PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Transfer deadline day thread - Gow signs with Hibs, GIRUY Yams

Pages : [1] 2 3

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2010, 06:31 AM
The place for any transfer news throughout the day.

The transfer window SLAMS shut in Scotland at midnight.

The transfer window in England SLAMS shut at 5pm.

Any Hibs signings from England will need to be done by 5pm (although BBC Sport are now reporting that Scottish teams can sign players from England until midnight :confused: )
From the BBC -

0725: Worth an early mention that although the deadline for English clubs is 1700 GMT, for Scottish ones it's midnight. So, for example, Birmingham cannot buy Kris Boyd from Rangers after 1700 GMT, but Rangers could re-sign Barry Ferguson from Birmingham up until midnight. Clear as mud? Good. The times are different around Europe and it's the buying club that is important time-wise.

Here's hoping it's an exciting day :thumbsup:

zlatan
01-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Yogi said after the match on Saturday the players were getting a couple of days off after a tough week which hopefully means he has the day to himself to get those plates spinning.

Not expecting much but a right back would be nice, it's all we really need if anything.

Sandy
01-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Yogi said after the match on Saturday the players were getting a couple of days off after a tough week which hopefully means he has the day to himself to get those plates spinning.

Not expecting much but a right back would be nice, it's all we really need if anything.

:agree: Allowing Spoony to move into his proper position.

Toaods
01-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Jack Ross............:greengrin

Speedway
01-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I love deadline day with all it's will they/won't they-do they/don't they drama.

It's like a soap opera for blokes.

Let's see a high quality signing come in, whereever they play in the team, let's just get excited about the fact we've signed a player that's too good for our league ala Miller.

p=sh
01-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Let's see a high quality signing come in, whereever they play in the team, let's just get excited about the fact we've signed a player that's too good for our league ala Miller.

But wait, didn't Lee Miller sign for middlesborough?

Callum_62
01-02-2010, 08:19 AM
are they running thro the window this year on radio?

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Man City are poised to complete a deal for Parma's Kenyan international McDonald Mariga. Valeri Bojinov, currently at the Italian side on loan from City, could make his move there permanent as part of the deal.

p=sh
01-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Man City are poised to complete a deal for Parma's Kenyan international McDonald Mariga. Valeri Bojinov, currently at the Italian side on loan from City, could make his move there permanent as part of the deal.

would I be considered too much of a twat if I requested that we keep this thread for stuff that was pertinent to Hibs [including Yam foolishness, of course...]?
There's loads of other sites dealing with other gossip about nonentities signing for English clubs.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2010, 08:37 AM
A top Russian club are considering making a bid for Hibs defender Sol Bamba after he impressed them with his performances for the Ivory Coast in the Africa Cup of Nations. (Daily Mail)

JoeT
01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Celtic with the first moves of the day:

0954: DONE DEAL: We are officially cooking - and so are Celtic. They've added to the signing of Diomansy Kamara by snapping up teenager Paul Slane from Motherwell. The 18-year-old joins the club on a four-year deal.

0952: DONE DEAL: First deal of the day involving a Premier League club done and dusted and it's Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara, 29, who has joined Scottish giants Celtic on loan until the end of the season, with the Bhoys having an option to buy.

Cabbage East
01-02-2010, 09:02 AM
would I be considered too much of a twat if I requested that we keep this thread for stuff that was pertinent to Hibs [including Yam foolishness, of course...]?
There's loads of other sites dealing with other gossip about nonentities signing for English clubs.

Good shout. Scottish stuff only I would say.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 09:05 AM
How many dodgy camara's are that lot going to sign?

Sylar
01-02-2010, 09:07 AM

Cue a barrage of jokes relating to Sony/Nikon/Canon sponsorships...

Andy74
01-02-2010, 09:08 AM

It's going to be an awfully short and disappointing thread then!

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 09:09 AM

0954: DONE DEAL: We are officially cooking - and so are Celtic. They've added to the signing of Diomansy Kamara by snapping up teenager Paul Slane from Motherwell. The 18-year-old joins the club on a four-year deal.

0952: DONE DEAL: First deal of the day involving a Premier League club done and dusted and it's Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara, 29, who has joined Scottish giants Celtic on loan until the end of the season, with the Bhoys having an option to buy.

not a bad signing that:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Bit harsh there I think, BH. Kamara's got a cracking snapshot on him. To be honest, I am surprised he's went to Celtic as I believed the French club Lens were after him :wink:

Right, I'm out....over to the rest for some tip-top photography puns.

Gatecrasher
01-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Please don't .net will be my only resource for transfers today as I have a weak phone signal .

GloryGlory
01-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Bit harsh there I think, BH. Kamara's got a cracking snapshot on him. To be honest, I am surprised he's went to Celtic as I believed the French club Lens were after him :wink:

Celtic signing better players and getting rid of duds? Me no Leica.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Yes you are right, its not like me to be so negative, i should have looked at the bigger picture.

Worcester Hibby
01-02-2010, 09:19 AM
That's all the business celtic will do today...they'll be pulling down the shutters now.

James70
01-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I hear that Kamara can fairly zoom in on goal from a wide angle. :wink:

machibby
01-02-2010, 09:22 AM

Can we just focus on the signing news and not develop this pun malarkey

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
celtic just signed Braafheid from Bayern Munich

zlatan
01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
celtic just signed Braafheid from Bayern Munich

3 pretty impressive signings already for them, I think Slane has caught everyone by surprise.

edit - **** off with the puns, no need to ruin this thread with something we've seen a million times before.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Can we just focus on the signing news and not develop this pun malarkey

Canon we give this a rest. It's not Practika to have a thread hijacked by all this exposure to puns, it's becoming an Olympus sport. If this carries on, someone is going to supasnaps and then we'll have a slanging match going on in a flash.

I'd rather we tripod to focus on the subject in hand, shuttering out all these silly wordplay's and enlarge our discussion on the tranfer deals going through for fuji's sake.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Hughes quoted in the Record saying his squad strengthening is over and doesn't expect any late offers for Hibs players. Goes on to say Benji, Stevenson and McCann have something to prove in second half of season.

Maybe laid the gauntlet down to these guys that their days at ER are numbered?

persevere1875
01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Any truth in the Keith Treacy from Blackburn Rovers deal then ???

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I took today off work for nothing if that's the case. Baws!!

Speedway
01-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Hughes quoted in the Record saying his squad strengthening is over and doesn't expect any late offers for Hibs players. Goes on to say Benji, Stevenson and McCann have something to prove in second half of season.

Would that be the Dailly Record?

PatHead
01-02-2010, 09:43 AM
A top Russian club are considering making a bid for Hibs defender Sol Bamba after he impressed them with his performances for the Ivory Coast in the Africa Cup of Nations. (Daily Mail)

If this is true they can sign him during their window and doesn't need done today. Must be easily impressed though as he didn't have a good tournament.

sleeping giant
01-02-2010, 09:43 AM

Saying in the Scotsman that he is not finished and he will be working away until midnight to try to secure players !

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I took today off work for nothing if that's the case. Baws!!

So did I. 12 hours of watching the wee yellow bar on SSN for nowt!

And yeah, should have said to take with a pinch of salt as it is the daily record after all. Kinda hoping it's just Yogi teasing us and he still has something to pull out the hat :)

Speedway
01-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Saying in the Scotsman that he is not finished and he will be working away until midnight to try to secure players !

Would that be the Scotsman that comes out on a Dailly basis?

Geremi has gone to Turkey meanwhile. No news on Clarkson.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
So did I. 12 hours of watching the wee yellow bar on SSN for nowt!

And yeah, should have said to take with a pinch of salt as it is the daily record after all. Kinda hoping it's just Yogi teasing us and he still has something to pull out the hat :)

I'm too busy perving on the presenter with the pink top on to notice any deals being done. She is fiiiiiine!!!

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2010, 09:49 AM
****tu to Rangers. Please let that be true!! no ideas who he is but gotta love the name!

Hmm, how do you write his name without it going all stars?

Green Man
01-02-2010, 09:50 AM
****tu to Rangers. Please let that be true!! no ideas who he is but gotta love the name!

Danny ****tu - not sure where he is now but I think he was at Watford? Never looked like that great a player.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
3 pretty impressive signings already for them, I think Slane has caught everyone by surprise.

edit - **** off with the puns, no need to ruin this thread with something we've seen a million times before.

Are you saying we've had too much exposure to them?

greenlex
01-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm too busy perving on the presenter with the pink top on to notice any deals being done. She is fiiiiiine!!!

Talking of fine presenters. How fit is Di Stewart on the golf?:drool: Struggling to concentrate on the strokes. :dizzy:

Green Man
01-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Talking of fine presenters. How fit is Di Stewart on the golf?:drool: Struggling to concentrate on the strokes. :agree:

If she's that fit I'd have thought she'd help with your stroke :wink:

Hank Schrader
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Talking of fine presenters. How fit is Di Stewart on the golf?:drool: Struggling to concentrate on the strokes. :dizzy:

I definitely would :greengrin

bingo70
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Hmm, how do you write his name without it going all stars?

Remember a couple of summers ago Celtic were linked with him and a couple of other players, at one stage if all the rumours came true they could have had a defence of........

Naylor...****tu......Balde.....Fanni

:tee hee:

Big90inOz
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Can anyone give me a link to the site where the transfer moves are being listed ?

Speedway
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Stevie Smith looking to leave Rangers. :hmmm:

H18sry
01-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Can anyon give me a link to the site where the transfer moves are being listed ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8484330.stm

Cocaine&Caviar
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Can anyon give me a link to the site where the transfer moves are being listed ?

http://www.footballdatabase.eu/transferts.php?&newlg=en (http://www.footballdatabase.eu/transferts.php?&newlg=en)

This is quite a handy site as it does transfer all over the world.

Big90inOz
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Cheers :thumbsup:

H18sry
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
1202: DONE DEAL: Yet more from our friends north of the border: Dutch international defender Edson Braafheid has joined Celtic on loan from Bayern Munich until the end of this season.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
1202: DONE DEAL: Yet more from our friends north of the border: Dutch international defender Edson Braafheid has joined Celtic on loan from Bayern Munich until the end of this season.

All loans for Mowbray here.

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Championship outfit QPR have swooped to sign much-travelled striker Marcus Bent on loan from Birmingham for the rest of the season.
..Shouldn't Garry O'Connor be thinking about going out on loan too, maybe to someone like us.:greengrin

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 11:16 AM
The transfer window slams shut at different times around Europe. Here's a rough guide:
1700 GMT: England
1800 GMT: Italy
2300 GMT: France & Spain
0000 GMT: Scotland

greenlex
01-02-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.footballdatabase.eu/transferts.php?&newlg=en (http://www.footballdatabase.eu/transferts.php?&newlg=en)

This is quite a handy site as it does transfer all over the world.

Except Hibs it would seem. No sign of Browns Transfer from Celtic on that site.:devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Ah well, Hughes all but confirms in the EEN that there'll be no more business today.

S'pose I'd better get on with the housework :boo hoo:

brog
01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Evening News now quoting Yogi as saying we're probably done for this window. A shame but we have a strong & experienced squad now.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
..Shouldn't Garry O'Connor be thinking about going out on loan too, maybe to someone like us.:greengrin

He's out until very close to the end of the season.

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Championship outfit QPR have swooped to sign much-travelled striker Marcus Bent on loan from Birmingham for the rest of the season.

nah he is out of contract at the end of the season, get him signed up on a pre season.

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
He's out until very close to the end of the season.

Aw so that's why he hasn't been getting a look-in at Birmingham, hopefully will recover soon, still think he needs to move on though, likewise with Murphy, two great players desperate for first team football.

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Hasn't Yogi spent all the Transfer Window signing goalies? I hope he's not planning on signing yet another one today!

seanraff07
01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Hasn't Yogi spent all the Transfer Window signing goalies? I hope he's not planning on signing yet another one today!

If he does then Stack obviously isn't going to recover from his back problem, Maka will be out the door, and Flynn could probably forget about his chances too, i really hope we don't get another one.

ArabHibee
01-02-2010, 11:35 AM
The transfer window slams shut at different times around Europe. Here's a rough guide:
1700 GMT: England
1800 GMT: Italy
2300 GMT: France & Spain
0000 GMT: Scotland

Correct. But Scottish clubs can sign anyone from anywhere up until midnight.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Evening News now quoting Yogi as saying we're probably done for this window. A shame but we have a strong & experienced squad now.

I wonder if he's said that to get one or two agents demands down?

Cocaine&Caviar
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
nah he is out of contract at the end of the season, get him signed up on a pre season.

Do you mean a pre-contract? :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
01-02-2010, 11:38 AM
While Im happy with all of Yogis signings, would have liked to have seen someone else coming in, to give us that extra bit in the push for 3rd.

You cant really tell with what a manager says, could be them saying that to work a deal or it could be genuine so wouldnt say its over till the windows actually closed.

Andy74
01-02-2010, 11:38 AM

Aye, you never know, doors that have been shut before could re-open on deadline day as other things start to move.

Doubt it though and can't say we are too desperate for anyhting. A right back and more competition for the centre halfs would may be good but that's really us talking about an ideal squad.

I'll be far happier if we gt top quality in those positions in the summer instead of jumping into anyhting now that isn't right long term.

Ed De Gramo
01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Just got a txt saying TV crews at ER at the moment....

ArabHibee
01-02-2010, 11:42 AM

Probably taking footage of the East before its ripped down for posterity............

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Steven Lennon of Rangers signs a 6 month loan deal with Lincoln.

Hull have rejected a £5 million bid from Wolves for Stephen Hunt.

GlesgaeHibby
01-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Would guess there will be a press call to unveil Mark Brown formally.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Fulham sign Nicky Shorey on loan from Aston Villa.

EskbankHibby
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM

:agree: my take on it as well.

Pretty sure we were not interested in Miller or Stokes until they had Hibs scarfs over their heads next to Yogi.

H18sry
01-02-2010, 12:23 PM
"Alan Hutton's wiki page claims he is now a Sunderland player, also giving an obscure family connection to Sunderland."

Delboy4
01-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Heard that Allan Hutton is moving to Sunderland...

macca70
01-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Braafheid:faf:

Surely, if your names 'Braheid', the last country on the planet you want to be going on loan to is Scotland.:greengrin

will be the only cups at sellick this season :agree:

Speedway
01-02-2010, 12:40 PM
It's interesting to watch the Yogispeak develop in his time here.

Examples.

Although we've had 5 or 6 doors closed in our face, we'll be working right up to midnight on Monday. (11am Sunday)

That's us done now (11am Monday)

Zemmamma should be fit (any game that he's not fit for.)

We've got 4 good goalkeepers at the club now. (if we really had three good goalkeepers and no reserve league, why buy another one?)

It's all speculation re: Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes (both sign for Hibs)

This is not a criticism and I believe it's Yogi creating spin for a good reason, but even if we are done for this window, I wouldn't take a public Yogi statement as proof.

Now if the fish man says we're done for this window, fair enough.

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Benni McCarthy signs for West Ham.

macca70
01-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Nakamura and Scott mcdonald possibly going to boro.

Looks like strachans Celtic scrap heap is piling up nicely.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Derby have signed Javan Vidal from Man City on loan.....surprised they got that wrapped up Sasoon.

greenlex
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM

New Stand being announced. Cardboard boxes etc at the ready.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Derby have signed Javan Vidal from Man City on loan.....surprised they got that wrapped up Sasoon.

That's hairlarious.

Interesting to see Cooper get his jotters at Posh after only 13 games.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 12:50 PM

It's a misspelling.

It was meant to be TVs Cruise at ER at the moment.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
It's a misspelling.

Would he no better of going to Tynecastle to speak to Jefferies, who is currently cast in the lead role of Mission Impossible at the moment himself?

persevere1875
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Some guy on Sky sports transfer rumours reckons were trying to sign Michael Hart, right back, from PNE, mind you he still thinks were signing Darren Barr aswell :dunno:

Speedway
01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Some guy on Sky sports transfer rumours reckons were trying to sign Michael Hart, right back, from PNE, mind you he still thinks were signing Darren Barr aswell :dunno:

Probably read it on here.

sleeping giant
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
1100 Guests on here at the moment.

Nosey bassas:greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
only 305 now, must have read your comment :wink:

MacBean
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
It's a misspelling.

or young Tom Cruise from arsenal :wink:

Sandy
01-02-2010, 01:11 PM
1100 Guests on here at the moment.

Nosey bassas:greengrin

All of them Yams, so they can then run off to tell Jumbo who we are looking at signing and then they can nip in and sign them first :agree:

hibbie02
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Shelton Martis WBA to Donny Rovers

I would have thought Sellick would sign him............

H18sry
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
This in from our colleagues at Radio Sheffield - Dutch defender Shelton Martis has moved from West Brom to Doncaster for an undisclosed fee. Martis spent time at Donny on loan in 2008

sleeping giant
01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
only 305 now, must have read your comment :wink:

Still 1146 on my browser:agree:

persevere1875
Radio Sheffield :dunno:

H18sry
No sh*t Ronaldo, where did you hear that one??? :greengrin

Radio Sheffield :devil:

hibbie02
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Radio Sheffield :devil:

You often listen to that for the Shelton Martis coverage? :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
It's interesting to watch the Yogispeak develop in his time here.

Examples.

Although we've had 5 or 6 doors closed in our face, we'll be working right up to midnight on Monday. (11am Sunday)

That's us done now (11am Monday)

Zemmamma should be fit (any game that he's not fit for.)

We've got 4 good goalkeepers at the club now. (if we really had three good goalkeepers and no reserve league, why buy another one?)

It's all speculation re: Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes (both sign for Hibs)

This is not a criticism and I believe it's Yogi creating spin for a good reason, but even if we are done for this window, I wouldn't take a public Yogi statement as proof.

Now if the fish man says we're done for this window, fair enough.

All of those are white lies. (I know that's a quasi-racist phrase)

eg1 If he says Hibs now have three good goalies, the follow up question is obvious.

eg2 If he encourages speculation re a player that isn't signed yet, it alerts others to the availability and possible price of the player.

MacBean
01-02-2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5899527,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5899527,00.html)

A host of clubs are ready to battle it out for the signature of midfielder Keith Treacy.
Blackburn Rovers (http://topics.skysports.com/Blackburn+Rovers/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are ready to sell the Irish Under 21 international, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Sheffield United. (http://topics.skysports.com/Sheffield+United/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Treacy (http://topics.skysports.com/Keith+Treacy/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif impressed for the Blades playing in 17 games for Kevin Blackwell's (http://topics.skysports.com/Kevin+Blackwell/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif side.
But he was dropped from the starting line-up in December and he returned to Ewood Park.
Now it is believed Middlesbrough, Barnsley and Hibernian are amongst a number of clubs ready to bid for Treacy.
Sheffield United are also considering bringing Treacy back, despite their fall-out last month.

hibbie02
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Any news on progress with Iffey Pastabaic yet?:confused:

Is he joining or no?

MyJo
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
If we're looking at players from Reserve level in england then it likely we'll see them moving after 5pm once the transfer window is shut down there:agree:

JimBHibees
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5899527,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5899527,00.html)

No way Hibs would be able to compete financially with they clubs however maybe he is a mate of Miller and Stokes and wants a regular game.

H18sry
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Leon Best from Coventry City on a three-and-a-half year deal for undisclosed fee."

1429: Here's what's happened so far:
Benni McCarthy signs for West Ham
Celtic sign Diomansy Kamara and Edson Braafheid
Fulham net Roma hitman Stefano Okaka on loan
Teenager Victor Moses completes Wigan move
Man City are denied a work permit for McDonald Mariga

H18sry
01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
1440: DONE DEAL: Hull City have confirmed that Daniel Cousin has joined Greek side Larissa on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move

Billychaotic182
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey Just in from uni. Any news?

Cropley10
01-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey Just in from uni. Any news?

In a word? No.:greengrin

H18sry
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
1447: This from our Welsh cousins: Swansea City's out-of-favour striker Stephen Dobbie is expected to make a transfer deadline day loan switch. The Scotsman has been linked with a loan move to the end of the season to Championship play-off rivals Blackpool

Billychaotic182
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
In a word? No.:greengrin

Ah well :yawn:

hibbie02
01-02-2010, 01:55 PM
1447: This from our Welsh cousins: Swansea City's out-of-favour striker Stephen Dobbie is expected to make a transfer deadline day loan switch. The Scotsman has been linked with a loan move to the end of the season to Championship play-off rivals Blackpool

Are you the guy that is also supplying the BBC with all their info, as it is spookily similar..................... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you actually in the fishvan with the fishmonger, getting it all at source???

Calvin
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
1440: DONE DEAL: Hull City have confirmed that Daniel Cousin has joined Greek side Larissa on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move

He'll do well there I think.

Potty78
01-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Stevie Smith looking to leave Rangers. :hmmm:
Smith at left back and put Murray to right back:agree:

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
is it right that scottish clubs can buy(or loan) players from england after 5pm, if so the rumourmill will start then:wink:

Sir David Gray
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
is it right that scottish clubs can buy(or loan) players from england after 5pm, if so the rumourmill will start then:wink:

The deadline for Scottish clubs is midnight tonight, whereas it's 5pm for English clubs. Obviously English clubs can sell players after 5pm, they just can't bring anyone else in.

Billychaotic182
01-02-2010, 02:21 PM
So there is no news at all of us bringing anyone in? Guess were are no gettin anyone then...... Ah well

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 02:24 PM
So there is no news at all of us bringing anyone in? Guess were are no gettin anyone then...... Ah well
plenty time:wink:

Potty78
01-02-2010, 02:28 PM
hope am wrong but i think thats it for this window!

Steve20

Yogi has pretty much said that we are done this transfer window.

Barney McGrew

We've done business outside of the window before too, so it's worth remembering that as of 5pm/12pm tonight there will be plenty out of contract players still available.

Scooter
01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Paul dickov has been realesed by leicester??

KerPlunk
01-02-2010, 02:32 PM
From The Grauniad :-

12.04pm: "Radio Tay in Dundee reporting Dundee United have signed a Uruguyan striker called Walter Rojas. Radio Tay confidently say he's a wonderkid, not quite sure how they know that. Nominal fee," reports Bob Swankie. It would be an astonishing move, United having bought an Argentinian of that name in the early 1990s who turned out to be rubbish. What are the odds of there being two of them?

:greengrin

whiskyhibby
01-02-2010, 02:42 PM

After the English deadline of 5pm is when it will begin to happen is my guess:greengrin

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 02:44 PM
After the English deadline of 5pm is when it will begin to happen is my guess:greengrin
:cool2:

Potty78
01-02-2010, 02:55 PM
spill the beans Andy!

Audio Visual
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
What do you know andyhibs? I'm off work and bored oot my napper. Is this thread going to be worth following over the next 8 or so hours?

BEEJ
01-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Generally, this transfer window is very subdued across the country. A lot of 'loan signing until the end of the season' deals would appear to suggest that finances are much more strained now, even in the EPL.

All very quiet ......... :yawn:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Generally, this transfer window is very subdued across the country. A lot of 'loan signing until the end of the season' deals would appear to suggest that finances are much more strained now, even in the EPL.

All very quiet ......... :yawn:

Accountants are saying that EPL teams have only spent ~ £20M (that could be more like £30M if Johnson moves to Man City), last year it was well over £150M.

aberhibsfc
01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Any fish vans near ER?

MacBean
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Any fish vans near ER?

he has had his plaice in thie transfer window.

Bar his news this Window blow(fish)s

ROD:wink: petrie has tightened up again

I thought yogi would have made a few more signings to sprinkle some gold(fish) dust on!

yada, yada, yada :blah::blah:

zlatan
01-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Any fish vans near ER?

No.

Long suffering
01-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Do you know anything? Please spill if you do.

mjhibby
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Probably read it on here.

Hart was very close to signing but when the manager,alan irvine,got sacked the new boy,fergies wee laddie, came in he got pitched into the team.Good chance we will be in for him in the summer though.Btw im sure murrays situation is just brinkmanship by both sides with murray just looking for as good a deal as poss.Cant see where else he would want to play his football as he is twice the player when he pulls on the hibs strip.:thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
01-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Ive just realised why there was over 1500 folk on this site earlier its cos brokeback wisnae working and the maroon bams needed a fix of a proper website,welcome jamboids to the planet Hibees.Enjoy the banter and intelligent conversation,pull up a seat and see how the other half lives:bye:

HibeeDaz6270
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Mido signed for west ham.

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
What do you know andyhibs? I'm off work and bored oot my napper. Is this thread going to be worth following over the next 8 or so hours?
not heard anything yet:wink:, previously there would have been the odd whisper or two , but after 5pm things could happen:cool2:

Deek01
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Jim Hamilton to Livingston :wink:

andrew70
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
not heard anything yet:wink:, previously there would have been the odd whisper or two , but after 5pm things could happen:cool2:

From English clubs?? A loan or two that perhaps were waiting for clubs dwon south but nothing happened so willing to come up north??

Captain Trips
01-02-2010, 03:39 PM
A few things might happen after 5pm, based purely on things not happening for a player down south might leave door open.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Was hoping to hear a snippet or two from David *gulp* Tanner but of course, silly me, he only wanted to talk about Rangers and Celtic.

Smug-looking wee phanny that he is.

bingo70
01-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Your choice of smilies is contradicting what your saying.

If you've genuinely not heard anything whats with the :wink: and :cool2: ?

TBH i don't know anything other than whats made public but i don't think we'll sign anyone today, it wouldn't surprise me if we sign an out of contract player after today though as free transfers are generally the market we're in anyway so there being a transfer window isn't always that relevant.

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
From English clubs?? A loan or two that perhaps were waiting for clubs dwon south but nothing happened so willing to come up north??
not only that , but scottish players hoping to go south, after 5pm staying up here looking for clubs

andyhibs
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Your choice of smilies is contradicting what your saying.

If you've genuinely not heard anything whats with the :wink: and :cool2: ?

TBH i don't know anything other than whats made public but i don't think we'll sign anyone today, it wouldn't surprise me if we sign an out of contract player after today though as free transfers are generally the market we're in anyway so there being a transfer window isn't always that relevant.
yeh you are right, i have not heard anything YET , but when and if i do, i will post on here , like i always have

andrew70
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
not only that , but scottish players hoping to go south, after 5pm staying up here looking for clubs

Never thought of it that way - interesting maybe it is worthwhile to stick around 'til midnight. Hope Hibs pull a surprise siging out the bag but it may be that we've done our business in this window. Hoe not. Stevie Smith for me please.

JimBHibees
yeh you are right, i have not heard anything YET , but when and if i do, i will post on here , like i always have

So you basically know as much or as little as anyone else. :wink:

JimBHibees
Never thought of it that way - interesting maybe it is worthwhile to stick around 'til midnight. Hope Hibs pull a surprise siging out the bag but it may be that we've done our business in this window. Hoe not. Stevie Smith for me please.

Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole due to his injury record.

Dr Jimmy
01-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Was hoping to hear a snippet or two from David *gulp* Tanner but of course, silly me, he only wanted to talk about Rangers and Celtic.

Saw him earlier talking about the Celtic signings..fair enough. Then he went on to Rangers and said "the news from Ibrox is that there is no news". That's the kind of investigative journalism we need on the telly........plum!

bingo70
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM

I take from that you've had exclusives on here before :dunno:

If thats the case and you've not heard anything this time does it not just mean that like Yogi said nothing is actually happening, rather than something possibly happening after 5pm?

matty_f
01-02-2010, 04:07 PM

:agree:
Without a word of a lie, his report went "And the news from Ibrox is there is no news."

Should be sacked on the spot for that.

SaudiHibby
01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Dont worry I understand you Andy :greengrin

H18sry
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
1713: Aberdeen have secured the signature of striker Steven MacLean from Plymouth Argyle. He will join up at Pittodrie on loan until the end of the season. Also, Darlington have signed full-back Richie Byrne, who has been without a club since being released by Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the summer

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
1713: Aberdeen have secured the signature of striker Steven MacLean from Plymouth Argyle. He will join up at Pittodrie on loan until the end of the season. Also, Darlington have signed full-back Richie Byrne, who has been without a club since being released by Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the summer

Not good enough for Hearts

:agree:

:wink:

greenlex
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
The Christian Daily thing went very quiet. :rolleyes:

persevere1875
01-02-2010, 04:24 PM
On another note, can anyone confirm claims made by Vinnie Jones himself on Radio 5 Live today that he once almost signed for Hibs :confused:

Golden Bear
01-02-2010, 04:26 PM

Steven's a Hibby - I'm sure he'll see us all right if selected to play for the Dons in the forthcoming fixture against them.

persevere1875
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
On another note, can anyone confirm claims made by Vinnie Jones himself on Radio 5 Live today that he once almost signed for Hibs :confused:

Sorry didnt realise there was already a thread about this :grr:

Potty78
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Steven's a Hibby - I'm sure he'll see us all right if selected to play for the Dons in the forthcoming fixture against them.

not played a competitive game for a while but should be a decent signing for the sheep,he better no score next week though.He used to go to ER in his younger days until he signed for that lot!

declan macmanus
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Antonio Murray [unattached - Cambridge Utd]

magnificent_seven
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Scott McDonald is away to Boro according to BBC.

Winston Ingram
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Keith Treacy is off to Preston

hibeeleicester
01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Looks like no other english clubs have picked up Gray.:wink:

Winston Ingram
01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
SSN: Lee Miller and Scott McDonald have signed for Boro

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Good to see the back of the both of them :notworthy:

zlatan
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM

That's all Celtics activity for today funded right there, won't miss the sight of that fat arsed moaning idiot.

The English window at 5pm could prove to be a really good thing for Scotland, some players desperate for a move might be forced up north for a while now :greengrin

Leithenhibby
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Good to see the back of the both of them :notworthy:

:thumbsup: greeting faced bassas, the pair...:cool2:

Speedway
01-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Thinking about it you know, Liam Miller was described by Puss McPherson as being the 'best signing of the season' in the SPL.

Wasn't Miller signed significantly outside of the window, being out of contract?

Therefore fair to assume that some players of calibre having not moved in the window might be punted off the wage bill (just like we did with JJ and DVZ) and there will be business to be done throughout February and maybe even beyond that.

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Thinking about it you know, Liam Miller was described by Puss McPherson as being the 'best signing of the season' in the SPL.

Wasn't Miller signed significantly outside of the window, being out of contract?

Therefore fair to assume that some players of calibre having not moved in the window might be punted off the wage bill (just like we did with JJ and DVZ) and there will be business to be done throughout February and maybe even beyond that.

Straws, clutching.

johnbc70
01-02-2010, 05:19 PM

I am really amazed at Stachan's signings. Killen, Flood, McManus, Robson and now McDonald from Celtic and rumoured to have paid £500K for the huddy Lee Miller. He was also after Nakamura I hear as well!

If I was a Boro fan I would be wondering what the hell is going on.

The £500K for Miller smacks of him doing a wee favour for his mate McGee, I mean who else would shell out £500K for Miller who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Speedway
01-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Straws, clutching.

I don't think that we're in for either of those players.

matty_f
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Straws, clutching.

I don't think that's clutching at straws at all. Miller is a great example of how quality players can be picked up outside of the transfer window.

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't think that's clutching at straws at all. Miller is a great example of how quality players can be picked up outside of the transfer window.

I dont doubt that but my issue was more, theres no chance we've considered that or calculated our transfer dealings to that effect.

Mibbes Aye
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Straws, clutching.

I don't think that we're in for either of those players.

If we lose out on either of them due to Petrie's tight-fistedness it will be an outrage :grr:

(Can't say I'm that familiar with either of them. Does Clutching play a sort of holding role?)

Wotherspiniesta
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Blackpool have signed Hearts midfielder Stephen Husband for a nominal fee.... Who? :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I gotta feeling.............. :hmmm:

whiskyhibby
01-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Blackpool have signed Hearts midfielder Stephen Husband for a nominal fee.... Who? :confused:

Thats the cleaners wages sorted for a couple of months................

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

PaulSmith
01-02-2010, 05:33 PM

That tonights going to be a good night...

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Another of the youngsters they've been touting as a superstar over on JKB, another product of their world-class youth policy which has seen them bring through Copil, Rapnik and Kostadinov who were referred to as 3 of European football's brightest prospects.

All three are no longer at Tynie as they spectacularly failed to make the grade.

Much like their official website giving out "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" interviews with CheerUp, they make a lot of noise and hype about events and people that nobody else really rates nor cares about.

Scooter
01-02-2010, 05:35 PM

What PH??

Potty78
01-02-2010, 05:38 PM
gow:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Spencey says Hibs are in talks with Alan Gow!

Dr Jimmy
01-02-2010, 05:39 PM
TBF think it is or was pretty common in ireland to have an english team plus rangers or celtic.

I actually met him in Ayia Napa a few years ago, was a good bloke, made the time to speak to everyone in the pub, he then got up and sang fields of athenry, with him being Irish i don't think that really tells us anything about who he supported as a kid though

I think you could rule out Rangers and Hearts though :greengrin

bigwheel
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Severin to killie on loan, and Hibs in negotiation for Gow...BBC

The_Todd
Spencey says Hibs are in talks with Alan Gow!

It's worth signing him just to GIRU the Yams. Also decent enough as a backup to our first choice front line. Win-win.

Hainan Hibs
Scott Severin has signed for Kilmarnock ... and also hearts are close to Securing Ryan Stevenson From Ayr United

Not too bad a signing for Tangoman.

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
If we lose out on either of them due to Petrie's tight-fistedness it will be an outrage :grr:

(Can't say I'm that familiar with either of them. Does Clutching play a sort of holding role?)

Does Clutching play a holding role? Not sure but certainly firm up front. (http://www.jemcorp.com/celebs/images/me998-martine_mccutcheon_002.jpg)

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
TBF think it is or was pretty common in ireland to have an english team plus rangers or celtic.

I actually met him in Ayia Napa a few years ago, was a good bloke, made the time to speak to everyone in the pub, he then got up and sang fields of athenry, with him being Irish i don't think that really tells us anything about who he supported as a kid though

Basically, the extent to which people largely 'support' Celtic in Ireland means watching them play Rangers on telly in a bar * and hoping that Celtic win. It's all fodder for the dafties though, who need to believe that everyone is as slavering and brainlessly myopic as them. The most easily manipulated jackasses in the world, and that includes the Yams.

*If it doesn't clash with an EPL game.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
It's worth signing him just to GIRU the Yams. Also decent enough as a backup to our first choice front line. Win-win.

And no doubt some furious backtracking on fourteenpointsback after it looked like they were getting him :faf:

matty_f
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
And no doubt some furious backtracking on fourteenpointsback after it looked like they were getting him :faf:

Do you mind this time last year (IIRC) when we signed Deek late on, and the Yams tried to hijack that one too.

They're fannies.:agree:

Lmc2105
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
if we get gow that would be fantastic!
beating the yams to be would be fantastic!

but yeah agreed severin cracking signing for killie (hate the guy with a passion:greengrin)

graemegyle
01-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Meeting Hibs now so say radio Scotland.

bigwheel
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM

but yeah agreed severin cracking signing for killie (hate the guy with a passion:greengrin)

Always is :agree: But let's just wait and see, I'm sure he'll be on their list too...

Part/Time Supporter

Makes up a bit for Jumbo not being there.

ZippytheHibee
Dont rate him at all.

Poor signing if we get him and would unsettle the team. We have enough forwards.

The_Todd
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Do you mind this time last year (IIRC) when we signed Deek late on, and the Yams tried to hijack that one too.

They're fannies.:agree:

I do remember the blistering speed at which Deek went from being a really good signing for them to someone they wouldn't even take if Sellick paid them.

Same with Stokes. And just about everyone else we've signed in the last 18 months.

Steve20
He is a good player. Hope the deal goes through. If Hearts are in for him, he will go there as money talks.

bingo70

Think he can play either attacking midfield, up front or out on the left so could take over from Nish, who'd still be a decent squad player, or alternate with riordan.

I don't think we'll sign him with the intention of having him as back up though.

RickyS
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM

nowt on bbc sport on telly?

Potty78
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Dont rate him at all.

Poor signing if we get him and would unsettle the team. We have enough forwards.
Disagree mate i think he would be a good signing if Hearts dont hijack the deal,

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Has Bob been mentioned yet?

matty_f

:pray:

Lmc2105
Always is :agree: But let's just wait and see, I'm sure he'll be on their list too...

According to that drivel they call Ewan cammeron hearts are close to getting him
is it just methat hates this guy

He is creaming in his pants about Keane!

Part/Time Supporter

News just in, overwhelmed by the Celtic stuff.

jakedance
I'm sure Gow would be a good signing but do we really need him unless someone else is moved on? Fits the bill for a Yogi signing though, a guy who didn't make the grade with everything to prove. From what I remember he could fit in nicely to the role Nish and Benji have played this year linking midfield with attack.

Put me down as not really bothered whether he signs or not. Does anyone have a strong opinion about this that I could pass of as my own?

Wotherspiniesta
Dont rate him at all.

Always wanted to say this, but this one's a certain jambo. so LTYF :agree:

Judas Iscariot
Dont rate him at all.

Sniff sniff

bigwheel
01-02-2010, 05:49 PM

The Builder??? :wink:

Hibbyradge
A goal scoring midfield player/striker. 33 goals in 84 games for Airdrie, 18 goals in 70 games for Falkirk, 5 goals in 14 games for Blackpool.

We can always do with another one of them.

Particularly if Yogi gets his gold dust out again.

I still think Hearts will sign him though.

matty_f
According to that drivel they call Ewan cammeron hearts are close to getting him
is it just methat hates this guy

He is creaming in his pants about Keane!

Hate to say it, but if it's between the Yams and us, they'll probably offer more than we will.

Hopefully Gow's got a bit of sense about him and sees past the money, though.

CMac1988
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM

BBC Radio Scotland - Sportsound 810 MW :wink:

The_Todd
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Think he can play either attacking midfield, up front or out on the left so could take over from Nish, who'd still be a decent squad player, or alternate with riordan.

I don't think we'll sign him with the intention of having him as back up though.

We shouldn't sign anyone with the intention of having them as backup per se, but the pleasing thing is now we've already got a good team assembled - and now we're on the verge of having a good squad assembled. This is the strongest squad I can remember for sometime leaving us less exposed to injury/suspension.

But yes, Gow is good enough to compete to be a first XI player.

matty_f
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I think it's funny seeing everyone hedging their bets on Gow - nobody's wanting to say he'd be a great signing in case the Yams get him, and nobody's wanting to write him off in case he ends up here! :faf:

Dr Jimmy
The Builder??? :wink:

What a midfield that would be...

Bob....Scoop......Muck.....Dizzy

and if we are lucky we may get Rolly too, but lofty and Wendy can join the crew....later.

Sorry, just getting a bit bored of the whole window...:yawn:

HIBERNIAN-0762

All they and STV talk about is the in firm so nowt new there

bingo70
01-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Dont rate him at all.

When was the last time you saw him play to not rate him?

Was always a good player when at Falkirk and according to that hun that posts on here he was good on the odd occasion he played at rangers, also remember him scoring a raker of a goal down south, think it was for Blackpool.

IMO he's a better player than Nish so would improve the squad and would no doubt replace Benji who i'd imagine will be away in the summer.

It's also worth remembering how well him and Stokes linked up at Falkirk.

Westie1875
01-02-2010, 05:53 PM

:greengrin Excellent, lets hope he signs.

ZippytheHibee
01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Always wanted to say this, but this one's a certain jambo. so LTYF :agree:

Couldnt be more wrong, I dont like him as a player and feel we could do with a right back IMO.

Clearly that makes me a Jumbo...:confused:

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM
according to that hun that posts on here he was good on the odd occasion he played at rangers

The very odd occasion - he only started one game for them IIRC

jakedance
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
It's also worth remembering how well him and Stokes linked up at Falkirk.

Good point.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Couldnt be more wrong, I dont like him as a player and feel we could do with a right back IMO.

Clearly that makes me a Junbo...:confused:

I dont think you are a junbo, I have no idea what that is.

CMac1988
01-02-2010, 05:58 PM
BBC Radio Scotland - Sportsound 810 MW :wink:

My bad, read that wrong... :rolleyes:

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I dont think you are a junbo, I have no idea what that is.

Hun-Jambo Hybrid?

ahibby
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Clearly that makes me a Junbo...:confused:

It's times like this when you might want to adopt the motto 'If you can't say something positive then don't say anything'. I'm not saying anything about this one:wink:

bingo70
01-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Thats what i thought, but when he said the fans liked him i took his word for it, shows what huns know about football :faf:

Did he make any appearances from the bench :dunno:

Wikipedia says he never played any games for them.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
am i the only one who thinks Gow is mince?

I'm_cabbaged
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM

Pretty sure he had a brilliant pre season in America, huns that I know couldn't believe it when he wasn't getting a game. As someone said there seems to be a few hedging their bets with this one, I would be absolutely gutted if he signed for the yams. :agree:

BEEJ
01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Turning momentarily to the 'exit door', anyone suspect that we might have released a couple of players before the end of the night? :dunno:

HibbyAndy

Lets see who he signs for before we reply :greengrin

SloopJB

Have we all got to answer that?

Cow is mince, eventually

blackpoolhibs
Hun-Jambo Hybrid?

:faf::faf::top marks

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
is the window stuff on the radio ?

bingo70
01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Pretty sure he had a brilliant pre season in America, huns that I know couldn't believe it when he wasn't getting a game. As someone said there seems to be a few hedging their bets with this one, I would be absolutely gutted if he signed for the yams. :agree:

Gutted is a bit strong, i'd like him to sign for us but if he doesn't and he joins them i'll probably just backtrack, edit my posts and call him pish :agree:

SloopJB
01-02-2010, 06:04 PM
is the window stuff on the radio ?

naw, it's in the cupboard under the sink

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 06:04 PM

He was very good with Falkirk, and as someone else has already pointed out had a good understanding with Stokes.

That said, he's not played a lot of first team football recently, so it would be hard to say if he'd be a good signing or not for us.

He'd be a great signing for Hertz, purely because he'd actually be a signing :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
:greengrin Excellent, lets hope he signs.

If he doesn't, Rod should lock him in the cupboard so he can't sign for them.

ancienthibby
01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Beeb Radio (7.05) just said we are close to a deal for Gow:greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Kin we stop bigging up Gow until we see who he signs for :greengrin

Quite a few folk with there fingers on the edit button if he signs for the minks :hilarious

blackpoolhibs

I saw him play a few times for Blackpool a couple of seasons ago, and in that standard he was far from mince. He had played that well for them, Wolves wanted to buy him, but he failed a medical. I have no idea what he's like now, but if we could get that Gow, the one who played for Blackpool, he'd be a good asset at easter road.

the_ginger_hibee
Gutted is a bit strong, i'd like him to sign for us but if he doesn't and he joins them i'll probably just backtrack, edit my posts and call him pish :agree:

I've always believed Gow to be _____, infact i'd suggest he's similar to Nade/Gerrard, and cant believe kickback/hibs.net are happy/unhappy about this one. First thing tomorrow I'm defo getting his name on my strip/pishing on a picture of the wee scrote.

(Will finish post later)

Billy McKirdy
David Staiano

A young Italian striker????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A62686650 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A62686650)

anyone???

jakedance
01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
naw, it's in the cupboard under the sink

I had a genuine LOL moment there. Rare indeed for a miserable ******* like me.

essexhibee
Beeb Radio (7.05) just said we are close to a deal for Gow:greengrin

Says on wikipedia that he has signed on a 6month loan deal with the yams!

Hainan Hibs
I think Gow would be a (edit after Gow's decision) signing. He's a (edit after Gow's decision) player who would be a (edit after Gow's decision) addition to the squad.

Aldo
01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Gow is a very intelligent footie player.

WHo would you rather see us signing given the choice

Stevenson

or

Gow.

money on Gow every time.

Not many teams outwith the OF will sign players of his quality (GOW)

Lets wait and see

Mibbes Aye
Turning momentarily to the 'exit door', anyone suspect that we might have released a couple of players before the end of the night? :dunno:

Good call, maybe only a couple of potential candidates but it would seem to be a pertinent tactic now, in order to free up space in the wage budget (which won't necessarily be used up before midnight).

Westie1875
If he doesn't, Rod should lock him in the cupboard so he can't sign for them.

:faf::devil:

Hainan Hibs
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Wikipedia had changed about 20 times for Robbie Keane with one jokester saying he had signed for Tottenham:greengrin, best not to believe Wiki just now:greengrin

MountcastleHibs
He is a good player. Hope the deal goes through. If Hearts are in for him, he will go there as money talks.

Stokesy had an offer from Hearts with better terms than we offered and he chose us... the Yogi factor imo.

Hopefully it will be the same with Gow :thumbsup: We can't keep playing Nish in behind the striker, Gow would be perfect in there :agree:

matty_f

Well, you can pretty much take it as fact then. No way would Wiki have pish written in it about who a footballer is about to sign for.:greengrin

bigwheel
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Stokesy had an offer from Hearts with better terms than we offered and he chose us... the Yogi factor imo.

Hopefully it will be the same with Gow :thumbsup: We can't keep playing Nish in behind the striker, Gow would be perfect in there :agree:

I don't think Stokes ever had an offer from Hearts, I think Shabba wanted him, but the mad one wouldn't entertain it....

Barney McGrew
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Wikipedia had changed about 20 times for Robbie Keane with one jokester saying he had signed for Tottenham:greengrin, best not to believe Wiki just now:greengrin

According to there, he'd also signed for Meadowbank Thistle at one point earlier :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think Stokes ever had an offer from Hearts, I think Shabba wanted him, but the mad one wouldn't entertain it....

Believe me, Stokes had an offer from Hearts. I can tell you the figures if you want.

heidtheba
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I've always believed Gow to be _____, infact i'd suggest he's similar to Nade/Gerrard, and cant believe kickback/hibs.net are happy/unhappy about this one. First thing tomorrow I'm defo getting his name on my strip/pishing on a picture of the wee scrote.

(Will finish post later)

Ah thanks for that one! Its posts like these that make me come back on here when I've got loadsa work to be doing.

Classic!

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Believe me, Stokes had an offer from Hearts. I can tell you the figures if you want.

A Lithuanian goat and three of your finest Lith virgins? :confused:

Hibbyradge
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Gow's not coming to Hibs or Hearts according to Wiki!

Billychaotic182
I have on radio scotland and there talkin about jelly no football WTF?!?!

Lmc2105

(Will finish post later)

:faf::faf::faf:

I didn't know you had a sense of humor Mr Jp!:wink: