PDA

View Full Version : Last nights games

mjhibby
03-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Just a few wee obsevations about last nights games
Firstly the change calderwood has brought about at killie.If jeffries had still been in cgarge their how many points would he have gained from hamilton and the dons away and utd and celtic at home.Not many i would bet.He seems to have got them going and with a couple of very good signings in mcguire and severin should pull away from the bottom something the chairman clealy didnt see happening under jeffries.
Secondly mark mcghee.Is he now on a shoogly peg.His next game is raith away in the cup a tricky tie on its own but given their last two results a very dodgy one indeed.Given that calderwood basically got his jotters for that semi defeat aginst qos then will willie miller panick and sack him.Im sure the well fans with the two grandas doing very well are loving it right now and of course saturdays 3-0 horsing.
Next our former manager.Some would say he has been brave with all his changes but even he must have known the risk that they would take longer to gel and he might not only lose the league race but possibly second place as well.Mowbray i thought was always a bit naive but got away with it with us as the football was joy to watch.I doubt the glassgow hordes will be quite as patient.
And of course jumbo jim.Why in gods name did hertz first get in a manager who was second bottom of the league and in a terrible run and why did he take the job knowing the obvious constraints he had.I know there is always the pull of playing or managing for the club you support but surely he could see the inevitable happening.With no new signings until the close season its gonna be a hell of a tough time for him.I think jeffries is a decent guy so get out jim before it destroys your career.
Lastly st mirren showed they were not a bad team last night which makes our win even more vital last saturday.So to sum up killie got it right,the dons were wrong to bim calderwood,hertz and jeffries are never going to work and how long for mowbray.Still a wonderful evening last night where football was the winner. :thumbsup:

cabbage07
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
What i noticed last night is craig bryson is a player i wouldnt mind see playing for us.

jacomo
03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I've always liked Calderwood, he's a decent manager who should pull Killie away from trouble. It's so tight at the bottom though that a couple of poor results will pull them right back into it.

I've always disliked McGoo, but thought he was turning it around over the past couple of months. Maybe not.

As for Mowbray... fair enough he's trying to build his own team, but really good managers do this while getting results at the same time. He's taken a massive gamble in ripping up the squad mid-season... and with so many loan signings, this looks more and more like short-term panic than long-term planning.

I'm beginning to think that anything other than the SPL title and Mowbray's out at the end of the season. Keane gives the board the perfect excuse - "we gave you a £70k a week player, and you still couldn't win".

Hearts' continuing woes are flat-out hilarious, of course. Jumbo Jim was partially responsible for this mess, and now he has to try and sort it out.

hibees59
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Just a few wee obsevations about last nights games

And of course jumbo jim.Why in gods name did hertz first get in a manager who was second bottom of the league and in a terrible run and why did he take the job knowing the obvious constraints he had.I know there is always the pull of playing or managing for the club you support but surely he could see the inevitable happening.With no new signings until the close season its gonna be a hell of a tough time for him.I think jeffries is a decent guy so get out jim before it destroys your career.
Lastly st mirren showed they were not a bad team last night which makes our win even more vital last saturday.So to sum up killie got it right,the dons were wrong to bim calderwood,hertz and jeffries are never going to work and how long for mowbray.Still a wonderful evening last night where football was the winner. :thumbsup:

Didn't we do that also :cool2:

mjhibby
03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
What sort of smarty pants comment is that blowing my argument out of the water.Ah but we knew yogi would cut it didnt we.:greengrin