PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Facebook Page

MountcastleHibs
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Why don't the club set up an official facebook page linked to the official site?

I know that the big team do it, and a few other clubs. Just a suggestion to bring the club into the social networking age.

duncs
01-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Why don't the club set up an official facebook page linked to the official site?

I know that the big team do it, and a few other clubs. Just a suggestion to bring the club into the social networking age.

Because it looks embarrassing. Well that's my opinion, I've got mates who have become fans of Hearts on facebook and it's just cringe - I don't see any benefit Hibs get out of it to be honest - unless it can be proven you would be do something different that the papers and our own website do, then what's the point?

Steve-O
02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Because it looks embarrassing. Well that's my opinion, I've got mates who have become fans of Hearts on facebook and it's just cringe - I don't see any benefit Hibs get out of it to be honest - unless it can be proven you would be do something different that the papers and our own website do, then what's the point?

More hits on page = more money from advertising = more money for Hibs.

Why is it any more embarrassing to be a fan of Hibs (or whoever) on Facebook than to post on this website regularly? :confused:

cheeky moonkeh
02-02-2010, 07:53 AM
must admit, i'm a fan off the hearts site on facebook and they are quite good at keeping you upto date about things that are happening. Think its a good idea!!! :agree:

H18sry
02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
must admit, i'm a fan off the hearts site on facebook and they are quite good at keeping you upto date about things that are happening. Think its a good idea!!! :agree:

There would not have been much action on it last night then was there :faf::faf:

cheeky moonkeh
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
There would not have been much action on it last night then was there :faf::faf:

your right there, no there wasn't much going on. But meant in general, i think it is a good idea.

Andy74
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM

Web sites for web sites, never followed it myself, Hibs have a website, will people really look for Hibs through facebook? Why not just go to the Hibs website?

Calvin
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Web sites for web sites, never followed it myself, Hibs have a website, will people really look for Hibs through facebook? Why not just go to the Hibs website?

I certainly don't visit the Hibs website more then twice a week, but if there was any important news (ticket sales etc.) then I think it would be handy to have it popping up on my page.

MountcastleHibs
02-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I certainly don't visit the Hibs website more then twice a week, but if there was any important news (ticket sales etc.) then I think it would be handy to have it popping up on my page.

That was my reasoning for having the thought of the club setting one up.

Don't get me wrong I do visit the website, but three times a week at the most. If I had the important snippets of information popping up on my facebook home page it would mean I, and other fans like me, wouldn't miss anything.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
That was my reasoning for having the thought of the club setting one up.

Don't get me wrong I do visit the website, but three times a week at the most. If I had the important snippets of information popping up on my facebook home page it would mean I, and other fans like me, wouldn't miss anything.

I think its about striking the right balance. Too many tweets and all that (one thing I do agree with Cameron on). IMO too much information gets in the way of what organisations are trying to say.

It also sets a level of expectation. I'd far rather there was a one stop shop that was efficient dont want things duplicated for no reason. I believe the club are trying to achieve this. There is of course Hibernian TV (which I've not yet sampled). Is there not a way to subscribe to updates on websites via facebook anyway?

I suppose you could liken the clubs current position to the approach they took with the shop - one and only one and you know where it is (and online). In constast to Hearts - here today who knows tomorrow.