PDA

View Full Version : Most beneficial transfer move not involving Hibs today

PC Stamp
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
For me it was Middlesboro's capture of that irritating wee nyaff Scott McDonald from Celtc. Never a player I've liked playing against us either at Celtc or at 'Well previously as he causes big central defenders horrific problems with his quick movement and always has a knack of notching a goal in the box. He can be a right dirty sleekit wee individual too!

Celtc possibly won't miss him short term with the capture of Keane but they'll regret letting him go longer term whilst keeping Samaras and Fortune IMHO.

zlatan
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
The transfer of my PM to your inbox :wink:

sixtwo
01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Severin to Killie caught my eye. He'll provide a bit of leadership and organisation.

McLean might get a few goals for aberdeen

Jonnyboy
01-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Lee Miller to Middlesboro

No more watching the cheating bassa diving all over the place :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Celtic come out of this deal quite a bit ahead. They stumped up 750K for him and he scored a shed load of goals, ands they punt him on and make a healthy profit.

ScottB
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Celtic come out of this deal quite a bit ahead. They stumped up 750K for him and he scored a shed load of goals, ands they punt him on and make a healthy profit.

But then went and blew more than they'll get paying Robbie Keane to slum it for 5 months...

Hopefully Keane to Celtic could be the most beneficial, if he bombs their squad is pretty weak looking, certainly weaker than it was in December, Keane aside.

hibs is life
02-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Severin to Killie caught my eye. He'll provide a bit of leadership and organisation.

a would not mind him at hibs he is a good player and would do a very good job at hibs

NOLA
02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
glad that miller has gone to boro, cheating bassa.

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM

Motherwell really undervalued him when selling, his goals/games ratio for them was more than decent (more or less a goal every other game) yet they sold for well under £1M.

heretoday
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
McCarthy to West Ham. I don't particularly like the Hammers but they will provide him with more imaginative service than he got at Blackburn.

I reckon they'll slowly move out of the relegation zone.

Sylar
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Lee Miller to Boro' was a good move for us, as Aberdeen have lost their more prominent goal-scorer. Not only does he score them goals, but he wins a rediculous amount of fouls which have lead to Aberdeen scoring a large portion of their goals this year!

For the simple reason that I have an inexplicable hatred for him, I'm glad McDonald has gone south.

Expecting Rain
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Ryan Stevenson, with Hearts being out the cup we won`t have to face this potential world beater in our quest for the holy grail, thank you lord.

Hibs On Tour
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
McDonald going South was great for us. If he had been played every week he'd have defo got them 25+ a season. Clearly TM didn't fancy him for some reason though. Obviously, Keane will now play each week [for that money] and will likely score no more than SM would have. But, Celtic lose Keane in the summer after having spent some of the SM money paying RK's wages...

This season, if RK hits the ground running I see no real difference for Celtic pro or con. Next season, unless they open the wallet and sign him, they're worse off. If he doesn't start scoring ASAP, TM is on a shoogly peg IMO.

brog
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I'm happy to see the back of SM but Celtc got a ridiculous amount for him. Similarly Dons getting £500k for Lee Miller, they would have bit Strachan's hand off for half that amount.
Boro are now very close to being a laughing stock, WGS has filled their team with plodders who will be lucky to get out of the Championship & who will never cut it in the Premiership.
I think the Severin signing may be inspired although he's not the player he was 2 or 3 seasons ago.

H18sry
02-02-2010, 12:23 PM
But then went and blew more than they'll get paying Robbie Keane to slum it for 5 months...

Hopefully Keane to Celtic could be the most beneficial, if he bombs their squad is pretty weak looking, certainly weaker than it was in December, Keane aside.

:agree: Aye £65,000 a week, that's over £1.25 Mill, untill the end of May crazy money for a 4 month deal :bitchy:

Speedy
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
McCarthy to West Ham. I don't particularly like the Hammers but they will provide him with more imaginative service than he got at Blackburn.

I reckon they'll slowly move out of the relegation zone.

They're 15th at the moment and they have a good run of fixtures; Burnley(away) then Birmingham, Hull and Bolton at home.

They've signed a couple of players and Carlton Cole is back, they'll finish comfortably above relegation imo.