View Full Version : Question Hibs goal that sticks in your memory

31-01-2010, 02:38 PM
We probably all recall frequently a goal scored by a Hibs player. The kind that sticks in your mind and will never leave you until that sad day comes. :boo hoo: It doesn't neccessarily have to be your favourite or one that won the match for the :notworthy:.

Although I've seen Hibs winning cups etc my personal choice has to be Bobby Duncan's screamer against Napoli in the old Fairs Cup in the late 60's. Standing on the old east terracing as a wee boy - what an occasion considering the legendary Dino Zoff was in goal for Napoil that night. He only had to pick the ball out the net a further 4 times. :thumbsup:

31-01-2010, 02:39 PM
We probably all recall frequently a goal scored by a Hibs player. The kind that sticks in your mind and will never leave you until that sad day comes. :boo hoo: It doesn't neccessarily have to be your favourite or one that won the match for the :notworthy:.

Although I've seen Hibs winning cups etc my personal choice has to be Bobby Duncan's screamer against Napoli in the old Fairs Cup in the late 60's. Standing on the old east terracing as a wee boy - what an occasion considering the legendary Dino Zoff was in goal for Napoil that night. He only had to pick the ball out the net a further 4 times. :thumbsup:

Zitelli's over-head kick at Dens few years ago.. A peach of a strike...

AugustaHibs
31-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Stewart volley at edge of box vs Aberdeen. :jamboak:

31-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Booby Smith from a million yards against the Huns at ER.

scotcha
31-01-2010, 02:47 PM
mikey o'neils left footed volley from a kevin harper cross against motherwell at easter road.

I also remember bandy legs making 3 world class saves in the second half to give us the points.

Ahh good memories

Baw187
31-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Harper's volley against Hertz at ER, New Year 96 (I think).

31-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Chic charnley v Celtic

New Corrie
31-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Seen some great goals and hugely important ones, but my fave, and the one that always springs to mind is Sauzee's Millenium Derby effort, gloves n all!

AugustaHibs
Chic charnley v Celtic

Larsson's Debut? And he gave the ball to Chic, That one

Andy Watson 1-1 at Parkhead. My mate had just said "it looks like Watson is wearing concrete boots" when he scores.

31-01-2010, 02:52 PM
There are lots of goals over the years, and if you asked me the same question tomorrow, my answer probably would be different. Zitelli against the huns at easter road. 1-0 The east went absolutely mad that day, i ended up 30-40 yards from were i was standing. :thumbsup:

MikeyStewartsMa
31-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Latapy 6 2 game pure class.

steve75
31-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Zemmama's piss take off hearts and Benji's against Bolton with his left, pre season game a couple of years ago.

Mikey_1875
31-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Jones header cis. remember it at almost every corner we get.

31-01-2010, 02:57 PM

When I read the thread title, before reading your post, it was Bobby Duncan's goal that sprang into my mind, too.

31-01-2010, 02:58 PM
joe mcbrides curling free kick at tynecastle in what i think was the 2-2 draw in 86 ???

DirtyDeeds
31-01-2010, 02:59 PM
mikey o'neils left footed volley from a kevin harper cross against motherwell at easter road.

I also remember bandy legs making 3 world class saves in the second half to give us the points.

Ahh good memories

My choice too, didnt even break his stride when he leathered it. What a player he'd be in this team.

A close second would be Shiels' winner at Tynecastle. Just for what it meant, where it happened, and the bloody noise when we scored!!

31-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Derek riordans in the 2-2 game v jambos April 2005 at Easter road. He is almost on the left wing and hits in back across the goal with left foot and into top corner at FF stand.

Everytime deeks takes the ball onto his left it seems like he is trying to score that goal again:greengrin

31-01-2010, 03:03 PM
For me - Gordon Hunter and NOT the one at Pinksville...

Back in 1989, I think we hadn't scored more than 1 goal in a game all season. St Mirren were 3 -1 up at Easter RD, after we'd taken the lead through Paul Wright.

There must have been about 30 mins left when we got a corner at the old cow shed end. Ball was crossed in and Hunter hit on full on the volley from the edge of the box to get a goal back, we went on to win with a very late Gareth Evans goal IIRC.

BH.

31-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Deeko against hearts

a sweet curling shot into the top corner, right on front of the hearts fans, keeper had no chance :agree:

this one YouTube - Riordan Screamer v Hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kCi33Vdb-g) iv must have watched this a 100 times

31-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Gordon Hunter winner to end 21 draws and a win in a row

Orman v the Currants at Ibrox

Sproule v Celtc in 1-3 game

Latapys' double v Hamilton to get us promoted

Sauzee Millenium Derby

Lavety v Hertz which pretty much ruined their 'title' bid and could have helped keep us up

John O'Neill equaliser in the 90th minute at Tynecastle

Shiels winner at Tynecastle

Keith Wright hat trick v Dundee Utd, think we won 5-1

A Justin Skinner piledriver v someone in the 1st division(possibly Raith Rovers)

Paco Luna 2nd v AEK Athens, Easter Road erupted when that went in

Darren Jackson v Dundee Utd league cup semi final at Tynescastle

Benji to put us 2-0 up in CIS cup final

Plenty more but think i'm going overboard.

31-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Mine too :thumbsup:

31-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Stokes at Ibrox.

31-01-2010, 03:11 PM
The squiggler :wink:

Thankfully Rankin seems to have stopped trying to do it again.

HibbyKeith
31-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Derek Collins!

cant remember who it was against, but the pass from latapy was unreal, chip pass with side and back spin collins then lobbed the keeper.

anyone remember it?

31-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Pat Stanton's opener against Aberdeen in Joe Baker's come back game always brings back happy memories.

Terific as it was, I have seen so wonderful many goals and far more important ones but, it had been such a depressing time over the previous year with Marinello & Cormack being sold, Willie Mac had just been sacked and we were having such a poor league campaign, the signing of legend Joe Baker brought hope and Aberdeen were top, with Bobby Clark not having conceded for about ten games.

31-01-2010, 03:13 PM
joe mcbrides curling free kick at tynecastle in what i think was the 2-2 draw in 86 ???

I went home in the huff with about 20 minutes to go in that game, no way were we ever going to score.

Gordon Rae from about 30 yards at Tannadice in a cup tie. The crowd sang 'what a goal' over and over until the end of the game.

31-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Jones' header at the CIS Cup final. I was right in line with it, an absolute bullet of a header.

Also O'Connors goal to make it 2-0 in the "unbeatable" derby. I'd just finished the celebrations for the first goal just to see O'Connor slam it past Gordon. The sound from ER was something else, never heard anything like it!

31-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Le God, final match of the Div 1 season, screamer from the edge of the box v Falkirk - probably our the last goal of that season, the net stopped the ball taking out the fans at the back it was hit that hard.

31-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Pat Stanton's opener against Aberdeen in Joe Baker's come back game always brings back happy memories.

Terific as it was, I have seen so wonderful many goals and far more important ones but, it had been such a depressing time over the previous year with Marinello & Cormack being sold, Willie Mac had just been sacked and we were having such a poor league campaign, the signing of legend Joe Baker brought hope and Aberdeen were top, with Bobby Clark not having conceded for about ten games.
As I recall the Baker Boy 'scored' before Pat but it was offside. Joe netted Hibs second. That was a great game.

31-01-2010, 03:27 PM
GOC last minute against the Yams at ER.

The game that Grant Brebner got sent off in about 20 odd minutes in.

I think it was about 2001 - 2002.

East stand was pretty empty by that point but the bedlam that followed will always stay with me.

:bye::jamboak:

31-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Sauzee Millenium Derby

Lavety v Hertz which pretty much ruined their 'title' bid and could have helped keep us up

A Justin Skinner piledriver v someone in the 1st division(possibly Raith Rovers)

Yup :agree: LOVED IT!!

31-01-2010, 03:33 PM
They all stick in my mind. :agree:

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Ahh good memories

The first goal which came to my mind too. If I remember correctly, it was a pass straight from the penalty box to Harper on the right wing about the half way line who then crossed it first time to O'Neil who volleyed it in from about 25 to 30 yards. This was one of the few occasions I watched a game from the front of the old Centre Stand so I got a birds eye view of this classic. from first pass to the net must have been no more than 5 seconds. I'll never forget it....:greengrin:greengrin A peach!:wink:

31-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Soon as I saw title of thread that goal jumped straight in my mind, was it really 40yards out or has the distance grown over the years:greengrin

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Derek Collins!

cant remember who it was against, but the pass from latapy was unreal, chip pass with side and back spin collins then lobbed the keeper.

anyone remember it?

Ive got this one on dvd. I remember it, It was against St Mirren :thumbsup:

I'll have a look for it & see if I can post it online.

31-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Stokes 2nd up at Pittodrie earlier this season. Wasn't even that special but it still sticks in my head.

31-01-2010, 03:48 PM
John Brownlie V Huns LC semi at Hampden 1972

spudhib
31-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Ive got this one on dvd. I remember it, It was against St Mirren :thumbsup:

I'll have a look for it & see if I can post it online.

Sure it was against Dunfermline in the SC bout 10 years ago,only from memory though,won 4-1 iirc.

spudhib
31-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Agathes slalom v Dundee in the 5-1 at ER.:thumbsup:

31-01-2010, 03:56 PM
McManus stunning volley the Huns
YouTube - Tam McManus Scores Against Rangers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU)

Deano winner at Swiney
YouTube - Hibs Winner At Tyney 2005 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aFmJPsP3I)

31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Basher winner at Cappielow, with last kick of the ball, first game of Division One season.

mike1875
31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Stephan Glass volley
vs aberdeen at easter road
won 2-1
season we finished third

andyhibs
31-01-2010, 04:00 PM
there have been many:wink:, but deeks pen in the pbs, in the game the jumbos were going to get revenge for the 7-0 6-2, players out , players suspended, players out of position and the hibs end barely half full( but the best and loudest support , sang from the 1st min- the last min) will always stay with me

scotcha
31-01-2010, 04:01 PM
to be fair wrighty's goal agains dunfermline in the skol cup final also sticks in my mind.

I remember the pass for wier sooo well and the finish.... i think i forget how good a finisher Kieth Wright was... amazing.

aljo7-0
31-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Keith Wright's headed goal against the Huns at Hampden in the semi. I recall that the video (yup video not dvd) created after we won the cup, the storyline of a wee boy dreaming that goal and it was like a dream for me at the time as our bus through was held up on the way and I was still walking down the terrace to get to a standing spot when the ball hit the net. Best welcome to a game I've ever had!

31-01-2010, 04:05 PM
when I started reading this thread the first thing I thought of was Keith Keith Keith,s semi final header against the buns,whit a night it was at Hampden.
Also Latapy scoring the volley in the 6-2 game was the icing on the cake.
Any Benny Brazil goal:greengrin

31-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Chinny Baxter from 30 yds against Aberdeen in 1963 and Bobby Duncan from 35yds against Napoli. Pat Quinns 3rd at Tynie in 1967

31-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Gringer Baws Volly against Aberdeen
Rankins Against Celtic
Browns Header Against Celtic in his last game for us.
Nish against Dundee Utd
Zoumas screamer against St Mirren
Riordans aginst Hearts the only already posted

But my Fave goal that still gives me chills is

YouTube - Orman V Huns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgeZlx1VO8&feature=related)

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Sure it was against Dunfermline in the SC bout 10 years ago,only from memory though,won 4-1 iirc.

Your right :thumbsup: Im sure it was in the 1999-00 season, Our first season back in the premier league (still got the t-shirt :greengrin). Ive just been looking through my archives. Ive got all the goals on dvd up to the Millenium derby, I do have the rest of that season on dvd somewhere but im fcecked if I know where it is ?????????? the search goes on however.
I remember the goal pretty clearly, A clever bit of play between Collins & Latapy before Collins chips the keeper from outside the box I think. when I find the disc I'll post the goal up on my youtube page & give a link here. :thumbsup:

ACLeith
31-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Whoever scored the winner in the 2010 cup final :lips seal

Though I'll never forget Bobby Kinloch's winning penalty against Barca at the "riot" game in 1961.

31-01-2010, 05:53 PM
michael o'neils volley from just outside the box against motherwell.

i was sitting in the cowshed and just remember him catching it sweetly.

dont know why that one sticks in my mind though.

31-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Brebner's hat trick against Dundee Utd in the cup :greengrin

31-01-2010, 06:06 PM
1. King Franck v the **** at Tynecastle.

2. Keith Wright v the Huns @ Hampden.

3. Liam Miller v St Mirren. :cool2:

ChicoM1875
31-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Goram vs Morton!

Other than that, the one Alan O'Brien provided the assist for.
Brian Kerr's first minute with Hibs was impressive.

31-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Fat Ally McLeod v Dundee. (early-mid 80s?) Had to retake a free kick after bending first round the wall to bottom right. Stepped up and put it round the wall in the other corner.

Shame he couldn't run the length of himself.........

weedgiehibbie
31-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I seem to recall a Greame Mitchell header at the front post at the cowshed which won us the game against Motherwell 3-2 round about 93ish :confused: - i think probably as it was the 1st time i truely went nuts celebrating a hibs goal and got me hooked :thumbsup:

wick hibby
31-01-2010, 06:14 PM
There are lots of goals over the years, and if you asked me the same question tomorrow, my answer probably would be different. Zitelli against the huns at easter road. 1-0 The east went absolutely mad that day, i ended up 30-40 yards from were i was standing. :thumbsup:

Yes 100%:thumbsup:

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I've just uploaded this.

YouTube - Latapy scores a peach against Dundee United 1999-00 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBE8vR7_tw)

Hibs are drawing 2-2 with Dundee United when Derek Collins clears off the line, Hibs then go upfield & wee Russell scores a total peach.
Ollie The Goalie then concedes a penalty in injury time only for Billy Dodds to shoot over the bar GIRFUY Dodds!! :greengrin

31-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I've just uploaded this.

YouTube - Latapy scores a peach against Dundee United 1999-00 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBE8vR7_tw)

Hibs are drawing 2-2 with Dundee United when Derek Collins clears off the line, Hibs then go upfield & wee Russell scores a total peach.
Ollie The Goalie then concedes a penalty in injury time only for Billy Dodds to shoot over the bar GIRFUY Dodds!! :greengrin

my son and i were there, midweek game iirc, :thumbsup:

31-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Not so far mentioned:

Peter Cormack v Real Madrid
Willie Hamilton v Celtc ER 1-1
Willie Hamilton v Hertz PBS 1-0
Joe McBride snr v Celtc ER 2-0

Simkin911
31-01-2010, 06:32 PM
3 in particular......

Stuart Beedie versus Hamilton in a cup game away in the mid 80s.... it seemed to be from about 40 yards out and he caught it on the volley. Anyone else remember it?

Archibald v Hearts at Tynie when we won 2-1

Keith Houchen on his debut v Hearts at Tynie.

31-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I've just uploaded this.

YouTube - Latapy scores a peach against Dundee United 1999-00 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBE8vR7_tw)[/URL]

Think I just pissed myself watching Dodds send that baw intae outer space:faf:

31-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Alan Gordon, against Aberdeen in December 1972, a headed goal from a peach of a cut-back from Arthur Duncan. Hibs' third in a 3-2 win.

CapitalHibs
31-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Not so far mentioned:

I'd go with that one:thumbsup: Scored direct from behind the bye line (allegedly:greengrin)

31-01-2010, 06:44 PM
3 in particular......

Stuart Beedie versus Hamilton in a cup game away in the mid 80s.... it seemed to be from about 40 yards out and he caught it on the volley. Anyone else remember it?

Archibald v Hearts at Tynie when we won 2-1

Keith Houchen on his debut v Hearts at Tynie.

Henry, Henry whats the score?

YouTube - Archie For Hibs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE)

31-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Not so far mentioned:

The Joe McBride one came in to my head as well, the cracker was his second of the game, sadly, I can't remember the other goal :), this was hibs first game after Tom Hart took over.

Got to mention Hibs winning goal scored by Athur Duncan against Hearts in the 71 Scottish.

NoTottiNoParty
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Riordan at Pittodrie- Mowbrays first season to beat our closest rivals that year.
Caldwell long pass, 30 yards out. two touches- bang! 1-0. three points! sums up Riordan for me!

31-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Zitelli's over-head kick at Dens few years ago.. A peach of a strike...

Thought I'd better check the thread to see if it had been mentioned

Post #2 :thumbsup:

I can still picture it now

YouTube - David Zitelli over head kick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_yGw6g0Y-s)

tooley
31-01-2010, 06:51 PM

Sauzee Millenium Derby

:thumbsup:EVERYTIME!!!:thumbsup:

sunshine1875
31-01-2010, 06:52 PM

East stand was pretty empty by that point but the bedlam that followed will always stay with me.

"ten men and you still got ****ed":clapper::clapper:

Penrith Hibee
31-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Jimmy O's v the Tic LC final. King Pat's wisnae bad either....

Mickey Edwards winner v the Pars on his debut, 3-2 win.

Walter
31-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Barry Prenderville long ranger against morton!!!!!

31-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Henry, Henry whats the score?

YouTube - Archie For Hibs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE)

:top marks Lives long in the memory. Any one who was behind the goals that night will recall the backs-to-the-wall performance of the 10 man Hibs team. Archie breakaway winner sent the whole Hibs end bonkers. Great player, great strike, good night.

31-01-2010, 07:04 PM
pat stantons equaiser at tynie........dont know why....just remember it well.....tynie is probably my fav away ground because of "that" goal

Owain_1987
31-01-2010, 07:05 PM
John Rankin V Celtic :greengrin

31-01-2010, 07:05 PM

:agree: What a goal :greengrin

Wasn't at the game - but I remember the celebrations outside the North British and being on my dad's shoulders :scarf:

YouTube - Hibs v celtic league cup final 1972 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaY75jHC-4)

31-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Gary oconner last minute winner vs the yams.
It was my first game in my season ticket seat.

31-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Thats mine too:thumbsup: Bedlam is the word for when that goal went in. My daughters first and as yet only trip to ER as a 7year old on my shoulders in the East. Great memories.

31-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Thats mine too:thumbsup: Bedlam is the word for when that goal went in. My daughters first and as yet only trip to ER as a 7year old on my shoulders in the East. Great memories.

Honourable second place mention for Agathe's vs Dundee in the 5-1 win. I was slightly worse for wear at the time and i thought i was dreaming. waltzed through their whole team as far as i remember it:confused:

31-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Jim Scott against Morton with a penalty, Sorensen was in goal wearing an all black outfit which was very daring in those days as goalies seemed to wear yellow fisherman"s polo necks for some reason, Sorensen had not been beaten in two years from the spot only for our jim to sclaff the kick and Sorensen tried to save the mud and the ball rolled past him into the net-he was seek.
How do i remember that when i canny find my glasses from a minute ago ?.

31-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Derek Collins!

anyone remember it?

Pars in the cup. Be pissed off if someone has already said this on page 2!

31-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Or Page 1 :greengrin

Even though I've been going to Hibs games since 1966, Latapy's in the 6-2 game still tops the lot.

I'll go for Hunters goal at the PBS - only my second derby and more for the feeling for the rest of the game.

31-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Joe McBride....an equaliser (and our first goal....don't remember that one!) at the PBS in the early 80's to secure a 2-2 draw.

It pissed it down all match and we were outplayed for 85 minutes....until Joe struck a couple of goals in the last few minutes.

Never be forgotten.

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 07:43 PM

spudhib page 2 prepare to be pissed off :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Storar
31-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Marc Libbra scoring at Celtic Park in Feb 2001. My first trip through there.

Paco Luna v AEK in 2001 and Zitellis Screamer

Tam McManus last minute header against Killie in the SC Quarter Final in 2001

Latapys penalty against Dundee United after the Matty Jack/Alan Combe/Throw In scandal

Every Derek Riordan goal

Dean Shiels winner at Tynie

31-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I've just uploaded this.

YouTube - Latapy scores a peach against Dundee United 1999-00 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBE8vR7_tw)[/URL]

near greeting! best player i've seen pull on the green and white. still got that very latapy 10 shirt.

That McManus goal sensational too.

I'll add Lovell at Airdrie, all both of them.

Sauzee v Falkirk in celebration day.

Latapy v Clydebank after Bannerman cute heel.

Murphy v St. J at Yamcastle.

Riordan's "offside" volley v Dundee in 4-4 game.

31-01-2010, 07:46 PM

I meant answered the guys post. ;)

Classic through ball. Collins in nosebleed territory.

Latapy just so ****in good. Even Miller could learn from the man.

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 07:47 PM

FFS I hate it when Im wrong :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

31-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Fat Ally McLeod v Dundee. (early-mid 80s?) Had to retake a free kick after bending first round the wall to bottom right. Stepped up and put it round the wall in the other corner.

Shame he couldn't run the length of himself.........

That's mine - stands out partly for its outrageousness, but also McLeod was about the only ray of skill at a time when supporting Hibs was more of a chore than a pleasure.

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2010, 07:53 PM
When I find time (in-between driving my fceking bus) Im gonna put as much Hibs footage online as I can on a new youtube channel called HibsGold....If only I had the time....Ive got the footage! :greengrin:greengrin

31-01-2010, 07:54 PM
People have their own views and stuff about his last few months but there is no doubt overall about the mans contribution to the club.

How effing good was Russell Latapy!

31-01-2010, 07:54 PM
I wasnt even at the game as I was away on a course but I remember sitting in a hotel room listening to a radio I had brought with me as Hibs beat Airdrie 4-1 in the second leg of a relegation play off after going 1 down and Airdrie missing a penalty when the aggregate scores were 1-1.

All goals in the Cis final but especially Benji's second goal as I knew for sure we would win the cup then.

Both Goals in the we are unbeatable game especiaaly , but any goal against the dogs.

Still remember back to some of the Tornadoes European nights and the 91 League Cup Final Goals.

Every goal we have ever scored in a Scottish Cup Semi.

31-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Can't remember the season but O'connor's V Yams at Easter road after bremner had been sent off at 1/2 time. just about fell over the fence at the east celebrating my mate had to drag me back from the edge:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

31-01-2010, 07:58 PM

:agree: That's the one. I was nearly right behind Paddy's cross, watched it heading towards Alan Gordon (right on his napper it was) and Jimmy appeared from nowhere to crash it into the net. The cup was won at thet moment.

Bobo
31-01-2010, 08:02 PM
1. Paul Kane scoring, against Motherwell, at Easter Road after the ball had come back off the bar 3 times in about 10 seconds.

2. Alan Gordon's Header for the last goal in the 0-7 .... Shades won the ball with a typical crunching tackle for Duncan to supply a pin-point cross and there was Alan Gordon, at the back stick, to leap like a Salmon to put us in 7th heaven.... off both posts and in.

3. Seem to remember Joe Tortolano scoring a raker at Brockville from just inside the Falkirk half and almost on the touchline, think we lost 2-1 ... or was I dreaming?

31-01-2010, 08:10 PM
2 that haven't got a mention so far.

O'Connor's goal - our 2nd - against Rangers in the 2-1 win when George Best died - November 2005???

Fantastic move, ball out to Riordan on the wing, then met the cross on the run with a textbook finish.

For the first half we absolutely toyed with Rangers, and the The Crab did us all the great service of losing the rag with KT, playing one of his best games for us, and getting sent off with a couple of minutes to go.

Gary Smith's header to make it 3-2 against Dundee United towards the tail end of Mowbray's 1st season. Ball ping ponged about the box, and up popped Smith for (one of) his only goals for Hibs.

Even the FF where I was sitting went suitably tonto that game, as it was vital in the chase for 3rd place.

31-01-2010, 08:14 PM
A midweek game at Motherwell in the late seventies. Cold night, cr@p game but Des Bremner scored a peach. Dunno why that has stuck with me when more important goals haven't though.

crewetollhibee
31-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Ralph Callachan against Dundee 1979. Waltzed through the whole defence as if they weren't there. Remember wondering why he couldn't do that more often, or against the Hertz or Der Hun in the 3 Cup Final games.

Storar
31-01-2010, 08:20 PM
2 that haven't got a mention so far.

O'Connor's goal - our 2nd - against Rangers in the 2-1 win when George Best died - November 2005???

Fantastic move, ball out to Riordan on the RIGHT wing, then met the cross on the run with a textbook finish.

Think this needs pointed out to all those saying Deek always played left mid under Mowbray:cool2:

31-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I immediately chose Bobby Duncan against Napoli but a close second was Willie Hamilton's winner in the cup against Rangers.

jws1875
31-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Galbraiths injury time goal against celtic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibeeDave
31-01-2010, 08:27 PM

class :thumbsup:

Gordon Chisholm v Aberdeen, my mate knocked my specs off as wee jumped up in the cowshed. I wear lenses at games these days

31-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Soon as I saw title of thread that goal jumped straight in my mind, was it really 40yards out or has the distance grown over the years:greengrin

I think it was a tap in from about 6 inches but when you're wee. :greengrin

bournehibby
31-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I immediately chose Bobby Duncan against Napoli but a close second was Willie Hamilton's winner in the cup against Rangers.
Did that selection in reverse order actually :greengrin

bh

darwenhibby
31-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Bit topical at the moment Eddie May's 6th minute goal v the yams Oct 87 followed by Kano's just before half time.

Again Eddie May's header in the last minute v Celtic 1/4 final at Easter Road in 86

Why has Eddie lost the plot with Hibs?:bitchy:

31-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Benji's first goal in the CIS final for me.

lEXO
31-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Pat Stanton against Motherwell scottish cup replay 76.Header right in front of me down the slope.It was my first game, and to see my hero score right in front of me was special.I was hooked after that.Was,nt the best i,ve seen, but one that i love.Wish i could see it again, but couldnae find it anywhere.

smack
31-01-2010, 10:14 PM

Ahh good memories

:agree: My favourite as well. What a screamer. Remember thinking at the time, what the hell is he doing!

01-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Most of mine already mentioned so maybe there was abit of "something different" about them???

Stanton's and Baker's against Bobby Clark. Eddie May's against Celtc. Arthur Duncan against yams. John Hazel's in the same game. Paco's against AEK (HTF did he miss that last minute header???) Latapy volley.

Every Hibby goal is a good goal though :agree:

Banter
01-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Some that stick out for me that have yet have an airing-

-Lovells opener v the JT's on boxing day at tynie following the 6-2. Everyone went bananas.

-Konte's late equaliser at Fir Park after we had gone 2-0 down and were chasing Europe.

-De la Cruz v the JT's in less than a minute.

:notworthy:

cockneymike
01-02-2010, 08:01 AM
It's been mentioned before but Goram's kick out against Morton on the last day in 1987 was pretty special.

Hunter at the pbs was brilliant too, still the only time i've seen us beat them there - i've seen us win more semis there than beat that mob!

Wright in 91 semi, awesome!

Harper's volley in the new year derby right after we got beat at ipox 7nil - he danced in front of them and they hated it!

Finally Lavety in the derby april 98, we stopped them winning the title and we thought we had saved ourselves from the drop.

My personal top 5, no particular order.

HFC07
01-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Gary o opening the scoring at ibrox for a memorable 3-0 win in the Sc. Fantastic day

01-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Jimmy O in the 72 final
Bobby Duncan's against Napoli
Joe Baker against the dons on his return... the white boots:thumbsup:
Gary O in the "We only have 10 men" Derby
Keith Keith Keith in that semi against the Huns
All of the goals in the 7-0 DEMOLITION of the Hawrts
Pat Quinn Hat trick
Lots more and too many to mention but all Hibs goals are SPECIAL:thumbsup:

01-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Gordon Rae against the buns at ER from 18 yards.

Wull
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Benny Brazil V Meadow Bank in the cup during a snow storm late 70's I suppose just because it was Benny :wink:

01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
the goals by ivan sproule at ibrox a couple of years ago.

stunning stuff.

michael o`neills v motherwell

latapy v the jumbos

danny galbraiths goal at darkheid was brilliant

george best v celtic, bullet!!

01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
keith keith keiths in the skol cup final, amazing

all the cis cup goals in 2007

01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Darren Jackson versus Dundee Utd i think, long time ago!

Jackson chips the ball into Keith who nods it down into Jacksons path on the edge of the box for it to be hit first time right into the roof of the net, was a peach. Can't remember if it went in off the bar but it was some strike regardless.

McGinlay against Celtic when he hit it on the bounce at an angle was some finish too. I think in his second spell with us.

01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Sauzee goal from the Millenium Derby, defo, the best i've seen from him.

oregonhibby
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Ralph Callaghan's mazy dribble against Dundee if I recall correctly.

and Pat's equaliser at Tynecastle very early one Sunday morning!

01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
As I recall the Baker Boy 'scored' before Pat but it was offside. Joe netted Hibs second. That was a great game.

Great memories of that game. Had no real meaning for HIbs league wise but the record and Bakers return raised its importance.

I was behind the goal and remember Martin Buchan throwing himself at the shot. Joe's was a stooping header I think.

01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Great memories of that game. Had no real meaning for HIbs league wise but the record and Bakers return raised its importance.

I was behind the goal and remember Martin Buchan throwing himself at the shot. Joe's was a stooping header I think.
From a lovely cross by Mervyn Jones.

01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Pat Stanton against Aberdeen on Baker`s comeback .
Late ( very late ! ) equalisers at Tynecastle by Stanton and MacLeod .
Arthur Duncan winner in cup match at Tynecastle .
A Willie Paterson goal after about 15 seconds against Hearts at Holy Ground .
Joe McBride ( Sr. ) against Celtic at Cave end ( spectacular volley ) .
Goram against Morton .
George Best against Rangers .
Gordon Rae against Dundee Utd at ER ( spectacular volley ) .
2 goals in as many minutes against Juventus ( can`t remember who scored them ) .
Sadly , most important goal scored by a Hibs player I`ve seen was probably own goal by Arthur Duncan in second replay of 1979 cup final .

pandahfc
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Plenty of great goals over the years - semi final goals by Wright (1 -0) and Dobbie (won on pens in the end) both against the Huns spring to mind and obviously our goals in the Skol & CIS Cup Final wins against Dunfermline & Killie.
Others that come to mind are Ralph Callachans dribble in the 5 - 2 win v Dundee, Michael O'Neils v Motherwell, A Sauzee volley from a corner, think in a 3 - 0 win over Airdrie at ER, Charnley's piledriver v Celtic on the opening day of the season - the year we got relegated and they won the league- how the season changed after the opening day victory!! Think one of my favs though is Latapy's in the 6 - 2 game v the Jambo's.
Great memories, hopefully many more to come, this and in future years.

02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I've never forgotten Ally McGraw's goal in 1968 at Tynie in the Scottish League Cup semi-final. If memory serves me correctly, he went off injured with quite some time to go and the score at 1-1 (Stein for us McClean for them). No subs allowed back then, so at some point he came back on with his leg all bandaged to hobble around and annoy Dundee, which he did perfectly by hobbling into some goalmouth stramash and somehow scoring the winner that took us through to Hampden - a Hibee hero indeed!

Exiled Hibby
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=IberianHibernian;2334501]
Joe McBride ( Sr. ) against Celtic at Cave end ( spectacular volley ) .

This one gets my vote as well. What a strike it was, but if I remember correctly it was on the same day as Pop Robsons great volley for West Ham which went on to win goal of the seaon, so, at least according to the BBC it wasnt even the best goal on the box that day - and remember they only showed one game from Scotland and one from England at that time.
Personally, I thought Joe's was a much better strike

02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I've never forgotten Ally McGraw's goal in 1968 at Tynie in the Scottish League Cup semi-final. If memory serves me correctly, he went off injured with quite some time to go and the score at 1-1 (Stein for us McClean for them). No subs allowed back then, so at some point he came back on with his leg all bandaged to hobble around and annoy Dundee, which he did perfectly by hobbling into some goalmouth stramash and somehow scoring the winner that took us through to Hampden - a Hibee hero indeed!
Not only did he score he also crashed into the post with his already injured leg.Bravery of the highest order(now crippled of course).

05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Bump. :wink:

I vaguely remember Peter Cormack scoring from about the half way line in 1968'ish. IIRC it was against Dunfermline at Easter Road and he lobbed the ball over the keeper.

Maybe one of the auld gits on here will confirm this. :greengrin

05-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Alan Sneddon on the volley from about 25 yards against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the mid 80's.

Belter.

totalfootball
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
A goal that always sticks in my head was Benji's first goal for us against hearts at ER. After all the bloody misery they inflicted on us that season, a patched up Hibs team beat them 2-1. Deek got the 1st before a zibi cock up (so predictable) let them back in it, and just when I was thinking i'd settle for a pont up pops Benji with that belter and his celebration was class! Easter road erupted, absolutely fantastic! GGTTH

West Upper
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Benji 2nd in Cis Final

David Murphy vs Livi few years back a after my jumping up and screaming hit it and he did from 20 yards.

05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Bump. :wink:

I vaguely remember Peter Cormack scoring from about the half way line in 1968'ish. IIRC it was against Dunfermline at Easter Road and he lobbed the ball over the keeper.

Maybe one of the auld gits on here will confirm this. :greengrin

Remember it well, directly behind the goals. It dropped under the bar and bounced into the roof of the net. Also remember Alex Scott scoring four against Morton in his first game after moving from Everton one of which was an angled screamer into the top corner. Now, where did I put these glesses? :dizzy: