PDA

View Full Version : POTY so far

EasterRoad4Ever
31-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok, what a great week and good time to pick out the star of the season so far.

Dunbar Hibee
31-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Liam Miller for me. Murray and McBride come close as well though:agree:

murray26
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Liam Miller for me. Murray and McBride come close as well though:agree:

Snap, and Miller seems to be getting better as the season goes on, great bit of business by Yogi.

TheMentalHibees
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM
McBride for me. Our performances have improved in the last couple of weeks, and it's no coincidence that McBride has recently returned from injury.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Miller and McBride are the two obvious candidates, you could even chuck in Bamba for being solid as a rock and Ian Murray for being Mr Dependable. I'm sure there would even be a shout for David Wotherspoon for the way he's broke into the team and flourished despite being so inexperienced, playing out of position and still remaining completely at ease with a football.

For me though, it's Stokesy. He drifts in and out of games, there's obvious weaknesses to his game but in living memory, I cannot recall going into every Hibs game convinced that one man is going to score - I am with him. Not even Deek, Zitelli, Gary O'Connor or any other striker before them.

Anthony Stokes is goals, goals and more goals.

IndieHibby
31-01-2010, 06:51 PM
McBride for me. Miller is obviously outstanding, but is limited in what he can do without McBride.

Hopefully Miller will prove me wrong :greengrin

thebakerboy
31-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Went for McBride because we always seem to play better (yesterday excepted) when he is in the team , and in particular Miller seems to get more room when McBride playing.:notworthy:

Baw187
31-01-2010, 07:37 PM
McBride for me. Miller is obviously outstanding, but is limited in what he can do without McBride.

Hopefully Miller will prove me wrong :greengrin

Kind of agree. On a similar poll a few months back I voted Miller, but now I belive it's McBride given the impact he's had since coming back from injury.

A positive impact on Miller and the team as a whole.

God Petrie
31-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Miller or Stokes.

sixtwo
31-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Bamba for me. The big guy has been immense. He doesn't get the plaudits like the goalscorers or the classy liam miller, but, I think Sol has been fantastic.

James.
31-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Kevin McBride, it was no coincidence our sticky patch coincided with his absence from the team. We've lacked a real leader in the middle of the park for some time and that's what Kevin McBride is. He also gives Miller the freedom to get forward and make things happen. So it's McBride for me (with Stokes not far behind)

Interesting to see that the three players getting the most votes are all Hughes signings and I'm sure Smith would be there if he'd been with us for a bit longer.

OtterHibee
31-01-2010, 07:49 PM
McBride, with Miller a close second.

matty_f
31-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I went for Miller, although McBride has been outstanding, he's missed a large chunk of the season through injury.

Miller has been terrific throughout.

I have to say that I also considered Murray, Stokes, Bamba and Wotherspoon - shows how far we've come from last season, IMHO.

Part/Time Supporter
31-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Kevin McBride: proving that Falkirk fans know **** all about football. (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/122989-bairnstrust-compare-and-contrast/)

frazeHFC
31-01-2010, 08:07 PM
We went 5 games scoring 7 goals, all scored by Stokes so has to be him :agree:

Elephant Stone
31-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Voted Miller but can't really decide between him and Bamba.

down-the-slope
31-01-2010, 08:12 PM
McBride by some way..

sadtom
31-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Its great to have so many worthy candidates.
Miller is really coming on to a game again after a short lull.
After a slow start Stokes goals have been invaluable to the team.
Murray has been his usual determined and reliable self.
Spoony has shown loads of potential and must be in with a great shout for spl young player.
Stack & especially Smith have done well but have perhaps not been inolved enough to merit it yet.
Deek, Zizou, Nish, Rankin and Hogg have all done well (some moreso than others) in patches but haven't been consistant enough.
Bamba has been immence, cant believe he has so few votes. Strong as an ox and far more composed on the ball than before and showed more than a little skill on quite a few occasions. He would be my second choice.
For me McBride from day one has been excellent. We really missed him when he was out and its no surprise that Millers form shaded when he was. Always available. neat and tidy, forever 'putting out fires' good passer and excellent positional sense.
He gets my vote.

lyonhibs
31-01-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm surprised (although, I guess, not VERY surprised) that Ian Murray has so few votes. He certainly gets my vote, because there is no other player that is so adaptable and always, always gives 110%, mixed in with no little quality at times as well.

Miller and McBride are a great tandem act in centre midfield, and we shoud be grateful to have them working with each other and pulling the strings, but I don't think one would be as good without the other, indeed, if anything Miller is more reliant on McBride than vice-versa.

It's no surprise our run of - relatively - poor form co-incided with McBride's ankle injury.

For me, it's Ian Murray - class, commitment and would run through a brick wall for Hibs :notworthy:

PeterboroHibee
31-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I honestly cant decide between Stokes, Miller and McBride, its great to have that half way through a season though!

essexhibee
31-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I honestly cant decide between Stokes, Miller and McBride, its great to have that half way through a season though!

exactly the same as me pal! Yogi has made some fine, fine signings. Miller on a free was a geneous bit of recruiting.

IN YOGI WE TRUST. :thumbsup:

algraydog
31-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Miller for me. Just pips mcbride, Murray
smith, stokes, wotherspoon and bamba.
Fantastic to have so many to choose from

marinello59
31-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Miller
If it was the SPL POTY so far my answer would be the same.

erskine-hibby
31-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Murray for me.
Mr consistant, no frills, does exactly what it says on the label:agree:

None, and i mean none, of the rest have come close to IM's consistancy.:agree:

PatHead
31-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Murray for me.

Agree entirely. Can hardly think of a bad game Murray has had whereas other candidates. except McBride, have all had bad matches at one time or other.

Hainan Hibs
31-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Miller for me. He is head and shoulders above most players in this league and it wouldn't be an over exaggeration to say he is the best player in the SPL.

McBride comes a close second as without him Miller wouldn't be able to get forward like he does.

MyJo
31-01-2010, 10:40 PM
McBride, Lynchpin of this team without a doubt :agree:

Not only has he been outstanding in his own right but his presence in the team elevates those around him, Miller, Hogg and Bamba all play much better with McBride on the pitch.

I realise he has been injured and missed a few games but the performances and results in those games surely just serve to further highlight how vital Kevin has been to our season.

Hibee_Rab
31-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Ian Murray, like has been said I can't recall a signal bad game from him, he has been consistently brilliant:thumbsup: Surprised to see no zouma option tho, he's been injured a fair bit but he surely in with a shout if bamba and mcbride are in there who have also missed games.

noseyhibby
31-01-2010, 11:25 PM
It's Murray for me. He has played to a high level for nearly the whole campaign so far, a bit like David Murphy when he was here. Granted, Miller is having a major influence on things and a great first season, but, for me, Murray edges it for sheer consistency.

Hibercelona
31-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Murray or Bamba.

We wouldn't be where we are without these 2 hard men in our team. :agree:

davym7062
31-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Murray for me.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::top marks

martin63
01-02-2010, 05:07 AM
:singing: One Ian Murray, there's only one Ian Murray, one Ian Murray :singing:

Guess who got my vote :greengrin

Steve20
01-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Stokes, McBride and Miller have been superb, but it has to be Ian Murray.

M8UDB
01-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Miller without a doubt for me, there have been a good few players doing well so far though, long may it continue!!

Hibbyradge
01-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Murray or Bamba.

We wouldn't be where we are without these 2 hard men in our team. :agree:

Bamba? Player of the month of January?

He played one game and scored an O.G. :hilarious

I think a wee Hibee has mis-read the poll. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 08:35 AM

Wrong thread, HR :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
01-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Murray has been outstanding in every position and Stokes's goals have made the difference in too many games to not get a mention. But it is Liam Miller for me, as the man just oozes class and is the heartbeat of the team.

KingFranck
01-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Went for Wotherspoon as he has come straight from U19s to a starting position every week well done lad.
Murray close second for me

MyJo
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM

you can say that again :agree::wink:

matty_f
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM

FAIL!!:greengrin

Long suffering
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
wee bit suprised at stokes not being a bit closer to winning it. For me its him or miller but I just feel that his goal scoring record is so exeptional that he has to get the nod. I mean he's on course to finish with about 22 SPL goals, some record when your not at the O.F tbh. Mention for murray as well, the epitomy of consistency always very good/excellent in every game. McBride too deserves credit for his neat and tidy play and defensive cover.

Ritchie
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
stokes for me.:agree: