PDA

View Full Version : How did Green Day go?

Gerrintaethem
30-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Lots of flags? good atmosphere?

woody47
30-01-2010, 05:57 PM
No and No. :devil:

Golden Bear
30-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Lots of flags? good atmosphere?

No difference from a normal game I'm afraid.

hibee_girl
30-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Only time there was any atmosphere was after we scored the winner

down-the-slope
30-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Bit more signing than normal - but not much. Mostly aimed at the un-fortunates from the west of the city.

Bounce got their flag out at half time...no sign of the .net one :rolleyes: which was poor considering idea origionated on here.

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:08 PM
i had my flag out in the west upper 6 (5' x 3' flags together)and the bounce had thier flag out.

unfortunately not the response to the calls we were looking for.

hopefully do it on a day where the weather is better and perhaps on a better game. Aberdeen in a fortnight sounds better to me.

California-Hibs
30-01-2010, 06:13 PM
i had my flag out in the west upper 6 (5' x 3' flags together)and the bounce had thier flag out.

unfortunately not the response to the calls we were looking for.

hopefully do it on a day where the weather is better and perhaps on a better game. Aberdeen in a fortnight sounds better to me.

The Aberdeen games a night game man, it'll be freezing! :ill: haha

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:14 PM

wasnt aware of that. oops!

more flags etc would be nice to see though. I know they are out there so bring them along!!!

Billychaotic182
30-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Aberdeen away was freezing and that was the best game i have been to in ages for the atmosphere

ZippytheHibee
30-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Atmosphere was terrible. Felt like I was at a mortuary.

We need more people coming back to Easter Road and getting behind the team. We are playing some of the best football in years and still have poor crowds and terrible atmosphere.

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:28 PM
anyone with any pictures from today.

Needed more time and awareness about what was trying to be done today.

I think we need to wait until a big game comes up (celtic at home?) and get a big drive for it and push for people to bring as many flags as possible

flags are a great sight and if you have one bring it along, dont be scared to get it out just dont be silly with it!!!

:flag: :flag:

AugustaHibs
30-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Why dont we make it sat 3rd april? Hopefully better weather and against the tics. Better Airtime aswell and maybe make it an official thing on the website?

Anyone Agree?

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2010, 06:30 PM

We need more people coming back to Easter Road and getting behind the team. We are playing some of the best football in years and still have poor crowds and terrible atmosphere.

Its a crying shame really,
we have the manager, generally good standard of player, and type of football we all craved for, and this team could really really go places, yet we still cant get a good crowd and atmosphere.

terrible :grr:

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Why dont we make it sat 3rd april? Hopefully better weather and against the tics. Better Airtime aswell and maybe make it an official thing on the website?

sounds like a great idea to me. Gives us 2 months to get it all together and get it properly aired. I'll see if i can push something with those at Hibs. Maybe print something in the programmes the two games in advance of it? or get the tannoy guy to say something at the end of the games etc...

i think flags still need to be brought. Hopefully the bounce will bring theirs more often and .net can get thier flag out!

i know htose flags need a lot of manpower but i think it will all help in the long run.

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:33 PM
anyone know a worthy contact at Easter Road who could maybe help us?! im gonna start working on this as soon as possible!

AugustaHibs
30-01-2010, 06:34 PM
sounds like a great idea to me. Gives us 2 months to get it all together and get it properly aired. I'll see if i can push something with those at Hibs. Maybe print something in the programmes the two games in advance of it? or get the tannoy guy to say something at the end of the games etc...

i think flags still need to be brought. Hopefully the bounce will bring theirs more often and .net can get thier flag out!

i know htose flags need a lot of manpower but i think it will all help in the long run.

Great Job mate :thumbsup:

Andy74
30-01-2010, 06:39 PM
This sort of thing can only be done here in the summer! Plus you need weeks of publicity and you also need to have loads of cheap merchandise people can pick up at the ground. Otherwise forget it!

AugustaHibs
30-01-2010, 06:40 PM
This sort of thing can only be done here in the summer! Plus you need weeks of publicity and you also need to have loads of cheap merchandise people can pick up at the ground. Otherwise forget it!

So do you agree with my idea Then?

MacBean
30-01-2010, 06:42 PM

i think we have learned that from todays show.

Hoping to get something organised for April's game against Celtic giving us 2 months to prep it and promote it

AugustaHibs
30-01-2010, 06:43 PM
It makes it much easier for players to play with a good atmosphere. :agree:

Andy74
30-01-2010, 06:47 PM
The key could be getting some buy in from some company who could sell thousands of cheap wee flags, cheap green tee shirts or both. Maybe even green cards on the seats to make sure. Good idea though to at least try to do something. Just needs some thought as to how to get it done.

NaeTechnoHibby
30-01-2010, 06:48 PM

Anyone Agree?

So do you agree with my idea Then?

I hadnae read the thread, but I have nae flags left after the 2007 win somehow :boo hoo:, however it was baltic today and that isnae condusive tae include people IMO :agree:

Better saved for the "spring" when/if we can get that Euro spot, bit like Motherwell a few years back :rolleyes: in hope that we have it before the last game :agree:

RoYO!
30-01-2010, 06:48 PM

it feels like there are many that are just waiting for us to slip up and are really quick to get on the teams back if its not going to plan.

we were really pressing st mirren towards the end and the crowd was still not really getting behind them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I thought that the crowd was very strange today, or at least looked that way from my seat in the east [section nearest ff]. Seemed a very poor attendance at about 10 to, but then seemed to fill up really quickly. On the ceefax they are listing attendance as 11,500 but I thought it was more than that. As for the singing......well one rendition of cheer up jimmy jefferies about 5 minutes in, then nada.:zzzzz!::yawn::tumble:

frazeHFC
30-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Singing at the end was good, all 3 stands all singing, then walking out the ground the "Cheer up sleepy Jean" song was playing :thumbsup:

MacBean
30-01-2010, 07:04 PM
we need to see these more often!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1005/1231405123_1c586e712c.jpg?v=0

http://file011a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/08/19/17/11913973a5320807972l.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs146.snc1/5414_115300548727_500378727_2191592_6432841_n.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/IMG_0049.jpg

GreenArmyyy!
30-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I normally sit in the FF but i got my season ticket swapped and sat in the West lower today, ive got to say im disgusted with the support today for a start we beat hamilton 5-1 and play the best football weve played all season then beat celtic at parkhead and there cant have been much more than 11500 there today, i cant stand it when the tens of thousands of fans come out of there closets for cup finals but wont make an appearance at easter road, if hearts had those last two results there attendance would have been nearer 15000. My next point was how easily the fans got on the players backs today it seemed that every time a pass went astray or BOBBLED away from a player they got stick, there was certainly no lack of endeavor there from the boys today it was just the pitch was in such a state, we tried to play football the right way but every time we tried a killer pass the ball seemed to bobble away. Right rant over, well done today hibs, dug in and it paid off eventually. GGTTH! :thumbsup:

MacBean
30-01-2010, 07:16 PM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1005/1231405123_1c586e712c.jpg?v=0

http://file011a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/08/19/17/11913973a5320807972l.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs146.snc1/5414_115300548727_500378727_2191592_6432841_n.jpg

can respective owners bring them :greengrin:wink:

ArabHibee
30-01-2010, 07:45 PM

I think we need to wait until a big game comes up (celtic at home?) and get a big drive for it and push for people to bring as many flags as possible

flags are a great sight and if you have one bring it along, dont be scared to get it out just dont be silly with it!!!

:tee hee:

WarringtonHibee
30-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I actually noticed today I can hang up the Lancashire Hibs flag at the back of the East where some of us stand, I'll get hold of it and start bringing it up probably starting with the Aberdeen match.

Lmc2105
30-01-2010, 08:34 PM
i handed back the .net flag this morning as i could not make the game today!
so am not sure if this was at the game today or not

.. Also i can confirm that Edinburgh & Livingston Hibernian Supporters club are in the process of making a brand new flag :agree::thumbsup:

I think a decent aim for a green day would be the first home game next season that way you will have lots of time to organise and get your message across but your doing a good job man and good luck to you:top marks

James70
31-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Let's all do the Hibee Bounce! :greengrin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatcher/4318764236/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Ell_Chrisso
31-01-2010, 02:52 PM

:flag: :flag:

Most won't hold back on that one.

How about some Hibs cheerleaders? That will soon let the package out

Gatecrasher
31-01-2010, 03:31 PM

i took that with my phone :agree: its my pic on FB :greengrin

here is a pic a took yesterday at HT

RIP
31-01-2010, 04:23 PM
To be honest I feel slightly sick when I read threads like these - however well meaning

A few fans putting sugesstions on a message board is going to achieve the square root of **** all

Do we have a supporters association? Why aren't they working with the club on fan initiatives?

We have a club who are making solid incremental progress on many fronts but the matchday atmosphere is still lagging way behind IMO

We are probably losing upwards of half a million pounds in lost revenue every year because of this :grr:

Phil MaGlass
31-01-2010, 04:42 PM
i handed back the .net flag this morning as i could not make the game today!
so am not sure if this was at the game today or not

.. Also i can confirm that Edinburgh & Livingston Hibernian Supporters club are in the process of making a brand new flag :agree::thumbsup:

I think a decent aim for a green day would be the first home game next season that way you will have lots of time to organise and get your message across but your doing a good job man and good luck to you:top marks

theres still plenty of home games to come

St.Johnstone 27 feb
killie 6mar
D.Utd wed 24 mar
Sellik 3 april

come on folks, it needs a small committee to get organised, spread the word.

surely we can get up for the game against D.Utd atleast?

basehibby
31-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Only time there was any atmosphere was after we scored the winner

Disagree - I thought the crowd was more enthusiastic than usual with more singing (in the East anyway) over the 90mins than yer usual St Midden fixture, although that could just as easilly have been inspired by recent performances as much as any initiative.
Re flags - saw a big famous 5 one in the Famous 5 stand at HT - that apart, no more than usual.

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Disagree - I thought the crowd was more enthusiastic than usual with more singing (in the East anyway) over the 90mins than yer usual St Midden fixture, although that could just as easilly have been inspired by recent performances as much as any initiative.
Re flags - saw a big famous 5 one in the Famous 5 stand at HT - that apart, no more than usual.

I may be wrong but did you not say the same thing on a different thread? I'm not picking on you (honest) but what you are saying just simply isn't true.

The atmosphere at the game yesterday was abysmal and apart from a couple of songs about Nade and Jumbo Jefferies that was about it until Hibs scored right at the death.

Please remember, just coz 2 people are singing beside you does not maketh a good all round atmosphere. :greengrin

Lmc2105
31-01-2010, 05:15 PM
theres still plenty of home games to come

St.Johnstone 27 feb
killie 6mar
D.Utd wed 24 mar
Sellik 3 april

come on folks, it needs a small committee to get organised, spread the word.

surely we can get up for the game against D.Utd atleast?

I realise that but if hibs are making a position available for the Supporters clubs and fans to talk to and to get the guy settled into his role who ever that may be (Blackpool hibs & iwasthere1972 are front runners surely:greengrin)

I think that the first game next season would be a good game to start that

but hey what do i know :blah::wink:

sleeping giant
31-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I bumped into a couple of .netters at the match and was disappointed to see that they didnt take part:bitchy:

HibbyAndy
31-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Im really delighted that the West played there part in Green day, Or shall we just blame it oan the East like everything else?.

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I bumped into a couple of .netters at the match and was disappointed to see that they didnt take part:bitchy:

I don't wear green, it clashes with the colour of my hair.

What's your excuse? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
31-01-2010, 05:44 PM

You dinnae wear Green because..................

sleeping giant
31-01-2010, 05:44 PM

I had my scarf and my green Calvins:thumbsup:

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I had my scarf and my green Calvins:thumbsup:

Fair enough about the scarf but can anyone back up your statement on the Calvins? :cool2:

Green Man
01-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I had my green Sambas on - it was the first dry day since I got them, been waiting months to wear them to ER!

They were on display when I jumped 3 feet in the air at the winner :greengrin

greenlex
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM

You a Ginge?

sleeping giant
01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
You a Ginge?

Blue rinse :agree:

MacBean
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Im really delighted that the West played there part in Green day, Or shall we just blame it oan the East like everything else?.

i had my flag up ( 15 ft wide and 9 foot high) for about 10 minutes at the start, and 10 minutes at half time. The steward told me to take it down at the start of the match as it was draped over the hoardings of the upper tier.

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
It was obviously disappointing that there wasn't much more colour than usual. I saw, I think, three chequered flags on flag poles and the Bounce flag, as well as a few guys with flags wrapped round their shoulders.

I don't agree about the atmosphere, though. I thought the East Standites started singing a lot earlier than usual, instead of waiting till we've scored. I expect that was down to the last couple of games more than anything.

It would be great if we didn't let this completely scupper any attempts at anything similar in the future. I liked the ideas that people had about arranging it quite a number of weeks in advance and maybe when it was better weather.

If somebody knows the guy that sells flags and scarves on Albion Road and could convince him to start selling the flags on canes, like at Cup Finals, that would be an instant boost. Failing that, I'd happily chip in for some flags, if anybody else was willing to contribute, and hand them out to the kids at the the game.

MacBean
01-02-2010, 11:32 AM
does anyone have any photos from saturday. I had my flag up for long enough and was hoping someone would have snapped it. it is big enough!!

If we could get permission from hibs and work something out with them then i'd happily help out keekaboo.

I Think we would need to work with hibs though, pick a date, and go around the seats and stick the flags on them for people to get when they arrive. Its a big job and would need something to get it going.

anyone have any contacts?!?!?

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
does anyone have any photos from saturday. I had my flag up for long enough and was hoping someone would have snapped it. it is big enough!!

If we could get permission from hibs and work something out with them then i'd happily help out keekaboo.

I Think we would need to work with hibs though, pick a date, and go around the seats and stick the flags on them for people to get when they arrive. Its a big job and would need something to get it going.

anyone have any contacts?!?!?

I'd get in touch with the club, if this was a goer.

California-Hibs
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I put my 3 part flag up every home game at the back corner of the FF lower, then the Poles On Tour one goes up next to mine. It definatly adds abit more colour, and it would be great to see more flags on display at Easter Road. It was good to see the big flag tied up at the fence in the East :agree: Seeing that everyweek would be good. Was also good to see the big one hanging over the West, well done mate! :greengrin

MacBean
01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'd get in touch with the club, if this was a goer.

Certainly worth speaking to them about it.

Even if we got small flags similar to below :wink: on a short cane and handed them out to all concessions at the next hibs kids game, or place them on every few seats in the stadium.
:flag:

Im sure they would have a contact to supply and would be more than willing to help out to some degree.

An Leargaidh
01-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I decided to give it a go and had my home top on under my coat (with two t-shirts on below that including a 'Big-H' very very green official club store t-shirt but it wasn't really warm enough to get the coat off.

I noticed two of the regular scarf sellers had big flags on sale on canes. I had one of those premonitions that if I bought one I'd get refused entry or a steward would complain about it once I got in so I didn't buy one. I had on my CIS Cup scarf but I have that at any match.

Am thinking of getting a "green harp" flag but without the cane. I'm sure someone will help me hold it up (or tie up any complaining steward in it like they used to do with carpets in old gangster movies :greengrin )

In all seriousness I think if the Green Day movement can be kept up it will maybe become more popular with the coming of the warmer weather.

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gif

Cammy

MacBean
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I decided to give it a go and had my home top on under my coat (with two t-shirts on below that including a 'Big-H' very very green official club store t-shirt but it wasn't really warm enough to get the coat off.

I noticed two of the regular scarf sellers had big flags on sale on canes. I had one of those premonitions that if I bought one I'd get refused entry or a steward would complain about it once I got in so I didn't buy one. I had on my CIS Cup scarf but I have that at any match.

Am thinking of getting a "green harp" flag but without the cane. I'm sure someone will help me hold it up (or tie up any complaining steward in it like they used to do with carpets in old gangster movies :greengrin )

In all seriousness I think if the Green Day movement can be kept up it will maybe become more popular with the coming of the warmer weather.

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gifhttp://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/flagani2.gif

Cammy

I think your right.

as shown in previous posts there are plenty of flags out there and people just dont bring them.

Whether that is through embarrasment or worried if they'll get shunned/chucked out etc... then fair enough, but we need as many people as possible to bring flags add colour and the "festival feel" to the ground.

I know leemc couldnt bring the hibs.net flag along on saturday but if we could get a group of folk to commit to bringing that every week then we would be onto a winner!

that flag coupled with the two bounce flags as well as everyones homemade efforts and single flags kicking about at kick off and half time will look fantastic!!

:flag: :flag: :flag:

ArabHibee
01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
You're doing a grand job boys. I think the reason that Saturday didn't take off is simply too short notice! I agree with another poster that it needs a lot more planning. You only gave yourself a couple of weeks to get something in place and probably the only people who knew about it were .netters and the bounce.

Keep it up though. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I put my 3 part flag up every home game at the back corner of the FF lower, then the Poles On Tour one goes up next to mine. It definatly adds abit more colour, and it would be great to see more flags on display at Easter Road. It was good to see the big flag tied up at the fence in the East :agree: Seeing that everyweek would be good. Was also good to see the big one hanging over the West, well done mate! :greengrin

I saw those, they look great.

:thumbsup:

MacBean
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Will the bounce / .net flags be out tonight??

I'll have mine out in the West Upper! any snappers be ready please :wink: