PDA

View Full Version : Robert Snodgrass

hibbie02
03-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I had been watching this guy play for Leeds, not realising he was Scottish. He is a stand out against Spurs (both legs) and I believe he is ex-Livi.

Tremendous prospect! :cool2:

Dibben
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I had been watching this guy play for Leeds, not realising he was Scottish. He is a stand out against Spurs (both legs) and I believe he is ex-Livi.

Tremendous prospect! :cool2:

I remember him playing for Livi, looked good early on then lost his was for a while.

I seem to recall the Fletcher-esque rumours that Barcelona wanted him over for training so that they could check him out! Again, like Fletcher, that never happened either!!!

BH.

hibsbollah
03-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I heard he was getting rave reviews. Another example of an unheralded SPL player making a success of it down south. The demise of Scottish footballers has been greatly exaggerated IMO.

johncrobertson@
03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Played in the same Livi team as Graeme Dorrans another good young player now doing really well at West Brom

Barney McGrew
03-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Graduated through Livi's youth policy at the same time as Graeme Dorrans, Murray Davidson and Leigh Griffiths.

They're bringing through some decent talent there.

Mikey_1875
03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Should be getting a crack at international soon I hope, Dorrans aswell!

whereswallace?
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Watching the gane aswell and he really looks some player,giving Spurs a hard time!

hibsbollah
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Played in the same Livi team as Graeme Dorrans another good young player now doing really well at West Brom

Dorrans is "Championship Player of the season so far" I heard on the Radio yesterday:confused:

Someone missed out there.

DC_Hibs
03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Read a good article on him recently - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6997540.ece

There were always reports in his Livi days about his bad timekeeping but luckily he got a break and has screwed the nut.

RyeSloan
03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I heard he was getting rave reviews. Another example of an unheralded SPL player making a success of it down south. The demise of Scottish footballers has been greatly exaggerated IMO.

And the apparent lack of quality of Scottish football in general....there is bucketfuls of ex Scottish SPL players all doing well in the Championship (and one or two in the EPL) which proves to me at least that Scottish football is no where near as bad as some like to make out and that we are capable of producing quality players.

Granted the quality might not quite be of Premership standard but considering a large part of the premiership player population is made up of the best foreign talent money can buy this is maybe not quite the benchmark we should be measuring oursleves against.

The trend however is clearly a good one and there is good reason to believe that we may finally be starting to consistently produce good players and occasionally great ones...all of which bodes well for the lieks of Hibs and the rest of the SPL and of course the national side.

Brummie_Hibs
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Should be getting a crack at international soon I hope, Dorrans aswell!
He was selected for the game against Wales, but I think he was injured.

The talk was that he turned down a trial at Barca, however a recent article in The Times suggests that something else scuppered it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6997540.ece

hibsbollah
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
And the apparent lack of quality of Scottish football in general....there is bucketfuls of ex Scottish SPL players all doing well in the Championship (and one or two in the EPL) which proves to me at least that Scottish football is no where near as bad as some like to make out and that we are capable of producing quality players.

Granted the quality might not quite be of Premership standard but considering a large part of the premiership player population is made up of the best foreign talent money can buy this is maybe not quite the benchmark we should be measuring oursleves against.

The trend however is clearly a good one and there is good reason to believe that we may finally be starting to consistently produce good players and occasionally great ones...all of which bodes well for the lieks of Hibs and the rest of the SPL and of course the national side.

:top marks

Hakim Sar
03-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Snodgrass WAS invited to Barcelona to play a few bounce games against the other best teenagers in europe that had been scouted. Completely different from the fletcher rumours.

Funny thing is he said no because he thought it a waste of time.

Even Charlie 'give us a smile'adam is blackpools best player. We ain't as bad as we are made out

sixtwo
03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
We were linked with him (snodgrass) while he was at livi. He was only 16 or 17 at the time but rumours were rife that he had a really bad attitude. He would always turn up late for training and had anger management issues. I have watched him a few times since has been down there and he has been great. Good luck to the lad. He seems to have matured into a fine player.

The boy Dorrans has been magnificent for WBA. His delivery into the box is fantastic, he can beat players and he has an eye for goal. I'll be very surprised if he is not on a lot of premiership managers wishlists for next season.

seanraff07
03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I remember him playing for Livi, looked good early on then lost his was for a while.

I seem to recall the Fletcher-esque rumours that Barcelona wanted him over for training so that they could check him out! Again, like Fletcher, that never happened either!!!

BH.

I think it was Real Madrid, i think him and Dorrans should both be getting a game for Scotland as they offer much more than the likes of Conway and Kyle.

Hainan Hibs
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM

:top marks

Thank **** for that. Other posters who don't tan their wrists in about Scottish football.

There are players going South now and being a success, and I am proud that a product of our youth system is scoring regularly down there.

ballengeich
03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
We were linked with him (snodgrass) while he was at livi. He was only 16 or 17 at the time but rumours were rife that he had a really bad attitude. He would always turn up late for training and had anger management issues. I have watched him a few times since has been down there and he has been great. Good luck to the lad. He seems to have matured into a fine player.

I met him briefly when he was on loan from Livi at Stirling Albion. He's not the brightest guy you'll speak to, but I heard an interview with him a year or so ago saying he's changed his attitude since becoming a father. I hope so, because he has a lot of talent.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Given that we are near neighbours and that they had to be carefull with their beans over the past few seasons,it's a shame that we did not get a wee link up with them, giving our fringe players a run out for them, in exchange for first dibs on their brighter stars.