PDA

View Full Version : Hi-bees next star

hibby4ever
01-02-2010, 12:22 PM
was just thinking that hibs should run something like (footballs next star ) they could do it every year age group 13-17 (age group could be changed ) i think it would be a very good idea and also get us some good players also no clubs seem to do this so hibs would get a few people going in for it just wanted to see what poeple thought

Haymaker
01-02-2010, 12:53 PM
was just thinking that hibs should run something like (footballs next star ) they could do it every year age group 13-17 (age group could be changed ) i think it would be a very good idea and also get us some good players also no clubs seem to do this so hibs would get a few people going in for it just wanted to see what poeple thought

Unfortunatly places too much pressure on said "star". Most likely outcome will be an over-enflated ego and a waste of a player.

Too many young players are called "stars" before they earn that right. Sturrige (sp?) at chelsea now but was at City, Micah Richards has gone backwards after being "the next big thing", There is a kid at Inter milan who i cant remember is the same.

Andy74
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Hibs and other teams scout young players all the time, hold trials and all the other things you see on these programmes - they just don't have cameras there.