PDA

View Full Version : Any pass marks today?

Hibbyradge
30-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm referring to the players, not the "so called supporters" in the East stand. :wink:

Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Bamba - Terrible first half

Murray - Possibly

I'll stop there

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm referring to the players, not the "so called supporters" in the East stand.

Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Murray - Possibly

I'll stop there

Smith made a couple of bad kickouts but he can blame the pitch for me. He made an OUTSTANDING pointblank save in the first half.

Wotherspoons passing was dreadful.

Murray was out of sorts.

Miller was average but took his goal well.

Jonnyboy
30-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Murray - Possibly

I'll stop there

And hang out your :fishin: sign :greengrin

monktonharp
30-01-2010, 09:44 PM
top marks to all. for persistance and effort in the last 10 mins,when they suddenly realised that 3 points are better than one,,,,,,,,,,and got them. :greengrin there were some poor/indifferent perfomances,but i'm sure they were not trying to play like pish

Hibbyradge
30-01-2010, 09:44 PM
top marks to all. for persistance and effort in the last 10 mins,when they suddenly realised that 3 points are better than one,,,,,,,,,,and got them. :greengrin there were some poor/indifferent perfomances,but i'm sure they were not trying to play like pish

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Toaods
30-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Smith - couldny kick

you on the wind up - I've read on here, he's the answer to all our problems...:wink:

--------
30-01-2010, 11:08 PM
St Mirren are a big side, strong and well able to make life difficult for better teams.

The pitch at ER is cutting up badly and the club urgently need to sort it out.

The Celtic match must have been physically and emotionally draining.

And if I had £10 for every time I've seen Hibs fall flat against an inferior team after a good result in Europe or against the OF I'd have retired to the Caribbean by now.

When Rangers or Celtic grind out a result like this one, they're praised for their mental strength and persistence and 'never-say-die' attitude. When we struggle, but win with a late goal, we're crap and we're lucky.

Being prepared to keep going right to the final whistle even when we're not playing well is a great virtue not always associated with Hibs teams. Doing so and winning twice in four days speaks volumes for the attitude Yogi's instilled in this team. Saturday to Saturday - 9 points, 9 goals for, 3 against, third in the League.

Fair enough to point out weaknesses, but let's keep a bit of perspective here. This is a game we could very easily have drawn or lost, and most season we would have.

We have a week to prepare for Aberdeen - let's see how we do then.

KingFranck
30-01-2010, 11:16 PM
As said elsewhere the pitch today was a disgrace and well done to the players for controlling the ball at all. We had an off day on a bad pitch and still got 3 points, well done Hibs .

greenlex
30-01-2010, 11:18 PM
St Mirren are a big side, strong and well able to make life difficult for better teams.

And if I had £10 for every time I've seen Hibs fall flat against an inferior team after a good result in Europe or against the OF I'd have retired to the Caribbean by now.

When Rangers or Celtic grind out a result like this one, they're praised for their mental strength and persistence and 'never-say-die' attitude. When we struggle, but win with a late goal, we're crap and we're lucky.

Being prepared to keep going right to the final whistle even when we're not playing well is a great virtue not always associated with Hibs teams. Doing so and winning twice in four days speaks volumes for the attitude Yogi's instilled in this team. Saturday to Saturday - 9 points, 9 goals for, 3 against, third in the League.

Fair enough to point out weaknesses, but let's keep a bit of perspective here. This is a game we could very easily have drawn or lost, and most season we would have.

Shirley Montrose in the cup Doddie. :confused:
Edit - Shirley Montrose!!!! She sounds like a caberet singer.:faf:

booshsutton
30-01-2010, 11:18 PM

:top marks

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:19 PM

marinello59
30-01-2010, 11:41 PM

Spot on Doddie and the bit in bold is the most pertinent. The team looked tired today, totally understandable.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-01-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought we wrongly persisted in playing the ball on the floor when the pitch was f****d, we can't be dogmatic with 'attractive' football when its simply not possible, i felt sorry for smith on occasions with the amount of unnecessary back passes he had to deal with!! Anyway 3 points is all i am really bothered about!!!

smith-not really troubled but made a good few saves, does have a weakish kick though

wotherspoon-poor passing from defense but still oozes class going forward

hogg-fairly steady i thought

bamba-dodgy first 30 mins but once he adjusted himself from African nations football to SPL he was his usual brick wall self!!

murray-made a couple of mistakes and silly decisions, not like him at all

miller-never stopped trying and nipping at heels but struggled with lack of options

mcbride-probably one of his poorer displays in a hibs jersey, countless misplaced passes, still tidied up some s**t in defense though!

rankin-poor passing, got bullied by a bigger midfield

riordan-poorest game i have seen from him, cant think of a thing he did

stokes-looked tired from wednesday

nish-hard work to watch, did some things good and vice versa, i suspect we wish he was on the bench but when he isn't playing we struggle

subs:
benji-best i have seen from him off bench in a while

Hard work watching today, but nothing beats a last minute goal however it goes in!!!

greenlex
30-01-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought we wrongly persisted in playing the ball on the floor when the pitch was f****d, we can't be dogmatic with 'attractive' football when its simply not possible, i felt sorry for smith on occasions with the amount of unnecessary back passes he had to deal with!! Anyway 3 points is all i am really bothered about!!!

smith-not really troubled but made a good few saves, does have a weakish kick though

bamba-dodgy first 30 mins but once he adjusted himself from African nations football to SPL he was his usual brick wall self!!

miller-never stopped trying and nipping at heels but struggled with lack of options

mcbride-probably one of his poorer displays in a hibs jersey, countless misplaced passes, still tidied up some s**t in defense though!

rankin-poor passing, got bullied by a bigger midfield Over 88% of passes made found their target. Is that poor?

nish-hard work to watch, did some things good and vice versa, i suspect we wish he was on the bench but when he isn't playing we struggle

subs:

Hard work watching today, but nothing beats a last minute goal however it goes in!!!.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-01-2010, 11:56 PM
can't argue with that stat then!!!

i actually thought Rankin was quite good today unfortunately, my lasting memory was a right footed swipe that was meant to go in the box but almost ended up in the east stand.

i still think our midfield needs one physically bigger, stronger player to combat other bigger midfielders!

basehibby
31-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Murray - Possibly

I'll stop there

Smith - showed that he's not perfect with some pretty sheighty kick outs -showing consistency with the basic goalkeeping arts thoogh.

Wotherspoon - far from awful - played too many percentage balls up the flank but also showed a willingness to get past defenders and linked up well in attack. - 6/10

Hogg - as you say Hogg - not a footballing materclass but solid in defence

Bamba - terrible first half but made up for it with a dominant seciond half performance.

Murray - possibly MOM? My shout anyway in what was a patchy performance to say the least - last minute wins I'll take any day of the week though :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CMac1988
31-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Murray - Possibly

Hmm...

Smith - Never had alot to do except from kick. Unfortunately this was a bit troublesome in the form of many pass backs, and made worse with the state of the pitch. Weak kick from by-kicks.

Wotherspoon - Passing was s****. Fortuantely there was a couple of decent runs but he'd have been found out by any other team as all he would do is cut inside then pass/cross. A better side would have had him pegged.

Hogg - My MotM! Was the only Hibs player today that stood strong (With the possible exception of Bamba after the 1st 30mins or so...) and done everything he was supposed to do without any mistake's. I know they weren't exactly all guns blazing but he done the basics today simply when they mattered. My only problem with Hogg these last couple of games is his last ditch kick up the park which isn't all justified as a simple pass across field will have more chance of keeping possesion.

Murray - Was the 1st time in a while where he's had a few hiccups. Although a few iffy passes, and a couple of times where his attention seemed lapsed were his only shortcomings though. But even so he's was easily better than most defenders on there day so... F*** iT! :greengrin

Will definately have a look at the Highlight's as I can remeber thinking of a few of these mistakes when at the game but just can't picture them on run them over in my head... Most probably just made everything I said up :rolleyes:.

HibbyKeith
31-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Hogg - My MotM! Was the only Hibs player today that stood strong (With the possible exception of Bamba after the 1st 30mins or so...) and done everything he was supposed to do without any mistake's. I know they weren't exactly all guns blazing but he done the basics today simply when they mattered. My only problem with Hogg these last couple of games is his last ditch kick up the park which isn't all justified as a simple pass across field will have more chance of keeping possesion.

Sooner he realises hes not that type of defender he'll be all the better for it, i actually think hes a decent "defender" all be it a little on the short side for a centre half, but cant say i've seen him dominated in the air on too many ocassions, he does the hard stuff so well then lets himself down with pisspoor long balls, we have midfielders lets use them please!

wee mention of the ball hoggy controlled from about 6207ft with 1 touch in the first half, impressive! :agree:

archiebald
31-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Again fans fav Riordan does not get subbed and he was terrible :confused:

EasterRoad4Ever
31-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Again fans fav Riordan does not get subbed and he was terrible :confused:

:agree: complete mystery how DR stayed on, he was awful. Hughes had the perfect opportunity to reward Danny G for his midweek winner by giving him a run out :bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2010, 08:29 AM
:agree: complete mystery how DR stayed on, he was awful. Hughes had the perfect opportunity to reward Danny G for his midweek winner by giving him a run out :bitchy:

Liam Miller was the best player on the park by a county mile. Riordan struggled like the rest today but you have to give St Mirren some credit for that. Yogis substitutions worked out ok did they not? We won!

Hibbyradge
31-01-2010, 08:48 AM

rankin-poor passing, got bullied by a bigger midfield

subs:

Hard work watching today, but nothing beats a last minute goal however it goes in!!!

Exactly how I saw it. :agree:

(Although I thought Rankin did ok.)

jdships
31-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Sooner he realises hes not that type of defender he'll be all the better for it, i actually think hes a decent "defender" all be it a little on the short side for a centre half, but cant say i've seen him dominated in the air on too many ocassions, he does the hard stuff so well then lets himself down with pisspoor long balls, we have midfielders lets use them please!

wee mention of the ball hoggy controlled from about 6207ft with 1 touch in the first half, impressive! :agree:

Interesting comments you make
Then we have

Magnum Hibee

"You pays your money and you make your choice" as the saying goes !!!!!:rolleyes:

snooky
31-01-2010, 11:39 AM
The gemme as I saw it.....
Smith - I saw the ball roll off the divot just as he kicked a goal kick (a-la Gary McAlistair penalty against England) but he still got it away. What a pleasure it is to have a REAL goalkeeper between the sticks.
Spoony - passing poor, yes however the no. of times he had the ball and there was nobody running into the volumes of space up the right wing was unbelievable. (Where's Ivan when you need him?)
Hogg - Thought Hoggie was v.g. today.
Bamba - Bambi (on ice) more like at the start but thereafter settled down
Murray - did okay. Committed to the cause as usual
McBride - as above
Miller - a couple of slips but MOTM for me.
Rankin - Not a Rankin fan but I think he played okay.
Stokes - Not one of his better games but always looks dangerous
Nish - Ah, the enigma. Either a Queen's coach or a dustcart. Alas, it was the latter yesterday.
Deeks - Poorest game I've seen him play. Don't know why he wasn't subbed.
Benji - Looked 'lively'.

Main problem yesterday for me was that the player on the ball didn't appear to have many passing options. Not much running off the ball.
Maybe they were all knacked after the Soapies game.

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Interesting comments you make
Then we have

Magnum Hibee

"You pays your money and you make your choice" as the saying goes !!!!!:rolleyes:

Agree about the passing back to the keeper. Asking for trouble on a pitch like that and lots of times it is just passing the buck to the goalkeeper. Unfortunately given the players we have we don`t really have much option but play a passing game though we do overdo it at times , especially yesterday.

sunshine1875
31-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm referring to the players, not the "so called supporters" in the East stand. :wink:

Smith - couldny kick

Wotherspoon - awful

Hogg - Hogg

Murray - Possibly

I'll stop there

CalgaryHibs :top marksnot a player, but a key individual. In CalgaryHibs we trust.

CMac1988
31-01-2010, 01:41 PM

I think the only reason he gets to stay on is simply due to his chances of scoring a free kick. I can't see any plausible reason other than that, as there's no way he should have been kept on ahead of stokes yesterday.

I also think he's wasted on the left. It may be his best position (according to some), but without any pace and the usual cut inside crap he's so predictable... Unless of course he manages to pull out a wonder goal :wink:.