PDA

View Full Version : NHC Robbie Keane on loan to Celtc

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Robbie Keane on his way to celtic park for talks.

Hibernian Verse
*****, Robbie Keane is on his way to Glasgow to sign a loan deal for Sellick....:grr:

Westie1875
Robbie Keane possibly to Celtc on loan according to sky, surely they can't afford his wages?

I'm_cabbaged
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Robbie Keane to Celtc on loan. :bitchy:

Cabbage East
Keane to the scaffs :faf:

whereswallace?
Robbie Keane on his way to celtic park for talks.

That will be some signing!

Cabbage East
01-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Everytime i've seen him play recently he's been pish.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
That'll probably be even bigger than the Bellamy signing. :boo hoo:

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Have you ever thought about the gulf in class between the SPL and the Premiership?

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 04:12 PM

Robbie Keane would score tons of goals up here.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2010, 04:12 PM

:agree: He'll be a great signing.

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM

He would have a few years ago. Not so sure now.

Folk will say "he's only 29", but he has a lot of miles on the clock, so to speak, as he started playing professionally at 17.

Barney McGrew
Have you ever thought about the gulf in class between the SPL and the Premiership?

The top half dozen clubs in the Premiership yes, but if diddies like Ricardo Fuller and Shelton Martis can get a start down there it doesn't really back up your point :greengrin

matty_f

:agree: He'll be a great signing.

:agree:

He's a cracking player.

Storar
Terrible news for us if it happens. Would be like them signing Bellamy a few years ago. Robbie Keane will walk the SPL and could really kill off our hopes for a 2nd place finish

Cameron1875
The reason why we cant really compete tbh. Could you imagine rodders buying someone of keanes stature. Recently he has been awful though and getting bit older.

ScottB
We've really terrified them into prizing open the biscuit tin!

KerPlunk
01-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Earlier on Guardian's rolling transfer news forum :-

5.11pm: On Sky Sports News, excitable Scot Jim White is beside himself with the news that Robbie Keane is off to Celtic. He looks like a dog with two tails.

2.54pm: No genuine, not-blatantly-invented rumours involving Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool all day, excluding very young people joining lower division sides on loan. It's clearly not the biggest day on the football calendar for any of those sides. Robbie Keane's wikipedia entry has been edited 24 times in the last half-hour.

2.52pm: Robbie Keane "is currently on his way to Tesco's, as he is out of milk", and then "is currently on his way to the Labour party to become leader, making it his first spell as the prime minister." Enough now, surely. "I hope he's not checking his entry today to see to which club the board are sending him to, "writes Adrian Cooper. "He will have wasted a fortune in RyanAir cancellation charges by now if so."

2.46pm: Robbie Keane wikipedia update! We've passed through "He is currently on his way to McLaren for the remainder of the season on loan. This would be his first spell in Formula One." and are currently at "He is currently on his way to Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season on loan. This will be his first spell on loan at a club which he is actually signed for anyway."

2.38pm: Middlesbrough have accepted Manchester City's bid for Adam Johnson! Meanwhile, I'm told that since I mentioned Robbie Keane's Wikipedia entry at 2.14 it has been changed several times, including at one point claiming he was about to join Meadowbank Thistle on loan. "This would be his first spell at a club not currently in existence," it reported. He's currently on his way to Tranmere.

Keane to Celtc ? Nah...............:bitchy:

Deek01
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
keane and kamara upfront !!...good business today by the weedge

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:16 PM
The top half dozen clubs in the Premiership yes, but if diddies like Ricardo Fuller and Shelton Martis can get a start down there it doesn't really back up your point :greengrin

Ricardo Fuller is 10 times the player he ever was at Hearts and Martis was never an out and out starter. There you go, I backed it up :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
Terrible news for us if it happens. Would be like them signing Bellamy a few years ago. Robbie Keane will walk the SPL and could really kill off our hopes for a 2nd place finish

:confused: Lets be honest, there isn't much chance of us getting 2nd regardless of them signing Keane or not.

They have signed a lot of new players to help them push for the title, and still have players like Maloney and Brown to come back from injury.

The depth of Celtics squad is far greater than ours, and will see them get at least 2nd place.

bingo70
The reason why we cant really compete tbh. Could you imagine rodders buying someone of keanes stature. Recently he has been awful though and getting bit older.

TBF he's not only just started to get a bit older recently :greengrin :wink:

IMO he would be an excellent signing for them unfortunately, i don't think there's any chance we'll finish second regardless if he signs for them or not though.

Winston Ingram
01-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Not on his current form(by current form I mean the last year and a half)

He's been ****in woeful. Spurs forums are delighted:agree:

persevere1875
Cant believe keanes available and Petrie hasnt got him on board :grr::grr::wink:

Part/Time Supporter
:confused: Lets be honest, there isn't much chance of us getting 2nd regardless of them signing Keane or not.

They have signed a lot of new players to help them push for the title, and still have players like Maloney and Brown to come back from injury.

The depth of Celtics squad is far greater than ours, and will see them get at least 2nd place.

Nowt to do with "securing 2nd", it's a fairly desperate bid to catch the stickies.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Ricardo Fuller is 10 times the player he ever was at Hearts and Martis was never an out and out starter. There you go, I backed it up :greengrin

Not really

There is a gulf in class between the top six or so down south and the SPL, but then there's also a massive gulf in class between the top six down south and the other fourteen.

If it's that big a difference then how come every preseason we see SPL teams getting good results against EPL teams?

Sky constantly rattle on about the EPL being the best league in the world, but it's not. It's the richest league in the world, but just because they spend astronomical amounts on wages, it doesn't make the players astronomically better :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Not on his current form(by current form I mean the last year and a half)

He's been ****in woeful. Spurs forums are delighted:agree:

Might mean Pavluychenko getting a game a bit more often, instead of having to placate Keane with random appearances.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Not really :greengrin

There is a gulf in class between the top six or so down south and the SPL, but then there's also a massive gulf in class between the top six down south and the other fourteen.

If it's that big a difference then how come every preseason we see SPL teams getting good results against EPL teams?

Because they're friendlies.

Based on that, if we moved to the EPL, we'd have a chance of getting 7th?

I'm_cabbaged
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Not really :greengrin

Cause we're usually a week or 2 infront of them training wise.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Because they're friendlies.

Based on that, if we moved to the EPL, we'd have a chance of getting 7th?

They're still competitive games for teams at the same stage of their preparation for the season ahead.

If we had the money to spend that the EPL clubs do, then yes we'd have a chance of seventh over time.

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Cause we're usually a week or 2 infront of them training wise.

That wasn't the case this season.

Huns beat Man City, Hearts drew with Sunderland, Hibs drew with Blackburn and Bolton, St. Johnstone beat Burnley.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:24 PM
They're still competitive games for teams at the same stage of their preparation for the season ahead.

If we had the money to spend that the EPL clubs do, then yes we'd have a chance of seventh over time.

:greengrin: Changing your story now. We work in the present.

Based on the assumption that there isn't that much of a gulf we could beat Brum, Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke etc etc over the rigours of a season.

I'm sorry, but Hangeland is 5 times the player Chris Hogg is, as is Shawcross etc and they are in the bottom half of the EPL.

Robbie Keane will score goals.

zlatan
Bad for us but it'll be good to see players like Keane playing at Easter Road.

I know he's an awful human being but Bellamys performance against us was a joy to watch when he destroyed us all on his own.

heidtheba
Let's look on the bright side here with the Keane (possible) move...he'll use up a large wedge of the wages, will therefore probably be undroppable and might bomb in the same way that other, fairly successful, EPL players did - see Juaninho, Keane and that scandanavian bloke Rangers signed from Chelsea (what was his name?).
Well thats what I'm hoping for anyway...

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
That wasn't the case this season.

Huns beat Man City, Hearts drew with Sunderland, Hibs drew with Blackburn and Bolton, St. Johnstone beat Burnley.

Hearts can't beat half the SPL, they would never beat Sunderland over a season. Hibs likewise with Blackburn and Bolton and St. Johnstone certainly could not beat Fletcher and co. You would think that by that St. Js could put up a decent fight against Chelsea...

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM

:agree: We have done extremely well to get to February and still be on the coat-tails of Celtic. Their resources, their squad and their financial clout is in a different league to Hibs' and I believe that they will end up being at least 15 points ahead of us by the end of the season.

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Hearts can't beat half the SPL, they would never beat Sunderland over a season. Hibs likewise with Blackburn and Bolton and St. Johnstone certainly could not beat Fletcher and co. You would think that by that St. Js could put up a decent fight against Chelsea...

Who is saying anything about finishing above teams over the course of a season?

I'm just pointing out that Robbie Keane has struggled to get a regular game over the last two seasons, since his ludicrous transfer to Liverpool. There must be some reason for this. Just because he is now (apparently) moving to Celtic doesn't mean that he is going to piss all over the SPL. There's plenty of examples of big name players coming up from down south who have not done well, mainly because they have been near finished in England and are just looking for a healthy payday and easy life up here. I think there is a reasonable chance that Keane will fit that model. The point of the preseason results is that you can't just show up and say "we're a PL team, we're entitled to win the game and score loads of goals". Football is more complex than that.

zlatan
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM

We're just pointing out that Robbie Keane has struggled to get a regular game over the last two seasons, since his ludicrous transfer to Liverpool. There must be some reason for this. Just because he is now (apparently) moving to Celtic doesn't mean that he is going to piss all over the SPL. There's plenty of examples of big name players coming up from down south who have not done well, mainly because they have been near finished in England and are just looking for a healthy payday and easy life up here.

Anthony Stokes was in a similar position and he's not doing to bad now.

If Keane hits the ground running he'll be having a laugh up here.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
:greengrin: Changing your story now. We work in the present.

Based on the assumption that there isn't that much of a gulf we could beat Brum, Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke etc etc over the rigours of a season.

I'm sorry, but Hangeland is 5 times the player Chris Hogg is, as is Shawcross etc and they are in the bottom half of the EPL.

Robbie Keane will score goals.

I do think that our first XI would give their first XI a game, yes. As it stands, we don't have the depth of squad that they have, and that's what we would need to compete with them over a season.

Hangeland may be 5 times the player Hogg is, but his wages will be knocking on 10 or 15 times Hogg's. EPL players are well overpaid, and gap in ability isn't that big IMO.

But yes, I agree Keane will score goals up here - you don't score the number he has at club and international level without being a class act. It remains to be seen how much of his wages Celtic will end up paying, and that could well end up biting them on the erse because it's going to be a sizable chunk of the £80k he's reportedly on.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm just pointing out that Robbie Keane has struggled to get a regular game over the last two seasons, since his ludicrous transfer to Liverpool. There must be some reason for this. Just because he is now (apparently) moving to Celtic doesn't mean that he is going to piss all over the SPL. There's plenty of examples of big name players coming up from down south who have not done well, mainly because they have been near finished in England and are just looking for a healthy payday and easy life up here. I think there is a reasonable chance that Keane will fit that model. The point of the preseason results is that you can't just show up and say "we're a PL team, we're entitled to win the game and score loads of goals". Football is more complex than that.

I still think Keane will, in fact, piss all over the SPL. I'd love to be proved wrong but Bellamy did that when he came up.

Hainan Hibs
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Jesus christ, this thread is enough to tan your wrists with.

Sometimes wonder why people actually bother their arse to follow Hibs if the football here is that bad.

Crab Ferguson is somehow managing to pull off good performances in the heavenly Premiership, and oh dear god another player from the hell that is the SPL, Steven Fletcher, has managed to bang in more than a few goals in the EPL.

It always gets to me why Scottish Hibs fans somehow take pure delight in putting the SPL and Scottish football down on .net. If it's that bad then **** off and support your glorious EPL teams full time.

Rant over:grr::greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Anthony Stokes was in a similar position and he's not doing to bad now.

If Keane hits the ground running he'll be having a laugh up here.

Slight difference between a 21 year old keen to get his career back on track and a 29 year old (30 in July) who has done it all and made a mint already.

Ozyhibby
01-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Sometimes wonder why people actually bother their arse to follow Hibs if the football here is that bad.

Crab Ferguson is somehow managing to pull off good performances in the heavenly Premiership, and oh dear god another player from the hell that is the SPL, Steven Fletcher, has managed to bang in more than a few goals in the EPL.

It always gets to me why Scottish Hibs fans somehow take pure delight in putting the SPL and Scottish football down on .net. If it's that bad then **** off and support your glorious EPL teams full time.

:top marks:agree:

Alfred E Newman
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
:agree: We have done extremely well to get to February and still be on the coat-tails of Celtic. Their resources, their squad and their financial clout is in a different league to Hibs' and I believe that they will end up being at least 15 points ahead of us by the end of the season.

That is why it it almost impossible for any side outside the OF to finish in the top two. If they need to bring players in to ensure that, they do. Its not a level playing field.

BEEJ
Bad for us but it'll be good to see players like Keane playing at Easter Road.

I know he's an awful human being but Bellamys performance against us was a joy to watch when he destroyed us all on his own.
:Ummm:

I think I know what you mean ...... but 'joy'? :confused: Grudging admiration, perhaps.

SaudiHibby
Well said Hainan

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I still think Keane will, in fact, piss all over the SPL. I'd love to be proved wrong but Bellamy did that when he came up.

Bellamy was 25 y/o (ie in his prime) when he played for Celtic, and was keen to rehabilitate his career having fallen out with Souness at Newcastle.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Bellamy was 25 y/o (ie in his prime) when he played for Celtic, and was keen to rehabilitate his career having fallen out with Souness at Newcastle.

And still had a lower goals/game ratio than Stokes has had for us.

matty_f
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM

I think I know what you mean ...... but 'joy'? :confused: Grudging admiration, perhaps.

:agree: I cannae stand Bellamy, but he was unbelievably good against us at ER (think that was the same game as Konte's wonder-dive, and Boozy's headed goal).

Can't think of a time when one player has so obviously been the deciding factor in a game against us, other than if you include Zibby or Simon Brown.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Celtic potentially have 20 games left this season (22 depending on possible replays in the Scottish Cup). If that turns out to be the case and Keane does end up signing for them, I think he will score at least 12 goals.

Anyone going to predict anything different?

Spudster
01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
As did Roy Keane.......................................:faf:

Retired after Jay Shields "ran him ragged".

Hibbyradge
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
:agree: I cannae stand Bellamy, but he was unbelievably good against us at ER (think that was the same game as Konte's wonder-dive, and Boozy's headed goal).

Can't think of a time when one player has so obviously been the deciding factor in a game against us, other than if you include Zibby or Simon Brown.

Gasgoine in the 3 - 4 defeat under Duffy.

Awesome.

Dr Jimmy
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM

I have never understood the need to "have an English team". What is wrong with just supporting Hibs?

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Celtic potentially have 20 games left this season (22 depending on possible replays in the Scottish Cup). If that turns out to be the case and Keane does end up signing for them, I think he will score at least 12 goals.

He's a second striker, so yeah, I think he will score less than that. **Unless** Celtic start getting loads of penalties and he takes them all.

Calvin
01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I have never understood the need to "have an English team". What is wrong with just supporting Hibs?

Same here. But at the same time, I am realistic about the quality of the league I'm watching.

zlatan
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Slight difference between a 21 year old keen to get his career back on track and a 29 year old (30 in July) who has done it all and made a mint already.

The 2 stories aren't that dissimilar imo. Player earns big money move (albeit the fees were a tad different) but they both flop at said new club and are moved on, in Stokes case with several loan moves. Both players still seemed to struggle as expectation and previous large price tags hang over their head leading to loss of form and confidence.

Stokes comes back up to Scotland and quickly finds his feet and scoring touch with a new lease of life and I'd expect Keane will do the same. He doesn't strike me as a primadonna only interested in money and a glamorous lifestyle and I think he'll come up here with a point to prove to himself and Harry Redknapp especially.

ok worded a bit wrong but I loves my football and enjoy watching great players in the flesh and Bellamys performance that day was excellent, just a pity it came at our expense.

SaudiHibby
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Same here. But at the same time, I am realistic about the quality of the league I'm watching.

It's like marrying someone and spending your life saying how wonderful everyone elses wife is and how **** yours is :wink:

greenlex
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
It's like marrying someone and spending your life saying how wonderful everyone elses wife is and how **** yours is :wink:
Whats your point? :confused:
Signed J Terry

Green forever
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Gasgoine in the 3 - 4 defeat under Duffy.

Awesome.

But Jimmy Boco should have made it 4 - 1 before Gazza turned it on unfortunately.

easty
01-02-2010, 04:47 PM

I'll second that....12 goals I reckon.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already but Shelton Martis has signed for Doncaster. Mowbray obviously didnt fancy him for a 3rd time!

Jim44
01-02-2010, 04:47 PM
With the arrival of Keane, the idiots on KS have announced their winning of the SPL. :greengrin I think this is a huge gamble for Mowbray and when Rangers go on to win it, it will surely be the sack for Mowbray. :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I'll second that....12 goals I reckon.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already but Shelton Martis has signed for Doncaster. Mowbray obviously didnt fancy him for a 3rd time!

So that's a "push", not a higher or a lower.

:greengrin

KerPlunk
01-02-2010, 04:50 PM
With the arrival of Keane, the idiots on KS have announced their winning of the SPL. :greengrin I think this is a huge gamble for Mowbray and when Rangers go on to win it, it will surely be the sack for Mowbray. :dunno:

So how much are the Smellies going to pay Mr. Keane to have a wee "sojourn" in Bigot City for the next 4 months ????? :confused:

SaudiHibby
01-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Whats your point? :confused:
Signed J Terry

Love the one you're with :agree:

matty_f
01-02-2010, 04:51 PM

I don't think it will be the end for Mowbray if they don't win the league. Rangers are probably too far in front by the time he's been able to get the players he wants in, which could be his saving grace.

KerPlunk
01-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Love the one you're with :agree:

When you're down and confused..............wait a minute, isn't the grass always meant to be greener.......... ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

What terms are the Tims offering as West Ham couldn't afford him?

"West Ham co-owner David Sullivan told ESPN Soccernet:

"We simply can't afford Robbie Keane,'' Sullivan said. ''Of course, we'd have liked him, who wouldn't? But it would have worked out at £105,000-a-week for the rest of this season, as well as a transfer fee. We simply cannot afford it."

:hmmm:

Desmond must be paying for this...

StevieC
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM

There isn't a "need". You either want to .. or you dont .. simple as that.

Whats wrong with supporters of EPL teams also following Hibs?
I've certainly converted a few in my time.
It works both ways.

:wink:

SaudiHibby
When you're down and confused..............wait a minute, isn't the grass always meant to be greener.......... ? ? ? :rolleyes:

No grass is better Kerplunk:greengrin

Jim44
I don't think it will be the end for Mowbray if they don't win the league. Rangers are probably too far in front by the time he's been able to get the players he wants in, which could be his saving grace.

Maybe you're right. They're signing him because they're beginning to take us seriously and are frightened they won't get second place. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
But Jimmy Boco should have made it 4 - 1 before Gazza turned it on unfortunately.

Yes he should, but he didn't.

SidBurns
01-02-2010, 05:02 PM
...away to the smellies!!!

hibsbollah
01-02-2010, 05:02 PM

I remember that game clearly, and thought Bellamy was pretty ordinary until the end when our defence got stretched.

he's a bit like Deeks really, hate him if he's playing against your team, love him if hes yours...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/27/craig-bellamy-manchester-city (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/27/craig-bellamy-manchester-city)

EH6 Hibby
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Sky Sports absolutely wetting themselves about the Keane deal. :bitchy:

hibeeleicester
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
The scott mcdonald deal will fund keanes wages.

The_Todd
01-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Scott McDonald - 42 goals in 108 for Murderwell and 55 in 88 for Sellick. Madness to be getting rid of someone with that strike rate when you're a mile behind in the title race and only 2 points above little old us.

Ok, so Keane's a good player but an expensive EPL import doesn't always work out and some players won't find the transition from White Hart Lane and Anfield to wet Tuesday nights at New Douglas Park and Fir Park easy.

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Scott McDonald - 42 goals in 108 for Murderwell and 55 in 88 for Sellick. Madness to be getting rid of someone with that strike rate when you're a mile behind in the title race and only 2 points above little old us.

Ok, so Keane's a good player but an expensive EPL import doesn't always work out and some players won't find the transition from White Hart Lane and Anfield to wet Tuesday nights at New Douglas Park and Fir Park easy.

Celtic's signings these days seem to have more to do with selling shirts and giving a (temporary) boost to attendances than actually constructing a good football team.

The_Todd
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
SSN: "Scotland needs Robbie Keane"

Erm, no, Scotland needs a competitive league.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Did Robbie Keane not join his boyhood heros, Liverpool in 2008?

whiskyhibby
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Let's look on the bright side here with the Keane (possible) move...he'll use up a large wedge of the wages, will therefore probably be undroppable and might bomb in the same way that other, fairly successful, EPL players did - see Juaninho, Keane and that scandanavian bloke Rangers signed from Chelsea (what was his name?).
Well thats what I'm hoping for anyway...

Who was that Scandanavian Celtic signed from Real Madrid...............He wasn't too bad was he :faf::faf::faf:

PaulSmith
01-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Good that Celtic have signed these players, they might now take 6 points of Rangers and allow us to get nearer to top :wink:

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Before moving back to his 'spiritual home' of White Hart Lane.

But what's the bets he's always been a Celtc fan, and always wanted to play for them?

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
quality comment on the BBC sport website -

From PhilSandifer on 606: "Wait, Keane is transferring to the club he supported as a boy? Did I load the summer 2008 transfer updates by mistake?"

greenlex
SSN: "Scotland needs Robbie Keane"

Erm, no, Scotland needs a competitive league.

Was actually shouting at the tellybox there.:grr: *****in so up themselves they cant see daylight. :grr::grr::grr:

Hainan Hibs

Get ready for weeks on end of headlines and stories about how Keane dreamed of this move for his entire life, dream move for anyone, best fans in the world, even his dog supports them, etc.

It was beyond a joke when that pish got brought out for the Korean boy.

Celtic fans are that paranoid they need to be told that every signing is a born and bred "Sellick man"

The_Todd

But when it comes to the OF:

"Celtic\Rangers were my boyhood team. I've always supported Celtic\Rangers. I grew up on the terraces of Greyskull\Darkheid"

hibee_girl
01-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Redknapp has already started the Keane boyhood team stuff

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports news: "The chairman rang me an hour ago asking me what I thought about it. Nothing sorted yet but it probably will happen. Robbie Keane's too good a player not to be starting. I think it's a move that appeals to him. He's a big Celtic man and to play for them - he's a bit like Roy Keane, he dreams of playing for Celtic one day. And we're strong in that position up front."

bingo70
01-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Before moving back to his 'spiritual home' of White Hart Lane.

But what's the bets he's always been a Celtc fan, and always wanted to play for them?

TBF think it is or was pretty common in ireland to have an english team plus rangers or celtic.

I actually met him in Ayia Napa a few years ago, was a good bloke, made the time to speak to everyone in the pub, he then got up and sang fields of athenry, with him being Irish i don't think that really tells us anything about who he supported as a kid though

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Robbie Keane confirmed at Celtic (SSN)

Prof. Shaggy
01-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Over-reaction - we're a whole 2 points behind them.

Toaods
01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
slightly off topic but Hearts at Parkhead next midweek...anyone for a 7-0 gubbing with Keane running riot...:greengrin

Of course, I'm getting carried away , Hearts being the big team from the Capital will put the unwashed scruffs firmly in their places.

jacomo
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
He would have a few years ago. Not so sure now.

Folk will say "he's only 29", but he has a lot of miles on the clock, so to speak, as he started playing professionally at 17.

I hear what you're saying and he's had a very poor season, but it does seem that Keane can't cope with not being an automatic pick.

I reckon he would dine out in the SPL, he's got top class awareness and a good hit, these things you don't lose.

iwasthere1972
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM

Sellick fans will have to remember that he is only "theirs" for about 14 weeks so better pray that he doesn't pick up any long terms injuries during that time. :devil:

jacomo
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
So how much are the Smellies going to pay Mr. Keane to have a wee "sojourn" in Bigot City for the next 4 months ????? :confused:

I'd love to know the answer to that one.

Keane must be on what £60k a week minimum, probably £80k though or even more.

Surely Celtc can't afford that kind of wedge?

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I'd love to know the answer to that one.

Keane must be on what £60k a week minimum, probably £80k though or even more.

Surely Celtc can't afford that kind of wedge?

One way round it may be for Celtic to only pay half the actual wage, but to pay Tottenham a massive fee for the privilege of having him on loan.

hibsbollah
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Desmond is paying the Keane wage out of his own pocket, apparently...

Tattie
01-02-2010, 07:48 PM
He is supposedly wanting 65k a week.

Which works out to be 1.5 million for 6 months work. Not bad for his calibre!

greenginger
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Anyone think Robbie K. will have the same stunning impact his namesake Roy had when he came to play for the Manks a few years ago.

Hope he is in the team for the cup-tie. :devil:

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Anyone think Robbie K. will have the same stunning impact his namesake Roy had when he came to play for the Manks a few years ago. :agree:

Celtic F.C - where Irish players go for six months when their career is over for a testimonial :agree:

jacomo
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
One way round it may be for Celtic to only pay half the actual wage, but to pay Tottenham a massive fee for the privilege of having him on loan.

You could well be right... either way, it's splashing serious money on a trophy signing to get the fans through the gates and reinvigorate the team.

A big gamble - but I'd expect him to do well.

Mr T
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
The news were reporting that he will be on a weekly wage of £65k and Celtic will have to pay the full load.

Keane may have proven in the past that he can score goals but there's something to be said for the amount of clubs he's been passed about at, surely?

Celtic have been piss poor this season and they need to understand that one man doesn't make a team.

MrT

down-the-slope
01-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Celtic's signings these days seem to have more to do with selling shirts and giving a (temporary) boost to attendances than actually constructing a good football team.

:agree::agree: just about to post something along these lines..McDonal is being sacrificed for cash..I reckon by my guestimate that against us last week there was 450k of empty seats at Darkheid...fill half these and they will cover his wages..not to mention strips and other marketing...if they fill more then they are in clover..its a gamble but as a decent player who is Irish and a Bhoy it might pay off.

West ham could not make this work as they don't have seats to sell & have borrowed season ticket sales income for next 2 years...70 % & 60 % which is frightning

Tattie
01-02-2010, 08:00 PM
He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to good for SPL, if he is given the service he will score 15+ I reckon. Predicting a hat-trick against Rangers in the next Old Firm aswell :)

Biggie
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Over-reaction - we're a whole 2 points behind them.

decent signing by the smellies..he'll have a field day up here....Robbie Keane vs 40 year old Davie Weir....I'll look forward to that one.
It just shows you the smellies are well and truly bricking it at the thought of us catching them.....

ScottB
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Didn't West Ham say that it was gonna work out at £105,000 a week to bring in Keane?

If so, Celtic must be spending every penny they have got in during this window on this. Might well get them second this season, but come the summer, nae Keane and nae cash.

Risky, but it will appease the hoardes for awhile I reckon.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Anyone see those celtic fans on ssn a minute ago.They looked like they had just been let out of a funny farm.

allmodcons
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
******ing hilarious watching soapdodgers on SSN.

Keane gets out of his £70k motor and within seconds is surrounded by hundreds of weedgie ******wits proclaiming the 2nd coming.

They're all on benefits and he's on £65k a week (at least) but they still feel there's a connection.

Sad bunch of b**tards.

You really couldn't make it up!!

JackRegan
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
******ing hilarious watching soapdodgers on SSN.

Keane gets out of his £70k motor and within seconds is surrounded by hundreds of weedgie ******wits proclaiming the 2nd coming.

They're all on benefits and he's on £65k a week (at least) but they still feel there's a connection.

Sad bunch of b**tards.

You really couldn't make it up!!

While I'd probably not be inviting them to any of my dinner parties, these people regardless of their socio economic standing support a club, which provides gainful employment for hundreds of people in a deprived area.

These people, benefits or not still have the right to be Celtic fans and if they are happy at the club they support, bringing in a guy they feel will improve the club, then who are you to deny them that happiness?

Celtic's probably all they have, yet you feel the need to have a wee cheap jibe at them.

You're the sad one, not them

ancient hibee
01-02-2010, 08:41 PM
While I'd probably not be inviting them to any of my dinner parties, these people regardless of their socio economic standing support a club, which provides gainful employment for hundreds of people in a deprived area.

These people, benefits or not still have the right to be Celtic fans and if they are happy at the club they support, bringing in a guy they feel will improve the club, then who are you to deny them that happiness?

Celtic's probably all they have, yet you feel the need to have a wee cheap jibe at them.

Anyone who puts a football club before real life is really the sad one surely.

allmodcons
01-02-2010, 08:44 PM

Don't think so Jack. You're line 'Celtic's probably all they have' sums it up perfectly. Don't you see the irony of Celtic signing Keane as some kind of Messiah and paying him loads of cash for the privilege in one of the most deprived areas of Scotland.

JimBHibees
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Funny thought that as well. Couldnt have played much football as a kid as he was obviously too busy pinning both his Celtic and Liverpool pictures on his bedroom wall. :greengrin

Personally think he is a very overrated player, bit of ability and will probably do well in SPL however nowhere near the quality of a Larsson for example.

JackRegan
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Anyone who puts a football club before real life is really the sad one surely.

Not wanting to go into the depths of it, but my point is what right did the other poster have slagging these guys, Celtic Fans, for being happy at THEIR club making its biggest signing in years?

By his logic, we should only sign guys on the minimum wage. What difference is it to someone on a giro if the Celtic player is on 6 grand or 60 grand a week.

Also, who is saying they are putting celtic before real life? They live in circumstances ( I dare say sometimes through their own actions) that means their life has little hope, little prospects. They live in a total slum area with little in the way of work.

these people have the right to enjoyment as much as anyone else. FFS I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage, yet I'm still over the moon at this signing.

Inflated wages of footballers is not celtic's fault and clubs the world over will have dirt poor fans idolising rich, well paid players. Thats the way of the world.

JackRegan
01-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Don't think so Jack. You're line 'Celtic's probably all they have' sums it up perfectly. Don't you see the irony of Celtic signing Keane as some kind of Messiah and paying him loads of cash for the privilege in one of the most deprived areas of Scotland.

SO Celtic should pay players in relation to the income of those who support it? or relative to those who live in the locale?

Na, don't think so.

See also my reply to ancient Hibbee.

Antifa Hibs
01-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Keane can go and **** himself!!

Massive gamble for them. They'll be paying his wages with the mindset of getting into the champions league by winning the SPL, failure to do that could **** them over a bit if they are paying 65k a week in wages.

No doubt the gullable wannabe paddys in Glasgow and the gullable Irish will probably pay a large chunk of his wages with tacky official merch. Can't help but think Gravenson (Sp?) and and Bellemy brought in less than half in merch sales than Keane and Keane did/will.

Smart move by the PLC aswell, is there a better way to silence the booers at CP than by bringing in a EPL reject, but not any old EPL reject, an Irish EPL reject. :cool2:

allmodcons
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Not wanting to go into the depths of it, but my point is what right did the other poster have slagging these guys, Celtic Fans, for being happy at THEIR club making its biggest signing in years?

By his logic, we should only sign guys on the minimum wage. What difference is it to someone on a giro if the Celtic player is on 6 grand or 60 grand a week.

Also, who is saying they are putting celtic before real life? They live in circumstances ( I dare say sometimes through their own actions) that means their life has little hope, little prospects. They live in a total slum area with little in the way of work.

these people have the right to enjoyment as much as anyone else. FFS I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage, yet I'm still over the moon at this signing.

Inflated wages of footballers is not celtic's fault and clubs the world over will have dirt poor fans idolising rich, well paid players. Thats the way of the world.

Sorry Jack but as I said earlier you're missing the irony of the sad scenario whereby these people actually appear outside Parkhead to greet their new
(and very highly paid) Messiah.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Sorry Jack but as I said earlier you're missing the irony of the sad scenario whereby these people actually appear outside Parkhead to greet their new
(and very highly paid) Messiah.

To be fair to Jack and Celtc fans in general it's not as if this behaviour is exclusive to the inhabitants of Glasgows East end.

Fans of all clubs will fall over themselves to be the first on the scene to welcome a player who cares as much for them as John Terry cares for his wife.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage

Shirley you know whether you get paid more than, or less than, £65k a week? :hmmm:

allmodcons
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
To be fair to Jack and Celtc fans in general it's not as if this behaviour is exclusive to the inhabitants of Glasgows East end.

Fans of all clubs will fall over themselves to be the first on the scene to welcome a player who cares as much for them as John Terry cares for his wife.

I don't disgaree with that, but still say it's sad and somewhat ironic when a 'family club' :faf: like Celtic parade someone on £65k a week in one of the most deprived areas of the country as some kind of cure for all ills.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-02-2010, 09:16 PM
"Thats us won the league" says one fool on SSN

Keane could break his leg next wednesday in the first minute against hearts and never kick another ball for them.

However lets get real. Keane is a fantastic signing but is anyone else flabbergasted by Mowbrays signing policy?

Kamara- Loan, Keane- Loan, Dutch defender- Loan

Thats hardly building his own side imo its short term desperation. Celtic could do fantastic the rest of the season, still finish second and most likely lose these 3 players in May only to start the "rebuilding process" allover again.

In other words you cant build a team with loan signings. The only situation that is "win" for Celtic is they some how over haul rangers. I for one cant see it happening

Pretty Boy
01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't disgaree with that, but still say it's sad and somewhat ironic when a 'family club' :faf: like Celtic parade someone on £65k a week in one of the most deprived areas of the country as some kind of cure for all ills.

I agree it's totally perverse.

Unfortunately though, as Jack says, in areas like those around Parkhead there may be little else in life for people other than Celtc. I think as you hint at it's more a problem with society in general as opposed to a problem exclusive to Celtc fans.

Biggie
01-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Keane could break his leg next wednesday in the first minute against hearts and never kick another ball for them.

However lets get real. Keane is a fantastic signing but is anyone else flabbergasted by Mowbrays signing policy?

Thats hardly building his own side imo its short term desperation. Celtic could do fantastic the rest of the season, still finish second and most likely lose these 3 players in May only to start the "rebuilding process" allover again.

In other words you cant build a team with loan signings. The only situation that is "win" for Celtic is they some how over haul rangers. I for one cant see it happening yeah hibbie cam, look at hearts :greengrin

MacBean
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

that was the funniest thing i ever EVER seen!!!!! hilarious!!!

the wee t*t in the yellow jacket! christ that boy has an IQ lower than Hogg's Squad Number!!

YouTube - ROBBIE KEANE JOINS CELTIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_9qsYxigE)

YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!

Baw187
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

the wee t*t in the yellow jacket! christ that boy has an IQ lower than Hogg's Squad Number!!

It was embarrasing that these clowns are labled scottish !

ArabHibee
Greatest fans in the world doncha know?

"we've won the league now" states one of the great unwashed.

:faf::faf::faf:

Hibtastic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

Was just watching that and laughing - its like watching Rab C Nesbitt

Lmc2105
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

:faf::faf:
he made me laugh!

How is robbie a good signing?
washed up weegie"oh he just is a top quality player ken pure class"

right okay mate go and get a wash and return to your buckie!

MacBean
It was embarrasing that these clowns are labled scottish !

on that front yeah it is embarrasing, but christ it puts glasgow/Celtic in a bad light!!:faf:

MacBean
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
YouTube - ROBBIE KEANE JOINS CELTIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_9qsYxigE)[/URL]

YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!

Speedway
01-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Greatest fans in the world doncha know?

"we've won the league now" states one of the great unwashed.

He didn't say that. He said 'ayepureclasswuunuzleagueken'

It was like a night out for the mates of that John bloke featured in the tourettes programme.

weedgiehibbie
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
The wee guy in the yellow top and hat was funny as **** :faf: :faf:

Cannae beat ending the day with such a good laugh!! :greengrin

Jim White must have had something to do with it as its clearly Sky out to show Celtc Football Club in a bad light :faf:

snooky
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

YouTube - ROBBIE KEANE JOINS CELTIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6_9qsYxigE)

YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!

As I was watching the guy in yellow, my eye caught the top left hand of the page..... "You Tube!"

Oh the irony :greengrin

pmcginlay
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
:faf::faf:
he made me laugh!

How is robbie a good signing?
washed up weegie"oh he just is a top quality player ken pure class"

right okay mate go and get a wash and return to your buckie!

No one further west than about Corstorphine uses the word 'ken'. When i 1st moved through here i wondered who the f*** 'Ken' was on a number of occasions.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Was the fella in the yellow jacket speaking English?

MacBean
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Was the fella in the yellow jacket speaking English?

i dont know, ask p mcginlay, he might translate:confused:

Winston Ingram
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
What a bunch of windaelickers.

Sky are brilliant at that. Find the stupidest looking bassa's and then interview them and stick them on the telly. It's usually the Geordies but it's nice of the Celtc fans tae step in:greengrin

ArabHibee
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
i dont know, ask p mcginlay, he might translate:confused:

Where's Jack Regan when you need him? :devil:

Hibercelona
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
That lad (or thing) has a face you would never tire of punching.

MacBean
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
That lad (or thing) has a face you would never tire of punching.

he might have to thank for it after as you'd straigthen his jaw and teeth!

Lmc2105
No one further west than about Corstorphine uses the word 'ken'. When i 1st moved through here i wondered who the f*** 'Ken' was on a number of occasions.

i use it all the time:greengrin

but thats jacked up to the max! he looks as though he is just had a puff eh something!

am sure i seen him at Darkheid last wednesday! well maybe not they all look the same half the time it's hard to tell

Hibercelona
What a bunch of windaelickers.

Sky are brilliant at that. Find the stupidest looking bassa's and then interview them and stick them on the telly. It's usually the Geordies but it's nice of the Celtc fans tae step in:greengrin

That was probably the best they could find. :wink:

macca70
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Its coming on again shortly on SSN.

Crowd of them outside an empty Darkheid with their 'Sellick taps' and scarfs on singining 'Keano, there's only 1 Keano'

£65k a week :faf:

Absolute Trumpets, every single 1 of them

Gus
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
scuffs the lot of them, be alright if it was getting shown on BBC scotland, but that gies nationwide ffs

greatest fans in the world, soap dodging, giro cashing plebs

iwasthere1972
01-02-2010, 11:05 PM

In other words you cant build a team with loan signings. The only situation that is "win" for Celtic is they some how over haul rangers. I for one cant see it happening

Do they gather up just the ugly ones to interview?

Eh what do you mean that was the good looking ones. :faf:

NOLA
01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Keane will score a barrowload in the SPL, HUGE signing for them.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Why is it Celtic seem to have more than their fair share of ******s in their fan base, People who can barely string 2 words together?

tony higgins
02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
As a weegie i was bemused by the TV people, wonder how far from Celtic Park they went to find a Celtic pub.
Can,t think of any well known pubs in under a mile radius of that ground that would allow any green and white in except for a few hours on match day, even then it would give us your money and beat it.
Scary place.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Hearing all this guff "everyone knows i'm a Celtic fan", yeah you said that when you joined Liverpool as well Robbie :blah:

Don't think I'll bother buying any newspapers for a couple of weeks after this, cue 10 page pull outs on "why I love Celtic" :violin::zzzzz!:

Gala Foxes
02-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Watching Sky Sports News clip as Celtics new mercenary meets the masses I see that Willo Flood can't drag himself away from Parkhead and is hanging around outside with the other Still Game neds

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 06:12 AM
To be fair Kamara (who grew up a big hoops fan as a child in Senegal) is a great signing as well, they are right to be excited and I think they will catch the huns.

aussie_hibee
02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
not sure how mcdonald has been playing but would it be safe to say that if starting every week like keane will, he would probably score another 10 or so goals? If so, the keane has to match that in the minimum just for celtic to break even. he may well run riot but he's gonna have to score around 20 before the end of the season to have a serious effect.

Sandy
02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I think he is a great signing of ra sellik unfortunately :boo hoo: He will indeed run riot up here. They must have been kaking it to shell out that amount of dough.

Brizo
02-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Liverpool / Celtc fan Keane will refill the empty seats at Parkheid and shift shedloads of strips. I think he'll score loads for them ..... if hes got the hunger to perform at places like Hamilton and St Johnstone.

Unfortunately this move is the reason why we or any other non OF team has little or no chance of splitting the OF. However skint they appear to be theres always the chance theyll either poach other teams assets as in Deeks or make a "marquee" signing like this.

Mon Dieu4
02-02-2010, 07:29 AM
To be fair Kamara (who grew up a big hoops fan as a child in Senegal) is a great signing as well, they are right to be excited and I think they will catch the huns.

He is actually in the paper today saying that Larsson is his hero :faf:

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 07:34 AM
He is actually in the paper today saying that Larsson is his hero :faf:

Thats a lie:faf:

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Keane and I would also say Gow are here to try and get a better move, if its a dream for Keane then it will be short one at this time IMO he wants EPL so this will be to impress Redknapp or other manager.

Mon Dieu4
02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Thats a lie:faf:

I wish it was :jamboak:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/diomansy-kamara-hopes-to-follow-his-hero-larsson-and-become-celtic-king-1.1003133?

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 07:43 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/diomansy-kamara-hopes-to-follow-his-hero-larsson-and-become-celtic-king-1.1003133? (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/diomansy-kamara-hopes-to-follow-his-hero-larsson-and-become-celtic-king-1.1003133?)

:faf::rolleyes:Beyond belief. It must be something agents tell their clients just before they sign for the OF 'look, at your press conference just say you were a big hun/celtc fan from your young days in burkino faso/uruguay/lapland. They'll swallow anything'...

There is a Hibs Club in Mali, but thats different...:greengrin

cwilliamson85
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Thansk god we dont have to play them until 3rd April. Gives us time to secure 3rd spot.

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Thansk god we dont have to play them until 3rd April. Gives us time to secure 3rd spot.

By then, Keane (and the other "building a team for the long term" loan signings) will be pissed off and onto their agents, begging them to get out of this hellhole pronto and back to the bigtime.

Sandy
02-02-2010, 08:07 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/diomansy-kamara-hopes-to-follow-his-hero-larsson-and-become-celtic-king-1.1003133?

At least we get a mention in it :agree: But agree that wee scroat Novo I am sure came out and said that 'Rangers were always my Scottish team' when he signed for them :faf::faf::faf:

ArabHibee
02-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Top Story on Scottish news on BBC1 Breakfast show this morning?

Yep, you guessed it, Keane signing for Smeltc.

Unbelievable.

I hate the OF and all they stand for.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Top Story on Scottish news on BBC1 Breakfast show this morning?

Yep, you guessed it, Keane signing for Smeltc.

Unbelievable.

I hate the OF and all they stand for.

Prepare your self mate it will get worse as the week goes on and the weegie press will be in cloud nine now that they have this to play on

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Its being seen outwardly that this is to try and get the gap back between them and Rangers, I think inwards its also maybe even more so to make sure the likes of Hibs dont spoil the top 2 places.

I think it says a lot about how dangerous we are thought of, that I think will never be admitted.

LancsHibs
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!

:faf::faf::faf: The boy has a face/teeth like a wedge of cheesecake, what a bunch of mutants, clearly the ugliest most uneducated support in Scotland.

BTW Keane good player, but what a fud!!!:bye:

Ritchie
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
no matter what anyone says this is an unbelieveable signing for them!! :grr:

he'll easily bang in 15+ goals in the 2nd half of the season.

might have just won the league for celts.... the guy is still quality.:agree:

1875er
02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Am I the only person completely underwhelmed that Celtic have signed Spurs 4th choice striker.....

Expecting Rain
02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Father Ted has finally arrived at Celtic on loan, big deal, he is obviously surplus to requirements, falling that far down the list that the geriatric Gudjohnsen was signed to supplement the Spurs strikeforce.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
On the bbc report on the website the fact that Keane is a "Celtic man", Celtic fan, Celtic supporter is mentioned by everyone in the report. 5 times it's mentioned.

Then I checked the report when he signed for Liverpool.

He has been a massive fan of Liverpool since he was a kid:confused: Signed for Liverpool because he is such a huge fan:confused:

Are Celtic fans really that insecure and paranoid that they need every player to have been a born and bred Celtic fan?

I hate that Club, I really do.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
And I hope to god our players don't take the attitude of the fans.

"oh my god, Keane is going to run riot, he's going to score tons, 2nd place is over, we may as well give up, what's the point in playing:boo hoo:"

Grow a pair of ****ing baws you bunch of jessie's:grr:

jacomo
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM

"oh my god, Keane is going to run riot, he's going to score tons, 2nd place is over, we may as well give up, what's the point in playing:boo hoo:"

I'd hope that our players would relish playing against someone of Keane's quality.

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM

I would say that is the Celtic board protecting themselves in case it goes Pete Tong. They can get rid at the end of the season. Half hearted backing IMO.

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
On the bbc report on the website the fact that Keane is a "Celtic man", Celtic fan, Celtic supporter is mentioned by everyone in the report. 5 times it's mentioned.

Then I checked the report when he signed for Liverpool.

He has been a massive fan of Liverpool since he was a kid:confused: Signed for Liverpool because he is such a huge fan:confused:

Are Celtic fans really that insecure and paranoid that they need every player to have been a born and bred Celtic fan?

I hate that Club, I really do.

Did you not know that Ki was a massive Celtc fan as a boy in Seoul. As a kid he used to get his dad to drive him to the top of the tallest mountain outside the city with a radio receiver in the vain attempt of catching David Begg's commentary from Parkhead, Tynecastle, ER or wherever Celtc were playing that day. :greengrin

It really is a dream come true he has signed for his boyhood heroes.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Did you not know that Ki was a massive Celtc fan as a boy in Seoul. As a kid he used to get his dad to drive him to the top of the tallest mountain outside the city with a radio receiver in the vain attempt of catching David Begg's commentary from Parkhead, Tynecastle, ER or wherever Celtc were playing that day. :greengrin

I couldn't believe it when they actually tried to pass him off as a Celtic fan, and I couldn't believe it when the unwashed actually believed the crap!

Frazerbob
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM

:top marks

As has been mantioned.....4th choice at Spurs. Anyone remember a certain other keane or Juninhio? One swallow does not a summer make!

Add into the equation that they have near as damn it a completely new defence and turned over something like 18 players in recent weeks. With no pre-season to bed these guys in, I wish we were plaing them again this week.

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM

To be fair, Ki was always a Celtic fan.

After a hard day at the local Samsung factory, he would come home to his dinner of fresh dublin bay prawns and Guinness as his parents munched their kimchi and looked confused. For the rest of the evening he would listen to his favourite Dick Gaughan LP, watch The Wind That Shakes the Barley on DVD and recategorise his fluffy leprauchaun collection at bedtime. He could recite Tommy Burns' famous words '"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause" before he could even walk.

Hainan Hibs
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM

After a hard day at the local Samsung factory, he would come home to his dinner of fresh dublin bay prawns and Guinness as his parents munched their kimchi and looked confused. For the rest of the evening he would listen to his favourite Dick Gaughan LP, watch The Wind That Shakes the Barley on DVD and recategorise his fluffy leprauchaun collection at bedtime. He could recite Tommy Burns' famous words '"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause" before he could even walk.

:faf:

Phil MaGlass
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Is it just me or is there a comparison with George Best here? Teams doin pi5h struggling to keep up, fans deserting in droves and resort to splashing cash for a player who is down the pecking order,seems to me a last throw of the dice to catch the buns,and if it is as reported 70,000 a week is quite staggering for a team who wouldnae fork out a few quid more for Fletcher.
Seems like qualifying for the Champions League is what they are aiming for.
DESPERATION written all over it.
God I hope to god we can beat them to second.

Jim44
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I reckon Mowbray has put himself and his club under a vast amount of pressure in the last couple of weeks. Keane would appear to be the potential hen that will lay the golden egg but what if he picks up an injury that keeps him out of action for a few weeks, God forbid. :greengrin

Raymond
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice to see the Sellick hoardes staying out late to welcome Keane,Im sure at least 1 of them would have had work this Morning:greengrin
I was also impressed with the Kids Celtic shirt with Sands 81 being held up:bitchy:

ian cruise
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
agreed that the flurry of late action in the transfer market was out of fear of finishing 3rd (or worse) i think its an all or nothing gamble. i'll be honest i think it makes 2nd a very difficult prospect for us however if we can do it it will leave them in massive trouble. i think its very telling that they were all loan moves, i dont think thats because they were protecting themselves against these players not bein able to cut it but more that they couldnt afford them. im almost certain that two of those players (keane and braaheid) are only there of 6months. kamara maybe longer but i'd be suprised. its a bit like the bellamy transfer. they should enjoy it while they can because he's out of their budget longterm.

on the subject of keane the celtic fan, i didnt find that as amusing as i did kamara claiming celtic were the club he always wanted to play for because larsson was his hero. i was almost expecting him to mention seville to really cement his place as a fans favourite without even kicking a ball

keane is a genuine class player but hes the only one of their frontline id take before any of our strikers. and theres not one of their midfield id swap miller or mcbride for. As for defence we've got sol, we've got sol bamba. and i think hogg is better than what they have.

:notworthy:

ian cruise
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I was also impressed with the Kids Celtic shirt with Sands 81 being held up:bitchy:

i noticed that as well, thing is their fans will have lapped it up

khib70
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM

As has been mantioned.....4th choice at Spurs. Anyone remember a certain other keane or Juninhio? One swallow does not a summer make!

Add into the equation that they have near as damn it a completely new defence and turned over something like 18 players in recent weeks. With no pre-season to bed these guys in, I wish we were plaing them again this week.
:agree:Ian Wright Wright Wright:faf::faf:

s2hart
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have a link from skysports news last night when they interviewed some proper Bucky swilling inbreds regarding the loan signing of Robbie (Mo 'all I ever wanted to do was play for.....' Johnston) Keane??

Cletus Spuckler from the Simpsons springs to mind!!

Thanks in advance

jdships
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Did Keane not profess to have "been a fan all my life" when he joined Liverpool ?

What really irked me last night was BBC Scotland treating his "LOAN" signing like the " second coming of Christ "
Absolutely OTT .
A good player but .......................... !

:yawn::rolleyes:

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
It is OTT, when they let the fog clear and have a think he will be here for 5mths and IMO will not score to many more than Mcdonald. He is here to suit his on ends first very much like Gow IMO hence why im not waxing lyrical over that move.

I will add there is a lot more chance of us keeping our loan in Gow than Celtic do of keeping Keane

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Robbie Keane is nowhere near the player he was 2 years ago. And nowhere near as good as the smellies think he is. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets fed up very quickly, and will scuttle back to London dropping down into the likes of Bolton or Blackburn.

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I will be interested in Jack Regan's thoughts once he comes back from Parkhead with his new top with 7 Keane on it.:wink:

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Robbie Keane is nowhere near the player he was 2 years ago. And nowhere near as good as the smellies think he is. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets fed up very quickly, and will scuttle back to London dropping down into the likes of Bolton or Blackburn.

People are talking Keane, Bellamy, Keane, Wright, Keane, etc, but perhaps Jeremy Allialliadierriere will turn out to be the comparison. Loaned from Arsenal, lasted hardly any time at Celtc, settled at Middlesbrough.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
People are talking Keane, Bellamy, Keane, Wright, Keane, etc, but perhaps Jeremy Allialliadierriere will turn out to be the comparison. Loaned from Arsenal, lasted hardly any time at Celtc, settled at Middlesbrough.

Perhaps, although Keane was a better player than aliadier (sp) But he has not hit the heights of those days for a long time. He comes far too deep for me these days, he has lost a bit of pace, and cant find the spaces in the oppositions defence's he used to, although that might not happen at celtic

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I wouldnt be all together surprised if that happened. He is well overrated IMO. In saying that he should be a standout in the SPL however he is no Larsson that is for sure. I would put money on the 'star struck' refs over protecting him up here and no-one being allowed to tackle him.

Rory89
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
He could recite Tommy Burns' famous words '"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause" before he could even walk.

Christ did Tommy Burns actually say that?

No disprespect but that is such a bell-endish thing for Burns to say.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Doubt it would be DG as he's from Leith and a true Hibby to boot.

ancient hibee
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
He's obviously come to get a game and sell himself for another big signing on fee.Presumably the money Celtic are paying him is around what he gets from Spurs.In theory he should get a few goals but Spurs are going all out to get into the top four in the EPL but don't want him-wonder if Mowbray does?

Big Frank
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Its being seen outwardly that this is to try and get the gap back between them and Rangers, I think inwards its also maybe even more so to make sure the likes of Hibs dont spoil the top 2 places.

I think it says a lot about how dangerous we are thought of, that I think will never be admitted.

:agree::top marks:agree:

Absolutely.

Just home from work so can't be bothered reading a 5 pager, however the above is spot on IMO, I thought that straight away when I found out he'd signed.

Cracking signing for Celtc imo.

Rory89
02-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Loving the idea that Celtic are cacking themselves at the prospect of losing second place to Hibs, so they went out and got Keane for 65k a week. :faf:

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Doubt it would be DG as he's from Leith and a true Hibby to boot.

Apologies, it was probably the Saw Doctors. Otherwise my description of Ki's childhood is 100% accurate:agree:

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM

http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Burns,+Tommy (http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Burns,+Tommy)
Being dead doesnt mean a person can't be bell-endish from time to time in life:greengrin

Big Frank
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Loving the idea that Celtic are cacking themselves at the prospect of losing second place to Hibs, so they went out and got Keane for 65k a week. :faf:

Do the maths Rory. Your club have paid just over a million to secure champs (or a chance) of champs league football. They were dying on their arse this season:agree:

Its not Hibs they are "cacking" themselves at. Its their own inability to get (at least) 2nd place.

Oh aye, 1-2. GIRUY:thumbsup:

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Do the maths Rory. Your club have paid just over a million to secure champs (or a chance) of champs league football. They were dying on their arse this season:agree:

Its not Hibs they are "cacking" themselves at. Its their own inability to get (at least) 2nd place.

Is Rory a Celtic fan? Maybe see that now in his response

Killiehibbie
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
I hear they've now sold all their tickets for Rugby Park tonight. If he gets more smelly bums on seats fair enough.

The_Todd
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
So essentially what Sellick have done:

1) Sold a striker with a brilliant strike rate in McDonald who would have guaranteed goals (and had a significant haul already this season)

2) Used the sale of aforementioned striker to pay for the overinflated wages of another striker who may or may not score the same number of goals anyway, but then lose him in the Summer without compensation as he returns to fight for a place in a Spurs team (who will hopefully be in the CL and will stay in Europe much longer than any Celtic venture)

So, shrewd business? Or just appeasing the lowest common denominator of Sellick fan who will cream themselves over the most temporary of signings of an Irish "Celtic Minded" player? You decide.

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
So essentially what Sellick have done:

1) Sold a striker with a brilliant strike rate in McDonald who would have guaranteed goals (and had a significant haul already this season)

2) Used the sale of aforementioned striker to pay for the overinflated wages of another striker who may or may not score the same number of goals anyway, but then lose him in the Summer without compensation as he returns to fight for a place in a Spurs team (who will hopefully be in the CL and will stay in Europe much longer than any Celtic venture)

So, shrewd business? Or just appeasing the lowest common denominator of Sellick fan who will cream themselves over the most temporary of signings of an Irish "Celtic Minded" player? You decide.

All of the above:top marks

Big Frank
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM

He'll let you know.....................

........when he gets bak from the Killie game:devil:

Hibbie_Cameron
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
"He will score more than 30 goals" claims one fan on the news

Barney McGrew
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
While I would never wish an injury on anyone, it would be mildly amusing if he picks up a knock tonight that keeps him out until the summer :greengrin

Rory89
02-02-2010, 05:45 PM

He'll let you know.....................

........when he gets bak from the Killie game:devil:

Guys, I'm not a Celtic fan so don't know where this is coming from, I don't have a huge amount of posts so if you care enough you can read them back and see I don't care for those vile imposters.

I was laughing at the suggestion that Robbie Keane's signing was made because they're worried about losing second place, when clearly it's an attempt to get back in the title race. If Celtic were worried about us and wanted to make a signing to secure 2nd they'd get a 10k a week striker, not a 65k a week one.

As for the "1-2. GIRUY", I was at Parkhead 'getting it right up' 40 thousand weegies that night. This was my first post on this thread, which isn't too "sellick minded":

You can all apologise when you feel like it, there's no rush. :wink:

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Guys, I'm not a Celtic fan so don't know where this is coming from, I don't have a huge amount of posts so if you care enough you can read them back and see I don't care for those vile imposters.

I was laughing at the suggestion that Robbie Keane's signing was made because they're worried about losing second place, when clearly it's an attempt to get back in the title race. If Celtic were worried about us and wanted to make a signing to secure 2nd they'd get a 10k a week striker, not a 65k a week one.

As for the "1-2. GIRUY", I was at Parkhead 'getting it right up' 40 thousand weegies that night. This was my first post on this thread, which isn't too "sellick minded":

You can all apologise when you feel like it, there's no rush. :wink:

Your opinion of course its laughable, however with points between us in Feburary it has to be considered. Yes Im sure he was bought to help bridge gap but they had a player to score on books.

Mowbray might survive finishing 2nd, finishing 3rd though?

iwasthere1972
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
While I would never wish an injury on anyone, it would be mildly amusing if he picks up a knock tonight that keeps him out until the summer :greengrin

Perhaps just a hamstring then. Only be out for about 6 weeks and by then Rangers will have won the title. More wasted money from that biscuit tin. :devil:

Rory89
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Your opinion of course its laughable, however with points between us in Feburary it has to be considered. Yes Im sure he was bought to help bridge gap but they had a player to score on books.

Mowbray might survive finishing 2nd, finishing 3rd though?

Celtic and Rangers live in their own bubble as a result of being dominant for so long, and I personally don't think they're thinking too much about us. It's like when Celtic beat Gretna to go one point above us and three above Rangers a couple of seasons back, and that ugly dwarf Scott McDonald was saying "We're just happy to be 3 points clear". :confused:

Anyway, lets hope Celtic and Rangers inability to see past eachother will be the cause of their downfall soon, viva la Petrie.

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Celtic and Rangers live in their own bubble as a result of being dominant for so long, and I personally don't think they're thinking too much about us. It's like when Celtic beat Gretna to go one point above us and three above Rangers a couple of seasons back, and that ugly dwarf Scott McDonald was saying "We're just happy to be 3 points clear". :confused:

Anyway, lets hope Celtic and Rangers inability to see past eachother will be the cause of their downfall soon, viva la Petrie.

I disagree its not a bubble they simply cannot be seen looking over shoulder and that match was not In Feburary with a fair chunk of season played.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-02-2010, 06:15 PM
all Celtic have done is bought second place in the league. They were ****ing themselves that Hibs would pip them for it so they panic bought nearly a full team. Heres hoping it goes tits up for them

The_Todd
02-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Celtic and Rangers live in their own bubble as a result of being dominant for so long, and I personally don't think they're thinking too much about us.

Then more fool them. We're 2 points behind with well over half the season now over. For reference, this is how close 3rd have been to 2nd at this point every season since 2001/2002 season:

2nd Feb 2002:
2nd: Rangers 61 points
3rd: Livingston 46 points
Pts diff between 2nd and 3rd: 15

28 January 2003:
2nd Celtic 63 Points
3rd Hearts 40 points
Pts diff: 23

29 January 2004
2nd Rangers 50pts
3rd Hearts 36pts
Pts Diff: 14

22 January 2005
2nd Rangers 53pts
3rd Hibs 43pts
Pts diff: 10

23 January 2006
2nd Hearts 50pts
3rd Hibs 41pts
Pts Diff 9

27 January 2007
2nd Rangers 46pts
3rd Aberdeen 42pts
Pts Diff: 4

9 Feb 2008
2nd Celtic 49pts
3rd Aberdeen 39pts
Pts Diff 10

31 Jan 2009
2nd Rangers 53pts
3rd Dundee Utd 38pts
Pts Diff 15

This Season
2nd Celtic 44
3rd Hibs 42
Pts Diff 2

So, interesting facts to note:

1 - This is the closest to 2nd that the 3rd place team has been at this time of the year in the last 9 seasons (almost certainly more - I don't have the stats for previous years)

2 - Celtic this year have the lowest points haul YTD for the 2nd place team

If Celtic want to ignore us snapping at their heels then let them, it's that arrogance and complacency I'm hoping works in our favour.

In summary, I'm not saying we'll finish 2nd - just Celtic would be foolish to write us off completely.

hibsbollah
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Then more fool them. We're 2 points behind with well over half the season now over. For reference, this is how close 3rd have been to 2nd at this point every season since 2001/2002 season:

2nd Feb 2002:
2nd: Rangers 61 points
3rd: Livingston 46 points
Pts diff between 2nd and 3rd: 15

28 January 2003:
2nd Celtic 63 Points
3rd Hearts 40 points
Pts diff: 23

29 January 2004
2nd Rangers 50pts
3rd Hearts 36pts
Pts Diff: 14

22 January 2005
2nd Rangers 53pts
3rd Hibs 43pts
Pts diff: 10

23 January 2006
2nd Hearts 50pts
3rd Hibs 41pts
Pts Diff 9

27 January 2007
2nd Rangers 46pts
3rd Aberdeen 42pts
Pts Diff: 4

9 Feb 2008
2nd Celtic 49pts
3rd Aberdeen 39pts
Pts Diff 10

31 Jan 2009
2nd Rangers 53pts
3rd Dundee Utd 38pts
Pts Diff 15

This Season
2nd Celtic 44
3rd Hibs 42
Pts Diff 2

So, interesting facts to note:

1 - This is the closest to 2nd that the 3rd place team has been at this time of the year in the last 9 seasons (almost certainly more - I don't have the stats for previous years)

2 - Celtic this year have the lowest points haul YTD for the 2nd place team

If Celtic want to ignore us snapping at their heels then let them, it's that arrogance and complacency I'm hoping works in our favour.

In summary, I'm not saying we'll finish 2nd - just Celtic would be foolish to write us off completely.

Interesting stats:agree:

Out of interest I was listening to David Pleat on Fivelive tonight, saying that Celtic's Desmond and Joe Lewis, who owns Spurs, are very close friends. He was suggesting that the deal was cooked up by two billionnaire pals to suit each other, and had nothing to do with normal football finance...

Betty Boop
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Posted by a Spurs fan on Kerrydale Street

Welcome to the world of Robbie keane ?
Thank god you have taken this clown off our hands
He'll score at home to utter dross, you'll put in insipid display away from home and forget about beating anyone decent.
The ******* gets the ball and either plays it back .. or if he'sin an adventurous mood he'll play it sideways
Then he'll fall over, arm flap like a ******* and the linesman, team mate, mother in law (any one but himself) and sweat on scoring 95th minute goals when the side is 4 up vs cowdenbeath or whatever clowns you have there in Scotland
Please send this clown back to us with 2 broken legs so we can claim on insurance
P.S. he is an alco pisshead

Captain Trips
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM

As I was saying, they should be concerned, forget Rangers, that bubble you spoke of? Burst me thinks. looking over shoulder bigtime

ArabHibee
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Robbie: I'll get me hat.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7354/keaneexit1.gif

The_Todd
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM

:hilarious

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 08:48 PM

As George Harrison said in the Simpsons,

It's been done.

:wink:

tony higgins
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM

He'll score at home to utter dross, you'll put in insipid display away from home and forget about beating anyone decent.
The ******* gets the ball and either plays it back .. or if he'sin an adventurous mood he'll play it sideways
Then he'll fall over, arm flap like a ******* and the linesman, team mate, mother in law (any one but himself) and sweat on scoring 95th minute goals when the side is 4 up vs cowdenbeath or whatever clowns you have there in Scotland
Please send this clown back to us with 2 broken legs so we can claim on insurance

Part/Time Supporter
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
YouTube - Robbie Keane Liverpool press conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9Q1DBk8BI)

--------
02-02-2010, 10:42 PM

I had no idea that Harry Redknapp was so eloquent. :cool2:

Storar
02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
YouTube - Robbie Keane joins Celtic! - Full Uncut Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a9zZ3Xq4tY&feature=related)

WarringtonHibee
02-02-2010, 10:47 PM
YouTube - Robbie Keane joins Celtic! - Full Uncut Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a9zZ3Xq4tY&feature=related)

Genius. :thumbsup:

Well, apart from the Hun ***** at the end.

jdships
03-02-2010, 08:09 AM
It is OTT, when they let the fog clear and have a think he will be here for 5mths and IMO will not score to many more than Mcdonald. He is here to suit his on ends first very much like Gow IMO hence why im not waxing lyrical over that move.

I will add there is a lot more chance of us keeping our loan in Gow than Celtic do of keeping Keane

I am in no way defending RK or Gow but in my experience of pro football which goes back more than 60+ years EVERY player maps out his career as best as possible to "suit his own ends "
They have, hopefully, ten years at the top with a few years in their late 30's to make sure they have provided for the future.

In your working life , which can span 45/50 years, have you never made a decision to go for the "main chance" to better your lifestyle/salary ?
If you haven't you must be rather naive !!

:greengrin :wink:

JimBHibees
03-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Apparently Robbie is away back to Spurs this morning as he was to stay at Celtic until the end of their season. :greengrin