PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

thebakerboy
30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Dont like starting this thread(cant find another one) but been waiting since got home at 6 for someone else to start it. Possibly nobody wishes to be one who starts it so here goes
Smith 7 dont know who was at faultfor goal but blame both for lack of communication
Spooney 5 Had square boots on first half but put some good crosses in late in game
Hogg 8 Captains role poss MOM
Bamba 5 See Smith re goal , some scary moments better 2nd. half
Murray 8 Normal from nid
McBride 7 Not best game but held midfield
Miller 7 Good goal some poor passes (blame pitch in part) good harrying
Rankine 6 Great work rate tried hard but passing/shooting poor
Nish 5 STAND UP MAN
Deeks 5 If he would work like Rankine ,with his skill, would be a superstar but wasted wide left
Stokes 6 Not his day (maybe an injury)

Subs

Benji 7 Looked good more interested than some games

Galbraith 11 Did not get on but deserves mark for warming up right up to
final whistle

Yogi 4 Game needed changing and you didnt do it

Result great but played poor (sign of a good side???????????)

hibztilltheend
30-01-2010, 08:03 PM
smith 7 - had one good save and i swear i heard him shout for bamba to leave it but probably too late

spoony 6 - not his best game but some good crosses

bamba 6 - at fault for goal but solid after

hogg 8- MOM hoggy of old

murray 7 - same old same old

miller 7 - good goal but ok passing because of pish pitch

mcbride 6 - held midfield well

rankin - 7 - worked his socks off

stokes 6 - ok

nish 5- terrible from the big man

riordan 5- totally anonymous

benji 6- looked up for it(for a change)

agree about galbraith he really should have come on for deek who was shoking

GreenPJ
30-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Dont like starting this thread(cant find another one) but been waiting since got home at 6 for someone else to start it. Possibly nobody wishes to be one who starts it so here goes
Smith 7 dont know who was at faultfor goal but blame both for lack of communication
Spooney 5 Had square boots on first half but put some good crosses in late in game
Murray 8 Normal from nid
Nish 5 STAND UP MAN
Deeks 5 If he would work like Rankine ,with his skill, would be a superstar but wasted wide left

Subs

final whistle

Cannot agree with Nish and Riordan having same score. Nish may not half of Deek's ability but he tries and at times did deliver some nice touches and had 4 attempts albeit only one on target. Deek was terrible, I cannot remember him doing anything other than a terrible shot from a great Benji pass.

thebakerboy
30-01-2010, 11:31 PM
just thought Nishes contribution today was poor

sleeping giant
30-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Murray 8 Normal from nid
Nish 5 STAND UP MAN

Subs

final whistle

Agree apart from

Murray 6
Rankin 7
Nish 7

seanraff07
30-01-2010, 11:35 PM
just thought Nishes contribution today was poor

it's not even the fact that he didn't get involved, it's just he made so many poor decisions at vital moments, like about 10/15 mins from the end today Riordan whips in a corner Nish gets it about a yard out from goal facing the wrong way, tries to turn and shoot, if he had just back-heeled it it wouldve been a goal.

proud_and_green
31-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Interesting the take on Nishy's contribution. I wasn't at the game yesterday (had to work) but today's Scotland on Sunday has him as MOM. I wonder if Nishy doesn't get a bad press from our fans because people just don't like him. I thought last week he worked hard and provided a lot of the unseen work, lay offs, holding up the ball etc. I agree that he does go down far too easily though and does need to learn to stand up.

I don't think Nishy will ever get a fair deal from the fans. For what its worth i think there have been times when he has been subbed and we've dropped out of the game. He works hard and gives 100%.

By comparison though, Deeks does the square root of bugger all and nobody even suggests that he was part of the problem!!!

Still, this is Hibs isn't it we love to hate at least half of our players!!!

MWHIBBIES
31-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Interesting the take on Nishy's contribution. I wasn't at the game yesterday (had to work) but today's Scotland on Sunday has him as MOM. I wonder if Nishy doesn't get a bad press from our fans because people just don't like him. I thought last week he worked hard and provided a lot of the unseen work, lay offs, holding up the ball etc. I agree that he does go down far too easily though and does need to learn to stand up.

I don't think Nishy will ever get a fair deal from the fans. For what its worth i think there have been times when he has been subbed and we've dropped out of the game. He works hard and gives 100%.

By comparison though, Deeks does the square root of bugger all and nobody even suggests that he was part of the problem!!!

Still, this is Hibs isn't it we love to hate at least half of our players!!!:top marksI was saying to my dad yesterday that when riordan did something wrong no one said anything buy when it comes to nish he gets dogs abuse when he is actualy one of our more important players.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
31-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Interesting the take on Nishy's contribution. I wasn't at the game yesterday (had to work) but today's Scotland on Sunday has him as MOM.

The Yam that wrote that piece probably wasn't at the game either. :agree:

Jones28
31-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Surely Nish deserves a five and Riordan a 4?

Nish was poor today, he could have had a hatrick if he was a better finisher, but Riordan was terrible :agree:

Spoke to Wotherspoon after the match and he said they were all knackered.

greenlex
31-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Surely Nish deserves a five and Riordan a 4?

Nish was poor today, he could have had a hatrick if he was a better finisher, but Riordan was terrible :agree:

Spoke to Wotherspoon after the match and he said they were all knackered.
Well I hope they are getting plenty rest between games then cos they have a full programme of games the next few weeks.

DirtyDeeds
31-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Smith 7 - Unfortunate with what happened at the goal, who knows whos to blame really. FINALLY a dependable keeper though.

Wotherspoon 5 - Shaky from the first seconds, state of pitch didnt help with his urge to run with the ball, passing was dreadful at time though. Improved second half, few dangerous crosses late on.

Murray 7 - So solid, bombed on in first half but rarely in second until the winner. Shows the damage he can do if he tried it more often.

Hogg 8 - Outstanding performance. Will never be a good ball playing centre, but takes responsibility for every decision he makes. Best iv seen him in a while. Won loads of headers agaisnt their giants, bailed Bamba out repeatedly.

Bamba 5 - Had he not been really good in the 2nd half, he'd have got a 2 or 3, he was that bad first half. Murdock was never that poor. When he keeps it simple, he shines. Maybe being surrounded by big names for the last month has given his ego an unwelcome boost.

McBride 6 - Simple, tidy, effective. Proves you dont a 'hardman' in the deeper role, just a guy who can time his tackles well instead of breaking guys in half. Handled state of the pitch as well as anyone

Rankin 6 - Glad he played, he was the type of guy we needed in there today, we probably would have lost had Zemmama been fit. Pitch obviously hampered his already limited passing ability, but tackled well, and tried to get the ball to the 'footballers' as often as possible. If Zemmama and Deek had this guys attitude.....

Miller 7 - Much the same sort of performance as McBride, goal gets him a slightly higher mark. Another whos tackling is about timing as opposed to brute force. Linked well with Spoony 2nd half to get ball in box. Heres hoping he hangs around for a couple of seasons.

Riordan 4 - How he played the 90 is beyond me. Couple of decent bits of link play down the wing with Murray 1st half, that about it. Contributing so little just now, very good at sprinting back when its too late, all it does is tricks his worshippers into thinking hes a changed player. Suppose these are the reasons he plays for us and didnt cut it at Parkhead.

Nish 5 - What a bloody pain in the @rse!! Lots of his work outside the box was really effective and contribute to the chances we made. But iv honestly never seen a guy his size be so dreadful at heading a ball. 3 headers within 12 yards of goal, all off target. Sure he could have scored at least once in those goalmouth scrambles too. Absolutely hopeless penalty box player. Dont hit me with the workrate thing either, i could do that.

Stokes 6 - Took a lot of hits up against they big dirty buggers, and didnt benefit from a more aerial approach due to the nick of the pitch. Difference between him and Deek is that he always forced their guys into making a decision, rushing clearances etc, still trying to make a contribution when you realise its unlikely you yourself are going to score the important goal. Unlucky to go off unless he was injured.

Benji 6 - Calm head and a bit of vision to set up Murray, did his job really. Benefitted from tired legs late on.

Yogi 5 - Justified Stokes change by Benji's part in winner. But how he left Riordan on the park is staggering. Galbraith would have been more effective getting some crosses into the box, and would have given us a pacier option to go over the top agaisnt tired defenders. Also felt he made the right call bby bringing back Bamba, as harsh as it was on Hanlon. He would have had a torrid time against the bruisers they had up top today, St Midden utilise the hoofball approach much more than Celtic did on Wednesday, not sure he'd have been as effective. In the end, its another 3 points, so hard to be overly critical.

fife hfc
31-01-2010, 06:07 PM
SMITH 7 Good saves and looks a reliable keeper. not sure if he was to blame for goal or not.

WOTHERSPOON 6 By the standards he has set he was poor but he never hides and always look to be positive

MURRAY 7 Mr Consistant

HOGG 8 Great game Yesterday and totally solid

BAMBA 6 extremely slow start but dominated as game went on. Unlucky not to score and make up for OG

McBRIDE 6 not as effective as last week but done the job as required

MILLER 7 controlled first half and scored great goal. faded a touch in second half.

RANKIN 7 Had a decent game but stii very slack on occasions with passing. should have scored

NISH 6 missed a number of chances but battled well and unlucky not to score when he hit the post

RIORDAN 5 Needs to get more involved and should have been replaced

STOKES 5 Quiet game but still worked the saints defenders

subs - BENJI 6 Had an impact and set up Deek for great chance and murray for cross that brought goal.

3pm
31-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I thought we were pish. I'd struggle to pass anyone.