PDA

View Full Version : deeks up front?

hibee92
01-02-2010, 10:14 PM
gow can play as a winger, yogi obviously knows galbraith isnt ready for regular first team football, could see deek pushed up top with gow on the wing?

plenty of options going forward anyway looking good :thumbsup:

Baw187
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
gow can play as a winger, yogi obviously knows galbraith isnt ready for regular first team football, could see deek pushed up top with gow on the wing?

plenty of options going forward anyway looking good :thumbsup:

I think Gow will be played in the hole behind Stokes and Nish. Can't see us dropping Nish giving his contribution to the way we play (being a big menace and holding the ball up) so would expect him to come in for Rankin.

joe_hfc
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
.................Smith/Brown......................
.................................................. .....
.................Hogg........Bamba................ ..
Wotherspoon.............................Murray..
.................................................. ........
................Mcbride......Miller............... ...
.................................................. ......
.......Zemmama....................................
................................................Go w
.............Riordan........Stokes................ .

Space for Spoony to make his bombs up the right. What a team!!

bingo70
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I think Gow will be played in the hole behind Stokes and Nish. Can't see us dropping Nish giving his contribution to the way we play (being a big menace and holding the ball up) so would expect him to come in for Rankin.

I would agree that he's a big menace and is a constant pain in the erse for defenders and there's definately a place in the squad for him, however i don't think he holds the ball up at all, one of the reasons Yogi has him playing a bit deeper now.

I would play Gow ahead of Nish and have Gow and Riordan rotating positions throughout the game, that'd be a nightmare for defenders, having Nish on the bench coming on if it's not working is a terrific asset to have as well.

Alex Trager
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM

Team plays better without him, he does too much for himself

Torto
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Everyone keeps going on about how Deeks should be playing up front. This is just my opinion and don't want shot down in flames about it but did anyone see his performance up there for the last 20 mins on Saturday. He did nothing I thought a pigeon was going to land on his head he was so static at times.

Apart from his free kick against Hamilton he has been below par for weeks now and I think it's about time he got a seat on the bench to gather his thoughts. How he hasn't been dropped is beyond me, everything we keep hearing and reading about how he lives his life and how yogi expects his players to live their lives is worlds apart but I think Yogi is scared to drop him.

Gow will be a good signing for us and 3rd spot should be ours easily, would have still liked to have seen a right back come in tho

GGTTH

silverhibee
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM

:agree::hnet:

Dr_Regal
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM

That is some team, the best we have had in a long time. Can't wait for the game against the sheep. GGTTH

J-C
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM

I agree about Zouma, too greedy and not really a team player at times.

Put Thicot in at RB and push Wotherspoon up to right mid.

Andy74
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Who else would go though from the usual line up? Zemmama? If we are playing a player in the hole and having Nish and Stokes someone needs to drop right which doesn't suit Nish or Stokes. It would mean Riordan having to play a real narrow position on the left which isn't his game.

Smith

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

McBride

Miller Gow Riordan

Nish Stokes

I think I'd prefer to either drop Nish or Riordan. Maybe:

Smith

Miller McBride

Zemmama Gow Riordan

Stokes

Or swapping Gow into Riordan's position and Nish in the hole if we need the big guy.

H113EE5
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Can't believe you're still wanting Riordan in the team. Geezzzz someone's posted that Zemmama isn't a team player and fails to mention our childish, huffy, moaning number 10. :rolleyes: I'd have Saturday's team with Gow replacing Riordan.

GlesgaeHibby
02-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Smith
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Gow
Stokes Riordan/Nish

That team could do a job. Hughes has said we don't need a RB just now with spoony doing well and McCann getting there, he goes on to say McCann is a quality prospect.

Monktonhall 7
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
You know what? I'm gonna trust the Manager on this one. So far :top marks

J-C
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Can't believe you're still wanting Riordan in the team. Geezzzz someone's posted that Zemmama isn't a team player and fails to mention our childish, huffy, moaning number 10. :rolleyes: I'd have Saturday's team with Gow replacing Riordan.

Riordan can be a match winner, whereas Zouma can lose the ball all too often in midfield trying do too much and cost us.

HFC 0-7
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I would still have deek in the team. I would defo give him a shot up top with stokes. The reason he hasnt been in games that much is because we seem to only play up the right hand side. So many times recently we have failed to switch the play quickly, we had plenty of opportunities to do this on Saturday, mostly through Rankin, but his vision is rank and the ball hardly ever switches at the right time.

H113EE5
02-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Both are luxuries and they leave the 9 others to ensure that we're still in the game to allow them to be matchwinners.

Expecting Rain
Hilarious thread at times, Riordan and Zemmama not good enough for Hibs.:greengrin

Sylar
vs. Montrose, I'd like to see the following:

Brown

Thicot Hogg Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller

Gow

Stokes Riordan

Nish has missed a few too many chances of late and Zouma is just coming back from a period of injury (his creative ability is undoubted, but his recovery must be given time).

joe_hfc
02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Riordan can be a match winner, whereas Zouma can lose the ball all too often in midfield trying do too much and cost us.

Zemmama is one of the most gifted players at Hibs. yes he CAN be greedy, but he is one of the few can can play that killer ball, skin a player,always lookslively and a constant hassle for defenders. They know there's no room for error against Zemmama. He definetly would have a place in my XI. He gives us something as bit different.

Everybody on here was kissing his erse on this due to his good form at the start of the season. A few weeks of poorer form and injury, and he's not good enough to merit a game?

Expecting Rain
02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Zemmama is one of the most gifted players at Hibs. yes he CAN be greedy, but he is one of the few can can play that killer ball, skin a player,always lookslively and a constant hassle for defenders. They know there's no room for error against Zemmama. He definetly would have a place in my XI. He gives us something as bit different.

Everybody on here was kissing his erse on this due to his good form at the start of the season. A few weeks of poorer form and injury, and he's not good enough to merit a game?

Unfortunately the opinions of quite a few fans can change from week to week mate.:wink:

Keith_M
02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Gow will be played in the hole behind Stokes and Nish. C

Ooh Matron!

:greengrin

HFC 0-7
02-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Dont know if Zouma will bring much to the team just now with the pitch in such a state.

GlesgaeHibby
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
vs. Montrose, I'd like to see the following:

Brown

Thicot Hogg Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller

Gow

Stokes Riordan

Nish has missed a few too many chances of late and Zouma is just coming back from a period of injury (his creative ability is undoubted, but his recovery must be given time).

Thicot is never a RB. I'd be happy with him at CH but not as a RB. He's struggled when played at RB.

ShanksSaidNo
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Completely agree. I dont see where Zemmama fits into the team now, and i'm reasonably happy with that! I've said for a while that i feel he flatters to deceive too often. We've strengthened the squad again in this transfer window with Gow coming in as another attacking option - i think its time to move the wee man on. Let him get a move to the continent, somewhere that he can play in the sun for most of the season!

Sylar
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Thicot is never a RB. I'd be happy with him at CH but not as a RB. He's struggled when played at RB.

You weren't at Tannadice then?

Andy74
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM

And the only other time he played there he came on at right back at half time, stolled it and completely changed the game in our favour. Forget who it was against.

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Riordan is not a central striker, never has been and never will be. When played up front he runs off side as he has no awareness of defenders positioning, he doesn't have the body strength to hold off or out muscle a defender and lacks the pace to play off the shoulder.

When you add that he doesn't score enough goals for the chances that are created for him then it makes its own case, Benji set him up beautifully on Saturday and he fluffed his shot at the keeper. I was looking at his stats earlier, it listed 21 starts and 53 shots at goal, less than half were on target, he also only had 4 assists and for a player that takes the majority of our free kicks, corners and penalties his goals return and assist rate are poor.

Derek Riordan is a scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer and if we have ambitions to ever finish higher than 3rd then he is the sort of player that should be starting on the bench. We need 90 minute players and he simply isn't one. We have to start picking players for what they actually do not what they are capable of doing.

Expecting Rain
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Riordan is not a central striker, never has been and never will be. When played up front he runs off side as he has no awareness of defenders positioning, he doesn't have the body strength to hold off or out muscle a defender and lacks the pace to play off the shoulder.

When you add that he doesn't score enough goals for the chances that are created for him then it makes its own case, Benji set him up beautifully on Saturday and he fluffed his shot at the keeper. I was looking at his stats earlier, it listed 21 starts and 53 shots at goal, less than half were on target, he also only had 4 assists and for a player that takes the majority of our free kicks, corners and penalties his goals return and assist rate are poor.

Derek Riordan is a scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer and if we have ambitions to ever finish higher than 3rd then he is the sort of player that should be starting on the bench. We need 90 minute players and he simply isn't one. We have to start picking players for what they actually do not what they are capable of doing.

I think he could play just behind the main striker Frank.

IWasThere2016
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Who else would go though from the usual line up? Zemmama? If we are playing a player in the hole and having Nish and Stokes someone needs to drop right which doesn't suit Nish or Stokes. It would mean Riordan having to play a real narrow position on the left which isn't his game.

Smith

McBride

Miller Gow Riordan

Nish Stokes

Smith

Miller McBride

Zemmama Gow Riordan

Stokes
Or swapping Gow into Riordan's position and Nish in the hole if we need the big guy.

That's exactly how I see Yogi lining us up, Andy. It will be Nish out and Gowser behind Stokes :agree:

Hibs7
02-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Loads of options but I think Yogi will play Horses for Courses.

IWasThere2016
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Loads of options but I think Yogi will play Horses for Courses.

Like he did at Tannadice :grr: 4-1-4-1 = loadapish !! :agree:

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I think he could play just behind the main striker Frank.

Nish has been playing just behind the main striker, he may have missed some chances on Saturday but his workrate was and has been outstanding. Can you honestly say that Riordan would do as good a job?

I have always liked Derek as a player but he has not improved since he made his debut in fact if anything I'm not sure he's as good anymore, at least then he had an appetite for the game, not sure what he does now.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Nish has been playing just behind the main striker, he may have missed some chances on Saturday but his workrate was and has been outstanding. Can you honestly say that Riordan would do as good a job?

I have always liked Derek as a player but he has not improved since he made his debut in fact if anything I'm not sure he's as good anymore, at least then he had an appetite for the game, not sure what he does now.

Nish wouldn't be on my bus. Deek and Stokes, ably supported by Gow and Zouma please.

Expecting Rain
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Frank, in my opinion Nish couldn`t lace Riordan`s boots, he might work hard as does Rankin but they are severley lacking in quality and for me spoil the team. Deeks will never be a lead the line striker for the very reasons you posted but i think he could play off of the likes of Stokes and if need be on occasions Nish. It is worth a try.

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Nish wouldn't be on my bus. Deek and Stokes, ably supported by Gow and Zouma please.

So you would pick two players that have no work ethic at all and give us nothing defensively, Stokes and a guy that hasn't a kicked a ball for us yet over one of our best performing players in the last three games?

onemcnamara
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM

Absolutely agree. Nobody else doing so little for so long would get away with it. He might have been a match winner once but I'm certainly not seeing it at the moment. The reason we keep playing down the right is that Riordan doesn't find the positions to give him the ball on the left. And you're right...if anything he was even worse up front on Saturday. On that form Benji should be starting ahead of him, let alone Gow.

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I sometimes wonder what some Hibs fans actually see when they watch Riordan play?

Sooner or later you will have to see that it is players like Riordan that are holding the club back as much as the fans that revere him. There is no place in a top first team for a player with so little appetite for the game, there is a reason that he is playing for us, third place in the SPL is the highest standing in the game that he will ever achieve and for a player with his ability that is just sad.

Tyler Durden
02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I sometimes wonder what some Hibs fans actually see when they watch Riordan play?

Sooner or later you will have to see that it is players like Riordan that are holding the club back as much as the fans that revere him. There is no place in a top first team for a player with so little appetite for the game, there is a reason that he is playing for us, third place in the SPL is the highest standing in the game that he will ever achieve and for a player with his ability that is just sad.

I couldn't agree more - I wonder what you see when you watch Riordan?

To claim a player who's scored about 75 goals for Hibs is holding us back is a joke. He's not having a great spell at the moment but I think your views are well OTT personally.

To say "he doesn't score enough goals for the chances that are created for him" is just nonsense and using one example from Saturday's game doesnt cut it for me. Look at his record throughout his career and it's pretty silly to claim he misses alot of chances.

thedoc_l
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Absolutley spot on summary of Derek Riordan. He wouldn't be in my starting 11 based on what I've seen since he came back. He was very poor on Saturday but wasn't getting as much stick as Nish , also Benji did more in the 15 minutes he was on the park than Riordan did in the whole match.

He has undoubted technical ability but you need more than that to become a top player.

Gow is not the quickest but has a great first touch and holds the ball up well something that we lack.

Hibs90
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Smith
McBride
Miller
Zemmama Gow Riordan
Stokes

Bench:

Stack
Hanlon
McCormack
Gow
Galbraith
Nish
Benji

Stongest team IMO.

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I couldn't agree more - I wonder what you see when you watch Riordan?

To claim a player who's scored about 75 goals for Hibs is holding us back is a joke. He's not having a great spell at the moment but I think your views are well OTT personally.

To say "he doesn't score enough goals for the chances that are created for him" is just nonsense and using one example from Saturday's game doesnt cut it for me. Look at his record throughout his career and it's pretty silly to claim he misses alot of chances.

When was the last time his performance in a match was the difference between us winning and losing a game? When you would have awarded him MOM.

Bear in mind he's not a kid anymore, he is a senior player at the club and probably one of the highest paid too.

Diclonius
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
And the only other time he played there he came on at right back at half time, stolled it and completely changed the game in our favour. Forget who it was against.

Hamilton away?

Baw187
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM

I'm sorry but IMO, this is a load of pish.

Deek holding the team back???

He's played in central Midfield this year, being asked to cover a lot of ground on the left side with the way that Yogi likes the fullbacks to play, and you think he's holding the team back??? :confused: Behave.

He's also massivly involved a lot in the counter attacks that we have due to his quick thinking an vision, which has allowed us to score against the run of play and pick up points we may not have down in years gone by.

Riordan is Riordan. He gives you that extra special, intellegent play that you don't get with a team of work horses who have no vision. A team needs a mix of those type of players and the ones that work and IMO, we have the right balance.

Leave Deek out the team for a sustained period and see what happens. I'd actually like that to happen if only to show all you Deek haters that yer talking complete hairy baws.

Alex Trager
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Riordan can be a match winner, whereas Zouma can lose the ball all too often in midfield trying do too much and cost us.And has no appetite for a big match i.e hearts

Hibs90
02-02-2010, 01:22 PM
And has no appetite for a big match i.e hearts

Really?

YouTube - zemmama goal vs hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk)

J-C
02-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Riordan has been played as a left winger all season, obviously not his proper position, yet has still scored 10 goals for the club. When he was here before he linked up with O'Connor and was plating just off the main striker on the left hand side, for all you older guys out there, inside left position.

He's never been a back tracker and never will, yes he's tried a bit harder this year but ir's not in his make up to do this. He must be allowed to do what he does best, play just off the main striker coming in from the left onto his right.

RIP
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
This is a make or break year for Derek

Anthony, Liam, Colin and Benji have all upped their workrate and are playing for the team

Derek is still struggling with Yogi's work ethic. Listen to his interview after the Celtic game where he was asked to track Andreas Hinkel. If he does put in a hard shift he's blowing oot his erchie by half time. He's still not fit enough after a year whereas Stokesy and Big Nish now look trim and very sharp.

I love the guy and am so wanting him to succeed. But my standards are high.

Give me Derek Riordan with John Rankin's dedication and I'll show you a player that could take the EPL by storm!!

Dunbar Hibee
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Anthony, Liam, Colin and Benji have all upped their workrate and are playing for the team

Derek is still struggling with Yogi's work ethic. Listen to his interview after the Celtic game where he was asked to track Andreas Hinkel. If he does put in a hard shift he's blowing oot his erchie by half time. He's still not fit enough after a year whereas Stokesy and Big Nish now look trim and very sharp.

Give me Derek Riordan with John Rankin's dedication and I'll show you a player that could take the EPL by storm!!

You joking?

onemcnamara
02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I notice that nobody has Riordan as their player of the month. 13 players have votes. The only ones with zero are those that hardly or never played in january and Deeks. Riordan played every game and doesn't get one vote.

Just an observation.

Discuss.

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
That's exactly how I see Yogi lining us up, Andy. It will be Nish out and Gowser behind Stokes :agree:

Yep agree I think that will be the change.

HibeeDaz6270
02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
.............Smith..........
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray

........McBride Miller......

Spoony.....Gow.......Riordan

............Stokes............

HibbyKeith
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Neither of you were obviously :greengrin

Thicot came on at HT and played right side in a 3-5-2 formation when we had the ball with murray and spoony dropping back to make 5-3-2 when we didnt have possesion. so technically thicot did NOT play RB at tanadice.:wink:

HibeeDaz6270
02-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Thicot came on at HT and played right side in a 3-5-2 formation when we had the ball with murray and spoony dropping back to make 5-3-2 when we didnt have possesion. so technically thicot did NOT play RB at tanadice.:wink:

It was actually a 3 4 3 formation. My first thoughts at the game was 3 5 2, but it wasnt, it was 3 4 3.

Sylar
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM

Ach, it was the right side of the back line :greengrin - how much of an adaptation can it take to adapt from the right side of a 3 to RB?? :confused:

ancient hibee
02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
When was the last time his performance in a match was the difference between us winning and losing a game? When you would have awarded him MOM.

Bear in mind he's not a kid anymore, he is a senior player at the club and probably one of the highest paid too.
Well just to be pedantic against I.M.he was involved in all 3 goals.Against Hearts he dropped the ball on Stokes head for the equaliser.Against Aberdeen he got the goal that made it safe.Still let's not bother about facts when it's opinions that count.

Big Frank
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Well done deeks. Out of position (imo), under utilised (imo), yet can still hit double figures and have the most assists at the club (source EEN).

I think he is having a crisis of confidence just now, and think he could do with a spot on the bench.

Anyhoo, his treatment on hibs.net is utterly disgusting. It honks of yams, deepfried undercover yams.

Riordan is class.

END OF

Baw187
02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Well just to be pedantic against I.M.he was involved in all 3 goals.Against Hearts he dropped the ball on Stokes head for the equaliser.Against Aberdeen he got the goal that made it safe.Still let's not bother about facts when it's opinions that count.

:agree:

Well said that man. I cannae believe the folk that are blind to what Deek brings to the team without even scratching the surface of his contributions. So he doesn't play wi a smile on his face so he's pish and offers nowt. Aye good one.

onemcnamara
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
:agree:

Well said that man. I cannae believe the folk that are blind to what Deek brings to the team without even scratching the surface of his contributions. So he doesn't play wi a smile on his face so he's pish and offers nowt. Aye good one.

Fair enough. He's a talented player and nobody is denying that.
But I can't believe people are blind to his inadequacies. He was murder on Saturday, and by all accounts he was murder against Celtic. Not one person has given him a vote for player of the month. And still it's regarded as treachery to discuss dropping him to the bench for a spell!

I want to find the right position for him. But I don't believe it's left wing. Strange though that Steven Fletcher who in my opinion is far superior to Riordan (and is showing it now in the Premiership) never got as much love from the Hibs fans

ancient hibee
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Fair enough. He's a talented player and nobody is denying that.
But I can't believe people are blind to his inadequacies. He was murder on Saturday, and by all accounts he was murder against Celtic. Not one person has given him a vote for player of the month. And still it's regarded as treachery to discuss dropping him to the bench for a spell!

I want to find the right position for him. But I don't believe it's left wing. Strange though that Steven Fletcher who in my opinion is far superior to Riordan (and is showing it now in the Premiership) never got as much love from the Hibs fans
But why would anyone vote for him for player of the month when he clearly hasn't been?That would imply that those of us who think he's a terrific player and an asset to the team are as daft as those that think he's lazy and rubbish.

onemcnamara
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
My point is that he is clearly off form just now - the no votes confirms it -and only when on form is he an asset. Therefore we might do better for the team and him by changing things in that position.

No one has said he is rubbish but even Ryan Giggs gets dropped now and then.

ancient hibee
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
My point is that he is clearly off form just now - the no votes confirms it -and only when on form is he an asset. Therefore we might do better for the team and him by changing things in that position.

No one has said he is rubbish but even Ryan Giggs gets dropped now and then.
Lots have people have said he's rubbish in fact.Ryan Giggs never gets dropped-it depends on the formation Ferguson wants and of course he has one or two more players to pick from than us.

Franck is God
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM

So you are using a match in October, the only thing he did in the Hearts match and being involved in 3 goals against amateur opposition as your facts.

Anyway I wasn't questioning his talent or his ability to score goals for us.

I asked for someone to tell me a game where he has produced a MOM performance. Considering he cost us almost half a million pounds and making him our best paid player to bring him back to the club that he basically shat on I think its not a lot to ask for?

onemcnamara
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Ryan Giggs never gets dropped

Dropped/Rested/Squad rotation - call it what you like. Some times you're on fire - sometimes you're not. When you're not there's a chance you won't be in the team no matter the formation. Even for Ryan Giggs.

silverhibee
02-02-2010, 08:31 PM
So you are using a match in October, the only thing he did in the Hearts match and being involved in 3 goals against amateur opposition as your facts.

I asked for someone to tell me a game where he has produced a MOM performance. Considering he cost us almost half a million pounds and making him our best paid player to bring him back to the club that he basically shat on I think its not a lot to ask for?

I am sure he got a couple of MOM awards in November, think that was the same month he won POTM award, and there is others.

ancient hibee
03-02-2010, 07:04 PM

You asked for games where he made the difference between winning and losing so I just gave you three off the top of my head.As I said I realise that facts don't matter to someone with strong opinions.

Alfred E Newman
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM

Exactly, and he wouldn`t be playing for the Hibs.

Franck is God
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
You asked for games where he made the difference between winning and losing so I just gave you three off the top of my head.As I said I realise that facts don't matter to someone with strong opinions.

Would like to make it clear that I really rate Riordan as a player but he is simply not producing to his ability, surely even the most ardent of Riordan fans has to concede that?

He still does not look fit and does not get involved in the game as much as he should. He never demands the ball, never goes looking for it and can't wait to get rid of it as soon as it lands at his feet. I want to get the best out of him because if we do we have one of the best attacking goal scorers in the league, at the moment that is not the player we have.

We have just signed Alan Gow until the end of the season and young Danny Galbraith is champing at the bit to get a game. I would just like to see Riordan treated the same as any other player at the club by the management and the fans, poor form means being dropped and the performances that he produced five years ago should not get in the way of him being criticised for it.

hibee62
03-02-2010, 08:32 PM

When did he score against Aberdeen this season? Wasnt it Nish and Miller and Stokes*2?

Anyway, he has alledgedly said he prefers to be on the wing, but he leaves our left back exposed, but IMHO he's too similar to Stokes to play alongside, and at moment Stokes is in better form.

He has much improved this season on last but for me is still not worth a place in the side at the moment, no matter how good he is, we have players in better form IMO.

Winston Ingram
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM

That's how we do line up:agree:

Winston Ingram
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Smith
McBride
Miller
Zemmama Gow Riordan
Stokes

Bench:

Stack
Hanlon
McCormack
Gow
Galbraith
Nish
Benji

Stongest team IMO.

Particularly with 2 Alan Gow's though I'd prefer 2 Liam Millers or 2 Kevin McBride's:wink:

Long suffering
03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't doubt for one minute what Riordan achieved for us before Celtic, but I believe that his all round game back then was so much better than it is now. Aside from statistics about all his shots or assists or whatever, the honest truth is that his performance levels have just been so poor at times this season. He appears to be the one untouchable in the team who just can't be dropped. I struggle to see how Benji and Nish are in and out of the team when Riordan gets his came everyweek and the majority of the time really struggles.

H113EE5
03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Thank God that there's another free thinking spirit on this board and not another Deek sychophant. Franck is God is totally correct. How the hell Stokes was hooked before Riordan on Saturday is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Deek maybe has a clause in his contract that bars him from being dropped or substituted or has he something on Yogi!!!!!!

Hibby 2005
03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
There's only one way to find out if Deek can still cut it up front and that is to put him there! Having Gow in the line-up may be the answer.

H113EE5
03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
He was there for the last 20 minutes against St Mirren and missed a 1 on 1 on his right foot. He not fast or strong enough after his holiday at Darkheid.

silverhibee
03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
He was there for the last 20 minutes against St Mirren and missed a 1 on 1 on his right foot. He not fast or strong enough after his holiday at Darkheid.

And how many chances did Nish miss at the weekend.

hfc rd
03-02-2010, 10:57 PM

Smith

McBride

Miller Gow Riordan

Nish Stokes

Smith

Miller McBride

Zemmama Gow Riordan

Stokes

The team in bold would be my ideal starting eleven.

Franck is God
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
And how many chances did Nish miss at the weekend.

Pretty sure nobody has said that Nish was a better player.

It is my opinion that Nish gives more to the team overall but Deek can be a better player. This thread was whether Deek should be played as a central striker or even on the pitch at all.

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2010, 11:49 AM
FFS the guys not even been playing as a striker but manages to hit double figures playing out of position,talk about blood out of a stone,the guys a forward not a bleedin backtrackeer or defender or winger or midfielder,hes a bleedin forward goal scoring machine,and as for not pulling his weight,have you actually seen the amount of runnin aboot he does,he is completely nackered due to the amount of effort he puts in,Ive not been a big supporter of Deeks but since coming back from his waste of time at darkheid his allround game and effort has got significantly better and for those of you criticising his effort and saying he is worse or unfit:bitchy:ffs,gie the lad a break.If you work for a company as a consultant you dont expect to come to work and be told you will now be cleaning the toilet because theres been job changes.

J-C
04-02-2010, 01:13 PM
FFS the guys not even been playing as a striker but manages to hit double figures playing out of position,talk about blood out of a stone,the guys a forward not a bleedin backtrackeer or defender or winger or midfielder,hes a bleedin forward goal scoring machine,and as for not pulling his weight,have you actually seen the amount of runnin aboot he does,he is completely nackered due to the amount of effort he puts in,Ive not been a big supporter of Deeks but since coming back from his waste of time at darkheid his allround game and effort has got significantly better and for those of you criticising his effort and saying he is worse or unfit:bitchy:ffs,gie the lad a break.If you work for a company as a consultant you dont expect to come to work and be told you will now be cleaning the toilet because theres been job changes.

And breathe. :greengrin

:top marks

silverhibee
04-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Well done deeks. Out of position (imo), under utilised (imo), yet can still hit double figures and have the most assists at the club (source EEN).

I think he is having a crisis of confidence just now, and think he could do with a spot on the bench.

Anyhoo, his treatment on hibs.net is utterly disgusting. It honks of yams, deepfried undercover yams.
Riordan is class.

END OF

I'm with you BF. something stinks.

seanraff07
04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
.............Smith..........
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray

........McBride Miller......

Spoony.....Gow.......Riordan

............Stokes............

I'd play Brown instead of Smith.
Galbraith instead of Riordan.
Put Riordan upfront at half-time as he's so much better there IMO.

Phil MaGlass
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
JC50, Iused to live in ParkGrove Crescent,u live nearby.

ancient hibee
04-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I think you are far too sensible to be taking part in this debate.

H113EE5
04-02-2010, 06:39 PM
You his father or agent? Running??????? what games are you watching. At the moment and for the past few games, he's a lazy, moanin' waste of a jersey.

H113EE5
04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Typical of the Riordanites. Any who dares to suggest that he's not worth his place in the Team, at the present time, are deemed to be Jambos. Fantastic piece of logical deduction. Erses!

Hibby Bairn
04-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Riordan is a goalscorer. That's it. Play him up front, give him the ball and let him score goals. Forget all this tracking back cack.

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical of the Riordanites. Any who dares to suggest that he's not worth his place in the Team, at the present time, are deemed to be Jambos. Fantastic piece of logical deduction. Erses!

he has hit double figures playing on the wing, care to mention other wingers with the same return rate? :cool2:

Alfred E Newman
04-02-2010, 07:12 PM
You would not think reading some of the nonsense on here that we had just won our last three league games, including a rare win at Celtic Park, and sit one game off 2nd spot in the table. Unbelievable.

RIP
04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
JC50, Iused to live in ParkGrove Crescent,u live nearby.

Me and my wee brother Ian lived at No 70

Street wis full of Yams

Apart from Gary Prentice at 62

Big Frank
04-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Dreadful.

SolentHibee
05-02-2010, 07:28 AM
'Riordanite' - that explains the lack-lustre displays then.

All we need to do then is remove any maroon-glowing minerals found on the wings and he'll be back to his energetic best.

Expecting Rain
05-02-2010, 09:29 AM

Relax Phil, it will be Liam Miller next.

J-C
05-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Funny, Lineaker, Greaves, Collymore etc are all fantastic goalscorers but lazy sods as well, would you have wanted any of them booted out of the team if they played for us, erm I think no is the answer.

Dinkydoo
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
--------------------Smith---------------

W'spoon--------Hogg-----Bamba-------Murray

----------------Miller------McBride----------

-----------Zuma------Gow------Deeks------------

----------------------Stokes---------------------

:thumbsup: Looks like a great team on paper doesn't it!!

Think some on here are way ott in regards to Zuma and Deek's overall contribution to the team. The team as a whole have played pretty inconsistently over the season so far - yet we have the quality to pick up results.

Deeks has had an improved work rate this season and still manages to chip-in with quite a few goals considering he's virtually a midfielder at present.

Zuma is recently back from injury and hasn't pl;ayed brilliantly of late but he's still one of the most talented players I've ever seen at the club.

'Not Hibs quality' and 'holding the team back' :blah:

What does Rankin do for 90 minutes each game!

:faf: