PDA

View Full Version : Real quality signings by Yogi

johncrobertson@
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
When was the last time we had a run of real quality signings that Yogi has made?. And a real well done to the Board for backing him to the hilt!

Smith and Brown - 2 keepers we have liked for sometime

Stokes and Gow - 2 really good footballers as well as strikers

Miller - great passer and real quality footballer

McBride - real surprise signing - great all round player:thumbsup:

noseyhibby
01-02-2010, 10:06 PM
When was the last time we had a run of real quality signings that Yogi has made?. And a real well done to the Board for backing him to the hilt!

Hear Hear! I totally agree.

hibee6
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anybody think we'll get our right back

PaulSmith
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
And well done to the board for backing him to the hilt.

Smith
witherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray
McBride
MIller
Deek
Zemmama
Gow
Stokes.

noseyhibby

Only Hughes can answer that..hopefully tonight..Fingers crossed:dunno:

MountcastleHibs

:top marks

I sure is a great time to be a hibby :agree::thumbsup:

ggth
Yes 100% agree, what a difference
we have had our fair amount of dross signings from previous managers.

Makes a nice change, thanks to the board and YOGI.....

Jones28
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM

I think we've got an excellent right back in Wotherspoon :agree:

Mibbes Aye
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM

:agree: Agree wholeheartedly.

In fairness to Hibs, we've been doing well on the signing front for a while. Yogi has been able to bring in players who would look to have been outwith our means until relatively recently. Even before that we had Mixu being given the scope to bring back the likes of Riordan and Murray. And prior to that, JC got a fair amount to spend as well.

Got to imagine we're still paying within our means, which is a credit to the board's belief in sticking to long-term thinking that underpins the club's direction.

Littlest Hobo
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Yogi has an eye for a player that much is true. I just hope he stays long enough to finish what he's started.:thumbsup:

Davy Mac
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM

In fairness to Hibs, we've been doing well on the signing front for a while. Yogi has been able to bring in players who would look to have been outwith our means until relatively recently. Even before that we had Mixu being given the scope to bring back the likes of Riordan and Murray. And prior to that, JC got a fair amount to spend as well.

Got to imagine we're still paying within our means, which is a credit to the board's belief in sticking to long-term thinking that underpins the club's direction.

Amen..........:agree:

GreenCastle
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Part of the reason I was delighted when he was named manager.

He showed at Falkirk he could get players in - on loan or not. Still players that had something to prove and do well.

He's carried that on here :thumbsup:

Never been a huge fan of the board but they really seem to trust Yogi.

3rd place is going to be tough but has to be our objective.

Imagine if they announce the new stand in the next few days also :dizzy:

Surely the fans need to keep backing the team also :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Not a Gatthuessi in sight, nor a Keenan

C'mon the Yogi :greengrin

matty_f
01-02-2010, 11:02 PM

Hank Schrader
01-02-2010, 11:06 PM

:cool2:

Judas Iscariot
Brown :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY

Nor a Zarabi or a Showummi

Jonnyboy
01-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Nor a Zarabi or a Showummi

And dare I add not a Malkowski or Brown :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Thats what impresses me every time we sign someone. He improves the team/squad every time. I love the man.:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Cmon Yogi, bring back HKT :notworthy:

Riordans Boots
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Brown :wink:

Stand corrected N10. Have you noticed the match programmes have Stack in the 'Today's team sheet' And not Smith ?? Shame. And that's been the last few home games :agree:

Pretty Boy
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
To be perfectly honest i never wanted Yogi at Hibs. I didn't see what he would bring that would improve us. I was worried he would spend money on over the hill players or Falkirk rejects. I had a moan when he signed McBride and Cregg.

I was obviously more pleased with the signings of Stokes, Stack and Miller but was still unconvinced that Yogi was the man to get the best from them.

I have made it clear over the last few weeks but it does no harm to say it again. I gotit wrong big time. Yogis' enthusiaism for Hibs is infectious. McBride was an inspired signing for no money, Miller seems to be loving it here, we have added quality in the goalkeepeing department and have an embarassment of attacking options. Yogi has us trying to play football the right way but with a gritty and determined edge.

Sure it doesn't click every week but we are getting points on the board even when we aren't playing well. I honestly believe over the next 2 or 3 transfer windows that we will build a real quality squad and hopefully be capable of pushing the OF all the way. There is no reason why we can't do this as it seems everyone at Hibs is currently pulling in the same direction.

It's a good time to be a Hibby and huge credit for that has to go to John hughes and also Rod Petrie for backing him wherever possible.:notworthy:

Jonnyboy
01-02-2010, 11:17 PM
To be perfectly honest i never wanted Yogi at Hibs. I didn't see what he would bring that would improve us. I was worried he would spend money on over the hill players or Falkirk rejects. I had a moan when he signed McBride and Cregg.

I was obviously more pleased with the signings of Stokes, Stack and Miller but was still unconvinced that Yogi was the man to get the best from them.

I have made it clear over the last few weeks but it does no harm to say it again. I gotit wrong big time. Yogis' enthusiaism for Hibs is infectious. McBride was an inspired signing for no money, Miller seems to be loving it here, we have added quality in the goalkeepeing department and have an embarassment of attacking options. Yogi has us trying to play football the right way but with a gritty and determined edge.

Sure it doesn't click every week but we are getting points on the board even when we aren't playing well. I honestly believe over the next 2 or 3 transfer windows that we will build a real quality squad and hopefully be capable of pushing the OF all the way. There is no reason why we can't do this as it seems everyone at Hibs is currently pulling in the same direction.

It's a good time to be a Hibby and huge credit for that has to go to John hughes and also Rod Petrie for backing him wherever possible.:notworthy:

Well said that man :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Well done, it takes a big man to admit they were wrong. :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
01-02-2010, 11:21 PM
There was a time when we were saying...when was the last time Hibs signed a player we had heard of....think the reply was Stephen Glass.

Recently we have had several players the fans have heard of and are overall pretty average in world football but SPL are the reason we are currently in 3rd.:thumbsup:

sesoim
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I really can't see anyone pipping us for 3rd with the squad we have at the moment. Now we just need a bit more luck in the cup...

Like everyone here, I have to say well done to Petrie and co for the signings this season. I thought the board was overly tight in the past, but they are certainly coming good now.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I really can't see anyone pipping us for 3rd with the squad we have at the moment. Now we just need a bit more luck in the cup...

Like everyone here, I have to say well done to Petrie and co for the signings this season. I thought the board was overly tight in the past, but they are certainly coming good now.

Yip i agree with all that. :top marks

jacomo
01-02-2010, 11:35 PM

In truth the Board is speculating a little bit... without Fletcher's transfer fee last summer we'd have made a fairly hefty loss last season, and our spending has increased again this season.

But if results improve in line with the budget (and that seems to be happening) then the club will continue to grow.

noseyhibby
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Yip i agree with all that. :top marks

I second that!

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2010, 10:08 AM
all it needs is more fans to turn up at the games.
Thank god ahm no a yam,waking up this morning to find the only wheeling the big team done was to sign a tattooed fu--fwit

J-C
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
What I have noticed is that players who played out of their skins for Yogi at Falkirk didn't seem to do it when they left, 2 of them have linked up again and are different class, Miller has rediscovered his guile, Riordan is enjoying his football again and the squad seem to be playing for each other. I think whatever is his man management style it seems to work, it gets the best out of players. :greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
02-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Looking at his signings, I can't help wondering whether Yogi wants us to play the subbuteo 2-3-5 formation. If so, bring it on ! :thumbsup:

brydekirk
02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Thank god ahm no a yam,waking up this morning to find the only wheeling the big team done was to sign a tattooed fu--fwit

:agree: i know money is tight for some supporters but that doesnt mean we cant raise the atmosphere a bar or two :thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Thats what impresses me every time we sign someone. He improves the team/squad every time. I love the man.:thumbsup:

and we all seem to know a bit about the players brought in as well.

the gow loan signing is excellent as well. gow has until the end of the season to show to us all he is worth keeping and will bust a gut.

jeez, we have some attacking options !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM

theyve no signed robbie williams have they ?:wink:

ShanksSaidNo
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
In truth the Board is speculating a little bit... without Fletcher's transfer fee last summer we'd have made a fairly hefty loss last season, and our spending has increased again this season.

But if results improve in line with the budget (and that seems to be happening) then the club will continue to grow.
But thats exactly how clubs like ours need to run... we breed class acts through the academy - sell them on for a big sum and live off that money for the next few seasons. Petrie is a shrewd business man and there's noway he'll let us out-spend what we can afford.
We're going from strength to strength, the Huns have stagnated and Hertz are going backwards. The futures looking bright.

MB62
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Yogis' enthusiaism for Hibs is infectious. McBride was an inspired signing for no money, Miller seems to be loving it here, we have added quality in the goalkeepeing department and have an embarassment of attacking options. Yogi has us trying to play football the right way but with a gritty and determined edge.

Saved me writing exactly the same stuff, well said.