PaulSmith
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Signed for Arbroath on loan

hibeeleicester
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Good , one of the most promising youngsters we have :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Good stuff, he clearly wasn't going to play first XI this year with Murray, Hanlon and Stevenson covering left back.

Moyes is already there.

matty_f
01-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Excellent capture for Arbroath - Booth is a terrific player.:agree:

greenlex
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Good , one of the most promising youngsters we have :agree:
Yup:agree: 100% The only puzzling thing is that I thought he was still eligible to play for the u19's. I wonder if Hughes is putting him through a toughening up process.

Mibbes Aye
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Yup:agree: 100% The only puzzling thing is that I thought he was still eligible to play for the u19's. I wonder if Hughes is putting him through a toughening up process.

:agree: Played a lot for the U19s this season as far as I'm aware.

Think you're right - there's a natural progression in being clearly good enough (and arguably a lot more so, in Booth's case) at U19s and then getting a loan stint at a lower-division club. Not every player does, Wotherspoon I think being a good example, but nevertheless you get the impression that it's a useful learning curve (and proving ground) for young talent with a chance of making the breakthrough.

Hopefully he continues to shine. As said above and elsewhere in the past he looks an absolutely outstanding prospect.

Dunbar Hibee
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Boooothy! Ken the boy well, terrific player as well. He will do well there.:agree:

hibby4ever
01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
i broke this news before the season started that callum was going to ask to go on loan but everyone said it was crap

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
i broke this news before the season started that callum was going to ask to go on loan but everyone said it was crap

thread in question (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=167120)

ahibby
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Kenny Miller went to Arbroath on loan from us and it did him a lot of good. I'd like to see history repeat itself except I don't want him to sell his soul to either OF. I think Miller went and returned before the season ended made his debut and scored in it.

matty_f
01-02-2010, 07:33 PM

thread in question (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=167120)

:greengrin Glad I got my apology in early!

Toaods
01-02-2010, 07:34 PM

not everyone (post #28)....:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Kenny Miller went to Arbroath on loan from us and it did him a lot of good. I'd like to see history repeat itself except I don't want him to sell his sole to either OF. I think Miller went and returned before the season ended made his debut and scored in it.

Stenny.

Lower division team that wear Jambo colours, easily confused.

:greengrin

easty
01-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Kenny Miller went to Arbroath on loan from us and it did him a lot of good. I'd like to see history repeat itself except I don't want him to sell his sole to either OF. I think Miller went and returned before the season ended made his debut and scored in it.

Something fishy about this....

He can sell all the sole he wants to them as far as I'm concerned, salmon and haddock as well.

:wink:

IWasThere2016
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Only the usual suspect havering from what I could see.

Matty Fairnie take a bow! :greengrin

.Sean.
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
You didn't 'break' the news at all, you spoke utter pish. I know that as he's a pal of mine.

All the best Boothy la' :thumbsup:

matty_f
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Only the usual suspect havering from what I could see.

Matty Fairnie take a bow! :greengrin

At least I apologised for it - you never apologise when you get it wrong!:thumbsup:

bawheid
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
At least I apologised for it - you never apologise when you get it wrong!:thumbsup:

His post count would be double if he did... :greengrin

PatHead
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Thought Miler went to Stenny on loan rather than Arbroath.

oconnors_strip
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
looks like callum will get a regular game there as it was to be an emergency loan at first.

good luck boothy:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
01-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Nice one - will help build the laddie up in that Division!

basehibby
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
That's a good move - Booth being one of the most promising of the U19s treble winning side (as well as the youngest I think).

Playing senior football for Arbroath will accustom him to playing against grown men in meaningful matches - a step in the right direction towards SPL football I think :thumbsup:

whereswallace?
01-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Not seen Booth play,or cant remember if he was playin the youth games iv seen.What type of full back is he? Whats he like physically?(no smart erse answers :greengrin) ie. Big and strong or small and quick a la Ashley Cole. Cheers.

.Sean.
01-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Not seen Booth play,or cant remember if he was playin the youth games iv seen.What type of full back is he? Whats he like physically?(no smart erse answers :greengrin) ie. Big and strong or small and quick a la Ashley Cole. Cheers.
Big, strong and very quick. Runs up and down the flank like a winger.

whereswallace?
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Big, strong and very quick. Runs up and down the flank like a winger.

:thumbsup: Good stuff,heard a lot of good things about him.Hopefully this will push him on and give him valuable experience.