PDA

View Full Version : More Gems and Gold Dust to come from yogi?

MacBean
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Havent seen this posted anywhere, but looks like yogi hasn't finished his hunt for talent!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8494698.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8494698.stm)

Any ideas who he may have his peepers on?

ahibby
03-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Lifted from the official web site.

borstalboy
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Strong rumour going about my office that Bruno Aguiar will be a Hibs player by the end of the week...........

Not sure if I believe it or not! (Source is a Customer of ours)

**if true then you heard it here first!

ahibby
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe they are getting their own back on us after the wind up on here that they had beaten us to Gow's signature?

sunshine1875
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Strong rumour going about my office that Bruno Aguiar will be a Hibs player by the end of the week...........

No - was on the Football Rumours website last week. You know how reliable that website is.

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Was he released from his contract prior to the transfer window closing?

--------
03-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Havent seen this posted anywhere, but looks like yogi hasn't finished his hunt for talent!

[/URL][url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8494698.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8494698.stm)

Any ideas who he may have his peepers on?

Just the simple truth - Yogi, like any other sensible manager, is still on the lookout for talent. We can sign anyone who's out of contract and unattached to a club.

Or he can get them signed on a pre-contract.

Or he can start talks with a view to signing them in the summer.

And it keeps the players we already have on their toes. :wink:

borstalboy
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Was he released from his contract prior to the transfer window closing?

He wasn't, but if he is released, you can sign him at any time, whether or not the transfer window is open.

As I say, I don't really believe it but you just never know with Hughes! Who would have thought we'd sign Stoker or Miller?!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
He wasn't, but if he is released, you can sign him at any time, whether or not the transfer window is open.

As I say, I don't really believe it but you just never know with Hughes! Who would have thought we'd sign Stoker or Miller?!

I am guessing that Stoker is no use at crosses?

Andy74
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM

I think he would have had to have been released prior to the windonw closing to be able to register him to play.

If he is released tomorrow we can't sign him, or at least can't play him, until the summer.

Anyway, a lot of nonsense this one I think.

greenlex
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
:top marks

Golden Bear
03-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Good one!

:thumbsup:

Eric
03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I think he would have had to have been released prior to the windonw closing to be able to register him to play.

If he is released tomorrow we can't sign him, or at least can't play him, until the summer.

Anyway, a lot of nonsense this one I think.

This is what happened with Jonatan Johansson. We signed JJ during Nov 08 but could not play him before 1 Jan 09. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 07:14 AM

As Andy74 says he could be released tomorrow but we wouldn't be able to register him until the next transfer window opens. As well as the JJ example with us the same happened with Celtic when they signed Roy Keane.

So to sum up - this rumour's pish.

brog
04-02-2010, 07:52 AM

That's a Brammer!

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2010, 08:27 AM
anyone know what players are available/without club?

Sudds_1
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM

well, he was (a good solid RC)...........it was his creation that wisnae!

(feeling pedantic today!) :wink::greengrin

rightwinger
04-02-2010, 09:38 AM
The signing of Gow will be interesting. Can he get back into the form he was in at Falkirk, the way Stokes has?

Personally, I feel that - without putting our eggs in one basket - the focus should maybe be on trying to get the gems Hughes has already unearthed (namely Miller/McBride) tied up on long-term deals. Murray/Riordan/Bamba as well. We can do without the potential unrest that having lots of key players out of contract soon can bring.

If Hughes wants to rebuild or players are sold then we want it to be on our terms as much as possible.

The value of long-term deals for Miller/Stokes/Bamba in particular is obvious. Stokes's scoring record (in big games too) indicates that we could get £2.5-£3m for him in the summer at least. Celtic could do a lot worse than make a combined £6m bid for those three in the summer!

Craig_in_Prague
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
The signing of Gow will be interesting. Can he get back into the form he was in at Falkirk, the way Stokes has?

Personally, I feel that - without putting our eggs in one basket - the focus should maybe be on trying to get the gems Hughes has already unearthed (namely Miller/McBride) tied up on long-term deals. Murray/Riordan/Bamba as well. We can do without the potential unrest that having lots of key players out of contract soon can bring.

If Hughes wants to rebuild or players are sold then we want it to be on our terms as much as possible.

The value of long-term deals for Miller/Stokes/Bamba in particular is obvious. Stokes's scoring record (in big games too) indicates that we could get £2.5-£3m for him in the summer at least. Celtic could do a lot worse than make a combined £6m bid for those three in the summer!

If we sold what is probably our best 3 players, for 6M and to that lot, I really would consider simply to stop following Hibs.

cockneymike
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
If we sold what is probably our best 3 players, for 6M and to that lot, I really would consider simply to stop following Hibs.

:agree:

borstalboy
04-02-2010, 10:55 AM

No need to worry, the Tash no longer gives in to Smeltic!....as we seen with Steven Fletcher.

All Haill the Tash!:notworthy:

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
GONCALVES in talks with Hibs about joining at the end of the season on a free
GIRFUY,s hertz

Franck is God
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
GIRFUY,s hertz

Even if you just made that up....:thumbsup:

smurf
04-02-2010, 11:43 AM
GIRFUY,s hertz

:rolleyes: Aye that's going to happen...

Oscar T Grouch
04-02-2010, 12:21 PM

:faf:

Oscar T Grouch
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
No need to worry, the Tash no longer gives in to Smeltic!....as we seen with Steven Fletcher.

All Haill the Tash!:notworthy:

And lets not forget Scott Lindsay our current CE?