View Full Version : Yams Hearts

Gerard
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Will Hearts stay in the SPL this year?
G

Sylar
02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Undoubtedly.

Let's not get carried away - they're pish, but they're no worse than the abysmal Hamilton team we ripped to pieces at the weekend.

Hibercelona
02-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Undoubtedly.

Let's not get carried away - they're pish, but they're no worse than the abysmal Hamilton team we ripped to pieces at the weekend.

I reckon they are.

Hamilton play better football than Hearts do. They certainly create more chances against us than Hearts do.

I doubt Hearts will get relegated this season though. I think they will get enough Mikey pens to see them through the season.

Next season however.... :devil:

RickyS
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
G

not if I had my way:greengrin

Storar
02-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Undoubtedly.

I think they are. Don't forget they were only 2 points off bottom before they started winning games by a single penalty for 6 weeks. Also they were moving up the table at a time when all the teams below them had to call off their games because of the heavy snow.Now that's stopped it'll be business as normal. They'll continue to score no goals and without Goncalves they won't be as steady at the back and they'll start losing games again without the safety net of yet another penalty kick..
There's not a single team in the league that I'd expect Hearts to beat. Hamilton, Falkrik, Killie, St J's etc have all shown enough over the season to show that they are at least as good as Hearts and by May they could easily be back in the mix.

At the same time I do think their mini 'revival' over Christmas will save them this season, just.

NOLA
02-02-2010, 11:52 PM
G

not if Carlsberg did seasons!

seanraff07
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Hearts are getting increasingly worse, and i reckon they will be down there come the end of the season. But their is no chance of them getting relegated unfortunately, maybe in a few seasons though, if their still existent that is.

truehibernian
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Albeit Tynecastle is like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show, I would miss their cheeky wee toothless faces if they were relegated. Bottom six would be fine each and every season with the odd sprinkling of derby humpings in our favour. Watching Michael Stewart and Nade is worth the TV licence fee alone surely.......keep em in and enjoy the circus is what I say. And Allan Preston........I think the saying is "Get It Right Royally Wrapped Around You With a Cherry on Top You Yambolino Frontbum" :agree:

tony higgins
03-02-2010, 12:35 AM
G

Hope not.

:greengrin

blackhibee
03-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I suppose it all depends on just how pish they are. Even though we humped Hamilton I still thought they played awright, and had beaten us earlier in the season. I would love to see Hearts relegated, but unfortunately Driver's back and he's a no bad player. It'd be great if it was us that relegated them as well, but as it stands there is virtually no chance of them being in a relegation slot before the split. I still fancy either Falkirk or Killie to go down.

Liberal Hibby
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Their home record is far too good for them to go down - and they're due more home than away fixtures in the run up to the split.

Whether they make the top six is another matter...

--------
03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I suppose it all depends on just how pish they are. Even though we humped Hamilton I still thought they played awright, and had beaten us earlier in the season. I would love to see Hearts relegated, but unfortunately Driver's back and he's a no bad player. It'd be great if it was us that relegated them as well, but as it stands there is virtually no chance of them being in a relegation slot before the split. I still fancy either Falkirk or Killie to go down.

The English Championship doesn't operate a window, does it?

Any chance of wee Driver being picked up by one of their promotion/ play-off hopefuls?

hibbie02
03-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I am beginning to wonder if I have logged into a Hertz website..... or a Celtic one!!!

With so much going our way at the moment, surely we can concentrate on HIBS??? :devil:

***** the Hertz!!!:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Maybe this might help. Have you seen our March fixtures? Should go a long way to deciding how well the season goes. Especially if Feb results for our rivals go our way too.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I think they will but last night's result at Pittodrie was dissapointing due to the fact that if the sheep had won then they would have pushed the yams to 7th...where they belong :agree:

--------
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I think they will but last night's result at Pittodrie was dissapointing due to the fact that if the sheep had won then they would have pushed the yams to 7th...where they belong :agree:

Aye, but it means they're that wee bit closer to the bottom of the League, now.

It all depends on which way you're counting.... :devil:

Jim44
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I am beginning to wonder if I have logged into a Hertz website..... or a Celtic one!!!

With so much going our way at the moment, surely we can concentrate on HIBS??? :devil:

***** the Hertz!!!:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Maybe this might help. Have you seen our March fixtures? Should go a long way to deciding how well the season goes. Especially if Feb results for our rivals go our way too.

Easy now hibbie02, there's only so much self congratulatory back slapping to do before it becomes boring and meaningless. :greengrin Good old schadenfreude is an essential part of supporting football and just think, if we were'nt gloating and laughing at them it would probably be because they were doing well..................long may it last.

--------
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Easy now hibbie02, there's only so much self congratulatory back slapping to do before it becomes boring and meaningless. :greengrin Good old schadenfreude is an essential part of supporting football and just think, if we were'nt gloating and laughing at them it would probably be because they were doing well..................long may it last.

Exactly. I was on the phone to a colleague who follows Celtk last week. Thursday morning in fact.

He said, "I hope you're not on here to gloat about the Celtk result last night?"

I said, "Not at all. Wouldn't think of doing such a thing. What did you think of the Hibs result yesterday evening?"

He hung up..... :rolleyes:

An Leargaidh
03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Good old schadenfreude is an essential part of supporting football...

An appropriate use of a great Germanic word when referring to the Gorgie Lutherans :greengrin :wink: :greengrin :wink: :greengrin

To stick to the thread, I don't think the Yams will fall out the a*se of the SPL this season but who knows what 2010/11 will bring for them. Apparently Ūkio Bankas and several other banks in that part of the world are on a sticky wicket, plus will Vlad get his fangs into JJ and turn him into a "vampire on strings" or will he just sack him like he did with Shabby? A lot of things to contend with, plus the forklift truck repair bills won't stay low forever...:faf:

:nade:

Cammy :devil:

steakbake
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hearts are bad just now but fortunately for them (unfortunately for us), others are worse. It would take a major collapse, I reckon, to see them go down. They are 11 points from the relegation zone. I can see them dropping points, but I can't see where Hamilton and Falkirk might suddenly pick up the pace.

Having said that, last night was a majorly important win for Falkirk, so if they keep it going, it might get right competitive down at the wrong end of the league.

hibbybrian
03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Exactly. I was on the phone to a colleague who follows Celtk last week. Thursday morning in fact.

He said, "I hope you're not on here to gloat about the Celtk result last night?"

I said, "Not at all. Wouldn't think of doing such a thing. What did you think of the Hibs result yesterday evening?"

He hung up..... :rolleyes:

:greengrin :top marks

blackhibee
03-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Hearts are bad just now but fortunately for them (unfortunately for us), others are worse. It would take a major collapse, I reckon, to see them go down. They are 11 points from the relegation zone. I can see them dropping points, but I can't see where Hamilton and Falkirk might suddenly pick up the pace.

Having said that, last night was a majorly important win for Falkirk, so if they keep it going, it might get right competitive down at the wrong end of the league.

Good points, but Hamilton just need to win 1 game and they will go above Falkirk and Killie. they've got games in hand over both of them. Mind you, if they all beat Hearts....!!!

steakbake
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Good points, but Hamilton just need to win 1 game and they will go above Falkirk and Killie. they've got games in hand over both of them. Mind you, if they all beat Hearts....!!!

The dream scenario!

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Up to Vlad and his shareholders on 10th Feb.

steakbake
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Up to Vlad and his shareholders on 10th Feb.

I cant see anything happening there, to be honest. We've been on about this for years now. I also dont fully understand the whole issue about the 10th.

EasterRoad4Ever
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Just 2 weeks ago they had escaped the spectre of relegation and were back to being the self proclaimed "3rd force" having gone 7 undefeated and a minute from a 10 man win at Hunbrox. Then the wheels come off.... bigtime.

I fear they've accumulated enough points to avoid the drop, but now success for them would be top 6.