PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Miller

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Enjoy his footballing lessons while he`s still here!

seanraff07
30-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Enjoy his footballing lessons while he`s still here!

the boys different class, can't believe Yogi got his hands on him in the first place.

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:53 PM
the boys different class, can't believe Yogi got his hands on him in the first place.

Great presence of mind alwas looks to get on the ball and play the right ball, doesn`t matter what is going around him he shows great composure, more importantly he`s not influenced by the crowd and their manic shouts to get the ball forward as quickly as possible irrespective of the lack of options.:agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
30-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Wasted on the right, Rankin out and reform the McBride/Miller partnership ASAP for me, with either Zemmama returning from injury or Wotherspoon up with a new RB.

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Wasted on the right, Rankin out and reform the McBride/Miller partnership ASAP for me, with either Zemmama returning from injury or Wotherspoon up with a new RB.

On a terrible surface Miller, McBride and Wotherspoon had the guts to take responsibilty and keep Hibs ticking over.

Hank Schrader
31-01-2010, 12:12 AM

Is he really playing out on the right though? He might drift out there but to me he isn't playing as a true right sided midfielder. He seemed pretty central on most occasions when he had the ball.

Rankin has played well over the last three games, whether he loses his place to a fit Zemmama remains to be seen.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Is he really playing out on the right though? He might drift out there but to me he isn't playing as a true right sided midfielder. He seemed pretty central on most occasions when he had the ball.

Rankin has played well over the last three games, whether he loses his place to a fit Zemmama remains to be seen.

:agree:

Judas Iscariot
31-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I can't praise Miller enough..

He's the closest thing Hibs will have to a Cesc Fabregras in the team!

Personally i'd like to see Bamba pushed back into midfield to partner McBride with Rankin dropping out and Hanlon back at centre half..

This would allow Liam even more freedom in a attacking role..

Genius of a footballer..

joejoefaemexico
31-01-2010, 12:16 AM
On a terrible surface Miller, McBride and Wotherspoon had the guts to take responsibilty and keep Hibs ticking over.

things didnt really go for wotherspoon on a few passes but didnt seem to knock him off his stride and he continued to play his game, good on you spoony.

most frustrating part of the game was spoon got dingyed when in acres of space a few times in the first half with space and a couple of hibs bodys in front of him, and yet when we change to 4-3-3 and had no width the ball constantly went to spoon and he had no option but to launch it long or play it back to the sender.

Riordans Boots
31-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Everyone is watching Liam Miller :agree: (and their grannies) :agree:

Yogi knows he has a diamond in LM and we have to have faith in Yogi that he signed him and will do the rightful thing to keep him at Hibs.

For sure Liam Miller is the best player in the SPL - everyone knows it and so does Yogi and the Tache ...

seanraff07
31-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Great presence of mind alwas looks to get on the ball and play the right ball, doesn`t matter what is going around him he shows great composure, more importantly he`s not influenced by the crowd and their manic shouts to get the ball forward as quickly as possible irrespective of the lack of options.:agree:

i agree, he barely ever plays the wrong passes, im sure i read somewhere a few weeks ago that in our 2-0 home victory over Motherwell Millers passes completed/made ratio was 85%. And thats a fair share of passes as sometimes he just runs and controls the game, so glad we have a pure that oozes such quality, need to make the most of him while we still have him :greengrin

Expecting Rain
31-01-2010, 12:38 AM
i agree, he barely ever plays the wrong passes, im sure i read somewhere a few weeks ago that in our 2-0 home victory over Motherwell Millers passes completed/made ratio was 85%. And thats a fair share of passes as sometimes he just runs and controls the game, so glad we have a pure that oozes such quality, need to make the most of him while we still have him :greengrin

With the likes of Liam, Stokes,Riordan, Murray, McBride,Bamba, Wotherspoon,Smith and Zemmama, we could do something special in the dare i mention it Scottish Cup.:thumbsup:

seanraff07
31-01-2010, 12:41 AM
With the likes of Liam, Stokes,Riordan, Murray, McBride,Bamba, Wotherspoon,Smith and Zemmama, we could do something special in the dare i mention it Scottish Cup.:thumbsup:

dare i mention anything apart from the Scottish Cup, if we couldn't do it in the early 70's, then what Hibs team is going to be able to do it.:confused:

johnrebus
31-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Everyone is watching Liam Miller :agree: (and their grannies) :agree:

Yogi knows he has a diamond in LM and we have to have faith in Yogi that he signed him and will do the rightful thing to keep him at Hibs.

For sure Liam Miller is the best player in the SPL - everyone knows it and so does Yogi and the Tache ...

Nonsense!

Davis of Rangers is the best player in the SPL.

I know that because Uncle Walter said so just yesterday.

:faf:

matty_f
31-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Nonsense!

Davis of Rangers is the best player in the SPL.

I know that because Uncle Walter said so just yesterday.

:faf:

Davis is half the player Miller is, IMHO.

houston1875
31-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Miller has been good all season,in recent weeks he been getting more involved in playmaking,scoring,when McBride was injured he was sitting back more,tidying up,breaking up play

Long may me he stay...Miller and Murray on long term ,tracts plz!!

MrSmith
31-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Isn't it great to have so many football players in the team instead of cloggers!

I think some of these guys will stay longer than some may think! Stokes and Miller were seen by the media to have failed down south and weren't as good as their transfer fee's suggested but...we can all see for ourselves that they are enjoying playing again.

This might be enough to keep them here for a few yet enabling them to head back down south when they are more mature and ready for the challenges ahead.

Does anyone think that any of the 2005 - 07 team that left us has enjoyed their football as much as they did when with Hibs??