PDA

View Full Version : Substitutions? Why do you think players head straight down the tunnel?

MussyHibby
30-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Aparent from the obvious of getting a wash first, it disappoints me to see this. I much prefer to see players who come off, sit in the dugout and support the team.

Noticed today Stokes headed straight down the tunnel. Don't like that. :bitchy:

Ritchie
30-01-2010, 06:19 PM
he came back to the dug out in a tracksuit.

must have needed a pee :agree:

Billychaotic182
30-01-2010, 06:26 PM
he came back to the dug out in a tracksuit.

must have needed a pee :agree:

it said on HI he had takin a knock

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Stokes looked pretty peed off I thought and as Riordan had contributed nothing I wouldn't blame him.

down-the-slope
30-01-2010, 06:32 PM
it said on HI he had takin a knock

Now that would make a whole lot more sense - as Riorden & Nish were more obvious to be hooked for Benji than him

woody47
30-01-2010, 06:34 PM
To get another dummy as he lost the one he spat out :devil:

shamo9
30-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I loved Benji's reaction to it: stood there for a second, turned round cautiously and shrugged as if to say, 'what the hell's his problem?' Very Ivan Sproule, not a bad lay off for Murray either:thumbsup:

Gus
30-01-2010, 06:44 PM
On 1 side it looks disrespectful but I'm glad players look disappointed when they are coming off as it's means they know they can do better.

I don't think needing the loo is an excuse, yes they take on alit of fluids but unless u have the tommy tits then show a wee bit of respect IMO

steakbake
30-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Why is it an issue? Maybe he went for a Lilian Gish? Or a Raphael Sheit?

Anyhow, sometimes I think on here we look for issues which don't exist.

I knew there would be a thread about this.

TornadoHibby
30-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I loved Benji's reaction to it: stood there for a second, turned round cautiously and shrugged as if to say, 'what the hell's his problem?' Very Ivan Sproule, not a bad lay off for Murray either:thumbsup:

Benji did very well when he came on and created three or four scoring opportunities for his team-mates before that one which were all wasted! :cool2:

I never understand why he gets so much stick on here! :confused:

madabouthibs
30-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I think he gets a bit of stick because he's usually quite greedy. Sounds to me like he was doing a good deal of creating today, rather than going for self-glory. :agree:
I wasn't there though, so I dunno really. :greengrin

shamo9
30-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Benji did very well when he came on and created three or four scoring opportunities for his team-mates before that one which were all wasted! :cool2:

I never understand why he gets so much stick on here! :confused:

Can you really say that anyone hasn't been given their fair share of stick this season, it happens to all our creative players when they're below par. Let's face it, if they performed to their potential every week they wouldn't be at Hibs. That's not to say that people can't criticise, but calling Bamba a bombscare everytime he touches the ball or practically gagging for Riordan to be taken off doesn't help anything. It makes them feel worse and, by extension, it makes you feel worse as it means that they aren't performing well for Hibs.

Riordan was getting, and has been getting pelters for weeks. Same with Stokes before he went on the scoring run a couple of weeks ago and I won't even bother talking about the stuff said about Nish. Zemmama went from being the 'greatest player since Sauzee' to feigning injury because he didn't have his heart in it. We've even had threads questioning whether Miller is really as great as some people propagate.

Part and parcel of football.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Can you really say that anyone hasn't been given their fair share of stick this season, it happens to all our creative players when they're below par. Let's face it, if they performed to their potential every week they wouldn't be at Hibs. That's not to say that people can't criticise, but calling Bamba a bombscare everytime he touches the ball or practically gagging for Riordan to be taken off doesn't help anything. It makes them feel worse and, by extension, it makes you feel worse as it means that they aren't performing well for Hibs.

Riordan was getting, and has been getting pelters for weeks. Same with Stokes before he went on the scoring run a couple of weeks ago and I won't even bother talking about the stuff said about Nish. Zemmama went from being the 'greatest player since Sauzee' to feigning injury because he didn't have his heart in it. We've even had threads questioning whether Miller is really as great as some people propagate.

Part and parcel of football.

Nothing wrong with giving the players pelters, people pay for the privilege to take part in this. Hibs should market the first 3 rows for this very purpose.

There are stacks of evidence down the years that "confidence players" (who should really not be football players they are professionals FFS) clearly come on leaps and bounds after sustained barracking from the masses.

Do away with clapping, encouraging words and singing is just for "alternative life-stylers".

No whats really needed is for 90 minutes of pure hatred and bile directed at the weakest links in our team. Sports psychologists and scientists will soon prove this empirically after studying eras including the Miller, Blobby and Mixu years and individual case studies including Tortolano, Hamilton, Maka the list goes on....

:fibber:

Wull
30-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Aparent from the obvious of getting a wash first, it disappoints me to see this. I much prefer to see players who come off, sit in the dugout and support the team.

Noticed today Stokes headed straight down the tunnel. Don't like that. :bitchy:

is this the same as slating fans who leave before FT:wink:

silverhibee
30-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Stokes looked pretty peed off I thought and as Riordan had contributed nothing I wouldn't blame him.

Riordan played Stokes in a number of times today, i just thought the pitch played a big part in the game today and players found it pretty hard to deal with, dont think Stokes had the best of games today, looked off the pace and can understand why he was peed of when when he got taken off, but Yogi knows best.:notworthy:

TRC
30-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Ice bath perhaps all the rage!!:cool2:

borstalboy
30-01-2010, 10:32 PM
if anyone has played football before, you know that when you are subbed..............you have a good whine and a moan, questioning why you have been subbed!!!

Today, Stokes was frustrated at being subbed. As John Hughes said previously, he'd much rather have someone like that, than someone being happy to be subbed!

IMO i thought it should have been deeks but as JH would say, we won and his decision was justified!

Gus Fring
06-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I know this was a week ago now, but i was sat right behind the dugout today and confirm that all 3 subs were sent down the tunnel to warm up. Nish wanted to sit down but was told to go down the tunnel. Heard one of the coaching staff saying "nishy, go and get yourself warmed up son"

I definitely want to sit in that area next season, much better view than the one i have from the south and also it gives you a better insight when you can hear whats going on in the dugout.

Anyone know if there's any empty singular seats around that area?

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Why is it an issue? Maybe he went for a Lilian Gish? Or a Raphael Sheit?

Anyhow, sometimes I think on here we look for issues which don't exist.

I knew there would be a thread about this.

:agree: I agree, although i was a little disappointed to hear big Rob Jones never clapped the fans at the end today.

hfc rd
06-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Must have been angry with himself as he was the only striker that never scored a goal today.

Greenblood70
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they get fed up wi the moaning faced canutes in the "support" who castigate a player for a misplaced pass or trying something that doesn't come off.

There were some right moaning ****wits there today imo considering we played some good stuff at times and knocked in a few goals. **** knows what these mugs expect.

NaeTechnoHibby
06-02-2010, 09:26 PM
They, were all ushered down the tunnel :agree:

I was surpised but it might be right :wink:

MyresideHibby
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
They, were all ushered down the tunnel :agree:

I was surpised but it might be right :wink:

Cold, damp day and important game on Wednesday so surely sensible to go straight to the dressing room rather than sit and watch the end from the bench.

Ravelston Hibby
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
is this the same as slating fans who leave before FT:wink:

:faf: I hope so!!! :thumbsup: