PDA

View Full Version : Only one name to sign!

Jack
01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Gérémi from Newcastle to Ankaragucu.

I thinks that's the type of player we really need and I cannot honestly remember someone filling that role at Hibs – ever.

Many clubs have had a players like this and as far as I am aware they have always been stand outs for the team they were in.

What I’m calling for is a serious attempt at signing a player with only one name, I know they have more than one name really* but, what's Kaka’s other names? What's Pele’s other names? And what about Raul?

Come on Yogi this has been ignored for too long. :grr: Be the first, get someone like this in. You know you want to. :cool2:

* Gérémi Sorélé Njitap Fotso

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Benji????

hibsbollah
01-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Colin.

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Benji????

He also gets called Abdessalam Benjelloun by some though.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
He also gets called Abdessalam Benjelloun by some though.:rolleyes:

Does he, well i never.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I never either.

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Does he, well i never.

Some commentators do, or on team lists, i don't either but some do.

Jack
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Benji????

:rolleyes:

F***! No! Benji became Benji after he came to us did he not. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
If we can't get a genuine one-name player we should go for one of those back-to-fronters like Collins John. Thomson Allan is the last one I can remember us having, and he was good.

FrankDiscussion
01-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Johnny Jensen had Faxe (pronounced Fashy) on his shirt when he went to Brondby. Nickname I guess.

I'm up for a bit more of that. Like if Scotty Broon had actually put Broonaldinho on his shirt, or to have had Wee Crunchie bombing down the wing back in the day.

Good shout from the OP, it's this kind of personality that would turn us from a brilliant team into a truly phenomenal one.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Bob would be the biggest seller, world wide sales would see to that.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Christian Benitez has Chucho:confused:

Pretty Boy
01-02-2010, 09:52 PM

I thinks that's the type of player we really need and I cannot honestly remember someone filling that role at Hibs – ever.

Many clubs have had a players like this and as far as I am aware they have always been stand outs for the team they were in.

What I’m calling for is a serious attempt at signing a player with only one name, I know they have more than one name really* but, what's Kaka’s other names? What's Pele’s other names? And what about Raul?

Come on Yogi this has been ignored for too long. :grr: Be the first, get someone like this in. You know you want to. :cool2:

Pele- Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Kaka- Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite
Raul- Raul Gonzalez Blanco

:wink:

Toaods
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM

he's always played under the name Nijtap (see any Internationals).

signed
A fitba' pedant. :greengrin