PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman - Nish MOTM

AugustaHibs
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Just Read on the scotsman that Nish was MOTM? :bitchy:

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Just Read on the scotsman that Nish was MOTM? :bitchy:A frustrating player who got in all the right positions on Sat but couldn't score! He should have scored to put the game well beyond St Mirren's reach early doors! His lack of goals this season has been incredible but for some unknown reason he's one of the top SPL scorers of all time! In other word he's a bloomin enigma that i cannae work out! :nerd:

Golden Bear
01-02-2010, 04:21 PM

Quite honestly I didnae think that the big man had a bad game on Saturday.

Without a doubt he is the great enigma - you never quite know what he's going to produce and neither does he or his teammates!

CheesyHibby
01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Nish annoys me sometimes as a player but I feel his contribution to games is vital for the way we play. Part of the reason he hasnt scored that many this season is cos he's been playing a bit deeper.

Ritchie
01-02-2010, 04:23 PM
A frustrating player who got in all the right positions on Sat but couldn't score! He should have scored to put the game well beyond St Mirren's reach early doors! His lack of goals this season has been incredible but for some unknown reason he's one of the top SPL scorers of all time! In other word he's a bloomin enigma that i cannae work out! :nerd:

its because he's played in every SPL season so far.

there cant be many other strikers who have played more games in the SPL than him.

HFC 0-7
01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Nish is the same as Rankin for me, tries and tries. Does all the hard things and cant do the easy things. On Saturday both of them won tackles or headers, controlled the ball when opposition was all around then failed to make a 5 or 10 yard pass. So frustrating at times, but its still good to see that they are always trying!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
He didna have a bad game on Saturday but he was nae where near the MOTM. Both Miller and especially Hogg would have been streets ahead.

Rougier45
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
First game in a few years.

Nish was awful as was hogg and rankin--not hibs standard.

Why did Stokes go? Him and Miller are the class players.

Bloody freezin all in all an awful experience.

Crap crowd(guy called Stokes an Irish c-nt, Crap atmosphere(east tries ),Crap pitch, awful performance.

Golden Bear
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Crap crowd(guy called Stokes an Irish c-nt, Crap atmosphere(east tries ),Crap pitch, awful performance.

Jeez - where's the nearest hanging tree?

:boo hoo:

Rougier45
01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
honest viewpoint--dont live in scotland--was looking forward to it--given recent results --was similiar to games ive seen this season live

away to falkirk--home to celtic-- home and away to hearts --home to huns

not seen hibs play a decent game yet

HFC 0-7
01-02-2010, 04:50 PM
He didna have a bad game on Saturday but he was nae where near the MOTM. Both Miller and especially Hogg would have been streets ahead.

Hogg? dont know about that, he was one of the worst passers of the ball on saturday, in fact I think all he did after passing to no one a couple of times was hoof it up the pitch, much to Yogi's dissapointment!

Golden Bear
01-02-2010, 04:52 PM
honest viewpoint--dont live in scotland--was looking forward to it--given recent results --was similiar to games ive seen this season live

away to falkirk--home to celtic-- home and away to hearts --home to huns

not seen hibs play a decent game yet

In truth we've scrapped out far more victories than in previous seasons.

Testament to the character that Yogi has installed in the team I'd say.

ancient hibee
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

What is Hibs standard?Benny Brazil?Zibi?Hurtado?Konte?

allmodcons
01-02-2010, 05:00 PM

I certainly didn't think it was a crap performance, actually thought we did
OK after a very ropey first 20 minutes when we should have been 2 down.

Created lots of chances against a very stuffy St Mirren side. Stokes and
Nish (especially) unlucky to strike post in 1st half. Second half totally
dominated. Bad miss by Rankin when in on goal, great save by Gallacher
from Liam Miller and an injury time winner to warm you up.

Surely can't be expecting us to score 5 every week?

Good result and overall a decent performance.

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I certainly didn't think it was a crap performance, actually thought we did
OK after a very ropey first 20 minutes when we should have been 2 down.

Created lots of chances against a very stuffy St Mirren side. Stokes and
Nish (especially) unlucky to strike post in 1st half. Second half totally
dominated. Bad miss by Rankin when in on goal, great save by Gallacher
from Liam Miller and an injury time winner to warm you up.

Surely can't be expecting us to score 5 every week?

Good result and overall a decent performance.

That has happened a lot of times this season. The two games where it didn't were the Huns home game and St. Johnstone in the league cup. I'm almost worried if Hibs get off to a decent start in a game.

:greengrin

That kind of performance kind of divides people, as some dwell on the "we could have been 2-0 down" train of thought, and ignore the quality chances created by Hibs after that.

I think Nish as MOTM on Saturday isn't a totally ridiculous shout, he did very well apart from a couple of headers late on that he should have done better with. He set up the equaliser and hit the post in the first half.

brythehibby
01-02-2010, 05:06 PM

One of the most frustrating players ever. Got in all the right positions, couldnt score. Still i feel he contributed as much as riordan and stokes if not more on saturday. If he starts taking half the chances thats created for him, we wont be talking about him every week for the wrong reasons :agree:

Cabbage East
01-02-2010, 05:13 PM

You'd be a good laugh down the boozer.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2010, 08:00 PM

Nish was at heart of most of our attacks, Hogg had an impressive game, and Rankin run his socks off:confused:

What exactly is "Hibs Class"???:confused:

Speedy
01-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Injured apparently...or so someone said on the thread moaning about sub going straight down the tunnel.