PDA

View Full Version : Stack, Smith or Brown?

weeman96
30-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Now that we have Mark Brown, who do you think will gain No.1 in goals for us?

Smith has been amazing recently :agree:

Stacks is out injured but has done a great job so far. :agree:

Brown I still can't make my mind up?:dunno: ( I know we'v only just signed him)

Billychaotic182
30-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Stack for me. But smith is really good.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I selected dunno because i'd be happy with any of them in goals.

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Smith has been excellent so I wouldn't drop him anytime soon.

--------
30-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Smith is the man in possession, and is entitled to remain so for now.

Period.

Silversand
30-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Smith is in possession of the jersey at the moment.

Great to see Brown joining us, though.

:thumbsup:

AugustaHibs
30-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Maybe play brown vs montrose and see how he gets on, but definetly don't change every week. Smith for me.

Fifer
30-01-2010, 05:54 PM

It has to be Smith. But what a problem to have for a change, Onwards and upwards.:notworthy:

steakbake
30-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Where's the Maka option?

Riordans Boots
30-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Anyone else notice todays programme - Smith not on team sheet at the back of programme. And the same goes for the last few prorammes :confused:

Smith for me btw. :agree:

joe_hfc
30-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Seen Brown in goals a lot of times and he is a quality goalkeeper. If Smith was better before, surely celtic would have signed him? I'm basing my thought about Brown on watching him a few years ago, if Celtic havn't wasted him, then I'd expect him to be number 1 once he gets a chance.

IIRC Yogi said something along the lines off "Smith is somebody i regard as a 'steady eddy', someone who will give me 7/10 every week. I want 10/10".

Sloppy
30-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Where's the Maka option?
exactly my thought!!

joejoefaemexico
30-01-2010, 08:01 PM

stack will be away in the near future, complained about not settleing in in edinburgh, wants to go back to london.

borstalboy
30-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Rumour has it Stack's back injury is worse than Hibs are making out. Probably why we have signed another goaly.

seanraff07
30-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Rumour has it Stack's back injury is worse than Hibs are making out. Probably why we have signed another goaly.

yep heard he's going to struggle to recover, although he is a good player to have as he seems to have a good laugh with the rest of the players in training but he might just end up a waste of wages.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Probably still too early to call but if forced to make a choice then would have to say Smith.

Seveno
30-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Where's the Maka option?

I do like your sense of humour. :faf:

steakbake
30-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I do like your sense of humour. :faf:

Thanks. I voted Smith and would be delighted for Maka never to pull on a Hibs jersey again. (for the record)

Seveno
30-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks. I voted Smith and would be delighted for Maka never to pull on a Hibs jersey again. (for the record)

Phew ! I thought we had a lunatic on the loose.

:thumbsup:

Franck is God
30-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Smith has been outstanding since he arrived and is rightfully our number one, Brown is a good goalie and hopefully will be his number two as I don't rate Stack at all.

I liked Maka and think he has a very bright future but sadly I doubt it will be at Hibs.

An Leargaidh
30-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi

I voted for Graeme Smith :top markswhen he is on for us I can relax and concentrate on the game elsewhere on the pitch. No harm to the big fella but when Ma-Kalambay was on I was a nervous wreck, and was always looking at him and not the play because I just thought what is he doing now, is he looking at the seagulls and not the ball?

On the train after the match I read on the forum that we had signed Mark Brown and everyone seems to say he is a top rate keeper so that is pretty cool. Let's not forget young Flynn as well on his way up to the big world :agree:

I wish big Maka the very best of luck in his future career but please get him the hell away from Easter Road a.s.a.p.

Cammy :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 11:05 PM
The Jersey is Smiths to lose. He has done nothing to warrant being dropped, and continues to impress me every game at the minute :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
30-01-2010, 11:07 PM
The Jersey is Smiths to lose. He has done nothing to warrant being dropped, and continues to impress me every game at the minute :thumbsup:

At this moment , Smith will be between the sticks for a long time.. His form is good and he organises the defence very well...

NO reason to drop him....

RickyS
30-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Maybe play brown vs montrose and see how he gets on, but definetly don't change every week. Smith for me.

maybe Maka could make his last appearance next week? imagine the 14-13 win with maka and wee andy on the same pitch:wink:

Leithenhibby
30-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Was told yesterday that Stack is out the door, :rolleyes: DON'T ask.

An Leargaidh
30-01-2010, 11:16 PM
:Ummm:

I have heard a couple of people saying that Graham Stack's injury is really serious to the extent that his footbal career may be over. Has anyone else heard anything on this or what his injury is, apart what I've already heard that it was his back.

At 29 his career as a goalie should have many years to go but if the stories about the severity of his injury are correct then it could be his career is cut short :Ummm:

Cammy

Saorsa
30-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Where's the Maka option?hopefully very soon he'll no be an option again, ever :agree: :bye:

Smith will do for me just now

RickyS
30-01-2010, 11:22 PM

can i ask if its injury or a transfer?

sleeping giant
30-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Dont ask ! Yer having a laugh eh.

Why is he out the door ?

Septimus
31-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Smith deserves to retain the goalkeeper's place right now. It is good, however, to have serious competition for the position.

Was Brown released by Celtic? Working on the proven premise that Mobrey would not recognise a goalkeeper if he was standing in a wooden framework with a bright yellow jersey and gloves on there is a strong possibility that Brown will turn out to be a really good signing.

Whatever is wrong with Stack I wish him well.

cannastar
31-01-2010, 08:11 AM
graeme smith is the guy with the jersey and i cant think of many moments since he has played that he has let us down in fact the complete oppositte.he has imo provided a confident stability and i believe this has spread throughout the team.let him have an unbroken run and keep this winning habit flourishing,you could see how much it meant to him to have helped get a victory over celtic.thats the kind of commitment and desire i want to see from every player who is fortunate enough to wear the hibs top.:top marks

hibiedude
31-01-2010, 08:16 AM
You must stick with the man in form and smith is a top Goalkeeper and is the clear winner off the poll.

offshorehibby
31-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I've put Brown down, but at the moment Smith deserves the gloves. From what i recall of Brown though he was a fare keeper before he moved to smeltic.

Dibben
31-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Smith has the gloves and deserves the no1 status. Brown will have to be patient to get his chance!
Maka will be gone by tomorrow i'm sure.
Question though. IF Brown plays this season, when was the last time Hibs used 4 keepers in the same season?

BH.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Smith has the gloves and deserves the no1 status. Brown will have to be patient to get his chance!
Maka will be gone by tomorrow i'm sure.
Question though. IF Brown plays this season, when was the last time Hibs used 4 keepers in the same season?

BH.

Thats a shame, I dont think Yogi has thought this through properly, he was such a nice guy. Who do we have now that will have his picture taken, and sign autographs with the kids, before the games and at half time. :confused:

Torto
31-01-2010, 09:43 AM
All the rumours that are going around about Stack's injury are totally way of the mark, he has started training again so it's just another one of these stories that is escalating into something it shouldn't.

FWIW Smith has done well but I think if he does make a mistake then Stack will get a chance before Brown as he deserves it. Also from what I hear he loves it Edinburgh and has settled down just fine.

Dibben
31-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Thats a shame, I dont think Yogi has thought this through properly, he was such a nice guy. Who do we have now that will have his picture taken, and sign autographs with the kids, before the games and at half time. :confused:

If heard rumours that we're after Coco the Clown...

:greengrin

BH.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2010, 10:13 AM
If heard rumours that we're after Coco the Clown...

:greengrin

BH.

Maybe we should just get a mascot for this kind of thing? :wink:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Smith deservedly has the gloves and should keep them.

He's made several top class saves this month and is one of the main reasons we've done so well.

He's a proper keeper. :agree:

TornadoHibby
31-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Pathetic BH if not entirely unexpected! :cool2:

Interesting how you seem to get your enjoyment from this board and it usually seems to relate to kicking people when they are already down! :agree:

In my opinion of course! :wink:

Leithenhibby
31-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Dont ask ! Yer having a laugh eh.

Why is he out the door ?

I said DON'T ask as I had, had a few and couldn't be arsed...:greengrin

Like everyone else, was told (don't shoot me) that Yogi has had enough of his injuries..:rolleyes: and that is why I said "don't ask" :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Interesting how you seem to get your enjoyment from this board and it usually seems to relate to kicking people when they are already down! :agree:

Pathetic :faf: In my opinion of course. :wink:

Hibs90
31-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Maka :agree:

Pretty Boy
31-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Maka :agree:

:faf::faf::faf: Please tell me you joking!!

If not the Royal Edinburgh hospital is in Morningside, they might be able to help you.

IndieHibby
31-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Smith's done nothing to lose his shirt.

silverhibee
31-01-2010, 07:26 PM

:agree::agree: :top marks

silverhibee
31-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Aye your a bad yin BH.:thumbsup:

VegasHibby
01-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Smith without any doubt

Golden Bear
01-02-2010, 08:31 AM
I voted "dunno" - seemed the obvious choice to me as Mark Brown has not even made his debut yet.

We all know what Falkirk & Motherwell fans thought of Kevin McBide and the guy has turned out to be a star for us.

Once Mark has played say seven or eight games for us then we'll all be in a better position to judge.