PDA

View Full Version : NHC Driver drops hint over playing for Scotland

Billychaotic182
31-01-2010, 12:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8489589.stm

Hainan Hibs
31-01-2010, 12:13 PM
"With him in charge, it will help motivate my decision and swing it the right way."

It shouldn't matter who is in charge Driver. You either want to play for Scotland or not. You shouldn't need to be motivated. You're decision shouldn't need to "swing".

Pulling on the dark blue should be done with pride and passion. Not with a "well, I can't play for England so may as well top my value up with a wee cap for Scotland" attitude.

weecounty hibby
31-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Only interested now that it has become very clear that he will never play for England. IMO he doesn't merit a place in the Scotland squad on ability and I don't know why we seem to be chasing him so much.

The_Todd
31-01-2010, 12:18 PM
A welcome addition to the team either way.

weecounty hibby
31-01-2010, 12:20 PM
A welcome addition to the team either way.
Surely you jest. Very overrated. Who would you have him replace?

Cocaine&Caviar
31-01-2010, 12:24 PM
It could potentially be a very different looking Scotland Set Up under Levein, players that weren't available to Burley:

- McGregor
- Ferguson
- McCarthy
- Driver
- McCulloch
- C. Burke
- Boyd

Im sure there are others also...

Billychaotic182
31-01-2010, 12:32 PM
It could potentially be a very different looking Scotland Set Up under Levein, players that weren't available to Burley:

- McGregor
- Ferguson
- McCarthy
- Driver
- McCulloch
- C. Burke
- Boyd

McColloch has went on to say he does not want to play for scotland at all

Cocaine&Caviar
31-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Theres certainly no argument that there is no talent in Scotland for the Manager to choose from. Although not a huge Scotland fan, i would be very pleased with the quality in the following squad as well as the average ages, although perhaps not with their loyalty to the country or reasons for wearing blue:

GK: Gordon, McGregor

DR: Hutton, Whittaker
DL: Wallace, Fox
DLC: Berra, McManus
DRC: Caldwell, Caldwell

MR: Brown, Burke
ML: Driver, McFadden
MLC: Thomson, McCarthy
MRC: Fletcher, Ferguson

ST: Fletcher, McCormack
ST: Boyd, Miller

Thats without some very good established players like Morrison, Kommons etc, and ones for the future or on good form Adam, Dorrans etc.

machibby
31-01-2010, 01:20 PM

- McGregor
- Ferguson
- McCarthy
- Driver
- McCulloch
- C. Burke
- Boyd

Aye probably Duncan at this rate

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Driver is not Scottish and never will be. No matter how good he is he should not be concidered for the National side.

Woody1985
31-01-2010, 01:43 PM
McColloch has went on to say he does not want to play for scotland at all

So has McCarthy via his spokesperson, whom was quoted as saying that when he asked JM if he would play for Scotland, said there was "No chance".

greenlex
31-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I dont get this Driver Hype. I think he is very average.

mayo hibee
31-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Theres certainly no argument that there is no talent in Scotland for the Manager to choose from. Although not a huge Scotland fan, i would be very pleased with the quality in the following squad as well as the average ages, although perhaps not with their loyalty to the country or reasons for wearing blue:

Thats without some very good established players like Morrison, Kommons etc, and ones for the future or on good form Adam, Dorrans etc.

Apparently McCarthy confirmed to the Irish Examiner this week that he will not play for Scotland. He has also apparently sent a message via a journalist to an Irish fans forum confirming this.

jdships
31-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Sad thing is looking at that "squad" I can see only one name that even approaches "European Class" ( never mind World)

Fletcher - Man Utd.

As for McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd :bye:

CorrieHibs
31-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Not that fussed about Driver think he's ok nothing special. I would rather Scotland got james McCarthy to play.

matty_f
31-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Driver should never be allowed to pull on the Scotland jersey. He made his choice to represent England. That should be that, IMHO.

You're either Scottish or you're not. If you want to play for the national team, do it whenever it calls. Not when it suits you.

Removed
31-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Driver should never be allowed to pull on the Scotland jersey. He made his choice to represent England. That should be that, IMHO.

You're either Scottish or you're not. If you want to play for the national team, do it whenever it calls. Not when it suits you.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

The_Todd
01-02-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm just going to be a little pragmatic about it. We've not been developing too much talent recently, and while he may not be automatic first choice it can't hurt to have someone who can come into the squad if required.

He represented Scotland at schoolboy level, has lived in Scotland most of his life, and was dragged up through Hutchinson Vale and then Hearts. He's Scottish trained.

I'm not saying he's an automatic first pick, but he's an option.