PDA

View Full Version : NHC John Terry - How many times has he scored at the bridge?

Ants
30-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Before I buy tomorrows paper, does anyone know how many times he has scored at the bridge?

Irish_Steve
30-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Dunno - but he scored while playing away from home this evening - nothing new there!

HibbyAndy
30-01-2010, 09:40 PM
guys a cheat.

Nae Chelsea players should have went near the loser when he scored tonight.

Twins he has i believe? 2 young yins at that aswell, Terry the Tosspot.

Coco Bryce
30-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Before I buy tomorrows paper, does anyone know how many times he has scored at the bridge?

Not sure, but I do know he has scored at the Bridge Hotel on a few occasions.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 09:48 PM
So he was having it away behind his wife's back. :wink:

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 08:53 AM
should be dropped as england captain????

i had to shake my head when i saw that creep of a man max clifford is now involved, cannae stand that guy! Standing in his fancy driveway next to his Bentley. he has made money of other people's misery.:bitchy:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Max Clifford is about as useful as an appendix.

The man's a fud.

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Max Clifford is about as useful as an appendix.

The man's a fud.

:top marks bet he was rubbing hit hands together as soon as the story broke.

what were the team bridge t-shirts all about eh? Yeah, show support for your team mate, but its not like he is on the x-factor or some gish like that....

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Wayne Bridge will obviously br distraught. And it would not surprise me if he was left out the England squad in future, making it a double kick in the baws for him. If Terry had anything about him, he'd retire from international football.

Betty Boop
01-02-2010, 09:19 AM
I can't get my head around all the pompous moralising about John Terry, its not as if he murdered anybody.

1875er
01-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Stories of Bridge and Terry clashing whilst going up the tunnel are as yet unconfirmed...

RoslinInstHibby
01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
I can't get my head around all the pompous moralising about John Terry, its not as if he murdered anybody.

:agree: exactly

Speedway
01-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Stories of Bridge and Terry clashing whilst going up the tunnel are as yet unconfirmed...

Tut tut. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2010, 09:38 AM

Indeed.

We support our politicians/footballers/cultural icons because of what they do, not what they are. There is something about the British mentality, though, that likes to jump on "heroes" as soon as they are shown up as less than perfect.

Is that jealousy of what they have?

In France, Terry would be held up as even more of a hero. :devil: (editor's note... I am not suggesting that everyone should sh*g about all the time)

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Indeed. As far as I can make out, he wasn't properly stepping out with the wumman until after she had split up with Bridgey. Are fitballers' exes never supposed to have relationships with other fitballers, ever?

Terry does seem a bit of a sleazeball, but :shocked: sleaze in fitba whodathunkit.

Brummie_Hibs
01-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm hearing that there are more Terry 'revelations' being lined up. It would appear as though it is open season on him... :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2010, 10:14 AM
The hysteria goes OTT but it's a pretty rotten thing to do to his wife and will possibly result in him losing a lot of access to his kids if she won't take him back so he's a fool as well as a cheat.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Dont worry she likes a big guy at the back.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
The hysteria goes OTT but it's a pretty rotten thing to do to his wife and will possibly result in him losing a lot of access to his kids if she won't take him back so he's a fool as well as a cheat.

... and how do we know that his wife isn't a monster/knocks him about/approves of him seeing other women/has other men herself. ?

Sorry, we can't condemn anyone's private life without knowing everything about it. And, as Frank Gallagher said only last week.... let he who is without sin cast the first.... :devil:

Cocaine&Caviar
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Indeed. As far as I can make out, he wasn't properly stepping out with the wumman until after she had split up with Bridgey. Are fitballers' exes never supposed to have relationships with other fitballers, ever?

Terry does seem a bit of a sleazeball, but :shocked: sleaze in fitba whodathunkit.

She is the mother of Bridge's child though...

Woody1985
01-02-2010, 11:08 AM
The 'outrage' about this story is a joke. Yes, he pumped his mates missus whilst he is married with kids. Yes, it's sad for the people that have been hurt but it happens everyday for people who are not famous. It will continue to happen regardless of what JT or David Beckham do in their lives.

Also, this 'role model' pish does my head in, do people really grow up thinking 'I wonder what my hero would do' or 'he did it so it must be fine'?

I used to like wrestling when I was a wee laddie and loved Hulk Hogan, did I start running around in yellow tank tops, ripping them off, die my hair blonde and hit people over the head with chairs and bells? Well maybe :tee hee:

He's a regular guy who cheated on his wife. He's probably got more temptation around him on a daily basis than most will have in a lifetime and most people will succumb to that temptation. I assume that everyone who has cheated or done something wrong in their life which could influence others has quit their job in shame?

On a side note, when the story broke about Tiger Woods did anyone think that Gillette were mad to drop him? If you want to promote a masculine product, what better than a billionaire sportsmen with gorgeous women all around him! They should have gave the man a pay rise. :tee hee:

greenlex
01-02-2010, 11:08 AM
She is the mother of Bridge's child though...
So should she just shut up shop and become a nun now then? :confused:

Ritchie
01-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm hearing that there are more Terry 'revelations' being lined up. It would appear as though it is open season on him... :greengrin

its gonna be like tiger woods all over again! :agree:

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
The 'outrage' about this story is a joke. Yes, he pumped his mates missus whilst he is married with kids

Did he though? The story I read said that the missus was an ex-missus before he pumped her.

Killiehibbie
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Who cares? Somebody pumps somebody elses wife. Just because they're famous it's a big story. Plumber does housewife whilst her husband is at work, happens often but husband is an accountant so nobody cares even if they hear about it. Some people are unfaithful and always have been.

TornadoHibby
01-02-2010, 11:25 AM
its gonna be like tiger woods all over again! :agree:

Guy a couple of seats along from me was saying this on Saturday at half time! :agree:

It's never clear where this kind of information comes from BEFORE the revelations appear but never usually too far off the mark! :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2010, 11:31 AM
... and how do we know that his wife isn't a monster/knocks him about/approves of him seeing other women/has other men herself. ?

Sorry, we can't condemn anyone's private life without knowing everything about it. And, as Frank Gallagher said only last week.... let he who is without sin cast the first.... :devil:

We don't just a pretty shoddy way to behave towards someone you're meant to care about IMO.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2010, 11:32 AM
We don't just a pretty shoddy way to behave towards someone you're meant to care about IMO.

Like I say, it wouldn't be the first time one party in a relationship has given the other party scope to see other folk. That is caring of a different sort.

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Like I say, it wouldn't be the first time one party in a relationship has given the other party scope to see other folk. That is caring of a different sort.

It certainly is I reckon we'll find out Terry's done a bit more than just this it will be interesting to see.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2010, 11:38 AM
It certainly is I reckon we'll find out Terry's done a bit more than just this it will be interesting to see.

Interesting? Not for me.

My interest is in the sanctimonious voyeurism that's going on.

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Interesting? Not for me.

My interest is in the sanctimonious voyeurism that's going on.

Ok

Schaedler
01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Its bad enough that he did the dirty on his wife not to mention his best pal.

If reports are to be believed, she was seeing Terry for four months before she split with Bridge. Its also alleged that she was pregnant and Terry paid and arranged for a termination. If she was smart enough to get herself up the Brian Clough why could she not terminate the chil on her own, with her own money?

Like ever other woman this has happened to - famous or otherwise, rich or otherwise, I hope his wife takes him for the ****ing lot.

Dirty B******

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 05:59 PM
The voice of reason that is Stan Collymore is backing Terry to stay as England captain. No real surprise there then. :faf:

WarringtonHibee
01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
The voice of reason that is Stan Collymore is backing Terry to stay as England captain. No real surprise there then. :faf:

They'll of been dogging together I'd reckon.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
They'll of been dogging together I'd reckon.

I don't know about that, but i know a man that does. :wink:

heretoday
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Wayne Bridge will obviously br distraught. And it would not surprise me if he was left out the England squad in future, making it a double kick in the baws for him. If Terry had anything about him, he'd retire from international football.

If I had his wages I'd be distraught too. Mind you, I'm sure he doesn't lack female company to soothe his furrowed brow!

blackhibee
01-02-2010, 09:30 PM
to be honest I don't know where he finds the time! Not to mention the fact that the camera's are virtually always somewhere near him. He must be bloody fit!

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
If I had his wages I'd be distraught too. Mind you, I'm sure he doesn't lack female company to soothe his furrowed brow!

Cant see what money has to do with it? And you can bet your last penny he wont go to the world cup now.

macca70
01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Cant see what money has to do with it? And you can bet your last penny he wont go to the world cup now.

What he's done is morally wrong but its not as if he has comitted a crime.

If Terry is kicked out of England team or even has captaincy taken off him then the FA are setting a precident for years to come. Someone with a criminal reord could be included in the England team but if you've had an affair then yer punted oot.

I reckon Bridge and Terry will be offered the chance to go to the World Cup, it will then be the players decision whether they go. I think Bridge will refuse to be part of the squad anytime that Terry is there.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I think Bridge will refuse to be part of the squad anytime that Terry is there.

Why? Because a slightly bruised ego would be more important to him than a certain WC winners' medal?

I don't think for a minute that Bridge will give up that opporchancity, whether Terry's there or not. Capello will think the same. It's aw just despicable manufactured redtop animosity hype.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
What he's done is morally wrong but its not as if he has comitted a crime.

If Terry is kicked out of England team or even has captaincy taken off him then the FA are setting a precident for years to come. Someone with a criminal reord could be included in the England team but if you've had an affair then yer punted oot.

I reckon Bridge and Terry will be offered the chance to go to the World Cup, it will then be the players decision whether they go. I think Bridge will refuse to be part of the squad anytime that Terry is there.

I agree he's committed no crime, but his judgment has to be questioned, and he has ruined a fellow footballers dreams of appearing at a world cup. There is no way Cappelo will pick him now, he wont want any friction within the squad. So terry has affected Englands chance of winning the world cup, albeit slightly.

greenlex
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Apparently Fabio Capello has personally phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him John Terry has lost the England Captains armband..........

He asked him to look under his bed and see if it's there.

Woody1985
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Apparently Fabio Capello has personally phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him John Terry has lost the England Captains armband..........

:faf:

Iain G
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
guys a cheat.

Nae Chelsea players should have went near the loser when he scored tonight.

Twins he has i believe? 2 young yins at that aswell, Terry the Tosspot.

Yeah thats right he has a pair of Waynes, sorry I meant weans... :rolleyes:

heretoday
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Bridge won't go to the WC because he's not on form and must be behind Cole and Warnock in the queue.

As for the Terry saga I refuse to take seriously the comings and goings of chavs and footballers, married or otherwise. It's none of our business anyway.

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Superb. :faf:

Woody70x2
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Apparantely the girl received a willie shaped chocolate from cadburys... she sent it back stating that she prefers Terry's.

Betty Boop
02-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Bridge won't go to the WC because he's not on form and must be behind Cole and Warnock in the queue.

As for the Terry saga I refuse to take seriously the comings and goings of chavs and footballers, married or otherwise. It's none of our business anyway.

:agree: Sven Goran Ericksonn went to the WC after his indiscretion.

Hibs90
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
John Terry's week:
1) ****s his best mate's missus
2) Gets paid another £170,000
3) Scores the winning goal
4) His team go to the top of the league
This is supposed to be his worst week ?

Hibercelona
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Out of all the people in the world calling him a dirty filthy cheat.... etc

It would be interesting to see how many of these critics have cheated themselves.

I don't like John Terry and I think he is a complete tosspot.

But as soon as a celeb makes an average mistake, people turn it into something so much more.

I couldn't care less about the private life of any football player, as long as they do the business on the pitch.

TornadoHibby
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Sven Goran Ericksonn went to the WC after his indiscretion.

Aye, but he was hardly a role model for young kids to follow, wasn't married himself, didn't have any young children of his own and hadn't just been named as "Father of the Year" by some national magazine or poll or something! Equally, he hadn't chosen his best mates lady (ex or otherwise!) to service, something that his best mate only found out after one of the "red top" national newspaper stories published a lot of the sordid details! :agree:

Sorry mate, but Terry's bang out of order on this one I'm afraid! :agree:

SteveHFC
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Aye, but he was hardly a role model for young kids to follow, wasn't married himself, didn't have any young children of his own and hadn't just been named as "Father of the Year" by some national magazine or poll or something! Equally, he hadn't chosen his best mates lady (ex or otherwise!) to service, something that his best mate only found out after one of the "red top" national newspaper stories published a lot of the sordid details! :agree:

:top marks You only have to ask one question, could you work with someone who had done this to you and your family? There WILL be friction, he has not acted as an England captain should, And its not the first time either. You dont **** on your own door step.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
If Wayne Bridge is not willing to be included in the England World Cup squad if John Terry is there, then Capello has to drop Terry.

If Bridge was possibly going to be selected for the WC, it would be completely unfair to keep him out because he has done nothing wrong.

I actually think Capello would drop Terry from the squad if there was going to be any possibility that his inclusion could harm England's chances of winning the WC.

Previous managers like McClaren wouldn't have had the guts to drop someone like John Terry but I honestly think that Capello does.

At the very least, there is absolutely no way that he will remain as captain. You can't really look up to, or respect, someone who has cheated on their wife, especially when they have two young children.

I say that although perhaps I'm misjudging the mentality of the average footballer who are all as thick as thieves, particularly when it comes to the great "JT". :rolleyes:

cockneymike
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised at the folk on here saying this is an every day occurence and that why is it a big deal - are you really that blind?

The captain of England ****s the mother of one of his England teammates' child (maybe they were still partners, maybe they weren't), in a world cup year. That is definitely big news, and for most England fans a total nightmare, as it will inevitably lead to factions in the England camp.

It was interesting that Gareth Barry, didn't wear a team bridge t shirt the other day. So it's already started. What about the impact it has on Gerrard, if he starts to think he might get the captaincy, and then doesn't - will he begrudge it?

Loads of great intrigue, no wonder the red tops are having a field day.

To be honest as a Scotsman, anything that helps to screw up their WC chances is a good thing so go on JT, how about Abbey Clancy - Crouchie's missus, shes' alright. Also, what about the bird that's married to the 1st choice LB - Ashley Cole - I understand she's pretty tidy too... :greengrin

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
If Wayne Bridge is not willing to be included in the England World Cup squad if John Terry is there, then Capello has to drop Terry.

If Bridge was possibly going to be selected for the WC, it would be completely unfair to keep him out because he has done nothing wrong.

I actually think Capello would drop Terry from the squad if there was going to be any possibility that his inclusion could harm England's chances of winning the WC.

Previous managers like McClaren wouldn't have had the guts to drop someone like John Terry but I honestly think that Capello does.

At the very least, there is absolutely no way that he will remain as captain. You can't really look up to, or respect, someone who has cheated on their wife, especially when they have two young children.

I say that although perhaps I'm misjudging the mentality of the average footballer who are all as thick as thieves, particularly when it comes to the great "JT". :rolleyes:

Do you not think the continued existence of Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer in English football kind of negates your belief that it is any way whatsoever concerned with what sort of people the players are? If they do a job on the field, they play. Full stop.

Whether Wayne Bridge is morally innocent will have absolutely no bearing on who Capello picks for his squad.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Are the people that are outraged at this the ones who read about it in Heat/Hello/Lobotomy weekly?

And are the people that are outraged by this the ones distraught after the death of Diana hounded by those awful tabloid journos/paparazzi?

The death I'd like to see (figuratively speaking) is these celeb/tabloids preferrably by choking on their own inane words, deliberately made up stories in knowledge of joint-orchestrators like Jordan, Cheryl Cole, the Beckhams.

Would be great if all the celeb yummy mummys "reinvented themselves" and advocated sterilisation and the muppet readers followed suit. Enrichment of the gene pool if you like. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Do you not think the continued existence of Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer in English football kind of negates your belief that it is any way whatsoever concerned with what sort of people the players are? If they do a job on the field, they play. Full stop.

Whether Wayne Bridge is morally innocent will have absolutely no bearing on who Capello picks for his squad.

and, indeed, step forward Messrs. McCormack, Riordan and Morais, sometime of this parish.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Are the people that are outraged at this the ones who read about it in Heat/Hello/Lobotomy weekly?

And are the people that are outraged by this the ones distraught after the death of Diana hounded by those awful tabloid journos/paparazzi?

The death I'd like to see (figuratively speaking) is these celeb/tabloids preferrably by choking on their own inane words, deliberately made up stories in knowledge of joint-orchestrators like Jordan, Cheryl Cole, the Beckhams.

Would be great if all the celeb yummy mummys "reinvented themselves" and advocated sterilisation and the muppet readers followed suit. Enrichment of the gene pool if you like. :wink:

I am not outraged at whats happened, in fact reading this thread, i donr see anyone who is outraged. In fact i'd go one further and say it does not bother me one bit. If terry wants to go through ever wag in the England squad, it still wouldn't bother me.

Although we are allowed to comment on what we think of the situation, and say what we feel we would be like if that had happened to us. Again imho, if this happened to any one of us, whether with a friend in the office or the pub, it would cause friction to all of us, and would affect how you felt towards that person in the future. So it has affected English football, and i'd imagine in the future, should they both be picked for their country it would affect them again.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2010, 03:26 PM

I suppose it's just a case of wait and see on this one.

As I've already implied with regards to my statement on Steve McClaren, I think quite a lot of managers would pick Terry regardless of the consequences, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if Capello decides to drop Terry from the world cup squad.

It's also typical that most of the ex-pros that I have heard commenting on this issue (such as the Chelsea apologist Jason Cundy) are all coming at it from the angle of "poor John Terry, but I'm sure he will manage to get over this terrible time in his life."

What about Wayne Bridge? No-one bothered about what the revelations have meant for him?

Surely he, along with Terry's wife and children, are the only ones who are deserving of any pity out of all this?

lapsedhibee
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
What about Wayne Bridge? No-one bothered about what the revelations have meant for him?

Revelations have presumably meant that he knows the mother of his child a lot better than he did before.

When do we get to know for sure whether Steven "Diver" Gerrard's kiddywink is actually Terry's? :dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I am not outraged at whats happened, in fact reading this thread, i donr see anyone who is outraged. In fact i'd go one further and say it does not bother me one bit. If terry wants to go through ever wag in the England squad, it still wouldn't bother me.

Although we are allowed to comment on what we think of the situation, and say what we feel we would be like if that had happened to us. Again imho, if this happened to any one of us, whether with a friend in the office or the pub, it would cause friction to all of us, and would affect how you felt towards that person in the future. So it has affected English football, and i'd imagine in the future, should they both be picked for their country it would affect them again.

My point was from a wider perspective regarding the story and tabloids/celeb mags maybe outraged wasn't the right word.

It does bring up issues up for debate. But should it have got there?

It probably is "in the public interest" but really I don't think the papers see it as anything other than it sells papers. Just the monetisation of gossip.

I just think press intrusion/privacy debate throws up a lot of contradictions from the Press, individuals involved and readers.

If this happened in an office context would it make the papers - probably, but should it?

I suppose the flip-side would be the treatment the Royals got until the papers got to expose things as they were.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
My point was from a wider perspective regarding the story and tabloids/celeb mags maybe outraged wasn't the right word.

It does bring up issues up for debate. But should it have got there?

It probably is "in the public interest" but really I don't think the papers see it as anything other than it sells papers. Just the monetisation of gossip.

I just think press intrusion/privacy debate throws up a lot of contradictions from the Press, individuals involved and readers.

If this happened in an office context would it make the papers - probably, but should it?

I suppose the flip-side would be the treatment the Royals got until the papers got to expose things as they were.

I think you are right regarding the papers, if it did not sell papers, it would not make them. Of course if it happened in the office nobody would hear about it. Although these people like Terry, would not be the celebrity's they are, and enjoy the wealth they do without the media. So cant complain imho if they get caught doing what they shouldn't.

JimBHibees
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I suppose it's just a case of wait and see on this one.

As I've already implied with regards to my statement on Steve McClaren, I think quite a lot of managers would pick Terry regardless of the consequences, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if Capello decides to drop Terry from the world cup squad.

It's also typical that most of the ex-pros that I have heard commenting on this issue (such as the Chelsea apologist Jason Cundy) are all coming at it from the angle of "poor John Terry, but I'm sure he will manage to get over this terrible time in his life."

Surely he, along with Terry's wife and children, are the only ones who are deserving of any pity out of all this?

Personal opinion there is no way that Terry will not be at the World cup and will be the captain also. Terry playing means England have more chance and that is all that Fabio will be bothered about. I am sure Capello will have had to deal with similar stuff in his previous jobs and dont think he will lose a minutes sleep about it. No idea how Bridge will be about it, probably not happy however if he is chosen for the WC he will go as probably the last chance for him. Whether his form will merit it is another thing.

Betty Boop
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM

Daddies Sauce! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Daddies Sauce! :greengrin

Thats been his problem, he cant help squirting his daddies sauce, were he shouldn't.:wink:

Woody1985
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM

I'd say that his exclusion would harm their chance more than leaving out their 2nd choice LB.

Including WB may cause more issues as other players may see their chances of winning a WC dwindle by losing one of their best CBs.

If WB goes along and Terry stays in the team and it causes a fight that will screw all of them up. I think that there would need to be a get together with the whole squad with both of them together in advance to see how it plays out or simply forget WB.

**** for WB but cutting your nose of to spite your face comes to mind.

Betty Boop
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Thats been his problem, he cant help squirting his daddies sauce, were he shouldn't.:wink: