PDA

View Full Version : David Wotherspoon

Libby Hibby
30-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Before a thread gets started about him being poor today, please be aware that he has been ill with a heavy cold for the last few days and was a doubt before the game but Yogi had asked him to play through it...Not his finest game in a Hibs Jersey but still gave the side his 100%...Take a bow son for sticking in today :thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
30-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Before a thread gets started about him being poor today, please be aware that he has been ill with a heavy cold for the last few days and was a doubt before the game but Yogi had asked him to play through it...Not his finest game in a Hibs Jersey but still gave the side his 100%...Take a bow son for sticking in today :thumbsup:

Was he poor :confused:

BoltonHibee
30-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Yes, as a lot of the team were.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Thank you Mrs. Wotherspoon. Can you make sure David catches up with his homework, please?

Libby Hibby
30-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Not as good/cultured/exciting as usual, missed placed passes all day to be fair to him but hopefully my first post explains why

Mikeystewart
30-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Yes, as a lot of the team were.

I have to respectfully disagree :coffee:

BoltonHibee
30-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Thats fair enough.

I just thought that his distribution was pretty poor today, he was struggling at times to find a green jersey. I also thought that he was caught out of position a few times also. Had a really poor 15 to 20 mins in the 2nd half.

I think he is a good player and a great prospect, just thought he was off the pace a liittle bit. His illness probably explains this.

Hibby Bairn
30-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Me too....from someone at the game. Thought Wotherspoon had a fine game. Going to be a great player.

BoltonHibee
30-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Me too....from someone at the game. Thought Wotherspoon had a fine game. Going to be a great player.

I saw the game, I just was not at ER.

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I thought Wotherspoon was good and his team mates should've taken advantage of his good positioning on the right wing more often. A quality player already.

Woody70x2
30-01-2010, 06:15 PM

Thought Wotherspoon played well today... plays well beyong his age and with great skill!

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought he was ok today. Made himself available all the time and has the right attitude. He was one of only two players looking to take players on and gave us good width. Sure, he misplaced 2 or 3 passes, but considering the surface, it was understandable.

down-the-slope
30-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Bolton - difference between TV and being there is you can see more of the players work without the ball. Yes he missed a few passes today - nad on a rubbish pitch was not alone. But on several occasions her ran the length of the pitch and was in open space only to get ignored for a pass. He was also playing the whole right side on his own (other than 10 mins second half whhen Stokes pushed out wide) and it must have been sapping on such a heavy pitch to be bombing forward and then having to get back and defend with little break as it was more down the right than left for us all day. He also got a couple of excellent crosses in one of which should have been a goal had the header not been fluffed.

TrinityHibs
30-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Thought he had a better second than first today

scotcha
30-01-2010, 06:20 PM
some people on here are just wanting a rise from people.

This boy was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch today. He was also the only person in a hibs shirt that looked like he wanted to move the ball forward.

His composure on the ball was from someone beyond his years, and he is the one player that looked like he could do something today.

So this was his performance with a cold and being ill... well that made it extra good in my eyes. It also probably explains why he look tired in a ten min spell in the second and had three misplaced passes.

This boy is class, ill or not!!

BoltonHibee
30-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Bolton - difference between TV and being there is you can see more of the players work without the ball. Yes he missed a few passes today - nad on a rubbish pitch was not alone. But on several occasions her ran the length of the pitch and was in open space only to get ignored for a pass. He was also playing the whole right side on his own (other than 10 mins second half whhen Stokes pushed out wide) and it must have been sapping on such a heavy pitch to be bombing forward and then having to get back and defend with little break as it was more down the right than left for us all day. He also got a couple of excellent crosses in one of which should have been a goal had the header not been fluffed.

This is true.

I thought with his passing though, especially in the 2nd half his passes were wayward. These in the main were passes he made without the St Mirren players closing him down (unforced errors). The pitch did not come in to play with some of those passes as they were lifted off the ground. He did get a couple of good crosses in tbf.

I like him, I think he is one of the best prospects we have at the club.

Cabbage1875
30-01-2010, 06:22 PM

This boy was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch today. He was also the only person in a hibs shirt that looked like he wanted to move the ball forward.

His composure on the ball was from someone beyond his years, and he is the one player that looked like he could do something today.

So this was his performance with a cold and being ill... well that made it extra good in my eyes. It also probably explains why he look tired in a ten min spell in the second and had three misplaced passes.

What?????

That's as poor as Ive seen him today, he is an excellent prospect though undeniably.

I must watch a different game from some folk...

Woody1985
30-01-2010, 06:24 PM
There were a few slack passes from him today but overall he was one of our better players.

We still need someone pulling out on the right of midfield to give him another option though.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Wotherspoon was caught in posession a couple of times although there was no-one there to support him and cover for him. Despite this he still managed to get some great crosses in and threaded a dilighfiul ball through to Nish, who should have scored. Again, he never had a great game but was far from poor IMO.

Fifer
30-01-2010, 06:57 PM
:top marks He is learning all the time.
GGTTH

Sas_The_Hibby
30-01-2010, 07:03 PM
By the way the rest of the team was playing, I assume they all had bubonic plague?!? :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
30-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Or a bad dose of Misplaced Pass Syndrome.........

bigwheel
30-01-2010, 07:05 PM
What?????

That's as poor as Ive seen him today, he is an excellent prospect though undeniably.

I thought he started poorly and made hard work of the first half. I thought though he had a much stronger second half....always makes himself available and broke down a number of St Mirren moves....

Winston Ingram
30-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I didn't think he was poor

Sas_The_Hibby
30-01-2010, 07:07 PM
He wasn't brilliant today but he certainly wasn't the worst, by any means: looked a bit more composed than several of his teammates.

aberhibsfc
30-01-2010, 07:09 PM
It's good to know that his performance was hampered by illness. It shows his commitment to the cause that he put himself out there to play.

With that said, he is young and learning, he has been outstanding so far and deserves some patience from the fans.

Good on ye lad.

Don Giovanni
30-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought Spoony had a tough shift on the right today. He had to play the ball inside almost every time, into a congested centre of the park. He had very little support in front of him...

There werent too many top performances out there (and David was far from the worst). Certainly gave his all, especially in the circumstances...

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I didn't think he was poor

coz he wasn´t.

thought in the 1st half he really got us forward and his efforts to get up and down is fantastic, he shows composure beyond his years.

a few slack passes 2nd half, but thats mainly coz going longer made sense.

with miller, rankin and mcbride in midfield, we lack a bit width on the right and DW has a lot of ground to cover.

smashing player and a joy to watch.

ancient hibee
30-01-2010, 07:26 PM
This is true.

I thought with his passing though, especially in the 2nd half his passes were wayward. These in the main were passes he made without the St Mirren players closing him down (unforced errors). The pitch did not come in to play with some of those passes as they were lifted off the ground. He did get a couple of good crosses in tbf.

I like him, I think he is one of the best prospects we have at the club.
In fact the pitch came into play all the time.It was hard,slippery and near to unplayable in parts.Players constantly found their standing foot slipping as they went to play the ball.

Andy74
30-01-2010, 07:35 PM
His composure today was exceptional. A few misplaced passes but what the helll. What a player the boy will be.

BSEJVT
30-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Tin hat firnly on here but his inability to commit to block tackles has contributed to at least 2 goals recently I can think of.

Other than that he is a fine player, but he needs to sort that aspect of his game out pronto!

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2010, 07:58 PM
He struggled in the first half largely due to the dreadful state of the pich on the stand side. I thought his second half performance was excellent.

Badge
30-01-2010, 08:45 PM
What?????

I agree with you. That was as bad as I've seen him play. First ten minutes his backpasses were shocking. He had more misplaced passes today than in all his other games put together.
The boy is still a player and a great prospect.

DaveF
30-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I thought he had a poor game today but I'm only saying that in comparison to his season to date.

He is an outstanding player with great promise and ability and today he was below par. The pitch didn't help, but despite a ropey spell at at the beginning of the 2nd half, he didn't crumble and continued to play his own game. (with notable talks from McBride, Miller and Hogg)

I just wish the bams in the west upper who were screaming at Hughes to 'take him off' would sit back and take a breath before opening their stoopid mouths. He's a kid with huge promise and he is going to make mistakes as he learns the pro game.

Give him (and others) a break or shut up.

Ell_Chrisso
30-01-2010, 09:58 PM

A cold wouldn't affect continuosly poor passes would it?

Besides that, he shows the right enegery, to take players on, and get forward to deliver balls into the box. (Which hardly happens on the other wing!) But his passing was terrible today.

Not the only one that dissapointed.

greenlex
30-01-2010, 10:01 PM
A cold wouldn't affect continuosly poor passes would it?

Besides that, he shows the right enegery, to take players on, and get forward to deliver balls into the box. (Which hardly happens on the other wing!) But his passing was terrible today.

Not the only one that dissapointed.
It happened today about the 92nd minute. :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
30-01-2010, 10:07 PM
It happened today about the 92nd minute. :thumbsup:

Yea, isn't suprising it was when Riordan got put up front, and taken off his fairly uninspiring left wing.

Ian Murray showing how a Wide players job is done.

ANDY McGEECHAN
31-01-2010, 07:17 AM
What?????

Agree, young Wotherspoon is a smashin' player with a bright future in the game, but lets be honest. Today he had a stinker, and if he was not 100% fit, Yogi should not have played him.

archiebald
31-01-2010, 11:30 AM
In the first half yogi never left him alone telling to do this then that not good for the guys confidence :grr:

Expecting Rain
31-01-2010, 11:34 AM

:top marks

Jones28
31-01-2010, 02:53 PM
After leaving BTG, Spooney was walking passed, so asked him about the performance etc

What a great guy he is, very well spoken and intelligent :agree:

machibby
31-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Yep he had a few misplaced passes and got caught on the ball a couple of times, but for me he get thumbs up. Always looking for the ball and was up and down that right hand side all day. Tried hard at every opportunity to get forward and was one of the few player to have a go and beat his man. If you compare his performance to Deeks then I think you have to give him nothing but credit.

Ed De Gramo
31-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Is he the scapegoat this weekend :devil::faf:

FWIW, i thought he had an okay match....certainly better than others that were on the park

MB62
31-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't want to get into a 'let's slag Spoony' scene because the laddie will be a fine player for us in his correct position. Saturday though, I thought he was very poor, his passing in particular was awful, especially in the 2nd half.

I think he needs to have a word with Ian Murray and learn how to put in a tackle, his lack of this started the problem for their goal.

The pitch is in a poor condition and is not helping anybody and it seems to be like this most years at this of the season.

Once we sign a right back, whenever that might be, and let Spoony move forward, we will see the very best of this exciting young player, yesterday was not his best but everyone is entitled to a poor game and we still ended up winning so it can't be all bad.