PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm Mentality

steviedonx
30-01-2010, 07:46 PM
After watching the game today, one thing struck me.

After giving a mediocre 80 minutes, and finding ourselves at 1-1 with St Mirren, the team, and the fans, seemed to think "****** this, we should be winning this game", and stepped it up. This seemed to have an amazing effect on St. Mirren, who suddenly seemed to think that they shouldn't be drawing against Hibs at home. They then started punting the ball anywhere, playing for the draw, while Hibs piled he pressure on in waves.

I don't know whether this is because of the new attitude Yogi has brought to the team, or whether the training centre is giving us the edge in the last ten minutes or what.

What I do know, is that I suddenly have the feeling that no matter how late in the game it is, I know Hibs always have a chance of sealing the 3 points. And that's a great feeling.

GGTTH

Broken Gnome
30-01-2010, 07:49 PM
And barring that late chip wide, never ever looked in danger of losing. Equally pleasing.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Excellent point.

Celtic and Rangers win games in the last minute as often as they do because they don't give up.

They won't accept a draw.

I'd love to think we had adopted that mentality.

monktonharp
30-01-2010, 07:50 PM
After watching the game today, one thing struck me.

After giving a mediocre 80 minutes, and finding ourselves at 1-1 with St Mirren, the team, and the fans, seemed to think "****** this, we should be winning this game", and stepped it up. This seemed to have an amazing effect on St. Mirren, who suddenly seemed to think that they shouldn't be drawing against Hibs at home. They then started punting the ball anywhere, playing for the draw, while Hibs piled he pressure on in waves.

I don't know whether this is because of the new attitude Yogi has brought to the team, or whether the training centre is giving us the edge in the last ten minutes or what.

What I do know, is that I suddenly have the feeling that no matter how late in the game it is, I know Hibs always have a chance of sealing the 3 points. And that's a great feeling.

GGTTHmy thoughts too. see other thread on this issue:wink:

steviedonx
30-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I really think we have, and I think it is solely down to having a manager who really cares about Hibs and their history.

Let's be honest, how many of us would love to hear a Yogi team talk. They must be amazing. I remember seeing an old behind the scenes video where Sauzee said that Yogi was an unbelievable character in terms of motivating the team. That's something that you don't lose, and I for one am so glad that he is back where he belongs.

steviedonx
30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
my thoughts too. see other thread on this issue:wink:

sorry, took a while writing it!

Malthibby
30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
The crowd did start making a lot of noise as the pressure was racked up, would be nice to think that something fundamental is happening, because we are quite a quiet lot overall (apart from the noisy boys in the East, of course).
GG