PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jim Jefferies: Romanov's puppet, re Goncalves contract (merged)

Monktonhall 7
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know if all the rumours about Gow signing over the road had any truth? Was his agent even in talks with them? They seemed pretty confident yesterday it was a done deal, and took the "wind up" bait at 20.00 last night that he had signed. :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know if all the rumours about Gow signing over the road had any truth? Was his agent even in talks with them? They seemed pretty confident yesterday it was a done deal, and took the "wind up" bait at 20.00 last night that he had signed. :confused:

It was on one or two websites and papers on Sunday and Monday morning that the Yams were interested in Gow. Jefferies was definitely wanting a striker (third link), then changed his mind (fourth link).

:hmmm:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5903697,00.html

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/154457-jefferies-keen-to-strengthen-hearts/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31012010/63/jefferies-weighing-striking-options.html

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-denies-lastditch-bids.6030776.jp

jacomo
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I like how Vlad has wasted absolutely no time in stamping his authority on Jumbo.

Yes he's allowed to sign minimum wage squad fodder (as was Laszlo), but no one above a certain level.

Oh Jefferies what have you done? Are you feeling good about yourself this morning? Stabbed a fellow manager in the back to take his job, and now find that you have very limited authority.

Jim44
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Vlad might be on dodgy ground again and Jeffries by implication - "I talked to him and realised that this man is prepared to fight against the Scottish football mafia to the end." I bet Jeffries is squirming in his shoes at that.

EskbankHibby
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
First team sheet will tell us if backstabber is a complete puppet.

If he does not select Goncalves, who has apparently been their best player this season, it is because he has been told not to by Romanov as Goncalves is in last 6 months of his contract. This would be Romanov DIRECTLY influencing team selection and would confirm our suspicions that Jumbo is indeed a backstabbing puppet.

One thing for certain is that he should cheer up.

ShanksSaidNo
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I think as soon as Jumbo starts to be potreyed in the media as a 'puppet' (which he eventually will as Vlad just cant keep his nose out) he will become increasingly uncomfortable with that tag, causing tension and he'll be oot on his erse before the summer!

It does nothing for your reputation being a yes man as a boss! If Jumbo has aspirations of being a manager for years to come, he doesnt need that on his CV!

As for signing that boy from Ayr.... They couldnt have made a less ambitious statement if they tried!!!

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I think as soon as Jumbo starts to be potreyed in the media as a 'puppet' (which he eventually will as Vlad just cant keep his nose out) he will become increasingly uncomfortable with that tag, causing tension and he'll be oot on his erse before the summer!

It does nothing for your reputation being a yes man as a boss! If Jumbo has aspirations of being a manager for years to come, he doesnt need that on his CV!

As for signing that boy from Ayr.... They couldnt have made a less ambitious statement if they tried!!!

:wink:

Jack
02-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Jumbo has already been quoted as saying he’s only looking for another couple of years as a manager so I don’t think his CV will be of that much interest.

That could work out lots of ways, including the one where he starts having a go at Vlad in the same way as Csaba and he wont care.

With Jumbos jambo pedigree I wonder which way the deluded masses will go when its Jumbo Vs Vlad.

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM

If he does not select Goncalves, who has apparently been their best player this season, it is because he has been told not to by Romanov as Goncalves is in last 6 months of his contract. This would be Romanov DIRECTLY influencing team selection and would confirm our suspicions that Jumbo is indeed a backstabbing puppet.

He was quoted as saying that Goncalces wasn't picked on Saturday as he hadn't signed a deal and could well be leaving in the window. He said that if, as has now happened, he was still here at the end of the window he would be considered for selection. I agree that if he doesn't feature in the next couple of games then Jeffries has been told not to play him.
On our signing, I have no idea if the lad Stevenson is any good or not but, going by what the Ayr fans have been saying he definately has the skill but maybe a bit of an attitude problem so only time will tell.
On the Gow one, I would have quite liked him but Jeffries was quoted as saying he didn't want either Gow or Kyle at this time.

jonty
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Talking of puppets :greengrin

Is the devil and master of all evil (as well as pies) Chris Robinson still a 'consultant' across the road?

poolman
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM

"There's been no move for Alan Gow. Like a lot of clubs, we've been notified he is available but we're looking for a different type of player.

Aye, they found him in Ayr :tee hee:

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Stadium DJs all over the country have a dilemma now. Monkees or O'Jays? :dunno:

Both!

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Talking of puppets :greengrin

Is the devil and master of all evil (as well as pies) Chris Robinson still a 'consultant' across the road?
Nope...he gets into the directors box as an ex-chairman but he doesn't have any other role at Tynecastle (apart from p*****g me off every time I see his mug)

jacomo
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
He was quoted as saying that Goncalces wasn't picked on Saturday as he hadn't signed a deal and could well be leaving in the window. He said that if, as has now happened, he was still here at the end of the window he would be considered for selection. I agree that if he doesn't feature in the next couple of games then Jeffries has been told not to play him.
On our signing, I have no idea if the lad Stevenson is any good or not but, going by what the Ayr fans have been saying he definately has the skill but maybe a bit of an attitude problem so only time will tell.
On the Gow one, I would have quite liked him but Jeffries was quoted as saying he didn't want either Gow or Kyle at this time.

So you take more comfort in the fact that your new manager is blind to your team's obvious weaknesses up front?

Dear me.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Nope...he gets into the directors box as an ex-chairman but he doesn't have any other role at Tynecastle (apart from p*****g me off every time I see his mug)

His business plan would've ensured that Hearts had little or no debt. Seems reasonable. :dunno:

jonty
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
His business plan would've ensured that Hearts had little or no debt. Seems reasonable. :dunno:
:tee hee:

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM

No, it would have meant Hearts out of business (no assets, no ground and paying a large rent to the SRU)

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
So you take more comfort in the fact that your new manager is blind to your team's obvious weaknesses up front?

Dear me.

We have 6 forwards on the books and he obviously thinks that at least 2 of them should be able to score goals given the right service. Now whether Stevenson turns out to be the guy to give that service is another matter; willing to wait and see.

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM
No, it would have meant Hearts out of business (no assets, no ground and paying a large rent to the SRU)

How would you be out of business? You only go out of business if your debt is too big not too small.

Kato
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM

I thought you all liked Chairmen who spend money the club can't afford?

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought you all liked Chairmen who spend money the club can't afford?
He was leaching money out of the club into his pocket.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
He was leaching money out of the club into his pocket.You must be relieved that nothing like that happens anymore now.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM

:faf:

jakedance
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Aye, you can't have that now can you?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2010, 12:25 PM
You must be relieved that nothing like that happens anymore now.

They don't mind full disclosure, Robinson mustn't have made it public.

Mary Hinge
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM

:top marks

:faf::faf::faf:

Jumbo coming back was a masterstroke by Vlad, mini-me and the rest of the lowlifes, as it will keep the fans happy :agree:

Unfortunately the lith regime still prevails .......

shagpile
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM

& Romanov is pumping in millions?

Of course he is. Into his hip pocket.

Hibs On Tour
02-02-2010, 12:37 PM

And where do you think you're heading now with that ****-off pile of debt sitting there? Sheesh - you people cannae see the wood for the trees ya bams! :faf:

Hibs On Tour
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
We have 6 forwards on the books and he obviously thinks that at least 2 of them should be able to score goals given the right service. Now whether Stevenson turns out to be the guy to give that service is another matter; willing to wait and see.

Driver is the only one even worth of the name. The rest? Yer having a giraffe. 9 goals at home all season? Aye right, forwards! :faf:

Hibs On Tour
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM

Don't remember any of those large "registration fees" when he was around... :faf:

Hibs07p
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM

I am right in believing that quote is referring to CR and not VR?
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Woody1985
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM

:top marks :faf:

MB62
02-02-2010, 01:11 PM

DF, You have had these same six forwards all season. I'm not even sure who are talking about but will have a stab at it

Nade,
Elliott
Moles,
Witteveen
Smith
A.N. Other (apologies, can't remember the name of the guy who scored against Der Hun)

None of the first four could ever be considered as strikers who will suddenly under Jeffries, solve the problem that you have had all season. The other two laddies might come good but it is totally unreasonable and unfair on them to expect them all of a sudden be the answer and start banging in goals.
Jumbo didn't exactly have Killie scoring barrow loads of goals, they've actually scored less than you, and given the fact Hearts defence is actually what has got you in the position you are in, I don't see now what he can do to turn things around this season.

Unless he has a magic wand that is going to turn Nade into prolific goalscorer?

Steve20
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Actually, what backstabbing Jefferies said was that he didn't think either would be signing for Hearts before the end of the window. He never said he didn't want them.

Kato
02-02-2010, 01:29 PM

What about the Lithuanian Leeches he allowed in - they must really, really piss you off.

ian cruise
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
DF, You have had these same six forwards all season. I'm not even sure who are talking about but will have a stab at it

Nade,
Elliott
Moles,
Witteveen
Smith
A.N. Other (apologies, can't remember the name of the guy who scored against Der Hun)

None of the first four could ever be considered as strikers who will suddenly under Jeffries, solve the problem that you have had all season. The other two laddies might come good but it is totally unreasonable and unfair on them to expect them all of a sudden be the answer and start banging in goals.
Jumbo didn't exactly have Killie scoring barrow loads of goals, they've actually scored less than you, and given the fact Hearts defence is actually what has got you in the position you are in, I don't see now what he can do to turn things around this season.

Unless he has a magic wand that is going to turn Nade into prolific goalscorer?

they have the young boy robinson. i guess he's tapped kyle up before he left kilmarnock so he moves for a free in the summer however kyle has proved himself to be over rated. scores against bottom six teams but hes not exactly prolific. hes certainly no better than anything we have and id probably include byrne in that as well, though granted we've not seen alot of the boy. kyle is a poor mans colin nish

BSEJVT
02-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Dipped.

I have no way of knowing whether that was the case or not, you clearly believe it to be so, so it probably was.

But FFS man, you honestly cant be serious in preferring what you have become to what you were?

If you do then I am seriously worried, if Vlad can get all of you guys to swallow all you have then if he could bottle it, he could take over the world.

Vlad is ripping you guys a new one every other week and occasionally throws you a bone and all you can say is am prepared to give it time?

You could have Kaka Ronaldo Messi & Miller:greengrin in Hearts midfield and the first 4 strikers named earlier in this thread could score in a barrel of fannies.

I really hate Hearts, but it almost saddens me how meekly you have all rolled over.

Almost:devil:

Bearders
02-02-2010, 02:32 PM
whether Stevenson turns out to be the guy to give that service is another matter; willing to wait and see.

Plum, you have no choice.:faf:

Dipped flake
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Dipped.

I have no way of knowing whether that was the case or not, you clearly believe it to be so, so it probably was.
He was taking well over £100,000 annual salary while on the board at Hearts

But FFS man, you honestly cant be serious in preferring what you have become to what you were? Yes I do because my club is still here. I honestly believe that if we had sold Tynecastle and rented Murrayfield the club would have folded (albeit to start again as FC Hearts or something)
If you do then I am seriously worried, if Vlad can get all of you guys to swallow all you have then if he could bottle it, he could take over the world.

Vlad is ripping you guys a new one every other week and occasionally throws you a bone and all you can say is am prepared to give it time?
In what way?? Vlad has stated for the last couple of years that we will be concentrating on bringing through youth players and the days of spending big money on transfers/salaries are gone. Most Hearts fans accept that there is no other way for our club to go.
You could have Kaka Ronaldo Messi & Miller:greengrin in Hearts midfield and the first 4 strikers named earlier in this thread could score in a barrel of fannies.

I really hate Hearts, but it almost saddens me how meekly you have all rolled over.

Almost:devil:

The 6 forwards I was talking about were
Nade (skilful but obviously huge problems with his fitness)
Robinson, potential is there but needs more time
Elliott, If he can stay fit he will score goals
Glen, has already shown he can score but has hardly played this season
Smith, too early to say with him
Wittenveen, tries but can't see him ever making it in the SPL

I have to admit that your forward options are better than ours at the moment but most of ours have time on their side to show what they can do

Phil D. Rolls
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I can understand that. Didn't he get you into so much debt that you were going to have to leave Tynecastle?

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 02:51 PM

:faf::faf: Of course has was, can you be more specific? FWIW, regarding Jumbo, i dont think he gives a toss if he can sign anyone or not. He'd topping his pension up at the bus shelter. He's in a win win situation. He gets more out the duds, he's a hero, he gets the same, its shabba's team, and his hands are tied behind his back. He is happy, he gets the same wages either way, and even a big pay off when he's sacked too. Win win.

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Column A: Chief Executive of publicly listed company paid £100,000pa, a figure publicly and transparently disclosed each year in timely accounts. Said chief executive could have been removed from that position at any time by the other shareholders (McGrail, SMG, Deans, the Jambo masses), as the CEO only owned ~20% of the club.

Column B: Majority shareholder of private company who takes no salary, but the club spends millions each year on "registration fees", little of which is publicly accounted for. The accounts are published late(r) each year and these amounts are not publicly broken down or disclosed. Suspicion is that most of these fees were paid to a Lithuanian club coincidentally owned in full by the majority shareholder.

Which one do you think is the more deserving of reproach or investigation?

:rolleyes:

I have to admit that your forward options are better than ours at the moment but most of ours have time on their side to show what they can do

Stokes 21
Riordan 27 (birthday 2 weeks ago)
Nish 28
Gow 27
Benji 25 (birthday last week)
Byrne 19

Dinosaurs one and all, right enough

bingo70
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Never at any point has Callum Elliot ever looked like he was going to be able to score goals. I don't care how much time he's got on his side, the boy is absolutely pish.

EskbankHibby
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
:faf::faf: Of course has was, can you be more specific? FWIW, regarding Jumbo, i dont think he gives a toss if he can sign anyone or not. He'd topping his pension up at the bus shelter. He's in a win win situation. He gets more out the duds, he's a hero, he gets the same, its shabba's team, and his hands are tied behind his back. He is happy, he gets the same wages either way, and even a big pay off when he's sacked too. Win win.

You sure about that BH? :greengrin

Been a wee while since the last hitch/glitch right enough.

BSEJVT
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Thorburn1
Dipped.

He was your chief Exec who had most of his money tied up in Hearts, did you expect him to do it for nothing?

Setting aside all the registration fees nonsense and even the interest charges caused by Vlad's shoot for the moon policy, exactly how much do you think the Lith loonies have taken you for?

Let alone how much you have wasted away in early sackings / confidentiality payments

But FFS man, you honestly cant be serious in preferring what you have become to what you were?

Yes I do because my club is still here. I honestly believe that if we had sold Tynecastle and rented Murrayfield the club would have folded (albeit to start again as FC Hearts or something)

But you are an absolute laughing stock, despised by nearly one and all, if you had taken your medicine from the Pieman and lets not forget Jeffries role in this and their profligacy with cash, you may have kept some dignity, got some support.

When the car crash comes this time it will be even more painful and the medicine less tasteful

Vlad is ripping you guys a new one every other week and occasionally throws you a bone and all you can say is I am prepared to give it time?

In what way?? Vlad has stated for the last couple of years that we will be concentrating on bringing through youth players and the days of spending big money on transfers/salaries are gone. Most Hearts fans accept that there is no other way for our club to go.

Because if he hadnt been such an arse earlier on and wasted monies on the likes of Beslija and too many other nonentities to mention, then maybe you could have adopted a model like Hibs with sustainable growth.

The hearts version is like saving up for a year to bed a supermodel and then soiling your pants on the way up the stairs to bed

You could have Kaka Ronaldo Messi & Miller in Hearts midfield and none of the first 4 strikers named earlier in this thread could score in a barrel of fannies.

Almost

Dipped,

I really admire you for the defence of your club but excusing Smith & Robinson who as you say need time, the other 4 clowns are arguably the worst bunch in the SPL.

I honestly doubt if combined they have scored as many career SPL goals as Stokes

To be honest its ceasing to be fun ripping you guys, its like picking on the slow boy in the class.

The one thing that comes out loud and clear is how far you guys now realise you have fallen and how much further you know you have to go.

Bring it on.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd imagine most people who are in the same job as Robinson was, would take a wage. Why would he be different? Although the present man is taking nothing they tell me. :faf::faf:

Woody1985
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM

What he actually said was that there is no point in trying to compete anymore so he'd be looking to develop youngsters.

The money will then go straight in his tail when they're sold.

mjhibby
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Im afraid thats not what he said.He said he didnt think kyle would now move and gow we would have to wait and see.Nade for another 3 years though superb.Before jumbos time i know but how much will that pee him off.

EskbankHibby
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM

No Goncalves tonight, must be injured do you think?

Either that or JJ is yet another Patsy sacrificing his managerial integrity for a few bucks. Already done that by stabbing the previous manager in the back i suppose but he is a Hearts legend so everything will be alright.

The_Todd
02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I just can't wait to see the fallout when JJ remembers he's a real boy, asks Vlad for a striker and ends up with a P45 and a confidentiality agreement delivered to him with his newspapers one morning.

I have no doubt the Hearts support with side with Vlad at the time.

Meanwhile live footage from Fir Park where JJ and Vlad are discussing tactics and substitutions:

http://blog.bearstrong.net/max256/uploaded_images/Pinocchio-and-Stromboli---Disney-1940-734923.jpg

Phil D. Rolls
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I just can't wait to see the fallout when JJ remembers he's a real boy, asks Vlad for a striker and ends up with a P45 and a confidentiality agreement delivered to him with his newspapers one morning.

I have no doubt the Hearts support with side with Vlad at the time.

Meanwhile live footage from Fir Park where JJ and Vlad are discussing tactics and substitutions:

http://blog.bearstrong.net/max256/uploaded_images/Pinocchio-and-Stromboli---Disney-1940-734923.jpg

The sad thing is that the majority of the inhabitants of Pleasure Island don't realise that they have already turned into asses.

bighairyfaeleith
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Thorburn1
To be honest its ceasing to be fun ripping you guys, its like picking on the slow boy in the class.
[/B]

BSEJVT
02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Dipped,

If you and the rest of the guys could get on with the Vlad worshipping asap I would be grateful, some of us are waiting to pay homage as well.

Tell him from me it was a great idea to change managers a few days before a semi final and destroy any togetherness the team had accidently built up after years of trying.

Tell him also that my team of transit vans will be around to pick up this years cardboard boxes simulating a planning application the week before your season tickets go on sale.

Tell him also that it would probably be cheaper to give you all a biscuit to get your tails wagging again. It works for my dog!

Spineless gutless fannies the lot of you.

DaveF
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Tell him also that it would probably be cheaper to give you all a biscuit to get your tails wagging again. It works for my dog!

:faf: :faf: :faf:

blackhibee
02-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I've only just stopped laughing. What was all this stuff about Goncalves? Sportsound suggested that he wasn't playing because he's refused to sign a new contract.

Emerald
02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
What lot of total pi$$ he is talking. They were outplayed but it was the pitch and a wonder strike that beat them. To$$er :grr:

WarringtonHibee
02-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Saying they couldn't play "silky football" :faf:

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Jefferies conclusively proving that he is Romanov's puppet with what he said on RS re Goncalves.

"I don't want to work with players who don't want to be here".

Anyone want to dig up previous examples of him using players who were out of contract and wouldn't sign a new deal?

Paul Ritchie?
Davie Weir?

What a complete trumpet. Destroying what credibility and dignity he had built up over 40 years in the space of a week.

:agree:

truehibernian
02-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Goncalves = best player this season yet Jumbo "doesn't want him in the side if he doesn't want to be here"............I sense a wee Sandie Shaw momento coming.......................YouTube - Sandie Shaw - Puppet On A String (1967) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrs8CgpH980) :faf:

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM
What lot of total pi$$ he is talking. They were outplayed but it was the pitch and a wonder strike that beat them. To$$er :grr:

Saying they couldn't play "silky football" :faf:

Is Jumboid just brazenly taking the pish oot Mr Romanov, Hertz and the yams?

:singing: Ah ah ah ah ah ah wonder if one day that you'll say that you care :singing:

Emerald
02-02-2010, 10:27 PM
:lurksub::jamboclow:ostrich::faf:

Jim44
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Jumbo J has just told Radio Scotland that Jose Goncalves has told him he no longer wants to stay at the PBS. I don't think he got a game tonight.

Baader
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Jumbo J has just told Radio Scotland that Jose Goncalves has told him he no longer wants to stay at the PBS

Bet Jumbo is thinking the same now! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I've only just stopped laughing. What was all this stuff about Goncalves? Sportsound suggested that he wasn't playing because he's refused to sign a new contract.

Very diplomatic there :greengrin

Alan Preston was very close to tears when explaining that Goncalves had been dropped because he'd not signed a new contract. Richard Gordon asks who would have made such a decision? Preston sobs "Guess" and then in chimes Charlie Mann "Wouldn't be the first time Richard"

Now I find that all quite funny for a couple of reasons......

1. Preston's crocodile tears at Hearts being so gash

2. Charlie Mann, who had exclusive tonguing rights to the Admiral's rear suddenly deciding to spill the beans!

BEEJ
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Must be crushingly depressing to be a Yam at the moment. Season over .... no new signings of note ... nothing to look forward to .... increasing financial uncertainty .....

... just utterly, utterly miserable and desperate. :brokenyam:

Personally, I'm loving every minute of it. :greengrin

Cheers, Vlad! :thumbsup:

IndieHibby
02-02-2010, 10:41 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71538 (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71538)

Brilliant stuff:

HillmanHearts (http://www.hibs.net/message/member.php?u=1591)

But happy to steal the 12K a week in the meantime ?

And was he happy to take it for the last three years while doing **** all !

Oh - Sorry forgot about the decent perfprmances in the last 4 months when he was playing for a move !

How many wage thiefs can one club have ?? :faf: :lolyam:

sixtwo
02-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Vlad has done this several times before. Other managers have made excuses for leaving a player out hence the new ailment 'vlad flu'.

Jefferies did not make excuses. He went a step further. He stooped so low to pretend it was his descision! The cheeky fat loser claimed that he only wanted to focus on and work with players who are commited to the club!

Who are you kidding you fat piece of muck!?

If you stayed at killie and Kevin Kyle refused to comit his future to killie, would you have insisted he was dropped?

Exactly! You are a fat mercenary tool!

Remember mr jefferies. You played in the game that is etched in every hibees memory 0-7!:thumbsup:
You manage a hearts team that were humiliated 6-2 by the cabbage!:thumbsup:

You were in charge at killie when we stormed to a 5-1 league cup win at hampden!

jj should be the new hibs mascot!:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Mikey Stewart is out of contract at the end of the season and there is no indication yet of him signing a new deal. Is Jumbo going to drop him as well?

Oh, silly me, Vlad hasn't told Jumbo to bin him yet.

BEEJ
02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Mikey Stewart is out of contract at the end of the season and there is no indication yet of him signing a new deal. Is Jumbo going to drop him as well?

Oh, silly me, Vlad hasn't told Jumbo to bin him yet.
I believe The Strop is suspended for the next two matches, so not a decision JJ has to make right away.

:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Jefferies conclusively proving that he is Romanov's puppet with what he said on RS re Goncalves.

Anyone want to dig up previous examples of him using players who were out of contract and wouldn't sign a new deal?

Paul Ritchie?
Davie Weir?

Pretty sure he chucked Ritchie in the reserves.

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure he chucked Ritchie in the reserves.

He was loaned to Bolton for the last six months of his Hearts deal

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=9201

Weir was sold for a small fee in Feb 1999 (his contract was due to expire in the summer).

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=8994

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Gary McDonald (now at the Sheep) (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=26387) left Killie in 2006 (then managed by Jefferies) to sign for Oldham on a Bosman. He played for Killie until the end of the 05/06 season, mainly as a sub.

Ditto Graeme Smith (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=26787) (now at Saint J's) in 2007.

Jefferies does have a history of selling / moving players in the latter stages of their contracts rather than "lose them for nothing":

Weir, Ritchie, Kris Boyd, Colin Nish (!).

hibs0666

89 career starts, 95 substitute appearances, 22 goals. Skilful?? :thumbsup:

Pure blind hope. It's probably all there is to cling onto own at the Tincastle these days. At least until the new stand is finished.

52 career starts for the yams, 47 subs appearances, 25 goals. Should be good enough to get 10 goals a season when on form. A talent of Billy Mehmet proportions.

Was good enough to be brought in as a ringer for the yams U19 team last season, and was found out by better, younger players. Will be become a Cowdenbeath legend in the fullness of time.

You can only hope, even if only for his name, that he gets out of that shambles of a club before he gets dragged down to Elliot levels.

Should never, ever, have ever got a sniff of football at this level.

I have to admit that your forward options are better than ours at the moment

No **** Sherlock

but most of ours have time on their side to show what they can do

Plenty of time, it's the lack of any genuine ability that will probably see their careers stall.

Danderhall Hibs
He was loaned to Bolton for the last six months of his Hearts deal

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=9201

Weir was sold for a small fee in Feb 1999 (his contract was due to expire in the summer).

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=8994

There was a lot of moaning about it in the papers IIRC. Obviously back then they coud sell/loan after January 31 so that's how he could get rid.

Jefferies has a bit of a track record for launching boys out of the 1st team if they don't sign. He never done it at Killie with Kyle though.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM

Paul Ritchie?
Davie Weir?

What a complete trumpet. Destroying what credibility and dignity he had built up over 40 years in the space of a week.

Kyle.

PC Stamp
02-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Dipped.

The hearts version is like saving up for a year to bed a supermodel and then soiling your pants on the way up the stairs to bed

A quite magnificent description!! :faf: :applause:

Hibbyradge
02-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Alan Preston was very close to tears when explaining that Goncalves had been dropped because he'd not signed a new contract. Richard Gordon asks who would have made such a decision? Preston sobs "Guess" and then in chimes Charlie Mann "Wouldn't be the first time Richard"

Now I find that all quite funny for a couple of reasons......

1. Preston's crocodile tears at Hearts being so gash

2. Charlie Mann, who had exclusive tonguing rights to the Admiral's rear suddenly deciding to spill the beans!

Seriously? On Radio Scotland?

Jonnyboy
02-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Seriously? On Radio Scotland?

Indeed. I was quite taken aback to be honest

new malkyhib
02-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Sheeshh John...too much powerful mental imagery there pal!!!!

It's put me off my midnight cocoa John...hope you're pleased with yourself!

Malkie:greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Sheeshh John...too much powerful mental imagery there pal!!!!

It's put me off my midnight cocoa John...hope you're pleased with yourself!

Malkie:greengrin

:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
03-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Seriously Dipped, you need to take some pill to counter-act whatever trippy drugs you've been dropping. I know we all [myself included] rip the proverbial out of you lot all the time [as you do to us] but FFS man are you *seriously* trying to suggest that you actually do believe the nonsense that Vlad throws out of his window to you lot?

He has been systematically bleeding your club dry from day 1 - your debt has not 'gone away', its just been put into a different box. Ultimately, your club is worth less, saddled with far more debt and with far less assets than when he took it over. Somewhere down the line it *will* come crashing and burning around your ears in exactly the same way you seem to think you have avoided by binning the pieman. He would have stuffed you yes, but ultimately I think selling Tynie and playing at Murrayfield would have kept you going. Can't see that you have the same 'get out' options available to you now. It will indeed be FC Hearts up at Saughton Enclosure.

All that pish about you now having to opt for youth is just flannel to keep you all thinking that not spending on the team is now somehow 'part of the plan' instead of it being a big red flag that even Vlad no longer has complete independance of what he can do in the way of juggling his funds around UKIO/UBIG/HOMFC/whatever any more.

Think the best bit is that you lot are almost falling over yourselves to invent ever more ludicrous excuses for the guy who is killing your club instead of having the stones to man up and at least try to do something about it.

Be careful what you wish for...

matty_f
03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Jumbo Jim asks 'Can I play Jose?', the man from del Madhouse says 'No'!

The Yams would have had a much better chance of going through had Goncalves played. Another mental decision from Vlad in a seemingly never ended list of mental decisions, all made to make us laugh.

bighairyfaeleith
03-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Jumbo in spineless shocker in todays sun

Jefferies revealed stopper Jose Goncalves Hearts' career is OVER after the defender - who is refusing to sign a new deal - was left out of the squad.

He insisted: "I only want players who are committed to this club."

How much are they paying goncalves to sit on the bench???????

I hope the hearts fans appreciate this gesture when they get relegated

machibby
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
What a complete joke jumbo is. Wonder is he would agree with eddie may if he refused to play barr now he's on a precontract. Didn't take him long to work out where the fax machine is.

brog
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm actually a bit surprised by this, one thing no one can doubt is the mad one's financial acumen, on behalf of himself of course, not Yams. He realised top money for Spotty, Berra & Bednar. By not playing Goncalves he destroys any chance he has of getting a fee for him, albeit his only hope now is Russia or some other place with a different window. It wouldn't surprise me to find that Goncalves gets suspended or something to that effect & Yams announce they're not paying his wages, breach of contract etc.
All fun & games at the Comedy Pink Palace!!

Sergey
03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm actually a bit surprised by this, one thing no one can doubt is the mad one's financial acumen, on behalf of himself of course, not Yams. He realised top money for Spotty, Berra & Bednar. By not playing Goncalves he destroys any chance he has of getting a fee for him, albeit his only hope now is Russia or some other place with a different window. It wouldn't surprise me to find that Goncalves gets suspended or something to that effect & Yams announce they're not paying his wages, breach of contract etc.

As an aside, after the barney in the tunnel at Hamilton a few weeks ago, the Yams fined several players for their involvement. It then transpired that the players aren't represented by the official players union and had no line of appeal.

Mikey
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Jumbo in spineless shocker in todays sun

Jefferies revealed stopper Jose Goncalves Hearts' career is OVER after the defender - who is refusing to sign a new deal - was left out of the squad.

He insisted: "I only want players who are committed to this club."

How much are they paying goncalves to sit on the bench???????

I hope the hearts fans appreciate this gesture when they get relegated

Michael Stewart shouldn't play for the club again either then :wink:

hibhib7
03-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Can he stand up to them? The Scottish ones - maybe. The Russian Mafia - he's already thrown the towel in! Wise man.

bawheid
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
He's a backstabbing puppet. 40 years of footballing credibility flushed down the toilet in one week.

hibbie02
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM

Maybe a cheeky wee Pre-Contract offer might be in order........... :cool2:

s.a.m
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I think that he might have misunderstood the nature of the task that Mr Romanov has set him. He's attacking the wrong target......

MSK
03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Anyone got a link to what is being discussed ..:confused:

jacomo
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
What a complete joke jumbo is. Wonder is he would agree with eddie may if he refused to play barr now he's on a precontract. Didn't take him long to work out where the fax machine is.

I thought I heard a beeping noise at Jumbo's first press conference.

Bad Martini
03-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I honestly thought, putting aside his yamisims and his crass stupidity with things he said about us (when at Hearts, he didn't do it when he left), he had more class and more self respect.

Amazing what folk will dae when on the dole and needing a joab.....

That said, wee Jim was involved in two of our finest footballing victories as player and manager...and he had a hand in a less than insignificant drubbing in a cup final....so, he's a good wee omen to have (if he's no on yer team) :devil::devil:

Hibs07p
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I did a google search for Jim Jeffries and this came up,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB329GB329&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Jim+Jeffries

turns out he's a comedian, quite funny at that.

But a comedian in charge of Hearts, the Comedy Club. It's like having the patients in charge of the asylum, or is that Vlad's job. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
03-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I did a google search for Jim Jeffries and this came up,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB329GB329&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Jim+Jeffries

But a comedian in charge of Hearts, the Comedy Club. It's like having the patients in charge of the asylum, or is that Vlad's job. :greengrin

Jumbo has an extra e in his surname.

Hibs07p
03-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Jumbo has an extra e in his surname.

I did a google search for Jim Jefferies and this came up,

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB329GB329&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Jim+Jefferies

But a comedian in charge of Hearts, the Comedy Club. It's like having the patients in charge of the asylum, or is that Vlad's job. :greengrin:greengrin

Monktonhall 7
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Question: Is Jumbo Vlads puppet? After last nights team selection, and todays revelations about Jose G, the Answer is a resounding - YES :thumbsup:

truehibernian
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson - Knows his best player Ronaldo is hankering to leave Man Utd.......plays him because he is their best player !

Martin O'Neill - Knows he cannot persuade Larsson to stay, yet plays him, knowing that he by far the best goal scorer in the team.

Walter Smith - Knows Kris Boyd has an improved offer on the table unsigned and a player non-commital, yet plays the top scorer in the SPL anyway.

Jumbo Jeffries - Best defender in the team sits in stand, manager cuts his nose off to spite his face (on the orders of the all powerful owner)............that's top class management for you eh and exactly why he has never hit the managerial heights. He is another Pinnochio, Vlad is Gepeto. I will give him until summer and then the trouble will flare. Hearts are, and always will be, a complete and utter joke :faf: And JJ - here is a wee question for you........why are you playing Nade, who has gone public recently stating his agent is actively looking at offers from other clubs and leagues ? http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_5843751,00.html (http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_5843751,00.html)

Mind, keep playing him anyway cos he is fantastic :faf:

matty_f
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
There's been a fair bit of chat on knockedout about Jefferies lying to the fans. That's a good start to his time there.:greengrin

HibeeB
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
The sad thing is that the majority of the inhabitants of Pleasure Island don't realise that they have already turned into asses.

Have a cigar;

http://www.qdref.org/images/pinocchio.gif

BSEJVT
03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Interesting Interview with Yogi on Hibs Interactive.

He had asked Billy Brown to go in for a couple of days IIRC at the start of last week.

Brown had agreed, then phoned up to say he couldnt as he had something personal to deal with.

Lo and behold, Jumbo is appointed on the Friday

So it was in the works from the previous week and Jumbo is a confirmed liar

PaulSmith
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1868_5916452,00.html?

Gow tells us the truth whereas the PR machine at Hearts tells us something different, can they just admit the truth the same way as Hughes did with Barr?

truehibernian
03-02-2010, 07:03 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-denies-lastditch-bids.6030776.jp (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-boss-denies-lastditch-bids.6030776.jp)

:fibber:

degenerated
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM

He had asked Billy Brown to go in for a couple of days IIRC at the start of last week.

Brown had agreed, then phoned up to say he couldnt as he had something personal to deal with.

and before all of that they offered it to John Collins and he turned them down

Jim44
03-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Some of the Jambos are not happy about Brown being appointed.

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
If he's Romanov's puppet, with Vlad's hand up his backside, is he still in a better position than Paul Hartley?

jacomo
03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
and before all of that they offered it to John Collins and he turned them down

Some of the Jambos are not happy about Brown being appointed.

This is amazing stuff if true. They don't like Jumbo's right hand man because he's a hobo, yet the club offered the job to the man who (rightly) called them a pub team?

jacomo
03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
If he's Romanov's puppet, with Vlad's hand up his backside, is he still in a better position than Paul Hartley?

Paul Hartley probably thought he was doing fine until he saw Jumbo's leering mug staring at him.

Nailrod
04-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Interesting article in today's Scotsman in which Jumbo goes to great lengths to state categorically in public that Gonclaves isn't being played at the moment in order to force him into signing a new contract by ruining his prospects of getting into the Portugese World Cup squad. This passage is particularly revealing:
"He has a chance of getting into the Portugal squad for the World Cup finals so what would you do?" Jefferies said. "I would chap on my door and say I want to stay here, there's my commitment, and I'll go and be a good player for you because it will help me get to the World Cup..."I wonder when what passes for the Jongleurs legal advisors will wake up to the fact that it's not legal to blackmail a player into signing a new contract, and not clever to go boasting about it in the media.And I wonder when what passes for the Scottish football media will wake up to the fact that there's a bit of a story here.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2010, 06:17 AM
That's unbelievable. It's tantamount to bullying and you're right, any half decent lawyer would have a field day. Behaviour like that is hardly going to attract the any to sign. Not that if really has a chance to play for Portugal in the summer anyway.

Auckland Hibs
04-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Interesting article in today's Scotsman in which Jumbo goes to great lengths to state categorically in public that Gonclaves isn't being played at the moment in order to force him into signing a new contract by ruining his prospects of getting into the Portugese World Cup squad. This passage is particularly revealing:I wonder when what passes for the Jongleurs legal advisors will wake up to the fact that it's not legal to blackmail a player into signing a new contract, and not clever to go boasting about it in the media.And I wonder when what passes for the Scottish football media will wake up to the fact that there's a bit of a story here.

It's completely unacceptable, but I'm sure it happens at most clubs in some capacity or another -it's not like the Yams are refusing to pay his wages because he wants to leave, regardless of wether he takes the field or not he will be collecting circa £5k a week (it's a hard life :yawn:).

However, it's still a ****ing disgrace that Cheer Up has gone to the media with the club's stance.

P.S IMO Gonclaves has no chance of going to the world cup with Portugal and I'm quite sure he's aware that his chances are very slim.

:notworthy:

Sprouleflyer
04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
It's completely unacceptable, but I'm sure it happens at most clubs in some capacity or another -it's not like the Yams are refusing to pay his wages because he wants to leave, regardless of wether he takes the field or not he will be collecting circa £5k a week (it's a hard life :yawn:).

However, it's still a ****ing disgrace that Cheer Up has gone to the media with the club's stance.

P.S IMO Gonclaves has no chance of going to the world cup with Portugal and I'm quite sure he's aware that his chances are very slim.
:notworthy:

:agree: And certainly not worth signing another contract with that mob.

Jim44
04-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind. The tubby one can scarcely afford to pick and choose at the moment. Mind you, it's probably part of Vlad's cunning plan.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Vlad's paranoia comes to the fore again.

CheerUpJimmyBackstabber only wants players who are committed to Hearts.....in that case, why did he select a full-team against St Mirren then because only three or four of them care a jot about the club.

Why are Nade and Stewart still getting a game when they are out of contract at the end of the season? Oh, I get it, it's because Goncalves is the only player they can make money out of so because he won't sign a new deal, they banish him to the stands and don't give a toss about wrecking his World Cup hopes and stunting his development as a footballer.

Personally, Goncalves would undoubtedly try harder than any other mercenary in their team as with 6 months of his contract to go, he'd be busting a gut to perform to his highest standard every single game to attract potential suitors. End result - Goncalves plays an absolute blinder and gets rewarded handsomely whilst Hearts benefit from a good player playing brilliantly before he leaves.

Leaving him out and making an example of him doesn't benefit Hearts or the player, not one bit.

And they wonder why nobody will sign for them?

How the Hearts fans must be praying for the day they are run like a proper club again........

EskbankHibby
04-02-2010, 08:02 AM
The pink faithful are now painting Goncalves as the devil in all of this.....as opposed to a man who is just honouring his contract. "he is just another Judas Webster, sorry Whebster".

Backstabber Jumbo is extremely happy to toe the party line and sacrifice any shred of integrity he had left.

The real irony is that if they do manage to bully him into signing a contract extension they are trying to "cash in" on an asset but it goes straight into Vlad's back pocket and Hearts see nowt.

The man is a genius.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Why are Nade and Stewart still getting a game when they are out of contract at the end of the season?

I think it's because they've lied and said that they'd be happy to stay and will look at the new contract on offer, whereas Goncalves has been honest.

Hearts don't want to hear honesty - the club's riddled with liars.

RickyS
04-02-2010, 09:13 AM
The pink faithful are now painting Goncalves as the devil in all of this.....as opposed to a man who is just honouring his contract. "he is just another Judas Webster, sorry Whebster".

Backstabber Jumbo is extremely happy to toe the party line and sacrifice any shred of integrity he had left.

The real irony is that if they do manage to bully him into signing a contract extension they are trying to "cash in" on an asset but it goes straight into Vlad's back pocket and Hearts see nowt.

The man is a genius.

If I was Yogi, I would pick up the phone to Darren Barr, play the laughing policeman ringtone doon the phone, give a loud "HIBEES" and hang up:jamboak:

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Robertson also suspects that Jumbo is Vlad's puppet (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2837908/You-have-let-your-Hearts-rule-your-head-Jim.html)

That Goncalves was nowhere to be seen - just like last weekend - said it all about a situation I believe is more of Vladimir Romanov's making than Jim Jefferies'.

My reading of a desperately disappointing issue is that Jim's been told by Romanov to no longer pick Goncalves because he's made it clear he'll be leaving Tynecastle.

Anywhere else and I'm sure Jim would've bluntly told the main man to butt out and leave team selection to him.

But this is Hearts we're talking about and the club means everything to Jim.

I'm convinced that when he was told Goncalves was to be ignored he was happy to compromise principles that normally would be absolutely non-negotiable.

Leithenhibby
04-02-2010, 09:25 AM
I think it's because they've lied and said that they'd be happy to stay and will look at the new contract on offer, whereas Goncalves has been honest.

Now that makes sense to me...too honest José Gonçalves..:agree:

What a bunch of lowlife.:cool2:

EskbankHibby
04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
If I was Yogi, I would pick up the phone to Darren Barr, play the laughing policeman ringtone doon the phone, give a loud "HIBEES" and hang up:jamboak:

Darren Barr should be looking at the Goncalves situation and keeking himself.

He will now know that if he plays well and gets into the final year of his contract Nookie Bear wont pick him unless he signs an extension (as decreed by Lithuania's Roger De Courcey).

What a situation for a club to get into, new recruits practically discouraged from performing on the park lest they enter the final year of their contract in good form as they may be forced out of the game.

matty_f
04-02-2010, 09:37 AM

From top to bottom that club has a culture of lying.

As for Goncalves, that's bsaically putting a gun to his head and telling him to sign. Totally unacceptable in this day and age, and if he's got any sense he'd leave asap.

MB62
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM

From top to bottom that club has a culture of lying.

As for Goncalves, that's bsaically putting a gun to his head and telling him to sign. Totally unacceptable in this day and age, and if he's got any sense he'd leave asap.

Or stay until the very last day of his contract, screw them for his weekly/monthly salary, then walk away and leave them for nothing.

matty_f
04-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Or stay until the very last day of his contract, screw them for his weekly/monthly salary, then walk away and leave them for nothing.

Yeah - he's contracted to them, so that is as soon as possible.:wink::greengrin

down the slope
04-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Jumbo is two faced here as he should not have played Big Kyle at Killie as he is in the last six months of his contract-did he ? you bet he did, Jumbo is Vlad's puppet.

johnrebus
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Even for a Jambo bawbag, JJ and his antics have still taken me aback.

He has a direct order from the Mad One not to play Concalves and is desperately trying to justify his situation by turning it around on the player.

JJ hasn't even been in the job a week yet has probably already destroyed any reputation he has built up in Scottish fiba over the last thirty odd years.

You just couldn't make this stuff up.

:jamboak:

Mikey
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Robertson needs to watch his back. Talking like that will soon turn the hordes against him.

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
From top to bottom, a horrid little club. JJ's only been in the job 6 days and he's back-stabbed, lied and bullied his way in the Yam's affections. Weasel.

The_Todd
04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Robertson needs to watch his back. Talking like that will soon turn the hordes against him.

Jhohn Rhoberston? He's nothing more than a part of the Hobo Chonsphiracy, I tells ya.

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM

If he posted that on kickback, Robbo would be outed as a hobo

Oh aye, I ken his brother

I saw him in the Hibs end a few times

:rolleyes:

Nailrod
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM

The issue isn' t that it's unacceptable, but that it's illegal. It amounts to a clear breach of contract.

As far as I can see Goncalves has met all the terms of his contract scrupulously, while by their actions Jongleurs are depriving him of his opportunity to get into the Portugal squad, the opportunity to earn appearance fees, the opportunity to earn win bonuses (:faf:), but most relevantly from a legal point of view the opportunity to enhance his value with his next club by playing to the best of his ability for the Jongleurs.

It certainly happens all the time, but generally a player would be told it's for 'football reasons'. In principle he might still have a claim against the club, but a lawyer would advise that it would be impossible to prove so not worth pursuing.

Where the jongleurs have shown their genius is in going to the media and eliminating any possible defence of 'football reasons' by specifying that it's in order to blackmail him into signing a new contract.

Even if he did sign a new contract as far as I can see it would be unenforceable under Scots Law as he would have a clear case that he was forced into signing the contract under duress. I also think he could walk out of Tiny now on the basis that Jongleurs are in fundamental breach of contract, although that is probably not the best option as it could drag him into a messy court case. Better to stay and take the money while he looks for a new deal.

In any case, if I was Goncalves' agent or lawyer I would be licking my lips.

Woody1985
04-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Could he not invoke the same clause as Webster to get out? Is he in the final year or a 4 year deal?

KerPlunk
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
"In any case, if I was Goncalves' agent or lawyer I would be licking my lips."

Whereas Jim"I-Just-Happened-To-Be-In-Edinburgh"Jefferies is just licking Vlad's haemorrhoids.

:cool2:

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Goncalves is an employee of Hearts (or possibly Kaunas, I suppose) => employment law. He can't argue "restraint of trade" or somesuch because he isn't an independent contractor who has been blacklisted.

Best case scenario for him is to say that Hearts are in breach of contract and to work his way out, then sign for someone else. Problem is that would all take too long (in football terms); he is just as well staying put.

The ridiculous thing about it is that Goncalves showed a degree of loyalty to Hearts by extending his contract by a year (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7489500.stm) before he was sent out on loan to Germany, meaning that Hearts could have got a fee for him last summer or in January. This didn't happen for whatever reason so Vlad goes in the huff. He wouldn't have got a bean for Goncalves anyway if the player hadn't shown that loyalty. Effectively, Goncalves is being ostracised and punished for doing Hearts a significant favour, which Vlad wasn't able to take advantage of.

:confused:

mjhibby
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Robertson also suspects that Jumbo is Vlad's puppet (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2837908/You-have-let-your-Hearts-rule-your-head-Jim.html)

The fact that that robertson is so annoyed by this shows just how desperate that club has got.Its one thing keeping things in house but to basically mislead supporters and not play your best defender which could cost hertz many a game between now and the split/end of season is beyond any bound of decency.I am really saddened regards jeffries as i thought he would be above that but i suppose once you join the circle od deceit then there is no way out.
They are a disgrace to scottish football and an embarassment to edinburgh and they have the most spineless supporters yet seen.How much has he to bismirch the name of a once proud club before they act.

mjhibby
04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
The fact that that robertson is so annoyed by this shows just how desperate that club has got.Its one thing keeping things in house but to basically mislead supporters and not play your best defender which could cost hertz many a game between now and the split/end of season is beyond any bound of decency.I am really saddened regards jeffries as i thought he would be above that but i suppose once you join the circle od deceit then there is no way out.
They are a disgrace to scottish football and an embarassment to edinburgh and they have the most spineless supporters yet seen.How much has he to bismirch the name of a once proud club before they act.

If he really is his bitch they seriously are in trouble as jeffries will not get harmony in the dressing room and where they will pick up their next three points could be a long way away.Probably enough points to avoid relegation but what a dire rest of the season they have to look forward to.Just shows what a good job the slavering shabby did.

steakbake
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
From top to bottom, a horrid little club. JJ's only been in the job 6 days and he's back-stabbed, lied and bullied his way in the Yam's affections. Weasel.

Do I feel sorry for them? Nuh. Jumbo was a sop to the fans who would be kicking russian hats in the car park as soon as their last turd-polisher was given the bullet.

They lap it up and believe.

surreyhibbie
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Would it be out of order for Yogi to offer Goncalves the use of East Mains to keep his fitness up? No intention of signing him, of course....

That would REALLY piss them off at the PBS...:devil:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Would it be out of order for Yogi to offer Goncalves the use of East Mains to keep his fitness up? No intention of signing him, of course....

That would REALLY piss them off at the PBS...:devil:

Mind you, the laddies a big, strong experienced defender (best in the league according to Alky Jakey Robbo), and we might just need a replacement for big Sol if he leaves in the summer.

Hmmmmm.........:hmmm:

jacomo
04-02-2010, 02:10 PM
The issue isn' t that it's unacceptable, but that it's illegal. It amounts to a clear breach of contract.

As far as I can see Goncalves has met all the terms of his contract scrupulously, while by their actions Jongleurs are depriving him of his opportunity to get into the Portugal squad, the opportunity to earn appearance fees, the opportunity to earn win bonuses (:faf:), but most relevantly from a legal point of view the opportunity to enhance his value with his next club by playing to the best of his ability for the Jongleurs.

The Jambos don't have any legal obligations to help Goncalves get into the Portugal squad. Can't imagine his contract says they have to play him, either, so they are not obliged to give him bonuses.

This isn't to say that Goncalves shouldn't feel angry, but I'm not sure he's got a legal argument.

Sudds_1
04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
The Jambos don't have any legal obligations to help Goncalves get into the Portugal squad. Can't imagine his contract says they have to play him, either, so they are not obliged to give him bonuses.

This isn't to say that Goncalves shouldn't feel angry, but I'm not sure he's got a legal argument.

we're talking win bonuses here.........right? :devil::wink:

mjhibby
04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Apparently bouzid is out for a month.if they dont play jose they are in serious trouble as any forward line will trouble them without them.Hamilton and falkirk at home seem tricky games without them.Stewart is also suspended for those games so they are struggling big style.Whats the odds jose makes a comeback.

PatHead
04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Apparently bouzid is out for a month.if they dont play jose they are in serious trouble as any forward line will trouble them without them.Hamilton and falkirk at home seem tricky games without them.Stewart is also suspended for those games so they are struggling big style.Whats the odds jose makes a comeback.

You forgot it doesn't matter who plays for the rest of the season, their season is over! Should also add they would be struggling anyway.

jakedance
04-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Even for a Jambo bawbag, JJ and his antics have still taken me aback.

He has a direct order from the Mad One not to play Concalves and is desperately trying to justify his situation by turning it around on the player.

JJ hasn't even been in the job a week yet has probably already destroyed any reputation he has built up in Scottish fiba over the last thirty odd years.

You just couldn't make this stuff up.

:jamboak:

I wonder how all this has been perceived in the Hearts dressing room? If Goncalves is a popular guy there could be a backlash.

jacomo
04-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Jumbo has also let it slip that he was after a striker after all...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8494784.stm

"We've tried hard to get a striker," Jefferies told Hearts' website.

"We agreed with the owners about the striking position, but it had to be the right one."

Laszlo's complaints about not being able to acquire a striker contributed in part to his sacking as manager last week.

And Jefferies suffered similar frustration even though he says he had the backing of owner Vladimir Romanov.

"We made a few enquiries about boys who were not available in the end," he said.

"Bringing someone in for the sake of it would not have worked.

"For now, we go with what we've got and we'll come back to this in the summer."

Even Killie managed to bring in a striker in January Jumbo...

--------
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Jumbo has also let it slip that he was after a striker after all...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8494784.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8494784.stm)

Even Killie managed to bring in a striker in January Jumbo...

:agree: There were a number of strikers available, even for loan deals till the season's end. They all preferred to sign for other teams - like Gow, Maguire, Maclean....

Of course, if Jumbo had realised that Rhobbie Kheane was looking for a move he could have asked Vladdy for the readies to close THAT deal....

The truth is that the only players who'll sign for them are players who either have never heard of them (not many of those left since they became a world-wide laughingstock) or players desperate to sign for someone and who have no better offers on the table.

And right now 5 years in the Bar-L's a better deal than signing for Hearts....

ancient hibee
04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
You forgot it doesn't matter who plays for the rest of the season, their season is over! Should also add they would be struggling anyway.
It certainly won't be over if they continue losing while the teams below pick up points.

Sergey
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I've just spent 15 minutes reading this thread and I hate to admit it, but I actually have some sympathy for Goncalves.

What this whole affair does highlight, is the Yams, really are the lowest of the low.

There is no intended malice in what I've said, I'm simply stating fact.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I've just spent 15 minutes reading this thread and I hate to admit it, but I actually have some sympathy for Goncalves.

What this whole affair does highlight, is the Yams, really are the lowest of the low.

I'd happily endorse that contention but would also add a fairly significant amount of malice, basically for the sheer fun of doing so.

Cabbage East
04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
A corrupt shambles of a club.

lapsedhibee
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Not really doing them justice there. It's not good enough to say that they're the lowest of the low. Somebody has, as a matter of logic, to be the lowest of the low. What's more noteworthy is how much lower they are than the next lowest of the low. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Not really doing them justice there. It's not good enough to say that they're the lowest of the low. Somebody has, as a matter of logic, to be the lowest of the low. What's more noteworthy is how much lower they are than the next lowest of the low. :wink:

It's kind of like one of those analogies they use to explain evolution.

Imagine that the lowest of the low are in Edinburgh bus station and the highest of the high are in Waverley, the Yams would be somewhere between San Diego and Bejing.

Or, if the highest of the high were time they would be midnight tonight. The lowest of the low would be 5 to 12 and the Yams would be 2nd March 1974.

That's how far away they are.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
To be honest, I feel rather sad about this affair. Although he's manifestly easy to lampoon, I must confess I've always had a grudging respect for JJ. He came across as a Jambo who was passionate about his club, but a straight-shooter and a real football man.

Now, approaching the terminus of his management career, and he's been badly compromised; contaminated like everything else that comes into contact with that foul, debased and corrupt regime masquerading as a football club. It seems he shall be remembered, not as a loyal servant, but as the dour assassin, counting his pension plan as he rammed the knife between his chum's shoulder-blades in exchange for the Submariner's Euros.

All very Heart of Midlothian FC this century, I'm afraid. What a tawdry embarrassment they are, even in what has sadly become one of shabbiest and most venal of businesses.

Whatever issues people have with the likes of Farmer, Petrie et al, in terms of personal integrity and general competence, they are a million light years from the vampires who still try to suck the last of the plasma from the bloodied turd that some still -without irony- are misguided enough to refer to as 'glorious' Hearts.

Sergey
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM
To be honest, I feel rather sad about this affair. Although he's manifestly easy to lampoon, I must confess I've always had a grudging respect for JJ. He came across as a Jambo who was passionate about his club, but a straight-shooter and a real football man.

Now, approaching the terminus of his management career, and he's been badly compromised; contaminated like everything else that comes into contact with that foul, debased and corrupt regime masquerading as a football club. It seems he shall be remembered, not as a loyal servant, but as the dour assassin, counting his pension plan as he rammed the knife between his chum's shoulder-blades in exchange for the Submariner's Euros.

All very Heart of Midlothian FC this century, I'm afraid. What a tawdry embarrassment they are, even in what has sadly become one of shabbiest and most venal of businesses.

Whatever issues people have with the likes of Farmer, Petrie et al, in terms of personal integrity and general competence, they are a million light years from the vampires who still try to suck the last of the plasma from the bloodied turd that some still -without irony- are misguided enough to refer to as 'glorious' Hearts.

Well said, Bob, and I must apologise for my earlier post.

Another brief moment of lucidity encapsulated me for the second time in as many months.

Something is wrong. I'd also inadvertently forgotten about Sunday.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Well said, Bob, and I must apologise for my earlier post.

Another brief moment of lucidity encapsulated me for the second time in as many months.

Something is wrong. I'd also inadvertently forgotten about Sunday.

Sunday, Bloodied Turd Sunday.

Beefster
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Jeffries is spouting the party line like a veteran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8505970.stm

Jefferies also said that the situation with Goncalves is different to that of other players who are out of contract in the summer, notably Michael Stewart and Laryea Kingston.

"I have made my mind up on Jose," he said. "I want him to stay with Hearts.

"I have still to decide on other players - if I want them to stay or not."

smurf
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Oh come on Fatty JJ. Even that deluded Gary McKay pointed out in the EEN that if it was your choice....

JJ knew because he knows.

truehibernian
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Methinks it is also because he was/is in pre-contract talks with Celtic

JoeT
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8505970.stm

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Thats just amazing. Perhaps this fantastic new contract is not as attractive as fat jumbo thinks.? Jumbo has to remember Concalves has been at the club a while now, and knows how its run. Perhaps Jose wants to play his football for a normal club, one where the manager picks the team. Jeffries you are an arse.:bitchy:

smurf
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
The irony in JJ deciding (aye right..:blah:) not to play their best player because he won't sign a new contract but in the meantime he has his mates Billy Broon and Gary Brain Locked working without being offered contracts...:faf::faf::faf:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
So Jefferies is considering letting Stewart leave? I had heard that Locke and Stewart had a bit of a fight the other day maybe it was true.

Seems JJ is choosing his volunteer coach over his club captain.

--------
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
"I have tried to talk to Jose on a number of occasions and the club have made him an unbelievable offer," Hearts manager Jefferies told BBC Scotland. "Even his agent cannot believe that the player has decided not to sign."

Jumbo - everything that comes out of the club you now work for is unbelievable.

Goncalves has another offer, a better one. (Mind you, playing part-time for Elgin or Montrose would be a better prospect than staying at Dinamo Ghorghyi right now ....) But it's an odd way to change his mind - bad-mouth him in public, drop him from the team until he signs, conduct the business negotiations on the pages of the local newspaper?

"Sign the contract, or I'll make sure you have NO chance of getting into your country's World Cup Squad..."

Nice, Jumbo. Nice. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
JJ also says he's still to make his mind up over the other out of contract players, thats why they will still be selected. Kingston will be away at the end of the season, whether you like it or not fat boy. Although selecting him to play is not really any problem anyway.:faf:

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Jefferies also said that the situation with Goncalves is different to that of other players who are out of contract in the summer, notably Michael Stewart and Laryea Kingston.

Am I missing something here? He's not playing a player who he wants to keep, presumably because he is good, but is going to play players - in exactly the same contractual position - who he dosnt know if he wants to keep presumably because they're not good enough.

Dont be scratching your head Jim, you'll tangle the puppet wires.

matty_f
09-02-2010, 12:55 PM

Am I missing something here? He's not playing a player who he wants to keep, presumably because he is good, but is going to play players - in exactly the same contractual position - who he dosnt know if he wants to keep presumably because they're not good enough.

Dont be scratching your head Jim, you'll tangle the puppet wires.

Fat Jim Knew logic.:agree:

Jack
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Of course he’s not sure about keeping the man he’s just confirmed as captain :fibber:

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
What a great way to do business and build a relationship between club and player.

Come and sign for hibs Jose. You wont get paid as much but will be at a club that appreciates a good player

The_Todd
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Such a Yammish way of dealing with employees.

Jim44
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Goncalves has become a reliable thermometer for guaging the strength of Vladnos at the PBS. The minute he gets back into the team, without signing a new contract, will indicate that Jumbo is having an effect on the managemant there. Unless of-course Goncalves gives in to their sleezy blackmail and signs on the line, but somehow I think he will stand his ground.

EskbankHibby
09-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Beyond parody, backstabber ensuring a lose lose scenario for the pink ones.

A) Goncalves doesn't sign - Left out of the team thus weakening it, taking wages without working thus further weakening them financially.

B) Goncalves signs - Everyone knows he is a handbag who bowed to pressure from Gepeto and Pinocchio, confidence/form certain to dip and the 'fans' desperate to jump on any mistake he may make.

Would you want to stay at a club like that?

Perspective
09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Goncalves should take a leaf out of Goran Pandev's book and have his contract torn up with immediate effect.

He was in a similar situation at Lazio, frozen out after refusing to sign a new deal and the League eventually ruled that he could without a fee to Inter. He also received compensation from Lazio. Threaten Romanov with that and we'll see who buckles first.

I wonder if Jefferies feels Falkirk should drop Darren Barr, who is still playing for Falkirk despite signing a pre-contract with Hearts.

degenerated
09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
jeffries being worked from the rear on this one, gary locke will be jealous :greengrin

mjhibby
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Just whn you think it cant get any more laughable over there they just get funnier.So they have questioned congalves commitment but its ok for nade and stewart not to sign a contract but they will still play.I hope they get tanked by sellick and that congalves has a good laugh.The club is such an embarassment to edinburgh especially as the player has always given 100% when playing and by all accounts is far and away their best player.Sad to see jeffries whoring himself for romanov but i suppose once your hooked you cant let go.I wonder how many goals they will lose because of this decision.:faf:

joe breezy
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Was just reading the Jefferies statements on the BBC

We are very lucky to have Hearts, they conspire against themselves at every opportunity

jacomo
09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Anyone keeping a tally of how many lies FatJimKnew has told the supporters so far? I reckon at least five...

"I was in the changing cubicle of the Hearts shop when I got the call"
aye, right.

"It was my decision to drop Goncalves"
No it wasn't.

"Jose told me he didn't want to play for Hearts"
Except that now, you say that Jose told you he didn't want to play for Hearts in the long term - a crucial difference that does not call into doubt his commitment for the rest of the season.

"I wasn't interested in signing a striker"
And then it transpires that you were:

"The right striker wasn't available"
Yes indeed, none of McLeod, MacLean, Maguire or Gow were suitable, eh?

RoslinInstHibby
09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone keeping a tally of how many lies FatJimKnew has told the supporters so far? I reckon at least five...

aye, right.

No it wasn't.

Except that now, you say that Jose told you he didn't want to play for Hearts in the long term - a crucial difference that does not call into doubt his commitment for the rest of the season.

And then it transpires that you were:

Yes indeed, none of McLeod, MacLean, Maguire or Gow were suitable, eh?

this should be moved to a seperate post so that we can continue to add his lies as the season goes on....:agree:

jacomo
09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
this should be moved to a seperate post so that we can continue to add his lies as the season goes on....:agree:

will do :thumbsup:

MacBean
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8505970.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8505970.stm)

they just get worse and worse!!

Houchy
09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
:agree: Cringeworthy the way they go about "business". There was a thread on here last week about the very same thing saying they were effectively holding the player to ransom.

The funny part of it is where it says:

GIRUY Ginger Baws... You're no' even wanted by the yams:bye:

WindyMiller
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Stevie Fail MkII.

He'll tie himself in knots before the Summer's out trying to justify Vlad's decisions.

B**bag.

machibby
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't beleive jeffries isn't getting pelters for this. He's clearly jumping into line on this stance. Fair enough he's pi$$ed at the boy not wanting to sign, but seems quite clear that this has not been the sort of stance that Jeffries has ever taken before. I'd also like to hear jeffries' thoughts on Barr, would he be playing him if in eddie may's position.
Maybe he should just threaten to knee cap Jose Go-onsignves and be done with this pussy footin around.

Jim44
09-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I think that legally they are on very thin ice here. It's all very well to 'not play a player' because of a reason connected to his health or fitness or lack of form or 'his' refusal to honour his contract. But the facts are that he 'is' honouring his contract, he 'does' want to play for them, he 'is' fit to play for them. Jumbo has categorically said that he won't pick him because he doesn't want to play for them which is untrue. And most perverse and baffling of all is that Jumbo 'wants the guy to play'. They are in fact in breach of the contract he holds with them. I am sure that if he took them to court he would win his case hands-down, but we know how long drawn out and draining court cases can be so it will probably never come to that. Meanwhile, Good on you Jose............I hope you are getting your fair share of blood out of the stones who employ you.

EskbankHibby
09-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Stevie Fail MkII.

He'll tie himself in knots before the Summer's out trying to justify Vlad's decisions.

B**bag.

:agree:, puppet and contortionist.

Jim's take on the den mother fiasco - "I have always said that those vile witches should not got paid, they only look after the laddies for 3 years, thats hardly commitment".

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 05:53 PM
It may have already been posted?

Turned telly on and missed what Jumbo Jim was saying on SSN.

Please enlighten me.

Cheers

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Nobody? :confused:

Ah well I'll just have to keep watching SSN until it comes around again. Probably only disclosing which Edinburgh shop he was in when MadVlad called him.

Titch
09-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Nobody? :confused:

Ah well I'll just have to keep watching SSN until it comes around again. Probably only disclosing which Edinburgh shop he was in when MadVlad called him.

probably sayin that he won't play goncalves ?????

CallumHibs07
09-02-2010, 06:16 PM
who cares

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
probably sayin that he won't play goncalves ?????

Cheers. I only caught the very end of the interview and he didn't look at all happy. Come to think about it that's his usual mode. :greengrin

Mikey
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Cheers. I only caught the very end of the interview and he didn't look at all happy. Come to think about it that's his usual mode. :greengrin

He always looks that way when he's telling lies.

Kaiser1962
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM

If neither stewart nor kingston have been offered a contract then probably not but if they have, or are in negotiations to stay, then its clear discrimination. Alternatively Hearts actions could amount to constructive dismissal.

Alternatively announcing that you might not want to keep your club captain or play your best defender is an absolute master stroke of man management.
I actually thought more of JJ than getting involved in this nonsense to be honest.

lyonhibs
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I didn't see any of it, but I think it's a safe bet the following roughly sums it up:

Fat Jim Knew: "Mumble, groan, gurn, ehhhhhhh, mmmmmmm, hawwwwww, aye well, moan, Imafatjambo*******withanalchoholicsnose, 0-7, 6-2 5-1 please make it stop, slaver, drool, dribble, moan, groan,gurn, the boys were unlucky, great effort today, this team will come good soon, mumble, groan,gurn, I've stiffed my 2 best mates and will now procede to tell a pack of lies for 5 minutes, lie, lie, lie.

Mumble, groan, gurn"

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Pretty sure that Hearts know that there is a good chance he will be moving to one of the OF and this is infuriating Vlad.

Hibercelona
09-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Probably something across the lines of:

"Ack... well that was a waste of 2 weeks.... I wonder what club to go to now". :wink:

TRC
09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I saw it just thought i was watching thunderbirds:greengrin

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
who cares

About what?..Dinnae read if the thread has nae relevance to you?

JJ is a bawbag.

greenlex
09-02-2010, 07:30 PM
He was explaining to everyone that Jose has had a fantastic offer and if he doesn't want to sign it then he doesnt want to play for Hearts so he wont play again.
Brilliant I couldnt even see the strings. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
who cares

You obviously do. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2329253#post2329253

:devil:

lyonhibs
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Just got a text from a mate that he's signed on at Crimecastle for another 2 and a half years??? :confused:

Either that bad batch of smack that's being doing the rounds on the West Coast has made its way across here, and Goncalves actually really loves the masochistic experience of being a Hearts player, or Vlad has got him on nice inflated wages to sell him on at a decent price to trouser the proceeds for his own personal consumption - errrr I mean to pay for the "registration fees" for the next "Next Big Thing" to come out of Lithuania??

A wee bit odd nevertheless...........................

Green'nWhite
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
No... surely it's the Tyncastle Arms on a two and a half month contract. Warmer and slightly more entertaining than watching Hearts from the stands I guess!!

whereswallace?
09-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if he has.He will need to play games to go to the world cup and Vlad is refusing to play him until he signs.A win win situation,Hearts get a fee for him when they sell and he gets to go the the world cup possibly enhancing his reputation for a bigger move.

greenginger
09-02-2010, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;2346531]Just got a text from a mate that he's signed on at Crimecastle for another 2 and a half years???

Was Luca Brasi involved ? :devil:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
puta merda/filho da puta as they might say in Portugal.

Toaods
09-02-2010, 10:38 PM
if true, I'd expect him to be prepared to go to court at the end of the season to prove he was pressurised into signing to maintain his current standard of income.

Fat Jeff opens his big gob in public to pile the pressure on. Sign or you won't play, even though you are clearly a first choice.

Professional bullying.:greengrin

Baw187
09-02-2010, 10:47 PM
if true, I'd expect him to be prepared to go to court at the end of the season to prove he was pressurised into signing to maintain his current standard of income.

Fat Jeff opens his big gob in public to pile the pressure on. Sign or you won't play, even though you are clearly a first choice.

You're not that far off the mark there.

SMAXXA
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think he wont be in the Portugal sqad anyway? Take it he has been in recent squads??

jgl07
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Nade (skilful but obviously huge)
Fixed it for you.

I tend to think that Hearts' problems run a bit deeper than their striking options. It's not as if they are simply passing up chances, few if any are being created. That is the area that needs to be improved in my opinion.

Hearts put a string of results together under Csaba by playing really tight and taking 1-0 wins. Without that run Hearts would be deep in the relegation fight.

Sergey
09-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Just got a text from a mate that he's signed on at Crimecastle for another 2 and a half years??? :confused:

Either that bad batch of smack that's being doing the rounds on the West Coast has made its way across here, and Goncalves actually really loves the masochistic experience of being a Hearts player, or Vlad has got him on nice inflated wages to sell him on at a decent price to trouser the proceeds for his own personal consumption - errrr I mean to pay for the "registration fees" for the next "Next Big Thing" to come out of Lithuania??

A wee bit odd nevertheless...........................

Would you like to stake a bet that this rumour is true or false?

Name your ante..

I'll have FALSE :wink:

MyJo
09-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Would you like to stake a bet that this rumour is true or false?

Name your ante..

I'll have FALSE :wink:

was on the radio as i was driving home tonight :agree:

Sergey
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
was on the radio as i was driving home tonight :agree:

Probably just Shan Lawson bolstering his media career in a vain attempt to gain an extra stripe.

clerriehibs
09-02-2010, 11:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8506320.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8506320.stm)

Whit a miserable, toad-faced, jambo git. No wonder no-one in Scotland likes that shower.

lapsedhibee
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Whit a miserable, toad-faced, jambo git. No wonder no-one in Scotland likes that shower.

:singing: A a a a a a wonder if one day that you'll say that you care :singing:

Hainan Hibs
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8506320.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8506320.stm)

I watched 2 and a half minutes of that. Jumbo Jim has transformed in two weeks from the man you could respect at Killie to another embarrassing joke who is a just a puppet for Romanov.

Kevvy1875
09-02-2010, 11:39 PM
"What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to play a player who has told me that he does not want to play for the club long-term, or should I play someone who is more committed to the club?" he said.
"If Jose walked into my office today and said 'I will sign the contract', he would be in the side tomorrow."

:fibber:Yes Jim totaly different.

Vlad will be most pleased:spammy:

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2010, 08:47 AM

is it not more like, listen son you are being very well paid,get to live a lavish lifestyle beyond most fans and dreams so heres how it goes, stop being a jessie and get on with it !!

bullying , nah dont think so

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 08:50 AM
is it not more like, listen son you are being very well paid,get to live a lavish lifestyle beyond most fans and dreams so heres how it goes, stop being a jessie and get on with it !!

It's not really like that. Goncalves is willing to play - Romanov's told Jefferies not to play him because he won't sign another contract.

I'm sure Goncalves would "get on with it" if they'd let him.

Jim44
10-02-2010, 09:02 AM
The issue seems to be that the Yam management are working on the premise that a player coming to the end of a contract is dutybound to accept a new contract if they themselves judge their offer to be 'unbelievabl'.

EH6 Hibby
10-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Still nothing official on this then? I can't see it being true because the Yams would be shouting this from the rooftops if it was. They've got nowt else to get excited about after all.

The_Todd
10-02-2010, 09:18 AM

How is it? Goncalves signed a contract which is still valid, all he's guilty of is honouring the contract he signed. So he doesn't want to renew his deal for another season? He's still willing to "get on with it" for the rest of the season, it's Vlad who's spat the dummy.

It seems that if you honour your contract at HoMFC, you're part of the problem according to Vlad.

And as for JJ? He'd give his right baw to play Goncalves tonight v Celtic, but he know his place and will pick the team as per Vlad's instructions.

Crystal clear.

lyonhibs
10-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Turns out it was a steaming pile o' pish, because according to the radio Goncalves chronic case of "Vlad Flu" is still ongoing, and he's not getting a game at Septic Park because of his lack of commitment to the club, so says Fat Jimbo.

Leithenhibby
10-02-2010, 09:40 AM
How is it? Goncalves signed a contract which is still valid, all he's guilty of is honouring the contract he signed. So he doesn't want to renew his deal for another season? He's still willing to "get on with it" for the rest of the season, it's Vlad who's spat the dummy.

It seems that if you honour your contract at HoMFC, you're part of the problem according to Vlad.

And as for JJ? He'd give his right baw to play Goncalves tonight v Celtic, but he know his place and will pick the team as per Vlad's instructions.

Crystal clear.

This is how I see it also. Jose has done nowt wrong and is playing within the rules of the game (contract).

Has the Mad-One, no done that for years...:agree: The Yams are as sick as, because they see an asset walking out the door in the summer for nothing..:faf:

Kaiser1962
10-02-2010, 10:40 AM

This is how I see it also. Jose has done nowt wrong and is playing within the rules of the game (contract).

Has the Mad-One, no done that for years...:agree: The Yams are as sick as, because they see an asset walking out the door in the summer for nothing..:faf:

Victimisation and discriminatory behaviour. Hearts sign Barr on a pre contract and Falkirk still play him. Hearts themselves still play Stewart and would play Kingston only Larry boy has seen through them ages ago although Hearts "might" decide that they are not good enough and not offer them a contract. Jose, who they want to stay and actually wants to play unlike Kingston, chooses to excercise his legal right not to sign ( as Barr did at Falkirk and as Hearts themselves are choosing to do with Stewart and Kingston (as quoted by fatboy himself)) and Jose is ostracised. One can only assume that, on top of Jose not having a chance to get selected for the world cup (slim at best anyway), there is some form of financial penalty(i.e. appearance money?) being imposed on Goncalves for his non-conformity. Human rights issue I would suggest.

Part/Time Supporter
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/-Jose-Goncalves-nears-new.6058367.jp

JOSE GONCALVES is edging nearer an agreement with Hearts over a contract extension following discussions with manager Jim Jefferies which stretched into the late evening last night.

The Portuguese defender still has several issues to conclude with the club before he will agree to sign, however yesterday's talks were encouraging for both parties and club officials are hopeful of completing a long-term deal for a player who is out of contract in June.

:hmmm:

hibhib7
10-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Although he's a Jambo git, I've always had a grudging respect for Jefferies, believing, at least, he was his own man. Now he has gone the way of the rest of them and his performance on telly, trying to explain his reasons for not playing Concalves was pathetic. It's sad to see someone of his age suddenly selling his soul. Geppetto Romanov has just ensured that poor Jim's nose will grow longer every time he is interviewed.

CyberSauzee
10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
You've got to laugh at the Yams for their double standards on this one. It was only last summer that they were trying to offload Goncalves to Nuremberg where he had been on loan. Nuremberg for whatever reason didn't want him, so he's back at the PBS. Now Goncalves wants to leave, and they're pressurising him to stay, despite wanting rid of him 6 months ago! So who is showing the most loyalty - the player honouring his contract or the club who tried to get rid of him?

crewetollhibee
10-02-2010, 06:22 PM
:singing: A a a a a a wonder if one day that you'll say that you care :singing:
BRILLIANT !!! :top marks:top marks:top marks

ancient hibee
10-02-2010, 06:42 PM
If it's true he's on ten grand a week no wonder they're in a mess

Banter
10-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Couldnay Believe my ears but even ha ha hearts Preston thinks the situation is ridiculous. Were just discussing it on the Beeb.

Used the Barr argument amongst others. Clearly we know where they do their research.:hnet: