball is skied into Row Zz by David f*****g Witteveen; being conscious of who's around you in case Callum Elliot wants to resurrect his naked YouTube Rodeo-dance on you in the dressing room; have your lunch in the canteen nicked by a peckish Nade; stare at Gary Locke's "Do I look like I've been dooking for chips" face, and lastly, find out that your 6 month loan deal is a complete waste of time as you'll be prohibited from playing as Vlad doesn't want you to feature because you won't sign a longer-term deal preventing him from cashing in and trousering the cash all the way back to his pocket in Lithuania.

Choose life. Choose Hibs. And if nothing else, don't touch that comedy club with a bargepole. It's run by lunatics, fronted by backstabbers, represented by mercenaries, supported by bigots, hated by all.

bobbyhibs1983
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
non story please move along now than you,Im sure hearts will say they were not intrested and dont need a winger/forward, as they have enough striking stars such as eillott,nade and glen.

hfc rd
03-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Good to see that the boy had some sense unlike his ex falkirk team mate Barr.

seanraff07
03-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Good to see that the boy had some sense unlike his ex falkirk team mate Barr.

Makes me think Barr must be kicking himself now.
Since he made the mistake of singing a pre-contract with them..
Hearts have had a change in manager.
Lost 3-0 at home to the Sheep.
Lost 1-0 away to St.Johnstone.
Been knocked out the CIS by St.Mirren meaning their season is over.
Also.. we've beaten Celtic away 2-1.. first time it's been done by anyone in the league in 18 months i think it is.
And beat St.Mirren 2-1, with the opportunity to leapfrog Celtic into 2nd.
Were now battling for a Champions League spot.
Hearts are now battling for a top 6 finish.
Who's with me in agreeing that he might've made the wrong decision in picking to go to Hearts over us?

poolman
04-02-2010, 12:02 AM
:agree:
It's my new signature, that quote.

Sums up the difference between ourselves and the motley selection of reprobates masquerading as Hearts footballers under the watchful eye of CheerUpJimmyBackstabber.

Never really had anything against CheerUp before, he's given us three fantastic results in our history, but the big fat disaster sold his soul and integrity to earn some extra dough the very second he hopped aboard the Good Ship Romanov and in stabbing a fellow manager in the back in the shameful way that he did (epitomising the way that grubby wee club is run), he's went right down in my estimations.
Put it this way, if you were Alan Gow, looking to further your career and earn a crust, which option would you take?

Club A: Joining a club where you'll earn a decent salary, get absolutely full use of a state of the art training complex where you get encouragement to stay behind and hone your art; be trained under the watchful eye of a manager and coaches who are given full licence to manage you, train you and develop your skills to the very best of their ability without hindrance; be able to get the fans views on the unofficial club messageboard without worrying the server will crash because an extra ten bigots have logged on; playing in a stadium that is well on its way to competion; playing with players who are all in it together, the team spirit embedded into the personnel which more often than not has saw the team pick up points when it seemed unlikely and lastly, playing with those same players who are playing to a very high standard and are committed to the club crest.

Or-

Club B: Joining a club that is a circus in all but name where they'll offer you a better contract but it's not guaranteed you'll get paid, get limited use of a rented training complex whereby if you haven't traipsed off the astroturf by midday, you're in danger of disappearing under a gaggling stampede of moon-faced Metallica-fuelled students wearing hoodies wanting a game of hockey; be trained under a backstabbing manager who has very little say in whether you'll be playing at the weekend whilst nervously looking over your shoulder at the three dodgy Eastern Europeans with the trenchcoats on scribbling furiously onto a notepad and making phonecalls to an absent landlord who will decide from hundreds of miles away whether you'll be substituted in the 68th minute or not; logging onto the club's unofficial messageboard to get the fans views only to see your match ratings slide off the front page thanks to neanderthals and bigots lining up to bum said absent landlord; playing in a pink stadium with a wooden stand that's liable to disintegrate in a gale force wind; playing with players who can't be ersed, who feign injury on a constant basis and treat the place like a holiday camp; seeing all your hard work in winning possession, harrying up the field taking defenders on and watching your good work go to ruins as you realise your perfectly weighted through ball is skied into Row Zz by David f*****g Witteveen; being conscious of who's around you in case Callum Elliot wants to resurrect his naked YouTube Rodeo-dance on you in the dressing room; have your lunch in the canteen nicked by a peckish Nade; stare at Gary Locke's "Do I look like I've been dooking for chips" face, and lastly, find out that your 6 month loan deal is a complete waste of time as you'll be prohibited from playing as Vlad doesn't want you to feature because you won't sign a longer-term deal preventing him from cashing in and trousering the cash all the way back to his pocket in Lithuania.

Choose life. Choose Hibs. And if nothing else, don't touch that comedy club with a bargepole. It's run by lunatics, fronted by backstabbers, represented by mercenaries, supported by bigots, hated by all.

Great post as ever PH

The bit i've highlighted strengthens the story I got from a good mate of mine (who's a Yam :rolleyes:) but with Pink connections who assured me that Jumbo was contacted on Tuesday about coming back to the pink farm

All that tosh about getting contacted on Friday when he was in Embra shopping, well, what can you say :faf:

Anybody that swallows that guff probably tends to follow the deluded lot

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Jefferies had a deal for Gow in place, but the man from Kaunas, he say no.

Dibben
04-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Makes me think Barr must be kicking himself now.
Since he made the mistake of singing a pre-contract with them..
Hearts have had a change in manager.
Lost 3-0 at home to the Sheep.
Lost 1-0 away to St.Johnstone.
Been knocked out the CIS by St.Mirren meaning their season is over.
Also.. we've beaten Celtic away 2-1.. first time it's been done by anyone in the league in 18 months i think it is.
And beat St.Mirren 2-1, with the opportunity to leapfrog Celtic into 2nd.
Were now battling for a Champions League spot.
Hearts are now battling for a top 6 finish.
Who's with me in agreeing that he might've made the wrong decision in picking to go to Hearts over us?

Can a pre contract agreement be ripped up?

I presume it can!

BH.

Green_one
04-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Club B: watching your good work go to ruins as you realise your perfectly weighted through ball is skied into Row Zz by David f*****g Witteveen; being conscious of who's around you in case Callum Elliot wants to resurrect his naked YouTube Rodeo-dance on you in the dressing room; have your lunch in the canteen nicked by a peckish Nade; stare at Gary Locke's "Do I look like I've been dooking for chips" face, and lastly, find out that your 6 month loan deal is a complete waste of time as you'll be prohibited from playing as Vlad doesn't want you to feature because you won't sign a longer-term deal preventing him from cashing in and trousering the cash all the way back to his pocket in Lithuania.

Very very good. Getting me to laugh at this time in the morning.

Hibs7
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Gary Locke's "Do I look like I've been dooking for chips" face,

Brilliant :faf::faf::faf:

lyonhibs
04-02-2010, 10:57 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Alan-Gow-admits--the.6041497.jp

He's been the model of diplomacy here, listing only John Hughes as the decisive factor in signing for us, and not that ramshackle, bumbling amalgam of delusional spaz-lads across the city.

Maybe we could compile a list of why WE think Gow choose us over Hearts, in addition to the quoted John Hughes reason.......................

I mean it's been a matter of hours since such a list was compiled, and frankly, that's simply not good enough :greengrin:devil:

Wat Dabney
04-02-2010, 10:57 AM
what a shame :dummytit:

McGhee said: “It got to the situation where we thought we had actually signed Gow.

“The next thing we heard was that Hibs had gazumped us.”

:faf:

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
How can you "think" you've signed someone? You either have or you haven't surely?

:dummytit:

Frazerbob
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
How can you "think" you've signed someone? You either have or you haven't surely?

Celtc thought they's signed Mo Johnston :faf::faf:

Wilson
04-02-2010, 11:04 AM
what a shame :dummytit:

McGhee said: “It got to the situation where we thought we had actually signed Gow.

“The next thing we heard was that Hibs had gazumped us.”

:faf:

Don't have a Gow, man.

seanraff07
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Remember, McGhee is a daft prick.

seanraff07
04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Can a pre contract agreement be ripped up?

I presume it can!

BH.

He'll be hoping so, i'm hoping not, that's what he deserves for picking the "big team".

Dibben
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
You would have thought with Gow NOT being there with a pen in his handing writing his name would have been the first clue!

BH.

hibeesjoe
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM

He's been the model of diplomacy here, listing only John Hughes as the decisive factor in signing for us, and not that ramshackle, bumbling amalgam of delusional spaz-lads across the city.

Maybe we could compile a list of why WE think Gow choose us over Hearts, in addition to the quoted John Hughes reason.......................

I mean it's been a matter of hours since such a list was compiled, and frankly, that's simply not good enough :greengrin:devil:

Noticed in one of the comments at the bottom of that article that a falkirk fan reckoned Gow supplied assists for about 3/4 of the goals stokes scored when he was at falkirk. Pretty good if true

nickwhibs
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I love how Gow chose us ahead of two teams whoes fans both think they are the 3rd team in Scotland. :thumbsup:It just shows how highly Hibs are regarded these days!

seanraff07
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I love how Gow chose us ahead of two teams whoes fans both think they are the 3rd team in Scotland. :thumbsup:It just shows how highly Hibs are regarded these days!

Think the fact that Gow and Yogi used to work together would have played a big factor in where he was going to go.

JimBHibees
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
McGhee just trying to appease the irritated herd of sheep IMO.

scott_hfc1875
04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
interesting that yogi said that the deal could become permanent , tashe man must have a clause in place

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
McGhee said he was going to make Aberdeen the third farce in the SPL. I think that the has done that and more.

matty_f
04-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Don't have a Gow, man.

:tee hee:

Golden Bear
04-02-2010, 01:02 PM
McGhee just trying to appease the irritated herd of sheep IMO.

Just another example of Mcghoo bleating his weekly dose of nonsense.

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 01:02 PM
If McGhee stopped talking Single Fish to the papers and got on with his job he might not have a team in the bottom 6.

Jonnyboy
04-02-2010, 01:03 PM

Just another example of Mcghoo bleating his weekly dose of nonsense.

Exactly. There are times when he makes Foulkes seem lucid.

Think I've maybe taken that too far :greengrin

Taken from the EEN story today

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2338724#post2338724

Hughes said: "I talked to the chairman, told him Alan wanted to come to Hibs and within ten minutes he was on to it and thankfully we got the deal done."

Moulin Yarns
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Think the fact that Gow and Yogi used to work together would have played a big factor in where he was going to go.

I'm guessing the same goes for Darren Barr :greengrin

--------
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Exactly. There are times when he makes Foulkes seem lucid.

Think I've maybe taken that too far :greengrin

Taken from the EEN story today

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2338724#post2338724 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2338724#post2338724)

Hughes said: "I talked to the chairman, told him Alan wanted to come to Hibs and within ten minutes he was on to it and thankfully we got the deal done."

Quote in full, J:

As the countdown to Monday's midnight deadline began, Hughes, his assistant Brian Rice along with chairman Rod Petrie based themselves at the club's East Mains Training Centre to be ready should there be any last-minute action.

The move paid off as Gow called Rice to tell him he was travelling, along with Jim Paterson and Steven McLean, from Plymouth to talk to Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee.

A delighted Gow, who goes straight into the squad for Saturday's Active Nation Scottish Cup tie against Montrose, said: "There had been other teams I was talking to but once I'd spoken to John Hughes I knew that I was only really interested in coming to Hibs. I really didn't want to go anywhere else."

Now that's TEAMWORK!

BTW, wasn't one of the reasons Yogi would never come to Hibs as manager the terrible relationship between him and Rod Petrie?

Shurely shome mishtake there, methinksh....

I wonder if McGhump let Maguire go to Killie on loan because he 'thought' the Gow loan was a done deal? :devil:

Jim44
04-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Comment on the Gow situation from over by. - "I'm puzzled as to why they want another attacking player (albeit a midfielder), they're just being greedy. I would have thought bingo would have been trying to strengthen his defence." :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

lapsedhibee
04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Comment on the Gow situation from over by. - "I'm puzzled as to why they want another attacking player (albeit a midfielder), they're just being greedy. " I would have thought bingo would have been trying to strengthen his defence." :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Aye, defence is a shambles. Last four away games at Ipox, Darkheid, PBS and Sheepland we've lost a total of two goals. Disgrace! :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2010, 05:54 PM

He was impressed by our free flowing Brazilian football, and he grew up in a caravan, raised by methadone soaked peg sellers?:confused:

He took legal advice?

He actually knows who Hearts are, and so was not fooled by the "Time Share Salesman" promises he received?

He has school age children?

Jack
04-02-2010, 06:23 PM
If McGhee stopped talking Single Fish to the papers and got on with his job he might not have a team in the bottom 6.

Oh yes they would be, they're not the shadow of the team they like to think they are. Their fans can be a bit full of themselves sometimes but even they deserve better than that torn faced git!

Quote in less than full, J:

A delighted Gow, who goes straight into the squad for Saturday's Active Nation Scottish Cup tie against Montrose, said: "There had been other teams I was talking to but once I'd spoken to John Hughes I knew that I was only really interested in coming to Hibs. I really didn't want to go anywhere else."

I’m not sure if it was in the same article but Alan Gow and Yogi have been chatting since AG left Falkirk and more recently around a month ago where AG was saying he was being ‘farmed out’. Yogi said at the time he wasn’t interested in signing him.

Roll on a few weeks later when our main targets have not, for some reason, come to fruition and AG and the other two from Plymouth are apparently in the car on the way to Aberdeen and AG phones Brian Rice. I bet the other two lads are spewin’ they’re not Hibbies today. :agree:

There's one thing though that I’ve been thinking. All those folk we’ve signed seem to have played for and had Yogi’s or Brian Rice’s phone numbers (except for a couple). :hmmm:

Who else is in their contacts list that might interest us and what happens when we’ve signed them all? What will Yogi and BR do then for signings? Eh? :dunno:

See the next time we score a goal and Yogi jumps up and down. If you see this fabled phone lying about have a wee look before you give it back :greengrin

marinello59
04-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh yes they would be, they're not the shadow of the team they like to think they are. Their fans can be a bit full of themselves sometimes but even they deserve better than that torn faced git!

No they don't.:devil:

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 06:37 PM

Was at the game against Falkirk at Pittodrie on Tuesday, and I agree, they are *****:agree:

Still think though that McGhee should be concentrating on the task at hand and not spraffing to the papers each day with either "I wanted that player but didn't get him / I love Celtic"

mjhibby
04-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I think it shows we are not childish about signing a hertz taget when this is not running to many pages.But what the hell nananananana.GIRUY you scarf twirling loonies.Ah that feels better.:thumbsup:

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Comment on the Gow situation from over by. - "I'm puzzled as to why they want another attacking player (albeit a midfielder), they're just being greedy. I would have thought bingo would have been trying to strengthen his defence." :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

I suppose they're right. Having the second best defence in the league isn't enough.

Hughes out now! Duff Jimmy for Manager! LOLZ!!1!

CRAZYHIBBY
04-02-2010, 06:53 PM
interesting that yogi said that the deal could become permanent , tashe man must have a clause in place

i think it was only a loan deal because they didnt have enough time to negotiate a permanent deal due to the deadline

KeithTheHibby
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM

To an extent however Hibs offer a better platform and have better players than the Yams and the sheep therefore a seemples decision for Gowser.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing Gow, I think he could be a big piece in Yogi's Hibs jigsaw, along with Lee Miller and Stokesy. A shame for the sheep, but Yogi is a guy players like playing for.

Alex Trager
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
apparantly..http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/sub/Interviews/0,,10290~1954427,00.html

Irish_Steve
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
From across the way:

One of the deluded:

My mole spoke to Gow early doors on Monday and he was wanting to sign for us - Seemed to think it was only a matter of sorting out the terms etc. Dont know what happened after that tho.

My guess is Jeffries was told he could have Gow or Stevenson but not both. Obviously he chose Stevenson.

And they reply from another deluded:

Your mole is lying then.

Another kickbacker actually did get in touch with Gow the day before the transfer deadline and he already knew he was signing for Hibs. I saw the text message from Gow with my own eyes so I know that your mole is talking pish.

Goes on forever like this - trumpets the lot of them

Mikey
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM

It's a hoot over the road. They're in denial :greengrin

Irish_Steve
04-02-2010, 09:01 PM
It's a hoot over the road. They're in denial :greengrin

Is that in Egypt??

PC Stamp
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
From across the way:

One of the deluded:

My mole spoke to Gow early doors on Monday and he was wanting to sign for us - Seemed to think it was only a matter of sorting out the terms etc. Dont know what happened after that tho.

My guess is Jeffries was told he could have Gow or Stevenson but not both. Obviously he chose Stevenson.

And they reply from another deluded:

Your mole is lying then.

Another kickbacker actually did get in touch with Gow the day before the transfer deadline and he already knew he was signing for Hibs. I saw the text message from Gow with my own eyes so I know that your mole is talking pish.

That's that put to bed then. The fourteenpointsandagameinhandbacker is right and Yogi, Gow & Mark McGhoo are all telling fibs about him being on his way to sheepie land on Monday afternoon before Hibs got involved!

Irish_Steve
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Wonder if the mole is Jamie Mole??

keep the faith
04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Remember, McGhee is a daft prick.

:greengrin Summed up nicely!

sleeping giant
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM

That and the fact the Hertz are manky , flea ridden , biggoted , smelly , thick , ugly bassas :agree:

mjhibby
05-02-2010, 08:11 AM
That's that put to bed then. The fourteenpointsandagameinhandbacker is right and Yogi, Gow & Mark McGhoo are all telling fibs about him being on his way to sheepie land on Monday afternoon before Hibs got involved!

Gow is quite clear in the papers this morning that a deal was in place before shabby got binned and jeffries ratified it only to be usurped.So hertz get a defender when they need attackers,a defender who wont play till next season and wont play thier best player,who is a defender,because he wont sign for a huge reduction in wages.Denial is not the word my friends its full emu in the sand job.

Leithenhibby
05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
PMSL..

Hughes said: "I won't tell you what Mark said!...:faf:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2839890/Sorry-Mark-Gows-Not-a-Don-deal.html

Mon Dieu4
05-02-2010, 12:30 PM
He also tried to sign Nish on deadline day but Yogi told him where to go :faf:

sambajustice
05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
First of all,

"On Monday Chipper spoke to Gowser," WTF sort of speak is that?? LOL! Its brilliant!

Secondly:

"I just said that I wasn't going anywhere if I wasn't going to Hibs and that was the end of it!"

:notworthy::aok::not worth

CB_NO3
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
First of all,

"On Monday Chipper spoke to Gowser," WTF sort of speak is that?? LOL! Its brilliant!

Secondly:

"I just said that I wasn't going anywhere if I wasn't going to Hibs and that was the end of it!"

:notworthy::aok::not worth
Thats how the finest from Leith talk lol. Saying that did you hear Fergie last week after the Man Utd Arsenal game. He was saying that Highbury is a hard place to go to get 3 points. They aint been at Highbury in years :agree:

OxoHibby
05-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Couldn't have put it better

:faf::faf:

CRAZYHIBBY
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
This is one of those quotes you could put on a T-shirt :greengrin