PDA

View Full Version : Hibs can put the Dons out of the Europa equation (ed: no they can't)

monktonharp
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
with a win against the Dons in the upcoming game at ER,i cant see the Dons recovering enough,to be in the top 4. although they are still in the SC.Who they got in the next round?

FraserHFC
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
with a win against the Dons in the upcoming game at ER,i cant see the Dons recovering enough,to be in the top 4. although they are still in the SC.Who they got in the next round?

They've got Raith away in the cup IIRC

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
5th would get into Europe if the SC final is between two of the top four.

BEEJ
02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Recent results could imply that the Dons are a much tougher proposition just now when they're away from home than when they are at Pittodrie.

So I will be taking nothing for granted come next Wednesday. :coolhib:

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Recent results could imply that the Dons are a much tougher proposition just now when they're away from home than when they are at Pittodrie.

Or they could imply that Hearts are utter crap

MacBean
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM

What recent results would that be?

a 3-0 HOME loss to motherwell
and a 1-0 HOME loss to bottom of the league falkirk!!!???:confused:

Malthibby
02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I think that's what BEEJ meant - we are playing them at Easter Road?:confused:

monktonharp
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
5th would get into Europe if the SC final is between two of the top four.ah well,they'll be above that Gorgie mob anyhoo,so still have a chance. I never brag too much about HFC,but we do have a real chance to put their europa aspirations to bed.

BEEJ
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Or they could imply that Hearts are utter crap
That too. :greengrin

I think that's what BEEJ meant - we are playing them at Easter Road?:confused:
Indeed. Many thanks for interpreting. :aok:

MacBean
02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
That too. :greengrin

Indeed. Many thanks for interpreting. :aok:

im a moron! didnt read the full post...:duck::slipper::doh:

BEEJ
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
im a moron! didnt read the full post...:duck::slipper::doh:
No, like us all you're just overawed by the events of the last couple of weeks.

:thumbsup:

MacBean
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
No, like us all you're just overawed by the events of the last couple of weeks.

:thumbsup:

thats the one!
nail on the head!:top marks

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I was at Pittodrie tonight.

Think back to the worst days under Alex Miller.

Then think of it being a tad worse.

And then that's just about how bad Aberdeen were tonight.

Pish doesn't cover it.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Pish doesn't cover it.

Stuart Lovell was there tonight for Sky and they went to him near the end and he said that Falkirk were by far the better side and actually could have scored three or four tonight.

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 10:22 PM

Pish doesn't cover it.

Aberdeen are where Hibs were under Bobby, having to pitch in / overuse reasonably talented (but inconsistent) kids due to a lack of a pot to piss in for experienced players. Albeit they have a better manager than Hibs did then, ugh, as much as it pains me to give any backhanded compliments to Magoo.

They could be better for it in 2-3 years time though.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Stuart Lovell was there tonight for Sky and they went to him near the end and he said that Falkirk were by far the better side and actually could have scored three or four tonight.

Aye, Falkirk had more than a few chances. The big guy up front for them is a handful and they passed it well at times. Langfield made a superb save at one point. Aberdeen had chances and there was a goal line clearance that was touch and go, looked a goal for me but would have to see it again but Falkirk contained them easily.

Aberdeen are where Hibs were under Bobby, having to pitch in / overuse reasonably talented (but inconsistent) kids due to a lack of a pot to piss in for experienced players. Albeit they have a better manager than Hibs did then, ugh, as much as it pains me to give any backhanded compliments to Magoo.

They could be better for it in 2-3 years time though.

Aye, I'd agree.

Btw, if we thought Hibs fans were tough on the players, should hear the dons fans near the Eberdeen Tunnel, I'd be greeting away if I was one of the players having to put up with that while walking off the pitch!

rainman
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Can't see them being a threat to us TBH.

Could've done with them leap frogging Hearts though.

Hibs07p
03-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Can't see them being a threat to us TBH.

Could've done with them leap frogging Hearts though.

The sheepies can still overtake them with their game in hand and St J can also overtake them if they win 2 of their 3 games in hand. :thumbsup: