PDA

View Full Version : Yams jim jefferies - the excuses thread

forthhibby
03-02-2010, 01:17 PM
think this could run for the rest of the season

after defeat to St Johnstone

We only really upped the tempo in the last 20 minutes.

"Once Andy Driver got into the game he looked like he was going to cause a problem for them.

"It was a patched up side, with so many injuries, and I didn't know too much about some of the players.

"I saw some good stuff and some that was not so good."

getting knocked out the CIS Cup by St Mirren

"You could see tonight there was a willingness to get forward more than they're used to. They're disappointed in there. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for trying to play on an unbelievable pitch. They just found a great strike. It was a hard-fought game and looked like one goal would win it. As far as will to work was concerned that was massive compared to Saturday. I was encouraged by some players' performances."

poolman
03-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Hearts played with an industry and spirit not always in evidence this season.

Jefferies stressed that level of desire must continue for the rest of the season.

"Last night I patted them on the head," he said. "I knew they were down but I told them if they give that same desire then the supporters will stay with them. That's what I've always said. If the fans see people playing for the jersey they are happy. Some of the players have been accused of not doing so but it's my job to work on that. If they don't play for the jersey they won't be here.

:wtf: :faf: I know I only saw 16 mins of highlights on the Beeb but if Jumbo thinks that was industry,spirit and desire long may it continue.

It looked ****in dire :agree:

Coco Bryce
03-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Not an excuse, but I cant believe he came out with this belter...

"That was a million times better than Saturday"

:bye:

HibbyAndy
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Just tell the truth backstabber. 'This team is ****ing honking and the worst Hearts side in years, ill have my work cut out getting this shower into the top 6'.

seanraff07
03-02-2010, 01:36 PM

Is that what he said? Goodness knows how bad they were on Saturday, listening to the commentary last night it sound like St.Mirren were all over them, and that was a Jambo commentating.

Keith_M
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I read the Hearts fans comments in the EN about last night's game and they were to a man in agreement that the display was honking!

Seems like Jumbo Jim was the only one that thought it was an improvement.

--------
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Is that what he said? Goodness knows how bad they were on Saturday, listening to the commentary last night it sound like St.Mirren were all over them, and that was a Jambo commentating.

He did indeed. Watch the BBC "highlights".

Before Jumbo signed for Vladdymare he went into a private clinic for surgery - to have a fax machine stapled to his chest, and to undergo a full frontal lobotomy.

The surgeon decided against the second part of the procedure. When asked why, he said, "It was an easy decision to come to. In fact, it was a no-brainer."

Part/Time Supporter
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM

Jefferies might be correct there.

1,000,000 x 0 = 0

:wink:

Sean1875
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Been told they played better against Aberdeen recently when they lost 3-0 than they did last night :faf:

matty_f
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
On Kickback they're talking about a gutless, spineless display. I don't know if they're talking about Jefferies not playing Goncalves and trying to make out it was his own choice, or about the shan performance on the pitch.

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
So the consensus is that they're not very good then?

My god, I've been saying that for years!

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
On Kickback they're talking about a gutless, spineless display. I don't know if they're talking about Jefferies not playing Goncalves and trying to make out it was his own choice, or about the shan performance on the pitch.

They may have been gutless last night and for quite a few other games, but the fans themselves have been completely and utterly gutless for the past 3 or 4 years consistently....what other fans would sit back and not only let one man systematically destroy their club and turn them into a laughing stock, but also hand him 400 notes every summer which in his currency, gives him the go-ahead to take another p1ss all over their once proud badge?

Spineless cretins.

And they've got a backstabber for a manager.

Horrible, horrible little club.

Thank ****** I'm not in any way associated to that honking, debt-ridden, wriggling carcass of an institution.

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
To be fair to JJ and Hearts, I think every few people could have foreseen the potential banana skin that was St Mirren coming along.

Phil D. Rolls
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
They may have been gutless last night and for quite a few other games, but the fans themselves have been completely and utterly gutless for the past 3 or 4 years consistently....what other fans would sit back and not only let one man systematically destroy their club and turn them into a laughing stock, but also hand him 400 notes every summer which in his currency, gives him the go-ahead to take another p1ss all over their once proud badge?

Spineless cretins.

And they've got a backstabber for a manager.

Horrible, horrible little club.

Thank ****** I'm not in any way associated to that honking, debt-ridden, wriggling carcass of an institution.

You can't blame them for lacking confidence in their ability, look what happened the last time they asked, no, DEMANDED change?

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2010, 07:52 PM
You can't blame them for lacking confidence in their ability, look what happened the last time they asked, no, DEMANDED change?

There's a local consortium of businessmen just waiting to step in.

Led by Sir Fred Goodwin.