PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith warm up

thebakerboy
30-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Felt sorry for young Danny who spent a lot of 2nd. half warming up in front of FF stand and was even standing there like a wee lost soul at the final whistle. Surely Yogi could have let him on to get his cheers for winner on wednesday. Cmon Yogi have some sentiment for a young guy and give some playing time next week.:greengrin

hibee_girl
30-01-2010, 06:50 PM
:agree:

I noticed that too, he was warming up for ages on his own.

shamo9
Felt sorry for young Danny who spent a lot of 2nd. half warming up in front of FF stand and was even standing there like a wee lost soul at the final whistle. Surely Yogi could have let him on to get his cheers for winner on wednesday. Cmon Yogi have some sentiment for a young guy and give some playing time next week.:greengrin

I'd rather we just concentrate on winning the game of football - which we were toiling to do - than pat ourselves on the back for beating a big team. That's exactly the sort of attitude that saw us get gubbed 3-0 off of Livi the last time we won at Parkhead. No sentiment when there's vital points to fight for. Had we lost today then the result against Celtic would've been just that: pointless.

Still, Galbraith should definitely play some part next week.

BSEJVT
Must admit I thought that was an extremely strange bit of man management as well.

Andy74
30-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Must admit I thought that was an extremely strange bit of man management as well.

Why? Hughes is here to win football games. Hanlon has had two decent games and got no sniff today either. They are young boys at a good club and their time will come.

I'm sure Hughes said well done to danny after the last game!

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Why? Hughes is here to win football games. Hanlon has had two decent games and got no sniff today either. They are young boys at a good club and their time will come.

Exactly..

Galbraith's time will come :agree:

machibby
30-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Was hoping he'd get on, but to be honest wasn't sure where he could come in on the game. Saints are quite a strong robust lot and just not sure this was an ideal stage for Galbraith to come into. It looked pretty much like they were happy to get a draw and were sitting back so where the space for Galbraith would come from I don't know. Had we been ahead during the game at any point, my guess is he would have got some time. Have to say I feel more sorry for young Hanlon though.

Malthibby
30-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Don't really understand why Galbraith didn't get 20 minutes given Deeks was having a complete & total off-day. I generally support having Riordan on the pitch even if he ain't giving 100%, just because of what he can be capable of, but there are limits & today he needed hauling off.

GreenPJ
30-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Because Deek was completely annonymous and ineffective. Good enough reason for a sub if you ask me.

Andy74
30-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Because Deek was completely annonymous and ineffective. Good enough reason for a sub if you ask me.

That's different from the argument about bringing him just so he could get some crowd recognition.

GreenPJ
30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
That's different from the argument about bringing him just so he could get some crowd recognition.

You said Hughes's job was to win games, therefore he should have sub'd Deek with Danny being the obvious replacement.

jdships
30-01-2010, 07:54 PM

Got it in one !!!:thumbsup:

thebakerboy
30-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I have 2 thoughts on this
1 Deeks was having a stinker and we needed a change and to me Danny fitted the bill

2 After we scored winner Yogi could have stuck him on for 1 min to get adulation after Wednesday